January 30, 2015 | 2066 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by swimmywimmy

I usually feel foundations clog my pores but this one doesn't!
The coverage is amazing and it gives the skin that airbrush finish! I also have had it for about 6 months and still have about 3/4 left and that has never happened to me with any other foundation since I do need full coverage for the most part. Its very natural looking as well and i will definetely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 8:28:00 AM More reviews by princesslen

this is my HG foundation, i super love this, i've tried alot of foundation but this one really works for. Flawless finish, hides my imperfection and blots away my oilies definitely a keeper! NC25 really matches my skin tone. My high praises for this stuff!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Parys

i've heard many, many people rave and suggest this product, so I figured it must be something *special*. You always hear celebrity makeup artists touting the stuff, and they keep the celebs looking great, right?

Well, maybe it's just me...but I have had no luck with MAC foundations. This one in particular was matched to me after an unsuccessful match prior, and I thought I was good to go. WRONG. By the afternoon, my makeup looks orange (I have red undertones), and when I first apply it, it makes my face look too pale or washed out.

It is also very thick, and while I like a lot of coverage, the thickness is a bit much. It also leaves me feeling oily as the day progresses.

I have a difficult time blending as well, as it seems to dry in the spot first applied rather quickly.

So far, MAC isn't all that it's cracked up to be for this girl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

I made the mistake of buying a certain drug store brand when I should've went to MAC. I usually use Chanel but @ this point in time it's pricey. However, I am highly satisfied with the coverage, oil absorbtion, and overall appearance of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by saikick

This broke me out after 2 weeks of use...

The colour the SA also gave me was toooooooooooo yellow. I have heard both good and bad reivews on here, but I guess this foundation didn't go too well with my skin. The texture of the product seemed nice and light, but once put on, it feels rather heavy. I had to blot my face a lot during the day to lower the sebum production.

I've never been a big fan of MAC, but I hear so many good reiviews on it so I decided to give it a shot, but I won't be repeating this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jodi101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

expensive for the quality.

gives a really nice finish and converage BUT slides off around my nose and goes all patchy by lunchtime.. even my maybelline lasts better than that !

plus the bottle sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by toothfairy72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I´ve been wearing it for 4 months now and I have to admit, I had to work out how to get the perfect application. I made the mistake of a first-timer and applied it the way I would have my other foundations which are sheerer. Does not work!
Since I really don´t see the necessity in spending a fortune for MACs brushes I figured out how to look flawless and natural by using my fingers.
First off: exfoliate your skin regularily. This foundation might show any dry spots easily.
Before applying put on a really good moisturizer and let it sink into your skin for 10 minutes. THEN use the Prep/Prime from MAC! It does make a difference: you´ll need a lot less of the fluid because it just glides on effortlessly and doesn´t get into your pores at all(one of my problems). Let the P&P dry for about five minutes>>>important! I know this seems like a lot of preparation when you´re in a hurry in the morning, but what I do is just brush my teeth/fix my hair/get dressed in the meantime...
THEN use your middle/ indexfinger and really take as little an amount as possible, almost to where you can´t see the fluid on your finger. Tap this into your skin and repeat until you have the coverage you want. This stuff is highly pigmented, so you definitely do not need as much as you would normally. You only need extremely little!
I experimented with this stuff and finally found a way to get that "no-make-up-look" and still get sufficient coverage for my redness and blotchiness. And voila! It works. You can´t see the coverage at all and I still have flawless - but natural looking skin!
If you apply this the way you would a regular foundation, be aware that you will look VERY made up.
Nonetheless, I love it. It´s expensive, yeah...but you need so little, that in the end you´re actually paying a lot less.
Be sure to get a very translucent/colorless and fine loose powder to set it. The powder makes a huge difference, too. Even if you carefully
apply your foundation, the wrong powder will destroy that natural looking skin.
The only thing I don´t really like about it is the bottle...there really should be a pump! I don´t like sticking my finger into the bottle-breedingground for bacteria...no matter how clean you are.

4 months later: I´m not breaking out at all, I just notice that now in the hot weather I get oily quite quickly.

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by bitterlemon963

Packaging sucks! but the foundation is the best liquid foundation out in the market, i will keep buying it until something even better comes out. preferably one without the weird scent.

covers well (like a concealer)
blends well even without a brush, altho faster with one
packaging is ridiculos(in a bad way)
price is ok, since one bottle will last for quite some time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by jganzon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the great thing about this product is, is it's coverage. the best coverage i have gotten from a foundation yet. i purchased a pump (which saves you tons of excess foundation) and i squirt 3 little dots on my 168 brush [168.. weird i know, but it's the BEST] and stipple it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and and chin then spead it out. i get GREAT coverage by using the smallest amount. the only downfall is.. i do occasionally break out on my chin, but liquid foundation's never good for your skin right?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Boots87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So many things to say... I first started using MAC about 3 years ago and discovered I wasn't pleased,so for the past 3 years I have been circling counters trying numerous foundations and just was not happy...I finally decided to go back to MAC, and I have been reacking up their products. This foundation is by far the best I have discovered, after trying Chanel, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, NARs, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, Yves St. Laurent, Make up Forever--i've tried everything! Studiofix covers up my dark spots and evens out my skin tone without making my face cakey/dry and looking like I had a load of makeup on!! It keeps the look of real skin, because I can't stand it when foundation is overly matte and looks dry and cakey on me...This is definately a keeper and I am very pleased...also after 2 weeks no breakouts! I tend to breakout easily, and this has controlled my breakouts more than any other foundation as well..even though a lot of people claim MAC can cause breakouts, but everyone's skin is different. I'd ask for a sample before buying, that's what I did and it turned out great!