August 30, 2014 | 956 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by rinacee

I adore this product. I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay. They are a staple in my everyday makeup routine, and now this has been added to it! What I think is great is the value. Twelve full-size shadows for $44 is incredible! And then you get a dual-ended pencil and Primer Potion (enough to last a good three months or longer!). It's worth well over $200, but you can snag it for a little under $50. Before I get into the nitty gritty, I'll start out with the negative aspects...
The packaging is not the best. It looks sleek and chic, but even though I've been keeping it in the full plastic covering, the corners have begun to bald. The velvet is wearing down. I also have the Deluxe palette, and I know how lint-prone this type of material is. I suggest separating it from the rest of your makeup and keeping it on your vanity if you are concerned about the aesthetic value.
The good? There's a lot of it! Again, these are all full-sized. These will last a lifetime! The colors are all soft and highlight pigmented. None are glitter bombs like Midnight Cowboy. Only three have micro-glitter (Sidecar, Creep, Gunmetal), but a wipe should take care of it! These are all very wearable colors. It is such a versatile and user-friendly palette. Anyone can pick it up and create dozens of looks without having to be creative. My personal favorite colors are Virgin, Sin, Sidecar, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, and Gunmetal. All of them are wonderful, but these are my ultimates! Some of them are shades I will not be able to live without once I hit the pan (IF I hit the pan!). The 24/7 liners are glorious as always. Zero is classic black, and Whiskey is a warm, red-toned brown. With certain colors it looks dynamic. But with others, it can make your eyes look irritated, so play around and see what works...
Overall, it is an astonishing value. All the colors are stunning and wearable, while still providing the option of a great smokey/dramatic eye.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by n2l2m

This palette is great! Colors are beautiful, long wearing, variety of matte, shimmer, glitter. Definitely get alot for the price. Only con for me is having the dual eyeliner, as I would prefer two separate ones, but they are great non the less! So happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by japringle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this palette. I love the brown velvet and the sleek design. The eyeshadows are gorgeous. This is an everyday palette. You can do day and evenings looks with this palette. I am a neutral lover, however I do wear color occasionally. This is a must have palette for every woman. I woukd certainly purchase this palette again and as a gift!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by sparklestv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first palette and Urban Decay product EVER! I fell in love with the packaging because it's nice and sleek which is great for travel. The packaging has a soft velvety feel and it looks like a CHOCOLATE BAR! It comes with a two sided 24/7 Glide-On Pencils in Zero and Whiskey, as well as a mini UDPP. I've been playing around with it and the eyeshadows are amazing! All the neutral shades you need in one palette!

The only reason why I'm not giving it a 5 is b/c you get some fallout and you end up getting shimmer on your cheeks, but that is easy to fix with some tape.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by solyjose9

Greeeeat colors but there is a lot of fallout. The fallot gets the velvety packaging dirty...other than that...Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cfmarie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful palette that I have ever seen. When I first got it, I just sat and stared at it for probably 45 minutes before daring to dip in a brush. I have to confess this is my first eyeshadow purchase from Urban Decay, actually UDPP was the only product I had from them before this. Usually the packaging of palettes and makeup in general from UD is so horribly garish and childish that I never had the desire to buy any, but when I first laid eyes on this palette I was astonished! UD has FINALLY gotten their act together! The quality of the shadows are great and they are highly pigmented too. The colors are so smartly chosen that the possibility of looks are endless. You can do a golden bronze look, a nude, a smoky grey/purple, night time, day time, etc., etc. If I had to choose only one palette to use for the rest of my life this would be it. Also a great bargain @ $44! Love!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by cardiacarrest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

thank god, i was so sick of urban decays sparkly crap and weird boxes. This is finally something that can be worn all the time with almost everything.. AWESOME. love.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

I highly recommend this palette to those who love neutrals. I love neutrals as I like to flaunt a natural look most days. First of all, let me begin by saying how beautiful this palette is. Its something of suede material and looks like a gorgeous box of designer chocolates. Second' the price is not that bad ($45) considering that each shadow in the palette will last a long time. (Supposedly the shadows are full priced but they don't look like it to me) this also comes with a mini udpp primer and a double sided eyeliner (one side is brown and the other is black). This palette is versatile and comes in matte, shimmery, and frosty shadows. You can create endless looks with this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by boogiepimp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Why is this $60 CAD when it's only $44 USD?!!!! The extra markup they add on for the exact same products is ridiculous when you compare it to the exchange rate and our dollar is not that far off from the US dollar to warrant the higher prices. UGH!!!!! Sephora makes me angry with this BS.
Anyways aside from price, I like this palette, It's actually portable, unlike the book of shadows so that means I'll actually get some use out of this! While it won't fit in a small purse or clutch, it can definitely fit in a regular sized handbag and that's a big thing that matters to me in case you will be out for long hours and ever feel the need to touch up.
The shades are perfect for either a natural glam look or office wear for a professional look. I like the velvety outside feel of the case and the eyeliner it comes with is convenient. If I ever would hit pan on these and need to repurchase amongst the other million shades I have (ha!) I think I would.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Capecodgirl617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this palette. I tend to reach for this palette the most. Goes on smooth and easier.