July 29, 2014 | 1221 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2005 12:43:00 AM More reviews by meisocute

it is not good foundation overall

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2005 2:05:00 PM More reviews by queen8976

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product because the color was great and the coverage was awesome but it broke me out bad.... But it does last all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2005 12:13:00 AM More reviews by BeneBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Double Wear is Double Wack! First of all I hate having to pour a foundation into my hands, it needs a pump. When I applied it, it settled into every fine line and pore. I ended up with the sand-paper face of someone twice my age. Also the color would turn and make me look super-orange. Dry, wrinkled and orange=not cute!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2005 12:08:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeacali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ugh. Picked this up yesterday and am wearing it for the first time today, and honestly, I wish I could leave work for an hour and go home and re-do my face. It feels awful and heavy, even a little itchy, and I'm definitely not new to wearing full-coverage foundations. I'll be bringing this back tonight and trying the Ideal Matte instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2005 11:07:00 PM More reviews by blushin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I got a color that is pretty good. And yes with a brush it can get a smooth layer. It does not smear, does not get too oily, stays on until you take it off - but that is the problem! Almost distoyed my foundation brush and it took cleansing oil, strong cleanser, and alcolor toner to get it all off. And I would still get little bumps around my hair line. I put my own pump on the bottle (same bottle top size as a "boston round" glass bottle, can get on-line). But, I tossed it out. Went for the LM oil-free for nights and Chanel vitamin for day. Neither is as long lasting, but powder mid-day helps. I use a good concealer (LM for face and MAC for eye) so the basics are covered so bare face is not so bad for casual days. Too bad - I guess it is a trade off. If you want it to last, it lasts, if you want to be able to wash it off, it will fade without maintainance. I am combo using alot of AHA/retinol so exfoliate the rapidly shedding skin my produces daily, so skin not to bad so in winter the slighlty dewy Chanel is OK. I use LM TM for weekends, and Chanel DPL in the summer (more matte). But, if you need full coverage, use the LM oil-free year round, esp. for pictures or heat-wave days, w/ her powder (the best).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2005 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

I needed a very longlasting foundation so I went to my local perfume store and the sales girl recommended this one. I also wanted it to be a little darker than my own skin tone. I bought it (although it was very expensive). When I came home, I tried it on. I immediately felt that it was very hard to apply. It's a very thick foundation and it dries so quickly! In addition, the colour was too dark for me and doesn't look natural at all. As another member said; it also accentuates every crease (especially the creases next to my lips); and I'm also in my twenties.
Maybe I'm not using it correctly? I've tried to apply it with my fingers and with a make-up sponge. With the sponge it's slightly easier, but the sponge absorbs a lot of the product and I think it's a shame to waste it...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2005 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sharynann

Ive been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Fresco (when im not tanning) for the past year after yearsssss of searching for the perfect foundation! Im very happy with this product and feel that it offers great coverage without the cakey look and feel you get with other heavy foundations. I use my fingertips to apply, but always follow up with a sponge wedge to create a more uniform look before it dries (and it does dry fast!) People comment on my skin often and tell me how smooth it is in appearance, i thank Double Wear foundation and another product by avon (ANEW Clinical 2-Step Facial Peel)for the compliments. Without makeup im quite scary with blotchy skin tone. I feel the coverage of this product is awesome and impressive compared to most foundations that gunk up after a few hours on your face leaving you looking "cakey". I wear this all day without that feeling and recommend it to anyone who needs heavy coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Critterkeeper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it, but I must agree that the color choice is poor - I mix my own which is fine since I go to the tanning bed and my skin color varies from med to light tan, so I can adjust the color accordingly. It is the best foundation I have ever used.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sunshines113

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation in high hopes that it would offer a better coverage, which it DID. However, it dried out my skin terribly (I have a normal/combo skin type) and would settle into every crease (and I don't have many either...in my early 20's) which made me look 5 years older. Also the shade range is terrible. This is a fairly expensive product and NOT worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2004 9:22:00 AM More reviews by angelic7one3

After only a week of use, I know that I am reviewing this foundation prematurely, but it is really good! The color Shell is very good for my skin (pale shade with pink undertones). This foundation applies and blends sooo smoothly while giving an almost full coverage. It can tend to feel a bit mask-like but the look is quite the opposite. This makes my skin look like that of a porcelain doll and looks so beautifully natural. If I can get away without wearing powder, I will and this lets me do just that. It lasts and lasts all day. It does require some work to remove at night though. So here I have found what could be the perfect foundation and I am not sure if I will continue to wear it...why? I am in my mid-twenties and am now looking towards preserving my skin as much as I am able. I am abit afraid of how extended wear of this may affect my skin. It is very heavy duty and am afraid it might trouble my skin in the long run. Oh, it's so perfect though!! I will update.

*Update* Oh, so sad! I found what could have been my *almost* perfect winter foundation and I have nothing to show for it but a face full af awful pimples. I am not very acne prone, so that was the least of my worries, but I should have taken heed of all of the warnings from other posters. If your skin can handle this one, I am jealous! But for me, the saga continues...