April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2005 4:32:00 AM More reviews by vaingal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

my HG!!! it stays in place in hot humid weather & makes my skin looks so flawless!! this is the only foundation that gets me compliments fm ppl. i have sensitive combination skin & it doesnt cause break out. im already onto my 2nd bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2005 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Starner70205

I tried this makeup in a random stop to an EL counter while looking for a long wearing makeup...I'm getting married and other long wearing foundations just don't work on me. My face is usually pretty red and broken out. The saleslady started out by doing half of my face to let me see the coverage it offered (I had on no makeup whatsover when I went in and my face was really red and broken out more than usual that day) I was amazed with the coverage...the only thing she put on was the double wear and their was a noticeable difference in the eveness of my skin...I didn't even need concealer after this makeup! My skin looked extremely less red. My skin is oily and other long wearing foundations tend to slide right off my face after a couple of hours.....not this one. About three hours after she applied my makeup I picked up a tissue to blot my nose (the biggest oil slick ever) and totally expected to see a ton of brown on the tissue...the only thing on the tissue was the oil from my nose! Absolutely recommend this foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2005 12:43:00 AM More reviews by meisocute

it is not good foundation overall

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2005 2:05:00 PM More reviews by queen8976

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product because the color was great and the coverage was awesome but it broke me out bad.... But it does last all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2005 12:13:00 AM More reviews by BeneBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Double Wear is Double Wack! First of all I hate having to pour a foundation into my hands, it needs a pump. When I applied it, it settled into every fine line and pore. I ended up with the sand-paper face of someone twice my age. Also the color would turn and make me look super-orange. Dry, wrinkled and orange=not cute!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2005 12:08:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeacali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ugh. Picked this up yesterday and am wearing it for the first time today, and honestly, I wish I could leave work for an hour and go home and re-do my face. It feels awful and heavy, even a little itchy, and I'm definitely not new to wearing full-coverage foundations. I'll be bringing this back tonight and trying the Ideal Matte instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2005 11:07:00 PM More reviews by blushin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I got a color that is pretty good. And yes with a brush it can get a smooth layer. It does not smear, does not get too oily, stays on until you take it off - but that is the problem! Almost distoyed my foundation brush and it took cleansing oil, strong cleanser, and alcolor toner to get it all off. And I would still get little bumps around my hair line. I put my own pump on the bottle (same bottle top size as a "boston round" glass bottle, can get on-line). But, I tossed it out. Went for the LM oil-free for nights and Chanel vitamin for day. Neither is as long lasting, but powder mid-day helps. I use a good concealer (LM for face and MAC for eye) so the basics are covered so bare face is not so bad for casual days. Too bad - I guess it is a trade off. If you want it to last, it lasts, if you want to be able to wash it off, it will fade without maintainance. I am combo using alot of AHA/retinol so exfoliate the rapidly shedding skin my produces daily, so skin not to bad so in winter the slighlty dewy Chanel is OK. I use LM TM for weekends, and Chanel DPL in the summer (more matte). But, if you need full coverage, use the LM oil-free year round, esp. for pictures or heat-wave days, w/ her powder (the best).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2005 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

I needed a very longlasting foundation so I went to my local perfume store and the sales girl recommended this one. I also wanted it to be a little darker than my own skin tone. I bought it (although it was very expensive). When I came home, I tried it on. I immediately felt that it was very hard to apply. It's a very thick foundation and it dries so quickly! In addition, the colour was too dark for me and doesn't look natural at all. As another member said; it also accentuates every crease (especially the creases next to my lips); and I'm also in my twenties.
Maybe I'm not using it correctly? I've tried to apply it with my fingers and with a make-up sponge. With the sponge it's slightly easier, but the sponge absorbs a lot of the product and I think it's a shame to waste it...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2005 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sharynann

Ive been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Fresco (when im not tanning) for the past year after yearsssss of searching for the perfect foundation! Im very happy with this product and feel that it offers great coverage without the cakey look and feel you get with other heavy foundations. I use my fingertips to apply, but always follow up with a sponge wedge to create a more uniform look before it dries (and it does dry fast!) People comment on my skin often and tell me how smooth it is in appearance, i thank Double Wear foundation and another product by avon (ANEW Clinical 2-Step Facial Peel)for the compliments. Without makeup im quite scary with blotchy skin tone. I feel the coverage of this product is awesome and impressive compared to most foundations that gunk up after a few hours on your face leaving you looking "cakey". I wear this all day without that feeling and recommend it to anyone who needs heavy coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Critterkeeper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it, but I must agree that the color choice is poor - I mix my own which is fine since I go to the tanning bed and my skin color varies from med to light tan, so I can adjust the color accordingly. It is the best foundation I have ever used.