October 1, 2014 | 1167 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette is beautiful! It's an amazing value for Urban Decay shadow, and the array of neutrals included can really make a lot of different looks. Dark, funky, pretty, casual, there's something in here for everyone. The packaging is gorgeous, slim, and portable, and the magnetic closure holds tight. It also came with a double-edged liner, but I think I may leave that at home and put a brush in its place. I love everything about this palette! Personally, I only had 2 of the shades already, but if you had more, it might be less of a value. Still, there are 4 brand new shades, and the price of the palette is less than the cost of 3 UD eyeshadows! They are full sized shadows, too. I'd recommend this palette to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mrssuperficial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this palette. Usually, Urban Decay is full of glitters and tacky. This palette is very classy and warm. I love everything about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first purchase from UD and I am in love! I have never been interested in their palettes in the past, because of the color selections and packaging, but this one had me immediately hooked. I purchased it online at Sephora when they released it the first week of July, and have been wearing it for a week. The colors are a fabulous array of nudes, from cream to tan to gold to black, with 2 matte shades, several pearl or shimmer shades, and a few with what I consider glitter. I was slightly worried that the palette would be too warm for my almost-NW15 cool complexion, but I love browns on my blue eyes, so I gave it a go. My favorite shades surprised me, as I expected to love the matte shades the most. However, I find I most enjoy wearing Sidecar, Sin, and Toasted (in that order). Sidecar does have a glitter look, and minimal fallout, but it is a truly gorgeous shade. I love all the shadows in this palette, whereas most other palettes I love about half and tolerate (or never touch) the rest. The liners are also great, standard black and a perfect, neutral brown. The Primer Potion I had been introduced to before when having my makeup done as a bridesmaid for a friend's wedding, and had at that time sworn off, as the MUA applied far too much, followed by far too much dark shadow up to my brows, and it took a monstrous amount of effort and baby oil to remove. However, with a very light application, the primer works fabulously, and lives up to the hype. Additionally, the packaging of this palette itself is far more chic and professional-looking than all of the web shots I have seen make it out to be. I do not at all regret pulling the trigger on this one, and if in a few years I completely finish all 12 beautiful shades, I would happily repurchase.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING palette. Urban Decay hit the nail on the head with this, I never buy palettes from them because there will always be some shadows that are hits and misses for me. But these shadows, all of them have excellent quality, and the colors are amazing! I could give up all of my eyeshadows just to keep this one!
PLEASE though, don't buy this on ebay for a ridiculous price, it is worth the wait and the great value retail price! That's kind of the point of buying a palette from UD right? More shadows for a deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by rbalogun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok So im a dark skinned girl(NW47: BENARES:CHESTNUT)...and this palette also works for me as well! i am a neutral/naturals kinda gal so i nearly had a hernia hearing about this. Id always stayed away from Urban Decay cuz like everyones said...the glitter is RIDIC and the colors are almost synonymous to clown makeup..purple green blue gold and bright pinks need not all be in the SAME PALETTE. newho I heard about this palette from temptalia and immediately began my stalking...after 2 disappointing 'not in stock' episodes..i finally got mine and its AMAZING! i created a daytime neutral look and got compliments on my eyes all day...No crumbling and Great pigmentation and blends like a dream...ladies of every skin tone should have this....but seriously u guys..dont freak out like i did lol...its permanent so if u dont have the money now..save up but be sure to get it!

UPDATE 7/30/2010

This palette is uber amazing. no seriiously. its AMAZING. i get so many compliments! and the staying power is amazing. i did a no no and fell out(fell asleep) before taking off my makeup....while this broke me out..my eyes looked the same as before i went to sleep...so this is a thumbs up to the urban decay primer potionn and the eye shadow....match made in heavennn

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by oliviachloe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Trust me, if you're not sure about this palette, buy it! It's a good investment. Even if you, like me, don't always go for the neutral, subtle eye, this palette has great crease colors and highlights to combine with your colors. I do sometimes choose the subtle look, in which case I really like sin and toasted as lid colors, and smog and hustle as crease/outer v colors. Really, the combinations are endless. I would re-purchase this, but I suspect that it will last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by medicredfearn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pictures and swatches at the end of this review.The ever so wonderful Urban Decay Naked Palette! If your'e familiar with Urban Decay eyeshadows, then you either love 'em or hate 'em for their glitter. I love their Deluxe shadows and wish that some of their glittery eyeshadows didn't have any glitter because the color underneath is perfect! Which is what intrigued me when I first heard about an Urban Decay palette that wasn't going to be a glitter bomb!If you like glitter, that's your thing, but not my cup of tea. Not only that, Urban Decay is sort of known for putting several of the same eyeshadows into their different palettes and books of shadows. This one I'm proud to say has 4 new shades in it. Plus, I've found their eyeshadows to be pigmented, super smooth and easy to work with. Except for that glitter fallout throughout the day!But here UD has not only maintained their wonderful texture and pigmentation here, they did it without glitter! Well, mostly. If anything this palette is full of neutrals and for those of you who think, boring, then this might not be for you. But for those of us who love and use neutrals a lot, even if you have a lot of neutrals or if you have none, this palette is convenient and adds a lot of options to your already existing or non existing selection!The palette measures (while closed) approximately 7 7/8" X 2 1/2". The palette is brown velvet with gold letters. It looks sleek and pretty! Plus, if you notice the weight on the eyeshadows, you'll see that each pan is the equivalent of a regular full sized UD eyeshadow. So you're getting 12 FS eyeshadows for $44! It's a wonderful bargain. But enough chit chat. Here are a few pictures of the palette itself with a few swatches of the colors on my NC40 skin. None of the pictures are with flash.Here are the eyeliners
Here are the first four eyeshadows:

Here are the middle 4 shadows:

And the last 4 shadows:

Now the palette itself:

continued >>

90 out of 91 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

This is probably the most useful palette I have ever bought. I love that it contains a little of everything. Light to dark colors, matte to shimmery. I've worn this palette everyday for the past week. I've done the more matte lighter eye for work and over the weekend I did bronzey smokey eyes. It's a very versatile palette. BTW, I'm an NC35ish and have found all the shades to be very wearable. I also found the eyeshadows to be very pigmented and blendable. I love the dual ended eyeliners which really do last all day. On the negative side, I did experience some fallout with certain shades especially Sidecar. Looked like I had sprinkled silver glitter all over my cheekbones. Needless to say, I had to wipe this off and start over. Also, I forgot to use the primer potion one day and found the eyeshadows to crease badly and fade throughout the day. So for me, using the primer is a must. I usually use primer anyway so this isn't a big deal for me. Overall, it really is a fantastic neutral palette and the price can't be beat for what you get. Will most likely buy a back up as soon as it's in stock again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by etooz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is, without a doubt, the best palette ever to grace the Earth. No palette will ever be this amazing. Does this sound like hyperbole to you? Well, it's not. Okay, if you don't like neutrals, this isn't for you. For the rest of us? This is the best thing EVER. Twelve full-size UD shadows, every bit as amazing as their 17 dollar a pop counterparts. I love how smooth and creamy the mattes are. I have a feeling Naked and Buck are gonna be gone before anything else in my palette. There is a color for every purpose, and I found the gunmetal shade a nice touch. For 44 dollars USD, this is a crazy deal. I had shied away from buying UD shadows because I felt 17 bucks per was too much, and I thought part of the price went into their horrendously gaudy packaging-- which brings me to another point: the package. It's flocked velvet/felt brown with gold lettering. It's very chic, kind of like Urban Decay for adults. Usually, UD caters to almost clown makeup, so I'm super happy to see them tap into a more subdued demographic. Before you factor in the dual-ended eyeliner and the UDPP, this is a great deal. When you factor in the whole thing, it is a tremendous deal. If you can get your hands on one, buy it. The versatility is great.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by diggity

This is an awesome palette! I've been using it every day since I got it, and I like that you can do so many different looks, from neutral daytime-appropriate to more sultry or smoky night looks or bronzey summery looks or cooler-toned greys. I think the quality is right on par with the UD single eyeshadows. With 12 full size shadows, a double-ended eyeliner, and a mini Primer Potion, this is an incredible value (I bought mine for $44). These shades are shimmery, sometimes frosty, satiny, or matte. There's some very finely milled glitter, but it swatches as more of a sheen on my skin. I have a little fallout when applying these colors, but I get that with any eyeshadow brand. I will also note that most of the swatches I've seen online appear warmer (to me) than the palette in real life. Here's more information on the shades themselves.

Virgin - new shade - A satiny mostly matte ivory shade. Very pretty and works for me all over lid or as a highlight. Very smooth texture. Not chalky.

Sin - permanent - Super shimmery (maybe a little frosty) champagne shade with super soft texture.

Naked - permanent - A matte nude/buff shade that works all over lid or as highlight for darker skintones, or in crease for fairer skintones. The mattes in this palette are very easy to blend.

Sidecar - new shade - A shimmery (not frosty) taupey brown. This one has some fall-out glitter.

Buck - new shade - Matte medium brown. Super soft and very pigmented. I like to wear this in the crease for my day time look (with Virgin all over lid). My favorite color in the palette. I think this would be similar to MAC Cork or Wedge.

Half Baked - permanent - Goldish coppery bronze shade, very shimmery and slightly frosty (like Sin). I actually think this shade is sort of out of place in this palette.

Smog - permanent - This is a satiny dark bronze, very pretty. This shade really flatters brown eyes. I like to wear it as liner or in the outer V.

Darkhorse - new shade - Very dark brown with a bit of shimmer. It looks more chocolatey in the pan, but I swatched it next to Bobbi Brown Espresso and it was almost as dark (but with shimmer). I really like this as a liner shade.

Toasted - permanent - This is a satiny sort-of-plummy and sort-of-coppery brown. Reminds me of the lighter shade in Nars Kalahari. I wear it all over the lids for a simple sheen.

Hustle - new shade - This looks like a darkened plum brown, but it just swatches as plain brown on me. Very light shimmer. Good for lining or possibly in crease.

Creep - new shade - This is a shimmery black with a tiny bit of blue undertone (not very noticeable on me). It reminds me of MAC Black Tied.

Gunmetal - permanent - A really pretty shimmery gray with a silver sheen.

The liners are Zero (black) and Whiskey (dark brown), both matte and very long lasting.

I highly recommend this palette. The price is awesome, and it's just a versatile piece to have in your makeup arsenal.

58 out of 59 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No