MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 8/26/2008 6:48:00 AM

This is the first MAC foundation I have ever tried & it did not break me out at all. I'm pretty pleased with it. It's the best foundation I've bought so far. I love the buildable coverage. I usually just put it on VERY lightly, but when I have a pimple I can pack it on good & it still looks really natural, not cakey. The only thing is that you have to play with it at first to figure out what looks best on you as far as coverage bc a little goes a very long way. I don't have any complaints about that though. I see that as a positive bc it means I have more control. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't already have a pump. Other than that, I'd definitely buy it again =)

on 8/25/2008 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love it.The first foundation that really fits perfectely to my acne skin tipe.The non-oil formula is great.100%recomended.

on 8/22/2008 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was using the studiofix powder for over 2 years now, and though I loved it, in the winter it gets soo cold and my skin on my face cracks and I get rashes from the wind and snow (I live in Canada). Anyway, the powder would set into those cracks, but it looked great in summer! So I decided to try the liquid version. I LOVE it!! It give awesome coverage, which is one of the main reasons I buy it. It makes me look golden, my face is reddish from damage to the cold so much when I was a kid. It does get a little oily during the day, but then I just do a light touchup with my studiofix powder. I haven't had any breakouts, and I love that this has SPF 15, very smart!! I will use this forever, along with the powder version, it's too great to pass up...the only complaint is that I wish it came with a pump

I got this in the lightest shade and it was still way too dark on me. I had to end up giving it away to a friend.

This foundation actually covered well and didn't make my sensitive skin break out (like it did some friends of mine), but it wears off way too easily and the coverage doesn't last throughout the day and I would not recommend this product to anyone who has oily skin.

Even if MAC had the perfect shade for me in this foundation, I wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/18/2008 1:17:00 PM

Got this is NC42 and its too light and NC44 is just too dark so I couldn't find the right colour match at all. It does however cover all my uneven skin tone and make my face look flawless... Too bad I can't find a colour match!!!!

on 8/18/2008 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I had been wanting to try Studio Fix Fluid for a long time, but was hesitant due to the mixed reviews. The SA color matched my light-but-not super-fair skin to a NW20, which does match well, but looked slightly too dark, so I mix NW20 with NW15 and I get a decent color match. Although I feel it's still too yellow, so 1 lippie off for not having a better color match. FYI the NC's are actually MORE yellow than the NW's...this might be confusing since typically "cool" shades have less yellow and "warm" shades have more yellow, however both NW's and NC's are on the warm side, so those looking for a pink toned foundation will be out of luck. I apply using a proff. makeup wedge, stippling onto my face, over my moisturizer (which doubles as an excellent primer), in a very thin layer, and I get a gorgeous medium coverage that looks and feels totally natural! I prefer the finish of this to Revlon's Colorstay w/softflex, b/c I think it's more natural looking than Revlon's CS and doesn't settle into pores and look mask-like by the end of the day. SFF does have a very light scent to it, but it's kind of fresh smelling and I don't mind it at all. I set with Mac Blot powder in "Medium" since I have very oily/combo skin, and while SFF does not control oil well, it lasts all day on me (with some powder touch-ups of course). I also bought the pump which I highly recommend, it's only $4.00. I hope this stuff doesn't break me out (I'm very acne-prone)! Will update after a couple of weeks. UPDATE: This was giving me blackheads on my nose! I have now switched to Neutrogena's Healthy Skin foundation. Works much better with my combo/skin and looks way more natural!

on 8/13/2008 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really luv MAC product but I was really disappointed with this product. IT gives good coverage (i really need good coverage because of my acne scars and discoloration). However, it is really hard to remove this foundation. It stays in your pore even though I cleanse my face with grape seed oil, cold cream, make up remover and foam cleanser. It still manages to stay on, so it gives break out!!
If it was easy to remove along with good coverage it would've been great but unfortunately, it doesn't. I used half of the bottle but I'm not using it anymore because of its long lasting ability.
Also, when my skin is in bad condition (break outs!), this foundation happens to enhance its condition... It looks really gross when I wear it during bad skin conditon - shows all the dead skin, tons of lines, doesnt cover up my acne. I dont recommend this foundation to those with acne and seeking for good coverage. Use Studio Tech instead.. much better than this one.

on 8/12/2008 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I also have a love/hate relationship with this product...It provided very good coverage and I received alot of complements while wearing this foundation. The problems that I had was that it was breaking my skin out really bad. My cheeks brokeout really bad with small dark spots. Also, the color really seemed to change on me from day to day..One makeup artist color matched me to a NW47 & another NC50. I have combination skin & towards the end of the day my face would really oily & red looking...One makeup artist told me to switch to NC50 but I still had the breakouts & was still oily & orange looking..I have since switched to Prescriptives Flawless Foundation & has face is already clearing up. Prescriptives has a wide color range & it does not oxidize on my skin.

I pretty much stick to MAC for most eye shadows and lipsticks (I do use Chanel for some eye shadows). I had been searching for a good foundation for a long time and just hadn't been able to find one that I love (other than one that I really think is way too expensive).

I bought MAC Fix Foundation. I am an NW15 so my skin is very fair (the fairest on the MAC scale).

Previous to this purchase, I had tried many other foundations and the ones I had liked the best was the Clinique almost make up tint (although the coverage is very light at best) and Perscriptives Virtual Matte Oil Control Foundation Y/O Fresh Cream 01. Perscriptives being my all time favorite but at $32.50, I thought maybe I could find something that cost less.

This MAC foundation is a MIRACLE. I have tried soooo many foundations lately and this one is always the best. It makes my blushes look very 'true to color' after I use this foundation. Makes my skin look FLAWLESS. It's so easy to apply and dries to a velvety texture. Not dry, not oily. Just like skin should look. I am so thankful for this foundation!!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

HG!! for me, awesome coverage, great shade selection, I've tried a lot* of HE and LE cosmetic lines and I never thought I'd find anything that could replace my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear, but I may have found it with SFF. I use NW15 (EL Double Wear either Fresco or Desert Beige) and it gives great coverage for me, even though I have combo skin, I have really good skin to begin with. But we all like to look our best. But any wayssss.....This gives medium but build able coverage and last at least a good 8 hr day. It would be nice if it had a pump, but thats not really a factor in the long run since I'm not really sticking my fingers in the bottle, lol

for reference: