MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/20/2008 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My favorite thing about this foundation is the color selection. I am 1/4 Japanese, so I have yellow undertones. NC35 blends beautifully. The coverage is a bit too heavy for daytime coverage IMO, but its flawless for night. Washing this off before bed is a must....I fell asleep in it once and woke up with 3 breakouts the next morning , and I usually don't get pimples. I haven't had any more irritation now that I wash it off religiously., which is probably a good habit to get into anyway. I would recommend this to anyone with normal to dry skin.

on 7/20/2008 9:17:00 PM

I heard so much hype about MAC foundations that when it was time to repurchase, I decided to give it a try. I had been using Clinique until then and I definitely wasnt "in love". I bought the studio fix foundation and it did match my skin nicely. However, it looks VERY matte on the face. It is definitely easy to see that you're wearing makeup. It also seemed to settle into every pore on my face, making them MORE noticeable. I tried applying it with the foundation brush that everyone seems to love, but it didn't make much difference and honestly I prefer my smashbox foundation brush to MACs. I just ordered some MUFE from sephora so hopefully it will work out better.

on 7/20/2008 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this along with the pump which i think is a great way to save product. At first i seriously regretted it! After hearing raves about how great the 187 was to apply this, i tried it and ended up looking blotchy and streaky. I don't know if i used to much but the 187 is simply to big to get into the crevices on my face. I much prefer using my fingers! I dab a few dots around from one squirt of foundation then blend it out and apply concealer where needed. I find this leaves a better result for me! I dont know if i would buy this again as i may try select or mineralize next!

on 7/19/2008 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is an OKAY foundation. Nothing special to be completely honest. Coming from MAC, you would expect a lot more. A makeup artist applied this for me in the boutique with a brush in hand. She used NW35 on me, which blended perfectly. I have very oily skin, and she tried explaining that THIS IS MY BE ALL END ALL FOUNDATION. Truth behold, I did not notice any difference from my Maybelline Pure Makeup. An hour after application, my skin is soo shiny. Ehk, I expected a lot more from this product. It's over priced, the packaging stinks (heavy glass bottle & no pump) and has cakey buildable coverage.

Hate to bring down the ratings =(

on 7/19/2008 2:13:00 PM

The shade I got matches my skin tone well and stayed on all day. It goes on smoothly and is pretty good at keeping my face matte. The coverage is really good, even enough to cover my undereye circles. The only thing I don't like is that because the coverage is so heavy, it doesn't look natural and sometimes it looks obvious that I have it on.

on 7/18/2008 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using Clinique for well, what seems like forever. However, I need something that is made for oily skin as my Clinique is not helping to control oil. This is the product for me.Especially for summer.

Pores: Appear Smaller
Shine: At bay, can be easily blotted to look great again.
Staying power: Absolutely
Color: Stays true, no orange. Does get a little bit brighter after it is on for a little while. It looks a little pale at first, but quickly 'warms' up.
Adding more: Is buildable, does not leave lines around jaw.
Blends: Perfectly.
Pump: Going to buy it - can't figure out why I did not already buy it.
Love this product.

on 7/17/2008 4:12:00 PM

I wouldn't recommend this to people who have oily skin. When I bought it I was excited to try it out since I had a friend who swore by it. It only ended up clogging my pores and eventually making me break out. It's also very thick, so you might feel the need to not use too much of it but as a result you might not get as much covereage as you would like. Kinda sucks

on 7/17/2008 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a MAC mua so I have tried ALL the foundations. This is the best for oily skin! It is long-wearing and helps to control oil. And for goodness sake ppl, buy the foundation pump! It's only $4 and it's reusable.

This foundation works best over a primer and using a #187 brush to blend. This will give you an airbrushed effect. It is medium-to-full coverage so you won't need as much concealer. I wouldn't recommend using this foundation around the eye area, as it can be too drying and cause fine lines to appear more pronounced.

on 7/13/2008 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I use the shade NC 37 I think this is the best foundtaion i have ever used and i only wish it came with a pump as tipping the bottle over to use it is not the most convient way of getting to your foundation.

When i went to get my new bottle today I noticed that they did the studio fix spf 15 in a stick foundation i wasnt as brave to try it and the SA didnt seem keen on it i will have to see if there are any reviews on it

on 7/12/2008 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The only foundation I would recommend from mac, bc mac is notorious for their foundation having bad ingredients and making people break out. The best thing about this foudnation is that you only need a little to only cover whatever you need. This conceals any acne scar redness with no problems, I never pour any out just use what on the cap and around the top of the bottle. I really dont suggest using this all over bc it has a really matte texture and if you use it all itll look cakey no matter what. Even when I just use it just a little on my face, I like my foudnation better after 30 min bc its not as matte. and I have a bit of a glow from myself. This is why I love this foudnation when im in a rush its easy to put on( just w/ my fingers like concealer) it doesnt really need a setting powder bc cause its so matte and has a really good staying power< just try it on your hand. My foudnation routine is I use a powder foundation( shiseido powdery foundation) Buff it on w/ a kubuki brush, then using my hands or a regular foudnation brush I dab it on my acne spots and under my eyes. Then I use a *little* powder to set it. Its very nice and fast. I would recommend this routine if you wanna cover acne. I actually dont have that much acne anymore, but I like doing my foudnation this way cause it always lasts all day(excluding a few powder touch ups) I'm actually going to repurchase another one today cause i like it so much! get it if you want fast foudnation you dont have to set, that has incredible coverage and lasting power!