Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 3/4/2007 12:13:00 PM

I used to like this - like other reviewers, I liked the tingly sensation but then it dried my lips out after a few minutes. One day my boyfriend bought me a Chapstick Lip Balm (standard black one with white cap) and a BB Lip Balm and had me try one on each side of my lips at the checkout just after purchase. Chapstick won hands down! Try it! It's much smoother and seals moisture in. Huge difference. He has done a lot of camping and has tried different things which is why he was pushing the chapstick.

I really like the tingly feeling on my lips when i put it on, and even though it fades and comes off, it still left my lips moisturized and it didnt dry them out.

on 3/3/2007 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually started getting addicted to this balm for a while, unfortunately it was b/c I HAD to keep reapplying it. The tingling sensation is nice, but I guess manufacturers don't realize that peppermint oil will actually dry out your skin and lips. This is why it doesn't really moisturize. I would try the new honey flavored one b/c beeswax is supposed to be really good for you, but the peppermint oil just dries out my lips and my lips crack when using this for too long.

on 3/2/2007 3:16:00 PM

When I first started using this, I really liked it. I liked the light texture, the tingling pepperminty feeling when I slicked it on, and it seemed to smooth and soothe my lips immediately after I put it on. But, it didn't seem to stay on for a long time, and it's good effects would never last either. During the short time I used it, when I wasn't constantly applying it, my lips would start to crack and bleed. Anyway, I ended up losing it a week or two after I had bought it, and my lips are no longer cracked and bleeding. I'm sure it works great for some, but there was something in it that did not agree with my lips.

on 3/1/2007 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

FREAKIN LOVE THIS!! this is the only chapstick i have ever used religiously for a substantial amount of time. i love it...its so addicting. i buy a tube like every month...and the price is awesome.

on 2/26/2007 10:04:00 PM

Too over rated. I perfer Softlips.. I have to re apply the beeswax way too often since it dries out fast..

I love the way this lip balm feels. It doesn't leave any weird residue on my lips and I do feel a need to put it on constantly. My problem with the balm is that it is the only thing I use on my lips (I do not wear lipstick or anything) and I get blackheads around my lips and I think it is due to this balm. I still use it because I really haven't found anything I like as well that doesn't do the same thing.

on 2/22/2007 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product feels great going on, but I must say that I had to use it all the time, so therefore I don't think it was doing it's job. If I didn't use it every 15-30 minutes, my lips felt dry and chapped all over again. I love the tingle factor, but I like to buy products that do their job well. I have since switched to Aveda Lip Savers, which I only need to apply 3-4 times a day during the coldest of MN winter days.

on 2/21/2007 2:04:00 AM

My HG for sure. I have 3 of them, one on my nightstand, one in my car and one in my purse. I love the soothing and tingling effect, makes my lips feel sooo good. I put it on EVERY night before bed and wake up with smooth supple moisturized lips!

on 2/21/2007 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like the tingling of the peppermint, personally, but that's about the only thing this lip balm has that my other standard balms lack. It doesn't apply as smoothly, and it doesn't do anything amazing for my lips. It's a good lip balm, but not one I would absolutely die without. I might repurchase when I run out of this one, but I keep several different balms in my rotation (for some reason, I think I have to have one within reach at all times), so it could take awhile before I need another.

Popular Lip Treatments