July 22, 2014 | 2346 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2005 1:27:00 AM More reviews by pompodore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yikes... I have tried and tried to make this foundation work on my skin but no matter what I do my face always ends up looking like a scary mask! I paid AUD$63 for it and feel very ripped off. Though it does have increadible staying power - I found it sooo hard to wash off! It felt too heavy on my skin as well. It has scared me off EL foundations for a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 3:30:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I finally got around to trying this ever-popular EL foundation, and it works GREAT for me!!! The first day I wore it, someone at work commented, your makeup looks GREAT, are you wearing something different? (I answered no, lol!). My skin is pretty good -- clear, but I have a ruddy complexion and need coverage that will stay put to even out my skintone. Double Wear does the trick! The coverage, to me, is "adjustable" -- simply use less for a more sheer coverage or apply more for more coverage. I apply a little more over the ruddy areas. I have no problems at all working with this, and am left with a smooth, nice, matte finish. I did not experience any of the drying or cracking that others here mentioned -- it stayed looking nice on me all day and night. I got the shade Linen, and I am a MAC NC20. I would most definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2005 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lucyboo

this is one of those absolutely stay-in-place foundations, which came out in the early 90s when opaque, matte, ďdonít budgeĒ bases were riding high. but donít write it off, it still has a place today! this base has a nice feel/slip, so you can blend it beautifully (and you donít need to work quickly lilke other stay put formulations). itís good coverage -- though you can actually apply it fairly sheerly (having said that, iíve found the formulation doesnít lend itself to being mixed with moisturiser to make a sheer tint that way). it doesnít move, even thru hot sweaty days! the look -- matte (but not drying, chalky or deathly!) and itís good medium coverage mean you look super-polished and elegant -- so itís perfect for job interviews, posh nights out, winterís more refined looks -- or simply those bad skin days when you feel insecure and exposed. itís very grown up! i have other lighter, more natural foundations, but there is always a place for one like this, and i always have it in my cupboard.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2005 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Supa

This foundation dries really fast so I had to work super fast with this... working at once side of my face at a time. When I was finished applying it, it looked good. An hour or so later, my foundation started to crack... and it made me look many years older (I'm only 20!!). Totally unattractive. I liked the idea of a foundation that does not smudge and stays put all day, but it was ugly on my face and extremely drying (I have combination skin). I returned this today.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2005 10:09:00 AM More reviews by ajohnsonrd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very surprised! I have dry skin, and love this foundation. I have been wearing lancome immanance tm, which is just okay, and tried this on a whim. LOVE it. Stays put, doesn't dry out my skin, and I don't need powder. I can even just apply to my nose and chin, and it blends perfectly.I have this in Tawny, since I have a little tan now. This is the first oil free, long wearing makeup I can wear. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

this is simply the best foundation EVER. any colour you could wish for, totally matte, great coverage and non pore blocking. i will get this for as long as i can, and when i need something more moisturising i will stick with estee lauder cos shes the master of foundation. in fact prob best for most make-up products, but, for foundation, most definately, without any scrap of doubt and without peer they know what a girl needs in her foundation, and they deliver!! buy this and get hooked! lasts ages too.

UPDATE: Sadly my shade discontinued, I am inconsolable!! I also suspect they have changed the formula, it is more gunky and sticky and broke me out. All very sad. I will still be faithful to it though, luckily I have a couple of bottles left as I always buy in bulk. I'm going to try and find another colour that fits almost as well, Shell 15 too light- maybe Bone 17. My shade was Soft Beige 11. (Anyone who has it, please??)
The fact is, no one else can touch EL DW and that is the bottom line. Wish they hadn't mucked around the old formula though.

Just also to add that I HIGHLY recommend using MAC PUMP to use thiis, fits brilliantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2005 4:32:00 AM More reviews by vaingal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

my HG!!! it stays in place in hot humid weather & makes my skin looks so flawless!! this is the only foundation that gets me compliments fm ppl. i have sensitive combination skin & it doesnt cause break out. im already onto my 2nd bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2005 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Starner70205

I tried this makeup in a random stop to an EL counter while looking for a long wearing makeup...I'm getting married and other long wearing foundations just don't work on me. My face is usually pretty red and broken out. The saleslady started out by doing half of my face to let me see the coverage it offered (I had on no makeup whatsover when I went in and my face was really red and broken out more than usual that day) I was amazed with the coverage...the only thing she put on was the double wear and their was a noticeable difference in the eveness of my skin...I didn't even need concealer after this makeup! My skin looked extremely less red. My skin is oily and other long wearing foundations tend to slide right off my face after a couple of hours.....not this one. About three hours after she applied my makeup I picked up a tissue to blot my nose (the biggest oil slick ever) and totally expected to see a ton of brown on the tissue...the only thing on the tissue was the oil from my nose! Absolutely recommend this foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2005 12:43:00 AM More reviews by meisocute

it is not good foundation overall

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2005 2:05:00 PM More reviews by queen8976

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product because the color was great and the coverage was awesome but it broke me out bad.... But it does last all day.