MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

So i would hear alot about MAC's Foundation and how much coverage it had for people with my kind of skin problem [combination of oily and dry]. let me tell you; i absolutely love this product. It went from covering my uneven skin tone to hiding my imperfections as well. i do have to admit that you still need a good concealer [just in case u still have some spots here and their that need EXTRA EXTRA coverage] but overall, this is my favorite foundation and believe me i've tried them all. :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have oily skin so this foundation really did not work for me. It was not that good nor bad.

Maybe I'm a little biased because the SA matched me wrong. I told her I'm a NC25 but she insisted that NW30 was right for me. Of course it looked nice at the counter but IRL the color was WAY off and I threw away the box so I was stuck, stupid move...ANYways PROS...I have combo skin and this did not break me out, it glides on smoothly, has SPF15 and leaves a soft matte finish...CONS it enhanced the looks of my pores, you have to mix it really well it or it will cast an orange tint, and the packaging sucks a$$ it spills all over the place and oozes right outta the bottle... overall do not like..its back to studio tech for mio

This is my favorite foundation. I have a MAC foundation brush and it goes on smoothe. It's easy to blend, doesn't feel heavy, and doesn't clog my pores. I have sensitive skin with a bit of redness around my nose and this makes my skin look flawless. A little goes a long way with this foundation so you should really use a brush or sponge in order to blend it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok I started using this a year ago and I never used to break out. I was 17 and I never needed covrage but my friend had it and it made her skin look beautiful. After about a week of using this, I started to break out. It got so bad, I had cystic acne all over my cheeks. I mean LUMPS. :/ I kept using it because I didnt know that it was breaking me out and since it covered perfectly i kept piling it on. A year later, (recently) I ran out of it and couldnt buy any at the moment so i stopped using it and switched to mineral makeup because because i needed coverage since I had sooooo many scars from the acne breakouts. I noticed I COMPLETELY stopped breaking out. I MEAN COMPLETELY. I was like OMG! Now I have sooo many red scars/spots and im working on fading them but i am happy to say i will never use this foundation again.

p.s- I know this doesnt make EVERYONE break out. evryones different. But i know this foundation has an ingredient that is strong and clogs pores. To test my theory I bought my bff this foundation. She has always had perfect skin. Anyway, after like 3 days of using this she started to get little tiny pimples all over her face. Not cystic like mine, but they were still there. So not everyone will have the same effects. Just try it for yourself.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This just became my absolute favorite foundation ever. If you are looking for a medium to full coverage foundation, this is simply perfection in a bottle. The shades are a bit different from the Studio Fix Powder Foundation, in that I am an NC15/NC20 depending on time of year. With the Studio Fix Fluid, I have to mix NC15 and NW15 to get a perfect match, which is a bit of a hassle, but I dont mind since the outcome is so perfect! I use the Studio Fix Powder Foundation as a setting powder over top, and it gives a flawless, picture perfect finish. I have oily skin, and this does a pretty good job of keeping me shine free, a few oil blotting sheets are still used here and there, but the makeup stays looking perfect afterwards. It gives a nice matte finish, but not a dry matte, more of a glowy matte. I'm hooked, no doubt!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Why not sell it with the pump instead of asking people to buy the pump next to this.
I used to love the studio fix compact, but this liquid one gives me a ghost like face, no matter how I apply it, no matter what brush I use to apply it. But of course, when they applied it in the store, it looked awesome. Now I can't return it because I got rid of the box.
Will not buy it again.

ok so i bought this as well as the mineral satin finish (but ill write a review on that after this) I liked this foundation. the coverage was great. But way too thick for my liking. and has a really matte fiinish which i hate. i like the dewy look so i returned this item. will not be buying again. MAC always breaks me out, becuz they have silicone in their foundations which give u that flawless look. BUT it is terrible for ur skin. it suffocates ur pores so they cant distribute any oils. over all, I will not be re purchasing,

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love,love,love this product it has good coverage and is also buildable.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Apply this with the 187 stippling brush for an airbrushed finish. I love this foundation, and for now it is the only liquid foundation I will use. It blends in perfectly with my skin (I'm an NC40) and despite the fact that its consistency is thick, I can barely feel it on my skin.Coverage is moderate but you can build on it. I also have very oily, acne prone skin and I break out less with this than I do with my usual mineral foundations (I rotate between Everyday Minerals and Bare Minerals, no preference).

One negative is that you have to buy the foundation pump separately (it's only $4 though), which is why I gave packaging quality a 4 instead of 5. And I do recommend buying the pump so you don't waste any product from accidental spillage! At nearly $30 a bottle, it's definitely not something you want to waste.