October 31, 2014 | 904 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by gwynne23

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the raves here on MUA..unfortunately it didn't work for me. (would have been awesome if it did because its so cheap, but..) It flakes, clumps, and doesn't really extend/thicken/curl my lashes to any degree. I wore it on a run because I didn't have time to remove it and I resembled a panda bear by the end of it. No dice.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smudge city. Blaaah. I liked the natural yet lush effect it gave my lashes, but it left nice smears on my browbone by mid-day. I wiped them away, touched up with some powder, and... more smudges a couple hours later. No thanks. Back to L'Oreal.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by finneganandmaggie

I am going to give this one a try again. I had bought this in the past and found it to be average. After reading the reviews, perhaps I need to try again as I may have underestimated Full and Soft. I do remember my lashes DID feel soft...but in the same sense, they were dull.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by conrad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before I bought this I was using the L'oreal lengthening mascara. While I like that one, I wanted something more natural for the day. This one is perfect. I have very black which really does make my lashes full and soft. No clumps, and lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I've been using Ardell as a base before applying my Lancome Definicils mascara, and I noticed that my lashes were brittle and looked incredibly dry and stiff. I assumed that b/c I was using a base, any mascara I used would result in brittle lashes. However, based on the reviews here, I thought I'd give FNS a try, and I'm glad I did. My lashes are unmistakeably "full and soft," even w/ the Ardell. My lashes are defined and fanned out - very pretty. The formula's not gloopy and chunky, and there are no clumps on my lashes. I like the brush as well; there are numerous thin bristles on the brush which seem to deposit the product on my lashes evenly. I don't think this mascara is for a dramatic, voluminous, lush look, but it's a great everyday, YLBB look.
UPDATE: My lashes are still "full and soft," but I've noticed considerable flaking. Tiny black specks are scatttered right under my eyes and on my cheeks. Once I wipe them away, as soon as I blink, more tiny black dots of mascara appear on my face. :( I'm really bummed... I reeeally wanted to have this be my HG natural-looking-lashes mascara, but I can't go around looking like I sprinkled black pepper on my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lareve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara. I'm a big mascara fan - I love the super-long lash look. I used to constantly try out different kinds of mascara, but Maybelline's Full 'n Soft is the one I always come back to. I have long lashes anyway, but this mascara really lengthens without clumping and stays soft. It creates a very natural, yet wide-eyed look.

I do recommend heating your eyelash curler (using a hair dryer or running it under hot water) to really curl your lashes and wipe off excess mascara with a tissue.

And best of all, it's very affordable. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by patelh9

This is my HG mascara!! By blinking onto the brush, this product gives me nice thick lashes, and it doesn't smudge or flake despite my oily lids. Maybelline FnS is definately worth a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by skruger

This is my tried and true stand-by. I have pretty long lashes and this one stays true to it's name out of any mascara I have tried. Stays on almost all day (I re-do makeup anyway if going out after work). The thing noticeable with this is that lashes really do stay soft after application and don't get stuck together when applied. Comes off when washing my face and doesn't leave residue or streaks behind on my cheeks. Wand is really good at separating lashes while applying. I came across this years ago while stopping by a K-Mart on vacation and spotting it in the check-out lane. Have probably purchased 5X since then, I try something new on and off but come back to this one. Price is decent for something that gets tossed every few months anyway. Packaging could be better, printing usually comes off after awhile but that's about the time I know it's due for a new one anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by vinns

WOW! True to its name. So natural, for every day use. My lashes feel so soft. Will definitely buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by pepsigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best mascara in Maybelline's lineup, in my opinion. This mascara really makes my lashes look lush, dark, longer, and thicker (without clumping and spiking). I love how I can build and layer without getting clumps. This mascara looks halfway between natural and over-dramatic on my average length, semi-thick lashes. The wear is amazing: no smudging and no flaking. I also love how I can use it on my lower lashes and see hardly any smudges at the end of the day. This is a must buy for those gals who find most volumizing mascaras too clumpy. EDIT: Spoke too soon. I realized that this mascara is too natural for my taste, I really prefer a more dramatic lash.