April 17, 2014 | 1532 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sunshines113

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation in high hopes that it would offer a better coverage, which it DID. However, it dried out my skin terribly (I have a normal/combo skin type) and would settle into every crease (and I don't have many either...in my early 20's) which made me look 5 years older. Also the shade range is terrible. This is a fairly expensive product and NOT worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2004 9:22:00 AM More reviews by angelic7one3

After only a week of use, I know that I am reviewing this foundation prematurely, but it is really good! The color Shell is very good for my skin (pale shade with pink undertones). This foundation applies and blends sooo smoothly while giving an almost full coverage. It can tend to feel a bit mask-like but the look is quite the opposite. This makes my skin look like that of a porcelain doll and looks so beautifully natural. If I can get away without wearing powder, I will and this lets me do just that. It lasts and lasts all day. It does require some work to remove at night though. So here I have found what could be the perfect foundation and I am not sure if I will continue to wear it...why? I am in my mid-twenties and am now looking towards preserving my skin as much as I am able. I am abit afraid of how extended wear of this may affect my skin. It is very heavy duty and am afraid it might trouble my skin in the long run. Oh, it's so perfect though!! I will update.

*Update* Oh, so sad! I found what could have been my *almost* perfect winter foundation and I have nothing to show for it but a face full af awful pimples. I am not very acne prone, so that was the least of my worries, but I should have taken heed of all of the warnings from other posters. If your skin can handle this one, I am jealous! But for me, the saga continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by dia2n0e

I love this foundation! I have very testy skin with hormonal breakouts and allergies to many products. I found this to be wonderful. Great coverage and as long as I remove it with the EL remover, I have no issues :) It can be a little to "masky" but I found if I mix it with a bit of lotion, it is a bit lighter (for me anyway). I am on my 3rd bottle and plan to purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2004 7:07:00 PM More reviews by emaan

This is the ONLY foundation that works for me. It gives me a clear and flawless look, which i'm usually getting compliments for. It doesn't really do alot for eye bags, but i'm working on them anyway! You must make sure you remove it well at the end of the day, as it's a little thick and you don't want blocked pores and spots! The only down sider - the packaging. It's a funny little bottle which makes the application a tad messy. But the stuff inside makes up for it, i'm sticking to this one!

A year down the line.. and I am still hooked. It's my 3rd bottle I think.. I use it everyday! Although it's pricey, it's worth every penny. The best foundation on earth, and that's not a joke girls. Try it for yourself!

Another year down the line.. I am still on the same product.. I won't ever look back. I think they've made it more runny now though :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by luciasue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. I have been using this foundation for over 5 years now, and I keep coming back to it. It is not for everyone. I am a NC 30, and I wear "sand" in this foundation, which is one of the few yellow-based Estee Lauder foundation colors. I used this for many years while my acne was bad, and it did a wonderful job covering the acne and reddishness in my complexion. It gives my complexion a wonderful golden hue. I have gotten more compliments when wearing this foundation than with any other. It may be a little drying for people in the winter time. For anyone with oily or combination skin, it is great. Even in the wintertime, I use it as a concealer over my T-zone area. It is a full coverage foundation, but buildable and not at all mask-like.
****UPDATE This is still my HG foundation. For all you girls who have PALE CAUCASIAN SKIN with reddish undertones, try "SAND". It will reduce the reddishness in your complexion and look beautiful. I am a MAC NC 30. MAC breaks me out, but this does not. The MA's always have you try foundation on your hand, which is not a good way to color match something. Apply it to your nose, and you will notice how good the coverage is. It doesn't look mask-like, but has enough coverage to hide blemishes, acne, etc. I have been using this foundation for a long time and always come back to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2004 12:52:00 PM More reviews by lalki1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It made my skin brake out with alotcysts and zits like never in my life, also you'll have to wash your face afew times with harsh soap to get it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by teenbear

The good stuff - looks flawless, covers everything. The bad stuff - way, way too pricey and I still get shine midway through the day (unlike with Revlon Colourstay Natural). Also terrible packaging. So not a HG, but hopefully this will last a long time as I only use it for going out - not a daily foundation. Update July 2005 - have now got rid of this as I hardly use it and when I do it looks so cakey and obvious.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2004 11:23:00 PM More reviews by laceyvespa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my absolute favorite products of all time. The only drawback is the lack of shades. I mix two, so it isn't a big deal. The coverage is great (medium-full) and has a satin matte finish. It is very water resistant and lasts for hours. I cannot live without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2004 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Bagbabe53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG for my crazy skin. My skin "eats" foundation, EXCEPT for this wonderful HG coverage. I let my Daywear SPF 30 and eye crm soak in while brushing my teeth, and then I put a bit of this on where I need it. Makes a great base for eye shadow too on the lids too. Works so well on my post meno crazy skin at age 54; lasts so long, and is worth every penny! Shake it up though so it does not go on too thick and chalky. I have pale skin and ash blonde hair, and wear Linen, a yellow=based medium ivory shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by charbaby

I love it. Does everything I need it to..covers and stays put. Has never broken me out, and I have used it for several years although I am mid forties (darn late 40's I forget). People always tell me I have a great complexion, they never ask what foundation I wear though. I use bronze in the summer (I am tan and olive skinned), and in the winter I mix it with softan.