Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara

Water, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Wax/Carnauba, Paraffin, Nylon 12, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, PVP, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylparaben, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

I think this mascara ties with Great Lash for worst waste of money...I know, I know, so many MUA'ers love this stuff! On me, it was dry, flaked off during the day and was so poor in quality that I chucked it after one use. I have short-med length, fine, straight, light coloured lashes that need length, strength and staying power. FNS provided none. I didn't like the teddy bear brush: too much brush for separating corner lashes. It left some oily blackness under my eyes and I don't use mascara on lower lashes...and I don't have oily skin. It also left my lashes somewhat 'shrunken' looking and tangly at the corners. No ability to 'fan'. Bought it full price at SDM for 8 dollars! Too much! Sorry girls, cheapo formula and ugly results.

Hated this product. It's a mascara made for people who have long lovely eyelashes, NOT for short Asian lashes. And because of the "soft" factor, you can forget about using this with an eyelash curler.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Looove this mascara! Doesn't clump or flake, very cheap, makes my lashes both thicker and longer. When used with my Shiseido mascara base it makes my lashes look almost like im wearing fake ones. I have straight lashes and when I want them very curled I have to use the Shiseido to hold the curl but even by itself it doesn't make them completely straight again like alot of mascaras tend to do. For some reason I sometimes try more expensive mascaras like Lancome and Dior and I always come back to this one.

this is a very good d/s mascara. it makes my lashes longer and thicker, without clumping. doesn't flake or dry out. it does smudge a bit by the end of the day though.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Nice, does its job and genuinelly makes your lashes look full AND soft! They only drawback is that the brownish black shade in this is not brownish black, but grey. Very very grey. But that is okay, grey looks good with my blue eyes :)

It's a pretty decent mascara and I love how my lashes aren't crunchy brittle spider legs with this. I don't know why, but I found that most Maybelline mascaras smudge on me like crazy. Also, the formula is a little too wet and tends to take the curl out of my lashes if I put on more than one coat. For the price, it's well worth it.

EDIT:
I got the waterproof mascara. So far, there's minimal smudging, so this is great. I do still find that it doesn't do much to create volume in my lashes, but I'll try it with a primer soon. Overall, I'm very happy with this product.

EDIT #2:
I've noticed (through experimentation) that this product is making my eye lashes fall out. WILL NOT BUY AGAIN. I must be allergic to some ingredient in this.

This is my HG mascara. I love it! Not even high end mascaras can do for me what this does. I have clear blonde eyelashes that are fairly thin. When I try anything else, I have spider legs. But when I come back to this, I have amazing eyelashes. Seriously, this will end your quest for that perfect mascara if you're willing to give it a try!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Info: I've got light Asian skin that is sensitive. My lashes are medium length, but hangs on the thin side. I also wear contact lenses (I've got super sensitive eyes in particular)

1st bottle:
The mascara was wonderful. Completely flawless at first. Doesn't itch my eyes and it's not a pain to remove. However, once you get to the end of the bottle, it obviously gets clumpy like other mascaras, but for the 3/4 of the time you use it, it gave me longer lashes. I put off one lippie because I have to re-curl most of the time because this mascara doesn't really hold a curl the 1st time around. I learned for all mascaras to only apply a really light coat at first to set the curl. Wait for it to dry, and then apply the other coats later as to not weigh down the curls the first time

Repurchased 2nd bottle:
This one i left in my makeup drawer, unopened in the package for 3 months because I purchased 2 at the same time, as to save the the other mascara for later. This time, the mascara didn't go on as smoothly as my 1st bottle. I believe it's because I left it in my drawer for so long. Next time I'll just run to the store to get a new one off the rack rather than store it hanging flat in my drawer. Maybe that messed up some of the formula in the bottle. However, it still did a pretty good job I have to admit. It's just not up to par as my 1st bottle.

Quick Review:

Pros: smooth formula, doesn't clump until you reach about 3-4 coats, or at least for me, affordable at $5 but not dirt cheap as everyone would like it to be

Cons: I wish the brush applicator would be not as big so I can get to my lashes in the corner better.

Neutral: You have to build your way up to big lashes, which is good or bad, depending on your preference if you want instant big lashes, or instant natural lashes. This mascara does both, but it starts off with natural lashes. Then you build your way up like I do for thicker lashes.

INGREDIENTS (taken from drugstore.com) :

Water, Beeswax (Cera Alba), CyclopentaSiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG 17 (IPDI/DMPA Copolymer), Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Paraffin, Nylon 12, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, PVP, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylparaben, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)

HTH =)

Best Mascara I've used after trying many. BEST price!

i love this product.. it is a light mascara unlike the double xl from maybelline...

Popular Mascaras