Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 10/8/2005 3:53:00 PM

This stuff is a great mystery: how does it manage to work like a paint stripper on my makeup without ripping moisture out of my skin? I adore Purity - I can actually use a lighter moisturizer because of it, and I haven't had a zit in months. Worth every penny!

on 10/5/2005 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

The only cleanser I use on my very choosy, rather confused combo-sensitive skintype. I first tried a sample & thought "nice, feels good, works wonderfully....but what's that smell? Lemon Pledge?" Once I got used to it (and actually look forward to it in the mornings because it's a refreshing wake-me-up) I use nothing else because nothing else cleans so well but so gently, leaving my skin feeling soft and fresh, not dry or tight, no need for toner or extra rinsing afterwards, and it doesn't break me out. I almost literally glow after I use this. I like the natural ingredients and my skin hasn't looked this good in years. I'm not a huge fan of the rest of the Philosophy line, but this is the one item I always have on hand and continue to repurchase. A little pricey but worth it, especially considering all those horrid detergent-based cleansers I used to use *shudder*

I got a deluxe sample of this last year from Sephora that lasted me for ages! I broke down and bought the full size recently and wow! this will last me forever! I really think this is a very good cleanser and I haven't had any bad reactions to it...It makes my face feel really clean with absolutely no tightness

**Update** I'm done with Philosophy products. After using an entire bottle of this I've realized that it's too harsh in my opinion and was a major culprit in all my skin problems at the time. Between this and Hope in a Jar Philosophy has lost me as a customer forever

on 9/29/2005 10:13:00 PM

This is the best facial cleanser I have ever used. I continue to be amazed at how quickly and easily it takes all traces of makeup off my face. No having to go back and spot clean -- all clean in one pass! Best of all, it removes eye makeup instantly without drying out that skin around the eye or causing burning or irritation. I also like that it doesn't get foamy, so it's easy to wash off and never gets up my nose or anything. My skin feels very lightly moisturized after cleansing, so I'm not in a rush to lather on the moisturizer as though my skin had been stripped. I credit this product (along with some others from Philosophy's line) with helping my skin look clearer and healthier over the past couple of months. I could go on and on about this stuff; it's truly everything I need from a facial cleanser. Pricey but worth it!

Some people have made comments about the scent of this product. To me it smells faintly "clinical" - not bad, but it doesn't make me want a Purity Made Simple-scented body spray, either. It's a clean, neutral, almost vaguely pharmaceutical smell. To me, it's just the way it smells. I don't find it very strong, regardless.

Wow! So far I love this cleanser with all of my heart. First of all, I love this scent! Fresh and herbal. It's divine! Purity MELTS off make-up, makes my skin feel really soft and clean. Not drying at all for my combination skin. A major plus, it doesn't burn my eyes! This only slightly foams and is more of light creamy/milky cleanser. I actually really want to try other philosophy products now! UPDATE: 02/04/06- Still loving this! I use it at night to take off my MU.

on 9/29/2005 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Will definitely buy again. I am 43 y.o. with dry skin. After reading the other reviews, it's amazing to me that this cleanser seems to work on oiler skin as well as my dry skin. I LOVE the fact that you do not need a separate toner.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't say anything, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!! Hands down the best cleaner I have ever used and I have bought and tried everything. I have oily skin and am very prone to breakouts. To my surprise, this actually clears up my face. My husband even loves this stuff and he is not a product person! I would buy this stuff for more money because I can't live without it!

on 9/27/2005 11:09:00 AM

I'm currently using (and loving) the following philosophy products: purity made simple, when hope is not enough serum, hope in a jar (original formula), hope in a tube (eye and lip cream), and the 2-piece microdelivery peel. I don't think it's easy to review individual product results so I'll review as a whole with comments about the seperate products.

I have "normal" skin for the most part. I'm occasionally oily in the T-zone. I'm not seeing any signs of aging at 33. I'm not sensitive and rarely have any reactions to skincare. My biggest complaint is slightly rough skin texture. I do get a hormonal zit almost every month, but beyond that I have pretty okay skin. Since beginning using the philosophy "makeup optional" products, my skin texture has improved dramatically. My skin is soft and smooth. My pores are less visible and I think I have a bit more of an overall glow.

purity made simple: I think this is the best cleanser I've ever tried. I absolutely love the natural, herbal scent. It melts off all makeup, even mascara, and it doesn't sting my eyes! It doesn't strip or overdry my skin. I just feel clean and soft after washing. Love it! *****

when hope is not enough serum: Stinks! If you can get beyond the awful scent, this serum has a light, non-sticky texture that absorbs quickly. It has anti-oxidants and even a hair growth inhibitor. I'm not sure if my facial hair growth has slowed at all, but I'll keep using for the other benefits. ****

hope in a jar: I love the scent of lavender. If you hate lavender, you may not like this cream. This has a really nice, light, almost whipped texture. It seems to be slightly pearly also which gives a healthy looking finish to skin as applied. It is not a heavy moisturizer. I'm crediting this for smoothing my skin texture. I don't know if this has a proper pH or % of AHA for exfoliation, but I'm happy with the results I'm seeing. *****

hope in a tube: I don't have eye lines or wrinkles so I can't comment of how this affects those issues. It seems to keep my eye area nicely moisturized and I'll continue to use it. ****

microdelivery peel: It's a nice citrus scrub that heats when an activating gel is applied. My skin really looks fresh, glow-y and is super soft after doing this peel. Love it! *****

on 9/27/2005 11:08:00 AM

on 9/24/2005 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser! It makes my skin feel soooo clean. A tip to get eye makeup off (especially mascara) is to put it on your hands, then put some on your face including eyes and let it set on your eyes without adding water while you massage the rest of your face. It doesn't sting and gives the cleanser a chance to soften whatever eye makeup you have on. Then as a last step rub it over your eyes with a wash cloth to get the makeup off, then rinse. This really cleans well and keeps pores from becoming gunked up and clogged from makeup. It works great! It doesn't dry the skin, but also doesn't leave it feeling oily even though it has some essential oils in the indredients list. I will definitely buy it again.