October 20, 2014 | 2138 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by missjasminnn

so i bought this when i was at my local sephora store last friday and i loved it right away! i got my color matched to 118 and it looked so good. so i bought it and put it on the next day and hated it and the color. so i went back to sephora and told the lady that it didn't really match my skin but she told me the key was to apply it with your fingers and so i tried it and i only needed to used 1 pump! and it looked flawless and loved it. when i applied wih a brush i used like 5 pumps so thats why it looked horrible. so the key= apply with fingers and use primer before applying! later that day i then purchased the hd powder and loved it as well (:

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by StefieJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I reallly love this foundation! It is soft and creamy and has a perfect dewy finish. If you are oily, this is not for you! It is very moisturizing, so I'd recommend this to dry skinned girls.

The coverage level is great, It's definitely medium-heavy. A little bit goes a lonnnnng way. This will cover any scars or blemishes you have, no concealer needed.

Unfortunately, their lightest shade is not light enough for most PPPs, so I took off a lippie.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome! It really does look like your skin but better.Im an NW15,and I chose 115.110 was way too light/pink.I find 115 to be a bit more neutral,although it still is a little pink.I use w/my 187 brush,but would love to try w/180 brush.The coverage is buildable,but I would say its more medium coverage.I have sensitive/acne prone skin,and i've tried loads of foundations-most of which have broken me out.This one hasn't luckily! You may want to use a blotting/setting powder on the t-zone w/it though.I was just about to give up-but this may be my new HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by centerfuse

I use #20 (sometimes mixed with #2) in Face & Body and #29 in Mat Velvet+, which is a tad light for me. The differences between the shades are subtle. I LOVE the Face & Body for the natural look it gives to my skin.I've found nothing better than the F&B for retinoid dried skin. It works well, period. That is, if you aren't trying to "change" the your skin with heavy coverage. So let it be established that I LOVE my Face & Body, especially in the colder months.

Before trying this, I went to the Sephora site to get a handle of the various colors/undertones in this foundation, and that was extremely helpful. Now that I wear sunscreen religiously, I can look pale with the right shade of Mat Velvet with a "flat" look because of the super matte finish.

Has pump bottle--a plus.

After trying on a few, I purchased 118, which is for light skin with beige undertones (and the lightest hint of yellow to balance). It smooths redness and gives a very light/medium highly pigmented matte finish. If you want serious cover, go for Mat Velvet. Not as "skin-like" as the Face& Body. In fact, I felt as if every flaw was exaggerated. UPDATE: until I started moisturizing with Sage Hydrating Emulsion. Now I use the F&B and lightly dust with Besame or Majolica Majorca 24h pressed. On warm days, though, I have started using the HD .

As another reviewer mentioned, the HD makeup does look a bit better after about 10 minutes, much like the Face &Body But the deal is that this formula can look powdery and uneven you are not properly moisturized/primed underneath. Sure, if you have oily skin, it will work if applied properly and lightly.

Update after a year of Face and Body:
If you have any issues with dryness or large pores and unless your skin is smooth and moisturized, this high pigment formula dries quickly into a light matte finish and seems to accentuate the pores, lines, and flakes IF YOUR SKIN IS NOT PROPERLY BALANCED. Please, I do not mean to shout. I initially gave this foundation a terrible review. Tried it again when my skin was oiler and with a light touch and the right color, it is an excellent warm weather foundation.

I use Sofina ss so prefer no ss in my foundation.

I tend to use the Face & Body with a bit of the High Def over my oilier areas. It gives a nice finish. On very warm days, the High Def, lightly smoothed on, gives a nice finish that can be blotted. As mentioned before, I use the Majolica Majorca 24h Pressed Fantasia, which is an incredible powder for fairer skins in terms of translucency and non-drying properties.

So I've upped my numbers for the High Def. Just be sure to get a perfect color match (get samples and wear/check under different lighting) and do NOT apply too heavily. If you are into heavy coverage, forget it. Also, if you don't properly prime your skin (with a proper moisturizer or primer/silicone ss) this may not work because of the lighter coverage. I.f your skin is dry, I do not recommend at all

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Isyss456

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this from Sephora, and though I've only worn it twice so far, I really like it. I am NC25/30, and shade 125 was a perfect match for me. I apply this with my MAC 187 brush, and I get nice coverage, without looking made up. I'd say the coverage is reminiscent of Studio Fix, but without the makeup-y look, this looks very natural, and even up close it's not evident that I'm wearing foundation. I have VERY oily skin, and was hesitant to try this because I heard it didn't do too well on oily skin, but I find that it does not make me any oilier than any other foundation, but I do, however, set it with the Super Mat powder. One thing I dont like, is when I first apply it, my face looks dry and despite exfoliating and moisturizing, this leaves a few tiny dry patches behind. Other than that, I like it, and I like how they have a nice color selection, I can't see anyone not being able to find a match in this one. The SA at Sephora assured me that this was good for ALL skintypes, but I think oily ladies may want to use a good oil absorbing primer and/or finishing powder with this. The staying power is great, and, this requires a good cleanser to completely remove. I think the best way to apply this would be with a stippling brush (so that it doesnt go on too heavy) or a buffer brush like Kim Kardashian's MUA used in her video, and a little bit goes a long way. I have not had any breakouts so far, this stays true to color (no oxidizing, at least on me), and I will probably purchase the full size when my sample runs out. I have been looking for a nice foundation with a little more coverage than my Tarte TM, and this one does the job nicely and naturally, if anything changes, I will update, but for now, I really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by astronaut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My color in this is 118. I've been a mineral makeup user for the past 5 years and this was my first time trying liquid foundation since then. I was pleasantly surprised at how light this felt compared to the Everyday Minerals (original glo) I've been using! This isn't thick in my opinion and blends flawlessly. The key is to use a stippling brush like the MAC 187 or 188. I did use a primer as well (Smashbox Photofinish Light). The coverage I'd say is medium. This product has converted me to liquid foundation! The only downside for me is that it is pretty expensive, $40. I'm sure it'll last a while so it shouldn't be too bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Ginnybaby2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was curious about this foundation and I asked the sales associate to match me. Well she gave me a real light shade so I decided to match myself. I'm an NC40-42 in MAC and in this shade I'm 153. I was bit hesistant to buy it because of the price but I said to my sister who was with me that day, "What the heck if I don't like it I can just bring me it back." When I came home that night I took off my other foundation and tried this one on. I told my sister, "look" she asked, "You have it on?" When I looked in the mirror I realized what she was talking about. It looked natural and covered so good that I said, "okay I guess I'll keep it." Coverage wise it's up there with my MAC SFF. I only need two pumps and I'm good. However, I feel that I have to compare the two foundations.

PROS:
MUFE has a build in pump making it more hygenic
Good color range
MAC has good color range too
MAC's more affordable and brings ALOT more product

CONS:
MUFE is REAL expensive (that's why I took one lippie off)
MAC's pump has to be purchase seperately

I guess that's it. Hopefully I can buy this foundation some day again because it looks more natural. LOL Oh well y'all get my point. HTH!

Edit: I'm gonna have to take this back because it gave me some horrible cystic acne and that hasn't happened with SFF. Sux because its a good foundation but at the cost and then the cystic acne no thanks. Back to Sephora it goes :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Jenshwa

The girl at Sephora tried to "match" my skin. Had me sitting in the chair for 40 mins... applying, taking off, re-applying. In the end... she chose the same darn shade I had picked already. That being said... when I went home and looked in the mirror, I HATED IT. My bf (who never notices make-up) said I looked like I had gobs on. Was ready to return but decided to try on myself. The key is... MOISTURIZER under. Then to apply with a foundation brush. Light strokes. Then blend in with the MAC 180 brush (or another buffer) and VOILA! Looks amazing. The day I tried it, I got compliments on my skin all day. I also recommend that you use MAC Fix+ on it after!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love love this foundation. Buildable coverage. Goes on smooth. Dosent break me out. Doesn't streak nor melt off during the day. Great color match and looks wonderful in fotos. That's just about all a lady could ask for. Im shade 170 ..100% satisfied

UPDATE: this is now collecting dust on my vanity. It's ok..but the coverage isn't all that great and it's to dark orange against my skintone. plus it leaves me looking to shiny. better stuff out there to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, I was happy with it, too, although I only got a sample of both the primer and the foundation. Not the miraculous results I was expecting, but then again, maybe I expected too much. However, it does have a nice matte finish, although it's not too dry ("flexible matte" is a good description). Would I buy it? I don't know. I only tried it once. I still have some of my sample left, so I'll give it another try and then post an update.