Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 9/27/2005 11:08:00 AM

I'm currently using (and loving) the following philosophy products: purity made simple, when hope is not enough serum, hope in a jar (original formula), hope in a tube (eye and lip cream), and the 2-piece microdelivery peel. I don't think it's easy to review individual product results so I'll review as a whole with comments about the seperate products.

I have "normal" skin for the most part. I'm occasionally oily in the T-zone. I'm not seeing any signs of aging at 33. I'm not sensitive and rarely have any reactions to skincare. My biggest complaint is slightly rough skin texture. I do get a hormonal zit almost every month, but beyond that I have pretty okay skin. Since beginning using the philosophy "makeup optional" products, my skin texture has improved dramatically. My skin is soft and smooth. My pores are less visible and I think I have a bit more of an overall glow.

purity made simple: I think this is the best cleanser I've ever tried. I absolutely love the natural, herbal scent. It melts off all makeup, even mascara, and it doesn't sting my eyes! It doesn't strip or overdry my skin. I just feel clean and soft after washing. Love it! *****

when hope is not enough serum: Stinks! If you can get beyond the awful scent, this serum has a light, non-sticky texture that absorbs quickly. It has anti-oxidants and even a hair growth inhibitor. I'm not sure if my facial hair growth has slowed at all, but I'll keep using for the other benefits. ****

hope in a jar: I love the scent of lavender. If you hate lavender, you may not like this cream. This has a really nice, light, almost whipped texture. It seems to be slightly pearly also which gives a healthy looking finish to skin as applied. It is not a heavy moisturizer. I'm crediting this for smoothing my skin texture. I don't know if this has a proper pH or % of AHA for exfoliation, but I'm happy with the results I'm seeing. *****

hope in a tube: I don't have eye lines or wrinkles so I can't comment of how this affects those issues. It seems to keep my eye area nicely moisturized and I'll continue to use it. ****

microdelivery peel: It's a nice citrus scrub that heats when an activating gel is applied. My skin really looks fresh, glow-y and is super soft after doing this peel. Love it! *****

on 9/24/2005 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser! It makes my skin feel soooo clean. A tip to get eye makeup off (especially mascara) is to put it on your hands, then put some on your face including eyes and let it set on your eyes without adding water while you massage the rest of your face. It doesn't sting and gives the cleanser a chance to soften whatever eye makeup you have on. Then as a last step rub it over your eyes with a wash cloth to get the makeup off, then rinse. This really cleans well and keeps pores from becoming gunked up and clogged from makeup. It works great! It doesn't dry the skin, but also doesn't leave it feeling oily even though it has some essential oils in the indredients list. I will definitely buy it again.

on 9/21/2005 11:18:00 PM

I have normal to dry/ combination skin... I had been using a wipe off cleanser but I think my skin was getting more congested and playing up as it wasn't cleaning enough off my skin. I bought this in the jumpstarters kit. However after using up the smaller size pack and repurchasing the larger normal size jar I found it to be slightly too harsh on my skin. I think i will continue to use but just at night to help get everything clean and then use cetaphil in the shower in the morning to use it up. The only other annoying this is that it really doesn't seem to remove my mascara properly so I am not sure if I am using enough... Basically pretty darn good, but slightly too harsh for using all the time...

on 9/21/2005 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily acne prone skin and was having a hard time finding a good cleanser that didn't make my face feel tight after using and also that would make my skin feel hydrated. Well I had to look no more after using Philosophy's purtiy made simple. This literally melts the makeup off your skin without stripping it and makes your face feel so soft after. I've never had a breakout using this product and actually helps my acne if I do happen to get a blemish here or there. I keep the 32oz bottle on my bathroom counter and keep a 2oz one in my shower. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

on 9/21/2005 1:05:00 AM

Got a small bottle from Here Comes the Bride. I love how it removes makeup. Will definately get a larger bottle to refill the smaller one when I run out.

on 9/18/2005 5:15:00 PM

This helped calm my face down after a really bad breakout. Along with Mario Badescu, this has been the cleanser my skin reacts to best.

on 9/18/2005 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

One of my staples......I love this cleanser......I have combination skin and it really gets rid of all my makeup and does not leave my skin dry..........LOVE IT!!! I use this one at night and cetaphil for normal to oily in the morning.....the only reason I gave it 4 lippies is the smell....at the beginning it was ok but gets a bit annoying...I cannot describe it...kind of weird since Philosophy makes other things that smell great....but I still recommend it!!!

on 9/16/2005 10:31:00 PM

I have repurchased this over and over. It's a creamy cleanser that doesn't dry skin. It completely removes all my makeup, and I love this. I don't have to use a separate makeup remover. It rinses clean and it has a very nice herbal scent to it. It's almost aromatherapy! Skin is left very soft and never dry and tight.

on 9/13/2005 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am not sure if I like this product or not. It's a fairly good cleanser, not drying at all. I have combination skin and it works fine. But with makeup on this helped only a little as opposed to its claim on the bottle packaging. The scent is weird but not horrible. I will not pay that much again for a mediocre cleanser. If you are looking for a good basic cleanser then this will do.

on 9/11/2005 5:11:00 PM

soo after seeing the rave reviews on this product, i bought the travel size version...i don't have very bad skin, minor blemishes here and there, but i wanted to get rid of the red irritated cheeks i'd get after washing my face..i used cetaphil b4, but somewhere down the line that stopped, then i tried proactive..(too strong), caved into murads informercial (made my face its absolute worst)..so my last hope was this..after 1 wk in conjunction with hope in a jar (dry/sensitive skin) my face is finally reverting back to being clear minus the rosyness..thank goodness!! yes it's pricey but having clear skin is worth it..