September 30, 2014 | 1925 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love love this foundation. Buildable coverage. Goes on smooth. Dosent break me out. Doesn't streak nor melt off during the day. Great color match and looks wonderful in fotos. That's just about all a lady could ask for. Im shade 170 ..100% satisfied

UPDATE: this is now collecting dust on my vanity. It's ok..but the coverage isn't all that great and it's to dark orange against my skintone. plus it leaves me looking to shiny. better stuff out there to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, I was happy with it, too, although I only got a sample of both the primer and the foundation. Not the miraculous results I was expecting, but then again, maybe I expected too much. However, it does have a nice matte finish, although it's not too dry ("flexible matte" is a good description). Would I buy it? I don't know. I only tried it once. I still have some of my sample left, so I'll give it another try and then post an update.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Jewels1416

This is a very strange foundation in that it at first goes on matte/dry, but a couple of hours down the road and it turns into a grease pit. I gave it two lippies for the color multitude of color choices.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am really surprised at the poor reviews! I have found this to be a GREAT foundation. Goes on smoothly, doesn't settle into pores or fine lines, doesn't feel heavy or greasy, I do not need to touch up during the day, medium coverage....pretty much ideal!! It appears too dark in the pump (I think I got 118 and I'm about an NC25) but blends flawlessly. Happy customer, here.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

My skin is pretty oily and this was a mask that made it even oilier. The makeup looks weird and unnatural. The most outrageous thing about this foundation is the numbering of the shades. I think whoever who did the numbering was drunk or on drugs. Why there is no consistency in increasing or decending numbers, I have no idea, but the whole thing is waste of money.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by LelloGollilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I am MAC NW15-20, I purchased MUFE HD foundation in 115 online without swatching first. The color match is very close, maybe a 1/2 shade lighter than NW20, I would say it most closely matches the Chanel color Limpede or the fairest color in the bare escentuals.. The base of this color I think is neutral, I did not notice it being very yellow or pink for that matter. The finish is matte, although it is not a liquid to powder. It has absolutely no shimmer and is not what you are looking for if you like even the most slight bit of dewy finish. I would add though that I think this deserves a new catagory: The flexible matte. It is matte without being drying and you can still smile without it creating big dry creases like powders do. If you use this however, you will defnitely NOT need a setting powder as it seems to set on it's own. The foundation comes out of a pump and feels chalky and medium in consitency (not too loose or too thick) but dries quickly, so you only have so long to spread and blend. A little goes a very long way BTW. I used my fingers and found after it had set, there were streaks and finger marks. As I was blending, I unhappily noticed it was clinging to pores and little bits of peeling skin, even though I used the HD base product with it. As time went on however, in typical MUFE fashion, the foundation began to look better as my skin absorbed it and produced a bit of oil. The pores are less visible and even the bits of peeling skin are not as noticable. Powder blush went over it very easily. It looks OK on me, and mattes usually look terible, it feels like I am wearing nothing at all, which is good, but I would not count on this to cover big blemishes or acne pits as I think it would make them look worse. For me, this is just OK. because I love the F&B and I am happy with that finish. If you are super oily, without a major skin problem, I think this may be heaven for you. If you ave fine lines and no other problems and like a matte finish, and can't find a matte that doesn't emphasize your lines, this may be for you. If you like the finish of mineral makeup this also may be for you as the finish reminds me of BE when I use a good thick base. I am going to try it several different ways with a heavier moisturizer, different base, foundation brush and MAC 187 and update this review.

23 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jax4024

A couple of months ago I tried using make-up-forever and all their foundations felt horrible on my face, yuck! I saw kim kardashian's make up video on her website and thought i would give it a try since her makeup always looks fabulous in pictures and on screen. I noticed the times before I had applied MUF foundations with a sponge and a foundation brush. NO NO NO! After applying it with kabuki brush it made a HUGE difference! You need to apply this foundation with the KABUKI brush to get a flawless look! KABUKI IS KEY!! It is not cakey or heavy, feels smooth and as if i have no makeup on! I just got it today, so I will update if I get any breakouts of if it starts sliding off my face.

Oh I came home and took the test by taking pictures with my camera! WOW!! flawless! Comes out great in pictures! Love it!

update 8/29: still love it. It can get a little oily on my skin but i just use the HD loose powder over it and stays nice and matte! I have had no breakouts since using it :) Also, I have a picture in my profile after being out all night, and my makeup still looks fresh and natural!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by amc6789

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a very fair-skinned redhead, and I have lots of trouble finding a foundation color match that evens me out but doesn't look like a mask. This is it! It gives me medium coverage and keeps me shine-free, and I don't look like I am wearing makeup. It's pricey, but I'm relieved to have found something that works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

My choice is #140, which was described as "medium shade with dark yellow undertone" on the Sephora site.
My skin as of now is NC 40 in summer, first of all, it appears too light, although very fluid & easy to apply, no streaking.
Con: even applied over moisturizer, this makes my dry skin looks "flat", not until an hour later, the skin's moisture blended in, it looks more luminous, but still has a greyish cast when checking from a 45 degree angle. I have to counteract that with some bronzer.
This HD line is not a bad product (loose powder included), but since I don't have "young & bouncy" skin anymore, it just doesn't do, it is going back to Sephora.