October 26, 2014 | 969 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 10:24:00 PM More reviews by dudeitsrenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This would be my HG if not for Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush balm. Burt's Bees smells awesome and gives your lips a nice minty tingle, and although it sports the name "beeswax" it isn't at all too waxy. It moisturizes nicely and makes your lips look naturally wet and moist without being shiny. It lasts forever, too, so there's no need to keep reapplying (which I hate to do.) Also, it being in a tiny chapstick-like stick rather than a tube or pot makes it simple to keep in a purse, so you can take it with you everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by catcherinrye

I have extremely sensitive lips and get allergic reactions to most chap sticks and lip glosses, but Burt's Bees has been lessening the dryness and irritation on my lips. I buy it over and over everytime I run out. Plus, it has a really nice tingly, minty feeling when you put it on, and it smells really pepperminty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Karine04

I always seem to come back to good ol' Burt. The tingle is wonderful, and it just feels so good on my lips! HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2006 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Libertyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought this after seeing this in the magazines a dozen times. i absolutely love this product! this lasts so long and has this minty smell and sensation to it. i don't normally wear lip balm under my lipstick or lipgloss because i feel like it thins it out but this doesn't. i am so surprised that it actually helps your lipstick and lipgloss last longer. i have bought this over and over again. i carry one in all of my purses.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2006 8:08:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I like putting this on before I put on lipstick. It feels like menthol on your lips, feels really refreshing and doesn't leave your lips feeling greasy. But its OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2006 11:36:00 AM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It is expensive for a lip balm, but it is great. I love the smell and the feel, and it is as healing as Carmex, but not as thick. Nothing special, but it does what it says it will. My favorite lip balm.

UPDATE: 6 years later, and this still holds true -- it is still my favorite lip balm. Now, I have a tube of every kind of Burt's Bees lip balm around the house, and if I ever run out, I pick up another tube. I'm definitely a loyal customer, and it's unlikely that will change.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2006 1:00:00 PM More reviews by frida6178

I use this every single day. I have one in every car every bag. I can't live without it. Moisturizing/ Feels great on the lips make lips ultra soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by roxsalandanan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this lip balm is very dependable. when i say dependable, i mean that i just smooth it on (as little or as much as i want) before i go out the door and i don't have to worry about it drying my lips out or fading fast. this stuff really absorbs into my lips and they feel smooth all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by kb55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not a fan of this. It's hard and waxy and hard to apply. Once you get it on, it's very moisturizing and it's great to wear under lipstick (it won't alter the texture or staying power of your lipstick at all), but getting it on my lips is too much of a PITA for me. Also, the mint scent is very strong, which could be a good or a bad thing depending how much you like mint. I'm not always in the mood for it myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by queenofthesalsa

This stuff works great. It penetrates your lips when they're really dry and tough and it is cooling to the soreness. I also like the little tin container. You may have to keep using it to keep up the effect. I just know I'm hooked on it.