September 22, 2014 | 1936 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far the best I've used. Better than Christian Dior which I thought was pretty good also. Great coverage without making you look fake. I'll keep looking for even better ones... if they're out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by strapon

I've been using this for a week and a half so far, and every day I've put it on I've absolutely loved it. My only complaint (and the reason for taking off one lippie) is for the lack of a color match for my skintone - I have a pale neutral/cool complexion and NW15 is a tad too dark for me, but is overall the best match. Despite it being too dark, as long as I don't apply it heavily it matches my skin perfectly - thankfully, the most I need is a medium coverage foundation so this is absolutely perfect! It makes my skin look so smooth, even and flawless - something that mineral makeup could never do. My skin has actually been clearly since I've started using this product (but I doubt it's thanks to this product, more likely other new products I've been using like toner), the only breakout I've had since is my one hormonal cyst I get a month on my chin - I have been irritated by a foundation in the past - so my point is, just because one foundation made you break out doesn't mean they all will! It's definitely worth a try, you use so little product that this foundation will last you a good while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by livadia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After going through much powder foundations in the past year, I have come to the conclusion that it really is more economical to try a liquid. Since my old fall-back is Studio Fix (powder), I sauntered to MAC to ask for a liquid version. It goes on smooth for something with such great coverage, so blending is easy. Though it covers blemishes well, I won't say it is too heavy for the rest of the face. And though it has a matte finish, it still allows some healthy glow to show through. Get this if you want an affordable everyday foundation that looks professional and easy to use. Watch the shades though- if you are used to sheer foundations, you will find that with a foundation like this that offers medium to full coverage, you need to get as close a match as possible. The NWs are, IMHO, too orange-y. I usually use NC25 SF (powder) and NC20 in pressed powder. But though even though my SF Fluid is NC25 too, it looks slightly darker than the powder version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually like to try a foundation out a few times before deciding whether or not I like it, but I hated this one so much I really really don't want to use it again. I like most MAC foundations that I've tried, my favourites: Select Tint and Studio Tech. But this foundation was just so horrible for me. The coverage was really full and thick, it didn't let my skin show through at all and I like sheer, transparent foundations that let your natural skintones slip through a bit and only even out skintone a little. I also like a dewy, glowy finish and this was matte, probably good for oily types and people who want a flawless, matte finish, but I like to look fresh and glowy and moist. Staying power was great though, stayed put the whole day long and didn't rub off at all. If you are looking for a matte, shine-free long-lasting foundation with full coverage you would probably like this. Oh the colour match wasn't really good for me either, I have yellow-toned skin but it is also pink, weird I know! So I got an NC35 sample and it was just too yellow for me, when I use a more sheer foundation it doesn't really matter if it isn't a perfect colour match because it lets my own skin show through and the colour blends in naturally, but because this foundation is so thick and opaque it didn't let any of my natural pink show through and therefore looked unnatural.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by marielle78

I bought studio fix fluid in NC50. It looked great initially, but turned orange and greasy a few hours later. I tried it over a foundation primer (both NARS and Smashbox) with the same results. I wouldn't recommend this product for anyone with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying a plethora of Mac foundations that made me break out (Select tint, Satinfinish, Select), I decided to try the SFF. My skin is not acne prone, nor is it prone to breakouts so I was a bit reluctant to try this one even though I had had bad luck with Mac fdtns in the past. I don't like heavy coverage but I'd this is medium-full, depending on your application. I also wasn't sure if this would be right for me since my skin is on the dryer side but I gave it a shot. I apply this with my fingers instead of a brush so it melts into my skin better and looks natural, though if you want more coverage, I might suggest a 190 or 109 brush. I normally wear NC40 in most Mac fdtns but since this formula runs a bit dark, I wear NC35 normally and NC40 in the summer. My skin looks perfect with SFF. The dy texture of my skin is not accentuated and there's no need for powder on top since I'm not oily. I love this foundation and would definitely repurchase.
People have complained about it being difficult to dispense, but Mac does sell foundation pumps. I'd recommend that for ease of use. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by arcticmel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC products for the most part, but this stuff is awful if you have combination or oily skin. I tried so hard and so long to like this product, but eventually, I had to quit fooling myself. My face was so shiny by mid morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by LushHush

Everything about SF is perfect apart from the fact it breaks me out something terrible. Mac was the only foundation to match my skin tone, I was matched to NC20 and it just melted into my skin creating a matte airbrushed look. Just lovely. It stayed on throughout the whole day and still looked fresh. I was in love with this foundation until the angry painful monsters reared their ugly heads. The search for my HG continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2008 7:38:00 AM More reviews by kits87

Well I thought it was time to splash out on a proper foundation so I headed to the MAC counter, my favourite brand. I hadn't been much of a foundation user up until I started a 9-5 job and I wanted something to wear everyday, that gave proper coverage. So the MAC girl advised that Studio Fix Fluid was the best for my combination skin, rather than the Select Tint tinted moisturizer that I had been using on occasion.

I was very impressed with the staying power of this foundation - I apply it in the morning, set it with a bit of cheap Rimmel powder and most of it's still there at 11 pm at night.

The coverage is great, it's enough to cover imperfections but not heavy or cakey.

At first I thought the colour looked strangely orange in the bottle (I'm an NW20) but after going easy on the amount I used, blending properly and applying powder, the colour seems OK. Just be careful not to tango yourself by using loads, you don't need a lot of this to get good results.

It's hard to tell how much is left in the bottle, and it'd be nice if the bottle came with a pump, but that's a very minor point seeing as you can buy one from MAC anyway. It is expensive, about €30 but I think it's worth it, this is a good quality product. And the bottle lasts ages.

I'd definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by AFgirlie

My HG Foundation! I wear NW45 and it matches me perfectly. I do have acne prone skin with a few acne scars. It definitely evens my skin tone and makes my skin look flawless since you can build the coverage. All I do is moisturize, use a foundation to brush to apply foundation, and apply the blotting pressed powder. It definitely has staying power too. I love it!