Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 3/4/2007 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I fell in love with Burt's bees when I first tried their peppermint foot lotion that my Dad bought for his dry, cracking feet, and I fell in love with the tingle. When my Dad's girlfriend gave me a little tin of this lip balm, I was excited to try it after the good reviews that I've heard in magazines. I love this stuff simply because of the minty tingle it leaves on my lips. Sure, there are more moisturizing formulas out there, but this is a great one anyways because it doesn't leave my lips feeling cakey. It's great for an everyday balm, or under lipstick,since it doesn't budge or make my lipstick thin. If I need more moisture in the winter, I just use it with my Cococare Lip Balm, and I have no problems. The price isn't an issue for me, Because my cute little tin seems to last forever. I hear that Burt's has a new tinted lip balm, and I'm actually dying to try it.

UPDATE: this has actually recently started to make my lipline break out because of the lanolin in it. If anybody has a sensitivity to lanolin, I wouldn't recommend this.

on 3/4/2007 12:13:00 PM

I used to like this - like other reviewers, I liked the tingly sensation but then it dried my lips out after a few minutes. One day my boyfriend bought me a Chapstick Lip Balm (standard black one with white cap) and a BB Lip Balm and had me try one on each side of my lips at the checkout just after purchase. Chapstick won hands down! Try it! It's much smoother and seals moisture in. Huge difference. He has done a lot of camping and has tried different things which is why he was pushing the chapstick.

I really like the tingly feeling on my lips when i put it on, and even though it fades and comes off, it still left my lips moisturized and it didnt dry them out.

on 3/3/2007 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually started getting addicted to this balm for a while, unfortunately it was b/c I HAD to keep reapplying it. The tingling sensation is nice, but I guess manufacturers don't realize that peppermint oil will actually dry out your skin and lips. This is why it doesn't really moisturize. I would try the new honey flavored one b/c beeswax is supposed to be really good for you, but the peppermint oil just dries out my lips and my lips crack when using this for too long.

on 3/2/2007 3:16:00 PM

When I first started using this, I really liked it. I liked the light texture, the tingling pepperminty feeling when I slicked it on, and it seemed to smooth and soothe my lips immediately after I put it on. But, it didn't seem to stay on for a long time, and it's good effects would never last either. During the short time I used it, when I wasn't constantly applying it, my lips would start to crack and bleed. Anyway, I ended up losing it a week or two after I had bought it, and my lips are no longer cracked and bleeding. I'm sure it works great for some, but there was something in it that did not agree with my lips.

on 3/1/2007 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

FREAKIN LOVE THIS!! this is the only chapstick i have ever used religiously for a substantial amount of time. i love it...its so addicting. i buy a tube like every month...and the price is awesome.

on 2/26/2007 10:04:00 PM

Too over rated. I perfer Softlips.. I have to re apply the beeswax way too often since it dries out fast..

I love the way this lip balm feels. It doesn't leave any weird residue on my lips and I do feel a need to put it on constantly. My problem with the balm is that it is the only thing I use on my lips (I do not wear lipstick or anything) and I get blackheads around my lips and I think it is due to this balm. I still use it because I really haven't found anything I like as well that doesn't do the same thing.

on 2/22/2007 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product feels great going on, but I must say that I had to use it all the time, so therefore I don't think it was doing it's job. If I didn't use it every 15-30 minutes, my lips felt dry and chapped all over again. I love the tingle factor, but I like to buy products that do their job well. I have since switched to Aveda Lip Savers, which I only need to apply 3-4 times a day during the coldest of MN winter days.

on 2/21/2007 2:04:00 AM

My HG for sure. I have 3 of them, one on my nightstand, one in my car and one in my purse. I love the soothing and tingling effect, makes my lips feel sooo good. I put it on EVERY night before bed and wake up with smooth supple moisturized lips!

Popular Lip Treatments