September 15, 2014 | 910 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cfmarie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful palette that I have ever seen. When I first got it, I just sat and stared at it for probably 45 minutes before daring to dip in a brush. I have to confess this is my first eyeshadow purchase from Urban Decay, actually UDPP was the only product I had from them before this. Usually the packaging of palettes and makeup in general from UD is so horribly garish and childish that I never had the desire to buy any, but when I first laid eyes on this palette I was astonished! UD has FINALLY gotten their act together! The quality of the shadows are great and they are highly pigmented too. The colors are so smartly chosen that the possibility of looks are endless. You can do a golden bronze look, a nude, a smoky grey/purple, night time, day time, etc., etc. If I had to choose only one palette to use for the rest of my life this would be it. Also a great bargain @ $44! Love!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by cardiacarrest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

thank god, i was so sick of urban decays sparkly crap and weird boxes. This is finally something that can be worn all the time with almost everything.. AWESOME. love.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

I highly recommend this palette to those who love neutrals. I love neutrals as I like to flaunt a natural look most days. First of all, let me begin by saying how beautiful this palette is. Its something of suede material and looks like a gorgeous box of designer chocolates. Second' the price is not that bad ($45) considering that each shadow in the palette will last a long time. (Supposedly the shadows are full priced but they don't look like it to me) this also comes with a mini udpp primer and a double sided eyeliner (one side is brown and the other is black). This palette is versatile and comes in matte, shimmery, and frosty shadows. You can create endless looks with this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by boogiepimp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Why is this $60 CAD when it's only $44 USD?!!!! The extra markup they add on for the exact same products is ridiculous when you compare it to the exchange rate and our dollar is not that far off from the US dollar to warrant the higher prices. UGH!!!!! Sephora makes me angry with this BS.
Anyways aside from price, I like this palette, It's actually portable, unlike the book of shadows so that means I'll actually get some use out of this! While it won't fit in a small purse or clutch, it can definitely fit in a regular sized handbag and that's a big thing that matters to me in case you will be out for long hours and ever feel the need to touch up.
The shades are perfect for either a natural glam look or office wear for a professional look. I like the velvety outside feel of the case and the eyeliner it comes with is convenient. If I ever would hit pan on these and need to repurchase amongst the other million shades I have (ha!) I think I would.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Capecodgirl617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this palette. I tend to reach for this palette the most. Goes on smooth and easier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really really like this palete - the colors are beautiful and it is packages so well! This palette is perfect for traveling. I love the eyeliners that is comes with! The only reason I didn't give this a perfect 5 is because I feel the shadows don't have the staying power like some of MAC shadows. That being said though - this is really a great great product from Urban Decay and I am really glad I purchased it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love love love this!!! I am a neutral kinda girl so pretty much 80% of my eyeshadow is neutral. When I heard about this palette I passed right on it since i really don't need another brown. I saw a few swatches online and knew I had to have it. Sephora only had 2 left so good thing I went in that day. I played with it as soon as I got home and fell in love with all the colors!!!! Go get this palette if you can get your hands on it! Not only are the colors very pigmented (especially creep) but they are so silky and easy to blend! What I love about this palette is that none of the colors have any glitter which a lot of UD shadows seem to have. You won't be disappointed with this palette! I can tell i will be hitting pan on all of these!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by floydd15

When I first saw this palette I wasn't sure if I really had to have it. I have other palettes, namely the Too Faced Natural Eye palette that have beautiful, soft, pigmented neutrals. But the value alone ($44) for all of those full sized shadows plus the 24/7 duo and the mini primer potion (original version) is great! It quickly sold out and I was bummed. But when Sephora restocked last week I quickly snatched one up. They are sold out again but I heard this will be a permanent item, so don't blow your money on eBay for an overpriced one. Just wait for it to come back in stock. Anyway, the colors are great and pigmented. I really like that this palette (except Sidecar) doesn't contain glitter.
I also found that Too Faced Natural Eye palette is quite similar, but not an exact dupe. For instance Honey Pot in the TF palette is identical to UD Half Baked. But Sin in the UD palette is a bit more pink then Silk Teddy in the TF palette. Both are great!
Overall I am glad I dropped the $44 for this classic UD set. But, for those girls who need something RIGHT NOW, the Too Faced collection is an option at $34 from Ulta or Sephora. I also heard NYX has a good nude palette too for about $15.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette is beautiful! It's an amazing value for Urban Decay shadow, and the array of neutrals included can really make a lot of different looks. Dark, funky, pretty, casual, there's something in here for everyone. The packaging is gorgeous, slim, and portable, and the magnetic closure holds tight. It also came with a double-edged liner, but I think I may leave that at home and put a brush in its place. I love everything about this palette! Personally, I only had 2 of the shades already, but if you had more, it might be less of a value. Still, there are 4 brand new shades, and the price of the palette is less than the cost of 3 UD eyeshadows! They are full sized shadows, too. I'd recommend this palette to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mrssuperficial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this palette. Usually, Urban Decay is full of glitters and tacky. This palette is very classy and warm. I love everything about it.