January 30, 2015 | 2093 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2005 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is totally my HG cleanser!

I'm not sure what the poster below me meant when she said it's like a lotion; this cleanser totally foams for me, no problem. I am a product 'ho and this is one of the only items that I have consistantly repurchased over and over again.

This is a creamy, soapy cleanser that dissolves all makeup including waterproof mascara and red lipstick. It makes my skin feel so clean without stripping it and causing that tight feeling. I love the scent...a light and clean botanical.

I buy this every year at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The huge pump bottle lasts me roughly the whole year and fits perfectly in my bathtub.

My only gripe about the packaging is the sappy crap they print on the outside of their products. Something about starting the day clean so I can beging to be who I truly am. *gag* Spare me.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 12:25:00 AM More reviews by kindergirll

I have been using this for a few months, and I do like it, and will continue to repurchase, but I don't think it's the best cleanser out there. It is like a lotion - there's no foaming, no bubbles, no sudsing, nada, so that took awhile to get used to. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and it does a really good job of taking off my stubborn eye makeup with minimal stinging. I am also not offended by the smell, some cleansesrs are too fragrant, but this one is very mild. Not my HG cleanser, but I'll continue using it since my face is doing well with it for now. EDIT: I have repurchased and have been using this for over a year now, and it truly is a great cleanser. I stick by my claim that this does not suds up or lather, because it DOESN'T, but it takes off makeup so well, and dissolves oil wonderfully. I will keep using this unitl my skin decides to become irritated by it (which it does eventually with everything.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This might be good for normal to dry skin but it is not good for oily/combination skin. My skin did not feel clean at all. Does not remove all of my makeup. I could feel a greasy residue and washed my face again with my regular cleanser to remove it. It has a mild fragrance that is a blend of rosewood, geranium and funk; I do not care for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2005 12:28:00 PM More reviews by mommagabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my skin looks really great...love it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2005 10:06:00 AM More reviews by livs03

My favorite cleanser I've tried! It's really the only one that takes off all the make-up, and dos'nt irritate sensitive or young skin. Really good for me. You only need a quarter size in your palm and it lathers up really nice. It lasted me for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2005 4:05:00 AM More reviews by hcf17

This product practically burnt my face off. It did absolutely nothing for my blackheads and acne. I like other Philosophy products better than this one. I wouldn't recommend if for anyone with troubled acne-prone skin. I would use somelike Md.Forte or something that really works.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2005 5:15:00 PM More reviews by LaurelMC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Don't like the smell AT ALL but love the product. I have tried many cleaners and used to sell MaryKay & Beauticontrol and Avon - this is the best for my almost 50 aged face!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2005 7:23:00 PM More reviews by oaksumai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I try to find some cleansesr to replace my la mer cleansing jel 9 the green one ) i use shiseido for 10 years then i want to explore some new thing. for philosophy i use amazing grace line and love it then i try the purity at first i am so scare that it will break my face due to the smell and i have sensitive skin but after 1 week my skin still like before when i use la mer but i can save my $ for serum instead. the down point is only the package i always use too much of it because the package is look the same as my shower jel then in the morning i feel this is shower jel not facial wash. overall i think it is worst the price when i compare with la mer then i still now using it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2005 9:39:00 AM More reviews by shell123

I love this cleanser I have oily acne-prone skin in the summer and dry acne-prone skin in the winter.This works great all year, in the winter I do use a little Philosophy hope in a jar moist. In the summer I don't, It takes off all my makeup, does not strip the skin dry, just perfect!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2005 11:43:00 PM More reviews by oclbgirl

The worst cleanser that I have ever tried. Left my face feeling slick and gave me a terrible whitehead breakout all over my forehead. It has a lot of botanical oils, so that might have been the problem. Didn't leave my face feeling clean at all.