December 18, 2014 | 1402 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2005 12:58:00 PM More reviews by MissAlyce

I finally did get to try this, I did break out for over a month but I hear if you stick with it, it work's. Well I am glad I stuck with it I do notice my skin tone evening out and havent had too many break's so far so good, I will repurchase when my bottle is gone if all keeps going well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2005 5:22:00 PM More reviews by lilxiaoxiao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG material! Wonderful product! Got my makeup off, even the hard to wash waterproof lash stuff AND has not broken me out. I actually really like the scent and it doesn't leave anything behind. 1 lippie off for being so darn $$$$. I bought the travel size at Sephora for 12, and its gonna last me a while since i only use a quarter size dollop.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2005 9:52:00 PM More reviews by babypig77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser, smells good and takes off light makeups without drying my skin. I've used up 3 bottles and will keep getting this. PS, natual ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2005 4:26:00 AM More reviews by bonnie_71979

I'm very surprised I like this product. I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts, and I had been using Murad's clarifying cleanser, but I completely stripped by skin and it was constantly scaley. This is wonderful- I pour some in my hand, add a biy of warm water, and massage it all over my face for a minute. I thoroughly removes everything, even mascara, and does not irritate my skin or eyes. It's very simple and everything I want in a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by meeshmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know what this product is like - its like eye makeup remover for your whole face. Its weird, because it definitely dissolved makeup off your face well, but it leaves like a very very light flim behind. Its not bad, but if you have oily skin, I could see this being problematic. I have normal skin- so I am on the fence. definitely got the makeup off, but my face still felt like it needed to be washed- UPDATE: you know what, I stuck it out with this cleanser, and now I love it! My face has never felt so soft. I just had to get used to not having my face having that 'super scrubbed dry' feeling. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2005 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Rita4130

I first was introduced to the Philosophy brand on QVC and you know, on television you get to see all the before and afters, and everyone that called in raved about it and I felt maybe it was going to be just what i needed but it wasn't. I was very let down, it did "Sort of" clean my face but to be honest with you it left my skin feeling...almost a bit rough and EXTREMELY dry. not to mention, the smell is so offensive, i haven't had a product that smelled so bad since cetaphil. so gross. it really bothered me. will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2005 9:44:00 AM More reviews by LuvaofM_U

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Real Purity. I tried Cetaphil because many on the board said it was just like Real Purity. That was not the case for me. Cetaphil made my face feel dry and tight. Real Purity leaves my skin feeling soft. I never have to use make-up remover because Real Purity takes off all the make-up including stubborn mascara. I will never stray from Real Purity again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2005 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

This is now my HG cleanser. After trying so many and being so disappointed, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop with this one too. But it never did and after a month of consistent use, I am finally ready to declare to the world that I love this cleanser! I have sensitive, combo, acne-prone skin and I wear foundation every single day. This cleanser washes off my make-up cleanly, doesn't leave my face feeling at all tight or dry, and has cleared up my skin too. Yes, it does have a slightly "incense" like scent - that's the sandalwood oil. Honestly, Philosophy should make that their next scent because I really love it. And for once, it doesn't sting my skin at all. This is a wonderful cleanser and I plan on using it for a long, long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2005 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I mistakenly bought this cleanser thinking it was Real Purity, which I had used and liked some time back. This is slightly runnier than Real Purity and has a slightly herbal-infused scent. This might sound very foward but the directions on the bottle are wrong, it says to apply to your face with a little water and work into the skin, when I did this I did not like the cleanser at all -I felt as if it only removed the surface makeup/ dirt and didn't bother to reach for the deeper grime, which causes breakouts. A few nights ago, I saw an infomerical for Philosophy, which they offer a kit that includes this cleaner, the maker of Philosophy then demonstrated on the back of her hand the proper use of the cleanser: dry hand (or in our case: face) work the cleanser into the skin tissues to loosen dirt and impurtities and tissue off then rinse clean to remove any last traces of cleanser. I tried this method with much better results, but when I did my cold cream test, (remove with cleanser/ dry face/ apply a small amount of cold cream to cheek and tissue off to see if any trace makeup is left) there was some traces of makeup left. I think this cleanser is best for those who apply very little or no makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2005 1:39:00 PM More reviews by sarahj31

This was very drying for me. It worked for the first couple of weeks, but my skin dried out and broke out not long after. I have combination skin, and nothing has ever dried me out like this. Would not recommend.