December 19, 2014 | 825 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was actually surprised how much I like this foundation. I usually avoid oil-free formulations but read good things about it here and on You Tube. Sephora was out of my usual Stila Illuminating in 20 watts so after much research, I got this Studio Fix Fluid in nc25 and my skin is LLL/MMM with yellow undertones for reference.
I would say this is not drying or crepey matte at all - it's nice and gives a little more coverage than my Illuminating which is a bit thinner and more moisturizing and a touch lighter in tone.
I'm a foundation nut and very fussy about texture and matching the color to my skin.
First I moisturize my skin on the parts that need it and then use my Smashbox Primer. Then I apply this with my Stila #27 Perfecting Foundation brush and sometimes my fingers, and once in a while I moisten a sponge with moisturizer and then put the foundation on it.
All 3 method work great. My new thing is to mix the 2 foundations together in a little jar [left over from eye cream that's used up]. I stir it up thoroughly and so there's no fear of contaminating the whole bottle of foundation. Because the Studio Fix Fluid is not in a pump.
After I apply it, I use my palms and fingers to press/roll which 'melds' the foundation into the skin. Then I blot with a tissue to remove any excess or shine.
You get a perfect but natural look.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by itsgail

ugh!!!!

Frankly, that sums it up. But, aside from the useless oily texture, the crappy lack of coverage (despite the thick-looking finish) the colour selection for fair skin is awful. Oh, unless you are naturally very yellow, or have a hankering to look very yellow- then it'll be perfect.

Girls, please go get Estee Lauder DW, there is nothing else that comes even close. MAC is totally overrated. Although I'll admit I like their brushes. In particular the 187 brush is divine (albeit horrifically overpriced!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

I can't believe this product isn't more popular (it only has 15 reviews!). I decided to try a liquid foundation after years of struggles with compacts. I went through Studio Fix/Tech and multiple brands by many other companies. The sales assistant recommended Studio Fix Fluid, as I told her I needed a liquid foundation with some really good coverage. It ended up costing me about $30 CAD - a price that I cannot complain about considering the quality of this stuff. Very quickly did Fluid become a staple in my daily routine.

From a glance, it makes my skin look absolutely flawless, covering any and every imperfection on my skin........but close-up it definitely looks like I'm wearing too much foundation! It's really disappointing that it looks so heavy and unnatural up close, otherwise I'd love to use it on a daily basis.

Other than that, you need very little to get by for a full-day, an entire bottle lasts me about a year. So far I've been through two bottles, and have just recently decided to try higher end brands in hopes that it will give me a similar look, but more natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Britt208

This has been one of the only foundations that has actually worked for me. The coverage looks natural and even though it might be pricey it lasts for a long time.. It matches perfectly with my skin and i usually break out but with I havven't had any problems with this makeup.. Along with that is looks great in pictures and it doesn't rub off like other makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

More accurately, I'd give this a rating of 3.7. Although I do like the product, I wouldn't give it a solid 4. It gives good coverage and looks pretty natural. I apply it with a foundation brush then buff it with a clean powder brush. They also have a good color selection, but as others have sighted do not rely on the SA's to find you an accurate color match. I've been told so many different colors, bought them in a rush, came home and found out it is not the right color for me. The reasons this isn't a 4 for me is that it's a little too matte for my liking. I wanted something that gave the appearence of real skin, which is not completely matte. Also, when I wear this foundation I can feel that I'm wearing make-up, a feeling I am not fond of. One last thing I've noticed since wearing this foundation is that I've experience some breakouts, I'm not entirely sure if this is because of this make-up or not, but I wanted to post it and see if this is a reoccuring problem with other users.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

I bought two bottles of this to mix into the colour i want. But so what, it is so diluted and oily, it breaks me out badly. I am disappointed with this liq foundation. I fails to cover and fails to skin the skin clean

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by alka1

Love it!
This is a creamy liquid foundation that gives amazing coverage. It can go on very sheer if you use Fix+, or even medium-full coverage by layering it. Be careful not to use too much though!
I had previously used Studio Tech, and even though that gave me flawless, smooth-looking skin, it didn't really work well with my oily skin. I still love it, but I prefer SFF to help keep my oily skin under control. I also bought the foundation pump, which I highly recommend.
I use the little plastic dish that came with my Mineralize SkinFinish/Natural. I use one pump of foundation and then use the 187 brush to stipple it on. I do this mostly for evening wear, since it is a tiny bit heavy, but still HG material.
For daytime, I want something more lightweight. But wait, I still use Studio Fix Fluid! I take half a pump of SFF and squirt it onto the small plastic dish. Then I take two sprays of my Fix+ and spray it right on top of the foundation. Then, taking the 187 again, I blend it carefully and then apply to my skin. When I first tried this my jaw dropped. Gorgeous results! It felt refreshing, lightweight, yet still gave me good coverage with a bit of a dewy/glowy look. I had use Select Tint before, but this worked so much better for me!
If you decide to use it with Fix+ like described above, make sure you wear some other SPF sunscreen under it. The Fix+ might dilute the effects of the SPF 15 in the foundation, so just be keep that in mind during the daytime! :)
5/5!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by helloxtina

As I wrote for studio fix powder, I used this product until I found great alternative. I used this foundation with studio fix powder.
First time when I applied this, I liked them because of the texture and color.
I had this foundtaion over the summer, and let me tell you...
this foundation was a horror!!! because it slides off from my face after couple hours...
I was really disappointed at this product. and it smelled horrible too.
I would never ever buy this product again...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by AnnaMonkey

I was really expecting to be amazed by this product as I love MAC, but unfortunately not! I made sure I went to the counter with no make up on (and early too so no-one would see me!) so they could match the colour to my skin, and even though I'm very very pale the lady recommended the 'NW' shade as the lightest NW is lighter than the lightest 'NC'. She did my whole face, and I thought I looked good, bought it, and home i went!
However, applying it myself I was unhappy to discover that in normal lighting I look...YELLOW! nooooo! I am still very annoyed that they sold me an incorrect colour, rather than just telling me they don't make a colour light enough for me. Also, although i quite liked the coverage and texture, it made my skin break out. Overall I was dissapointed. And yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by yc2405

I switched to this recently after having worn Benefit's Non-Fiction Liquid for years & i'm seriously impressed. Not only is it much better value, but the coverage is also way better. I love the fact that its got SPF in it too - loads of MAC's products do actually, which is brilliant. It stays put for the whole day & doesn't dry my already-dry skin - a definite bonus. It has a really nice smell to it too (!)