October 1, 2014 | 1745 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2008 3:19:00 AM More reviews by melanie1215

After working for the company for a few years, along with several others....and in the industry, and reading some reviews thought that I would leave a few general comments that will help aide some of the feedback. In no way shape or form am I spokesperson for any of the companies products that I review....

Looks great on flawless to moderate skins. Does help control oilyness. Nice for those who like a very matte coverage. If you can find a color match great. But I am sure there are a few of you who cant!! I am a make up artist and worked for them forever and I know I cant. I have tried everything....mixed and match several shades and nothing has worked... I think that the shading is off with this line of foundations. I am generally a NC 45 in mac foundations really a 44 but I like a nice tanned look. Anywho, nc 45 in this foundation is too yellow and looks like I have a mask on....NC50 is too dark and makes me look extra chocolate like...lol...and after it dried down it also made me look gray...I have even tried an NW which was too red for my skintone. Because I do have access to the product in mutiple shades I did play around and mixed a few together and came up with a nice shade but who wants to do that all day...not me...lol
final verdict, nice on those who can find their shade

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by KAEKAExBABYy

my favorite foundation up to now but it has been caking up on me since winter started. it does cover really well (i have acne scarring on my cheeks), and i even use this under my eyes when i'm out of concealer. i just pat it on with my finger and build it up. might switch back to clinique or try mineralize satinfinish since this has not been working too well for me lately, but i think it will work great again in summer (which was when i purchased it last year).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Chrissy59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, heres the thing.....I am a complete makeup junkie, I have tried everything out there, and foundation and lipgloss are my downfall. 30odd glosses last count and a dozen or so foundations with lots of pots of samples. .. However, I really love this foundation. My skin is slightly on the dry side, especially in winter. I think the trick with Studio Fix is you need to apply it with a foundation brush, I use Mac stippling brush, then really spend time buffing it in for a flawless look. I then apply Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium to set and then spritz with Mac Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist. It will last forever.
The only very slight downside, for me anyway, is that I need a slightly lighter colour that my match NC30. I am going out today for a sample of maybe NC20 or 25 and see if I can mix for a perfect colour.
If you want a light almost transparent foundation, this is not for you. But I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far the best I've used. Better than Christian Dior which I thought was pretty good also. Great coverage without making you look fake. I'll keep looking for even better ones... if they're out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by strapon

I've been using this for a week and a half so far, and every day I've put it on I've absolutely loved it. My only complaint (and the reason for taking off one lippie) is for the lack of a color match for my skintone - I have a pale neutral/cool complexion and NW15 is a tad too dark for me, but is overall the best match. Despite it being too dark, as long as I don't apply it heavily it matches my skin perfectly - thankfully, the most I need is a medium coverage foundation so this is absolutely perfect! It makes my skin look so smooth, even and flawless - something that mineral makeup could never do. My skin has actually been clearly since I've started using this product (but I doubt it's thanks to this product, more likely other new products I've been using like toner), the only breakout I've had since is my one hormonal cyst I get a month on my chin - I have been irritated by a foundation in the past - so my point is, just because one foundation made you break out doesn't mean they all will! It's definitely worth a try, you use so little product that this foundation will last you a good while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by livadia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After going through much powder foundations in the past year, I have come to the conclusion that it really is more economical to try a liquid. Since my old fall-back is Studio Fix (powder), I sauntered to MAC to ask for a liquid version. It goes on smooth for something with such great coverage, so blending is easy. Though it covers blemishes well, I won't say it is too heavy for the rest of the face. And though it has a matte finish, it still allows some healthy glow to show through. Get this if you want an affordable everyday foundation that looks professional and easy to use. Watch the shades though- if you are used to sheer foundations, you will find that with a foundation like this that offers medium to full coverage, you need to get as close a match as possible. The NWs are, IMHO, too orange-y. I usually use NC25 SF (powder) and NC20 in pressed powder. But though even though my SF Fluid is NC25 too, it looks slightly darker than the powder version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually like to try a foundation out a few times before deciding whether or not I like it, but I hated this one so much I really really don't want to use it again. I like most MAC foundations that I've tried, my favourites: Select Tint and Studio Tech. But this foundation was just so horrible for me. The coverage was really full and thick, it didn't let my skin show through at all and I like sheer, transparent foundations that let your natural skintones slip through a bit and only even out skintone a little. I also like a dewy, glowy finish and this was matte, probably good for oily types and people who want a flawless, matte finish, but I like to look fresh and glowy and moist. Staying power was great though, stayed put the whole day long and didn't rub off at all. If you are looking for a matte, shine-free long-lasting foundation with full coverage you would probably like this. Oh the colour match wasn't really good for me either, I have yellow-toned skin but it is also pink, weird I know! So I got an NC35 sample and it was just too yellow for me, when I use a more sheer foundation it doesn't really matter if it isn't a perfect colour match because it lets my own skin show through and the colour blends in naturally, but because this foundation is so thick and opaque it didn't let any of my natural pink show through and therefore looked unnatural.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by marielle78

I bought studio fix fluid in NC50. It looked great initially, but turned orange and greasy a few hours later. I tried it over a foundation primer (both NARS and Smashbox) with the same results. I wouldn't recommend this product for anyone with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying a plethora of Mac foundations that made me break out (Select tint, Satinfinish, Select), I decided to try the SFF. My skin is not acne prone, nor is it prone to breakouts so I was a bit reluctant to try this one even though I had had bad luck with Mac fdtns in the past. I don't like heavy coverage but I'd this is medium-full, depending on your application. I also wasn't sure if this would be right for me since my skin is on the dryer side but I gave it a shot. I apply this with my fingers instead of a brush so it melts into my skin better and looks natural, though if you want more coverage, I might suggest a 190 or 109 brush. I normally wear NC40 in most Mac fdtns but since this formula runs a bit dark, I wear NC35 normally and NC40 in the summer. My skin looks perfect with SFF. The dy texture of my skin is not accentuated and there's no need for powder on top since I'm not oily. I love this foundation and would definitely repurchase.
People have complained about it being difficult to dispense, but Mac does sell foundation pumps. I'd recommend that for ease of use. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by arcticmel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC products for the most part, but this stuff is awful if you have combination or oily skin. I tried so hard and so long to like this product, but eventually, I had to quit fooling myself. My face was so shiny by mid morning.