September 2, 2014 | 1837 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay finally listened to our pleas. We needed grown up shades and we got them in a beautiful case for under $50. I can't complain. I'm loving mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MacGirl22

I LOVE this palette! This is my first UD palette (or eyeshadow for that matter) and I am greatly impressed with the quality of the shadows. I never purchased UD shadows before because the colors were not my taste, but these colors are gorgeous and the texture is so soft and blendable. I love these more than any of my MAC shadows (I didn't think I would ever say that!). I will definitely repurchase (hope it is permanent like others have said).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by leeli86

Finally!! Urban decay must have been listening because this is finally a palette with a variety of finishes and not a glitter bomb in sight!! It makes me soooo happy that they finally made a palette without a version of midnight cowboy in it! Not that I don't love my BOS, but I always felt like I had to use something else along with those palettes to get a complete look. Yes, there are actual matte, satin, and shimmer finishes in this palette, and while I love a little colour, I know I'm going to use the crap out of this since I can do a lot of work appropriate looks with it. Also love how the packaging is sturdy,sleek, and sophisticated (if something with NAKED written on it can be ;-). I love UD palettes because I think they're an awesome deal. This one was cheaper than most of the larger ones they've made at $44 (that's $44 for 12 shadows, a mini primer potion, and a double ended liner). Not sure if the shadows are full sized or not, but honestly they're generous and will last forever so it doesn't matter. Oh and not too many repeats from the last large palette they put out (Alice BOS) love that!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by rinacee

I adore this product. I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay. They are a staple in my everyday makeup routine, and now this has been added to it! What I think is great is the value. Twelve full-size shadows for $44 is incredible! And then you get a dual-ended pencil and Primer Potion (enough to last a good three months or longer!). It's worth well over $200, but you can snag it for a little under $50. Before I get into the nitty gritty, I'll start out with the negative aspects...
The packaging is not the best. It looks sleek and chic, but even though I've been keeping it in the full plastic covering, the corners have begun to bald. The velvet is wearing down. I also have the Deluxe palette, and I know how lint-prone this type of material is. I suggest separating it from the rest of your makeup and keeping it on your vanity if you are concerned about the aesthetic value.
The good? There's a lot of it! Again, these are all full-sized. These will last a lifetime! The colors are all soft and highlight pigmented. None are glitter bombs like Midnight Cowboy. Only three have micro-glitter (Sidecar, Creep, Gunmetal), but a wipe should take care of it! These are all very wearable colors. It is such a versatile and user-friendly palette. Anyone can pick it up and create dozens of looks without having to be creative. My personal favorite colors are Virgin, Sin, Sidecar, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, and Gunmetal. All of them are wonderful, but these are my ultimates! Some of them are shades I will not be able to live without once I hit the pan (IF I hit the pan!). The 24/7 liners are glorious as always. Zero is classic black, and Whiskey is a warm, red-toned brown. With certain colors it looks dynamic. But with others, it can make your eyes look irritated, so play around and see what works...
Overall, it is an astonishing value. All the colors are stunning and wearable, while still providing the option of a great smokey/dramatic eye.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by n2l2m

This palette is great! Colors are beautiful, long wearing, variety of matte, shimmer, glitter. Definitely get alot for the price. Only con for me is having the dual eyeliner, as I would prefer two separate ones, but they are great non the less! So happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by japringle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this palette. I love the brown velvet and the sleek design. The eyeshadows are gorgeous. This is an everyday palette. You can do day and evenings looks with this palette. I am a neutral lover, however I do wear color occasionally. This is a must have palette for every woman. I woukd certainly purchase this palette again and as a gift!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by sparklestv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first palette and Urban Decay product EVER! I fell in love with the packaging because it's nice and sleek which is great for travel. The packaging has a soft velvety feel and it looks like a CHOCOLATE BAR! It comes with a two sided 24/7 Glide-On Pencils in Zero and Whiskey, as well as a mini UDPP. I've been playing around with it and the eyeshadows are amazing! All the neutral shades you need in one palette!

The only reason why I'm not giving it a 5 is b/c you get some fallout and you end up getting shimmer on your cheeks, but that is easy to fix with some tape.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by solyjose9

Greeeeat colors but there is a lot of fallout. The fallot gets the velvety packaging dirty...other than that...Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cfmarie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful palette that I have ever seen. When I first got it, I just sat and stared at it for probably 45 minutes before daring to dip in a brush. I have to confess this is my first eyeshadow purchase from Urban Decay, actually UDPP was the only product I had from them before this. Usually the packaging of palettes and makeup in general from UD is so horribly garish and childish that I never had the desire to buy any, but when I first laid eyes on this palette I was astonished! UD has FINALLY gotten their act together! The quality of the shadows are great and they are highly pigmented too. The colors are so smartly chosen that the possibility of looks are endless. You can do a golden bronze look, a nude, a smoky grey/purple, night time, day time, etc., etc. If I had to choose only one palette to use for the rest of my life this would be it. Also a great bargain @ $44! Love!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by cardiacarrest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

thank god, i was so sick of urban decays sparkly crap and weird boxes. This is finally something that can be worn all the time with almost everything.. AWESOME. love.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No