April 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2007 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Tsu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skintype: Caucasian, cool (NC25 in MAC, Vanilla in Make Up Store).

The first thing you notice is the coverage - it covers up blemishes and spots amazingly well. The consistency is pretty fluid, and it doesn't seem too heavy on your skin. But because of the coverage; be certant to get the right color! With the wrong color, this foundation will look like a mask.

UPDATE
I used to apply it with a MAC sponge, but the 168 brush (ment for contouring) works much more well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the foundations i've tried that i do not like. It does give the coverage, but all of MAC foundations make my face oily and it makes my face look fake, like it looks like i have alot of makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by fangsdelivery

I love how this foundation makes my skin looks. some people claim that it makes your skin breakout, but I think it really depends on how you use it. this foundation is not a light weight foundation by any means, you only need a little bit to make your face look beautiful. if you put on too much, it does feel like it's gonna clog ur pores and i guess the only result from pore clogging is breaking out. if you prefer a lighter and more natural looking foundation, I suggest Clinique Superbalanced makeup foundation!

it provides a good coverage, i don't even need much concealer after putting it on. it makes ur skin flawless on its own. I will definetely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by shuntablue

I actually like this foundation. Its one of the few from MAC that doesnt break me out. If you look on their website, it states that this foundation is OIL-FREE, which is a great thing. Will definitely buy again. ;-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOOOOVED this foundation the first time I wore it. It went on like silk buffed on with my 187 brush, and fix+ to set it. I got loads of compliments on my complexion, it evened out skin, concealed redness and made me look radiant and flawless. I woke up the next morning to the worst breakout I've had in a long time. I have heard all the horror stories about how MAC foundation makes you break out, but I went ahead and tried it. My skin is still trying to recover from the mess this has made of it. I will be sticking to my EL Double Wear. The search continues.....

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by vanillajanice

I have been on a search for my HG liquid foundation. I used to use powder foundation, but felt that I need more coverages as I get older. So far, I've tried Chanel TI liquid (lasting power is just OK) and compact (feels heavy), GA LSF (probably my 2nd fav), MUFE Mat Velvet+ (can't get a good color match), and so far SFF is my favorite. I need more time before I can make it HG status.

Great coverage without looking too heavy, lasts a long time on my combo/oily skin, and color match is perfect! I dot on my face with my PX brush, then blend in with 188 brush. It looks airbrushed & my skin looks amazing.

My gripe with this product is that you have to buy the pump separately. My MAC store has been out of the pumps for a couple of weeks & it's a pain to get the product out of the bottle without it.

Other than that, I highly recommend this foundation. Hope this helps others with shade matches:
SFF - NC40, GA LSF #6.5, MUFE Mat Velvet+ #55 (it's a tad too pink, but this is the closest match), Chanel TI in Wheat (or 60 Hale for Asia & Europe).

** UPDATE ** Unfortunately, this broke me out if worn daily. I save it for special occasions. =( continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2007 7:17:00 AM More reviews by hautelyodd

I wear this every single day and I just love it. It's doesn't look as if it gives much coverage since it's so lightweight, but somehow my skin looks much smoother and it gives a kind of glow as well. It never makes me break out, though my skin is kind of acne prone. I've been using it for a few months but it looks no where near running out! If it does I'm definitely repurchasing.

EDIT.
The longer I've used this foundation, the more obvious is the fact that my skin gets really oily within 2 hours of putting it on, and it hardly gives any coverage, even though I wear it with Prep+Prime. I unfortunately do not have nice, even skin and I think I'll have to look somewhere else for foundation with more coverage. I'm only halfway through the bottle but I don't think I want to finish it.

EDIT2
Oh God I'm never using this foundation again. I've finally learned to apply foundation properly and my, this foundation looks awful on me! Now I finally get what the glitter is about- I swipe a finger down my face and my entire fingertip is covered with glitter! Ugh! I'm switching to Shu Uemura and I'm never going to use MAC for foundations ever again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ondpunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OH MAN was I not impressed by this foundation. I prefer to have that dewy, pale-ish glow and this was so orangey. It matched my skin tone, but it didn't look pretty... I don't know how else to describe it. I have a Revlon foundation that is actually BETTER than this stuff and for 8 bucks less. I wanted to be a MAC fan but I'd rather not spend 25 bucks on a so-so foundation. I was very dissapointed and I wish their foundations would be a little paler and more yellow-toned. And I thought MAC had all the shades anyone could need...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by secreteuphony

Love the way it looks, hate the way it feel!

It broke me out, which no other foundation has done before, so I returned it asap. It does give a beautiful finish, better than any of the dozen foundations I've tried, but I'm sorry, it's just not worth the extra acne.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've already bought this product twice, I'm only a 16 year old, already using liquid foundation, but this is because my skin is horrible due to lack of sleep, as we all know.. :D

I have acne prone/combination skin, and I use no primer or Shu Uemura's mousse primer underneath. The shade was a bit darker than the original foundation I first bought in my life, which would be M.A.C.'s Select SPF NC25. I bought Studio Fix NC25, the formula was a bit different, waaaaaaaaay more coverage (a plus!), but a bit darker and more yellow.

I like the coverage way too much to go back to Select SPF unfortunately, but this is a great product.

I do have mediocre bad skin, but it's definetely not from this product. I break out only during times of the pms & when I go weeks without using this foundation, my skin is pretty much the same, so I would not blame breakouts on this product.

Though I do have to say, it scares me sometimes when I see the MA's at MAC have the cakiest, most pimply skin...