November 26, 2014 | 1372 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by AnnaMonkey

I was really expecting to be amazed by this product as I love MAC, but unfortunately not! I made sure I went to the counter with no make up on (and early too so no-one would see me!) so they could match the colour to my skin, and even though I'm very very pale the lady recommended the 'NW' shade as the lightest NW is lighter than the lightest 'NC'. She did my whole face, and I thought I looked good, bought it, and home i went!
However, applying it myself I was unhappy to discover that in normal lighting I look...YELLOW! nooooo! I am still very annoyed that they sold me an incorrect colour, rather than just telling me they don't make a colour light enough for me. Also, although i quite liked the coverage and texture, it made my skin break out. Overall I was dissapointed. And yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by yc2405

I switched to this recently after having worn Benefit's Non-Fiction Liquid for years & i'm seriously impressed. Not only is it much better value, but the coverage is also way better. I love the fact that its got SPF in it too - loads of MAC's products do actually, which is brilliant. It stays put for the whole day & doesn't dry my already-dry skin - a definite bonus. It has a really nice smell to it too (!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best liquid foundation I have ever worn. It covers really well and takes all redness out and evens my skin tone. The only downside was the sales people at MAC are really dissappionting when it comes to matching skin color matches. I've been told I'm an NC35 to an NC30, however I am neither. Through trial and error I found my right skin tone by testing them by myself. I'm an NC20. It looks really natural and flawless, I use the foundation brush with it to apply. My boyfriend even noticed it and told me it makes me look more girly, I'm in my mid-20's:)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by eliza_doolittle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first, I was very excited about this product. I previously used Studio Fix powder but thought that looked too cakey so I switched to this. It was definately better than most of my previous experiences:

Studio Fix Powder: too cakey, unatural looking.
Maybelline Pure: turned my already oily skin into a greasy mess.
L'Oreal Natural Match: was just *meh*

Unfortunately, after a good couple of months of using this I am 100% sure that I will not repurchase. Here's why:

- after a few hours, my foundation looks cakey and appears to be sitting on top of my skin (not a good look!).

- despite the SA recommending this for my oily skin it really didn't do much in terms of oil control.

- I find this foundation dulls out my skin and makes me look older. I wanted something with a more radiant, natural coverage.

As for packaging, I have no problems with the glass bottle but I do wish they would sell it with the pump. I had to buy mine separently and now Im stuck with not one, but two useless items. I will probably go back to Biotherm Sense Matte which left me with clear skin and pretty good oil control. I'm also curious to try Estee Lauder Double Wear Light :p Hope this helps!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I've only been using this foundation for a couple of days and apply it with my fingers rather then a MAC brush,but have not been overly impressed with it. I also bought it in Korea, so it cost 38000 won ($38) versus the much more reasonable $26 of the states. It did come with the pump though. I use NC15, and at first thought it was a little light, but when I looked in different lighting, it looks great and blends well with my neck. The thing is that I'm not overly impressed with the finish. It seems to accentuate my pores and takes a lot of blending to look natural. Hmmm, I just am not sure about this. I'll give it a few more days before deciding whether or not to return it or exchange it.

Edit: Added a lippie today because I've got it looking much better and the color is growing on me. I tried applying it over Skin Food Sweet Potato Tinted Moisturizer and the finsh is much better and more natual. Applying it with a foundation brush rather than the fingers also helps. The first time I used it, I used a small foundation brush and instead used a larger foundation brush(1.5 inches across, but an off-brand and I don't remember the name of it). Looks much better and more natural. This is definately a product that needs a brush, seriously. I also layer a small amount of Ulta mineral powder over it and that helps the pores look much smaller.

ETA: Took it down to 1 star since it breaks me out. Coverage isn't awesome when the reason for the coverage is your foundation breaks you out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 7:17:00 AM More reviews by smiley07

This is one of my HG products.i have medium skin tone with yellow undertones so i use shade NC42 IN THE LIQUID.if it helps i use shade pebble in double wear by eatee lauder.shade 50 naturel VITALUMIERE LIQUID by CHANEL. 6.5 IN armani.THIS IS PERFECT SHADE I USE THIS MORE ON OCCASSIONS SOMETIMES EVERYDAY WHEN I WANT TO LOOK MY BEST WITHOUT FAIL IT ALWAYS MAKES MY SLIGHTLY BLEMISH PRONE COMBINATION SKIN LOOK FLAWLESS .IT DOES NOT RUB OFF LAST FOR HOURS HOWEVER I TOUCH WITH MY BLOT POWDER IN MEDIUM SHADE BY MAC ABOUT TWICE IF ITS A PARTY OR OCCASSION.I APPLY THIS WITH WITH A SLIGHTLY DAMP SPONGE WHICH IS DAMPENED BY LUSH TEA TREE TONER OR DERMALICA MULTI ACTIVE TONER THEN USING THESE MAKES MY SKIN LOOK POLISHED AND FOUNDATION GOES ON GREAT.iF I WEAR everyday then i mix abit with my everyday moisturiser total effects by olay with spf15 or mac prep prime spf50.they work excellent with this foundation to give my skin lighter evn toned look when i wear light .
all the best girls is a good worth the money product to buy.I think this would suit more oily or combination or normal skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by innocent_chick85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amaaaaaazing. It covers everything and stays on through EVERYTHING. No matter how the weather, no matter how much I sweat, through exercise, EVERYTHING, this foundation stays on until I wash it off. It gives a matte finish, and it's pretty heavy. It really helps to use a makeup sponge or a foundation brush to apply, or else it can look unnatural. I prefer to use this foundation for when I'm going out, not for everyday usage. i do like that it has SPF in it, so I don't have to use another sunscreen, which also saves me money =)

Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by peacheshoneyblossom

I have combo skin and i used to get really dry on my cheeks and super oily on my tzone. this product doesnt break me out and doesnt create an oil problem. i LOVE it. its expensive (for me at least) but it is totally worth it. you dont use to much, or at least you shouldnt and it lasts a long time. LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hisgirldee

It pains me to say something bad about any MAC Product but I have to. I bought the MAC Studio Fix Fluid after hearing so many positive reviews, I've seen the way it looks on other people and thought i'd give it a try. I did, and it went disastrous. I suffered an allergic reaction, I don't know to what exactly, but it was the first time a foundation ever caused a reaction before.

So for those ladies with sensitive skin i would definitely do an allergy test before paying the 25 bucks to buy it. It's better to test on your arm than see the reaction on your face. ):

... i still love MAC though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I have used ALL the foundations in the market and this is one of the best I have ever tried.The coverage is very good medium to full but manages at the same time to look very natural.The finish is perfect also very healthy and natural.Blends very well,the shades are phenomenon the price very logical and the packaging great too.The staying power is excellent and it doesn't set into lines and wrinkles.It's an oil free foundation and has been made for oily skins so people with normal or dry skin don't buy this one it's not for you.Controls oil production well enough without being dry and heavy and keeps my face fresh and smooth all day long.Only two or three foundations haven't break me out and studio fix is on of them.The texture is superb and a tiny amount is enough for my entire face so a bottle of this foundation lasts for ever.I m extremely cool card and this foundation satisfies me completely