July 23, 2014 | 2039 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by boogiepimp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Why is this $60 CAD when it's only $44 USD?!!!! The extra markup they add on for the exact same products is ridiculous when you compare it to the exchange rate and our dollar is not that far off from the US dollar to warrant the higher prices. UGH!!!!! Sephora makes me angry with this BS.
Anyways aside from price, I like this palette, It's actually portable, unlike the book of shadows so that means I'll actually get some use out of this! While it won't fit in a small purse or clutch, it can definitely fit in a regular sized handbag and that's a big thing that matters to me in case you will be out for long hours and ever feel the need to touch up.
The shades are perfect for either a natural glam look or office wear for a professional look. I like the velvety outside feel of the case and the eyeliner it comes with is convenient. If I ever would hit pan on these and need to repurchase amongst the other million shades I have (ha!) I think I would.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Capecodgirl617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this palette. I tend to reach for this palette the most. Goes on smooth and easier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really really like this palete - the colors are beautiful and it is packages so well! This palette is perfect for traveling. I love the eyeliners that is comes with! The only reason I didn't give this a perfect 5 is because I feel the shadows don't have the staying power like some of MAC shadows. That being said though - this is really a great great product from Urban Decay and I am really glad I purchased it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love love love this!!! I am a neutral kinda girl so pretty much 80% of my eyeshadow is neutral. When I heard about this palette I passed right on it since i really don't need another brown. I saw a few swatches online and knew I had to have it. Sephora only had 2 left so good thing I went in that day. I played with it as soon as I got home and fell in love with all the colors!!!! Go get this palette if you can get your hands on it! Not only are the colors very pigmented (especially creep) but they are so silky and easy to blend! What I love about this palette is that none of the colors have any glitter which a lot of UD shadows seem to have. You won't be disappointed with this palette! I can tell i will be hitting pan on all of these!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by floydd15

When I first saw this palette I wasn't sure if I really had to have it. I have other palettes, namely the Too Faced Natural Eye palette that have beautiful, soft, pigmented neutrals. But the value alone ($44) for all of those full sized shadows plus the 24/7 duo and the mini primer potion (original version) is great! It quickly sold out and I was bummed. But when Sephora restocked last week I quickly snatched one up. They are sold out again but I heard this will be a permanent item, so don't blow your money on eBay for an overpriced one. Just wait for it to come back in stock. Anyway, the colors are great and pigmented. I really like that this palette (except Sidecar) doesn't contain glitter.
I also found that Too Faced Natural Eye palette is quite similar, but not an exact dupe. For instance Honey Pot in the TF palette is identical to UD Half Baked. But Sin in the UD palette is a bit more pink then Silk Teddy in the TF palette. Both are great!
Overall I am glad I dropped the $44 for this classic UD set. But, for those girls who need something RIGHT NOW, the Too Faced collection is an option at $34 from Ulta or Sephora. I also heard NYX has a good nude palette too for about $15.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette is beautiful! It's an amazing value for Urban Decay shadow, and the array of neutrals included can really make a lot of different looks. Dark, funky, pretty, casual, there's something in here for everyone. The packaging is gorgeous, slim, and portable, and the magnetic closure holds tight. It also came with a double-edged liner, but I think I may leave that at home and put a brush in its place. I love everything about this palette! Personally, I only had 2 of the shades already, but if you had more, it might be less of a value. Still, there are 4 brand new shades, and the price of the palette is less than the cost of 3 UD eyeshadows! They are full sized shadows, too. I'd recommend this palette to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mrssuperficial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this palette. Usually, Urban Decay is full of glitters and tacky. This palette is very classy and warm. I love everything about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first purchase from UD and I am in love! I have never been interested in their palettes in the past, because of the color selections and packaging, but this one had me immediately hooked. I purchased it online at Sephora when they released it the first week of July, and have been wearing it for a week. The colors are a fabulous array of nudes, from cream to tan to gold to black, with 2 matte shades, several pearl or shimmer shades, and a few with what I consider glitter. I was slightly worried that the palette would be too warm for my almost-NW15 cool complexion, but I love browns on my blue eyes, so I gave it a go. My favorite shades surprised me, as I expected to love the matte shades the most. However, I find I most enjoy wearing Sidecar, Sin, and Toasted (in that order). Sidecar does have a glitter look, and minimal fallout, but it is a truly gorgeous shade. I love all the shadows in this palette, whereas most other palettes I love about half and tolerate (or never touch) the rest. The liners are also great, standard black and a perfect, neutral brown. The Primer Potion I had been introduced to before when having my makeup done as a bridesmaid for a friend's wedding, and had at that time sworn off, as the MUA applied far too much, followed by far too much dark shadow up to my brows, and it took a monstrous amount of effort and baby oil to remove. However, with a very light application, the primer works fabulously, and lives up to the hype. Additionally, the packaging of this palette itself is far more chic and professional-looking than all of the web shots I have seen make it out to be. I do not at all regret pulling the trigger on this one, and if in a few years I completely finish all 12 beautiful shades, I would happily repurchase.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING palette. Urban Decay hit the nail on the head with this, I never buy palettes from them because there will always be some shadows that are hits and misses for me. But these shadows, all of them have excellent quality, and the colors are amazing! I could give up all of my eyeshadows just to keep this one!
PLEASE though, don't buy this on ebay for a ridiculous price, it is worth the wait and the great value retail price! That's kind of the point of buying a palette from UD right? More shadows for a deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by rbalogun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok So im a dark skinned girl(NW47: BENARES:CHESTNUT)...and this palette also works for me as well! i am a neutral/naturals kinda gal so i nearly had a hernia hearing about this. Id always stayed away from Urban Decay cuz like everyones said...the glitter is RIDIC and the colors are almost synonymous to clown makeup..purple green blue gold and bright pinks need not all be in the SAME PALETTE. newho I heard about this palette from temptalia and immediately began my stalking...after 2 disappointing 'not in stock' episodes..i finally got mine and its AMAZING! i created a daytime neutral look and got compliments on my eyes all day...No crumbling and Great pigmentation and blends like a dream...ladies of every skin tone should have this....but seriously u guys..dont freak out like i did lol...its permanent so if u dont have the money now..save up but be sure to get it!

UPDATE 7/30/2010

This palette is uber amazing. no seriiously. its AMAZING. i get so many compliments! and the staying power is amazing. i did a no no and fell out(fell asleep) before taking off my makeup....while this broke me out..my eyes looked the same as before i went to sleep...so this is a thumbs up to the urban decay primer potionn and the eye shadow....match made in heavennn

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No