October 30, 2014 | 1360 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2005 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ShapeUp55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not like this product at all. It was very thick and did not give me that squeaky clean feel on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lpisacane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best cleanser I have tried. I was thinking of trying their acne wash, as I have oily/slightly acneic skin and went with purity made simple instead. Doesn't break me out and cleans my face well. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2005 6:33:00 PM More reviews by VanessaGene

I did not like this product because it did not remove makeup as well as other cleansers I've tried. Plus the added fragrance irritated my eyes.

Kind of a scented version of Cetaphil. Blah.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2005 9:25:00 PM More reviews by chocolacious

I wasn't so crazy about this cleanser. I used it for awhile and finished the 8oz bottle that came with the set I bought. It leaves a tight feel to my face right after rinsing, then a few hours later my skin gets too oily (with the use of Hope in a Jar moisturizer). I get break outs too about twice a month. My skin is combo to begin with but I know that there are products out there that will not leave a tight/dry feel to my face after cleansing. I will not repurchase and I am done with Philosophy products since I find all of them overpriced but not doing what it's supposed to do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2005 11:13:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

I think I might be getting hooked! I got a 2-oz. bottle in my Birthday Girl kit and decided to use it while traveling for a week. While it doesn't lather, it does an excellent job of removing makeup and leaving my skin clean and smooth but not dry. Plus the scent is lovely, a mix of lemon and lavender. Will repurchase once my mini runs out!
$20 for 8 oz. at Sephora. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2005 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is expensive but I still buy it. I use it soley to remove my make up because it takes everything off and doesnt sting or dry my eye area. I then wash my face with my regular cleanser. I do think it is expensive but it never leaves ANY makeup on me when I use it and for that it is worth its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by binker123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this in June or July from Sephora; I'd been a big fan of the fragrances of Philosophy's body washes as well as Falling in Love, but the body washes hadn't been terribly kind to my sensitive skin so I wasn't expecting much from Purity Made Simple. Boy was I surprised!
I'd heard that the smell wasn't great but frankly I like it; reminds me a little bit, oddly, of carrots, and in any event it isn't overpowering. The consistency did take some getting used to as I'd never used a really non-lathering cleanser before (though you can make Purity lather if you use a lot/make sure your face is really wet). I love the way it gets my face really clean without irritating it; a couple of weeks ago I had a bout of somewhat painful acne, and decided to switch to Aveeno's Positively Radiant cleanser. After about a weeks' use my face was dried out and looked worse than it had before, so I went back to Purity and my face thanked me for it. (I have no idea what caused that odd, post-adolescent acne, but here's hoping it'll leave and not return!)
Bottom line: Purity Made Simple is my absolute Holy Grail facial cleanser; I've used it consistently for about 9 months now and I don't stick to ANYTHING that long. Cleans without overdrying, and leaves my face soft. It is expensive, but not ridiculously so; I'm a college student and I can afford it - the smaller bottles last for months, and the big one, which my grandmother got me for Christmas, should last me for at least a year.
I can't recommend this stuff highly enough; when I 'cheat' on it, I actually feel guilty. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2005 4:37:00 PM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff..takes off everything except waterproof mascara..no surprise as I think very few cleansers do..

What I like about this stuff is that if I am too tired to put on a moisteriser at night I dont wake up with super dry skin...

The price is offset by the fact you only have to use a tiny bit..

When my two small bottles are empty {I keep one on the sink and the other in the shower} I am going to order the super big bottle from QVC..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2005 12:55:00 PM More reviews by devshotmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. It takes off all my makeup and grime without burning my eyes. My skin has had no breakouts since I started using this. When nordies had its sale last summer, I bought the special edition 32oz pump for $40.00. I still haven't used half of it. This is well worth the money and is my HG cleanser...YAH!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 2:56:00 PM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a refreshing cleanser that is effective and gentle. It has a bright citrus-lemon scent and it removes all traces of foundation, eyeshadow and non-waterproof mascara. It is a luxurious cleanser without being creamy or heavy. The scent took a while for me to get used to, but I am quite fond of this cleanser. It does what it promises – it removes all dirt, oil and impurites but it is not a "treatment" cleanser for acne or any kind of skin condition. . I alternate it with Fresh’s Soy Makeup Remover and Cleanser but I would certainly repurchase.