Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara

Water, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Wax/Carnauba, Paraffin, Nylon 12, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, PVP, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylparaben, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

on 6/29/2007 4:52:00 AM

It's a pretty decent mascara and I love how my lashes aren't crunchy brittle spider legs with this. I don't know why, but I found that most Maybelline mascaras smudge on me like crazy. Also, the formula is a little too wet and tends to take the curl out of my lashes if I put on more than one coat. For the price, it's well worth it.

EDIT:
I got the waterproof mascara. So far, there's minimal smudging, so this is great. I do still find that it doesn't do much to create volume in my lashes, but I'll try it with a primer soon. Overall, I'm very happy with this product.

EDIT #2:
I've noticed (through experimentation) that this product is making my eye lashes fall out. WILL NOT BUY AGAIN. I must be allergic to some ingredient in this.

on 6/28/2007 4:38:00 PM

This is my HG mascara. I love it! Not even high end mascaras can do for me what this does. I have clear blonde eyelashes that are fairly thin. When I try anything else, I have spider legs. But when I come back to this, I have amazing eyelashes. Seriously, this will end your quest for that perfect mascara if you're willing to give it a try!

on 6/27/2007 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Info: I've got light Asian skin that is sensitive. My lashes are medium length, but hangs on the thin side. I also wear contact lenses (I've got super sensitive eyes in particular)

1st bottle:
The mascara was wonderful. Completely flawless at first. Doesn't itch my eyes and it's not a pain to remove. However, once you get to the end of the bottle, it obviously gets clumpy like other mascaras, but for the 3/4 of the time you use it, it gave me longer lashes. I put off one lippie because I have to re-curl most of the time because this mascara doesn't really hold a curl the 1st time around. I learned for all mascaras to only apply a really light coat at first to set the curl. Wait for it to dry, and then apply the other coats later as to not weigh down the curls the first time

Repurchased 2nd bottle:
This one i left in my makeup drawer, unopened in the package for 3 months because I purchased 2 at the same time, as to save the the other mascara for later. This time, the mascara didn't go on as smoothly as my 1st bottle. I believe it's because I left it in my drawer for so long. Next time I'll just run to the store to get a new one off the rack rather than store it hanging flat in my drawer. Maybe that messed up some of the formula in the bottle. However, it still did a pretty good job I have to admit. It's just not up to par as my 1st bottle.

Quick Review:

Pros: smooth formula, doesn't clump until you reach about 3-4 coats, or at least for me, affordable at $5 but not dirt cheap as everyone would like it to be

Cons: I wish the brush applicator would be not as big so I can get to my lashes in the corner better.

Neutral: You have to build your way up to big lashes, which is good or bad, depending on your preference if you want instant big lashes, or instant natural lashes. This mascara does both, but it starts off with natural lashes. Then you build your way up like I do for thicker lashes.

INGREDIENTS (taken from drugstore.com) :

Water, Beeswax (Cera Alba), CyclopentaSiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG 17 (IPDI/DMPA Copolymer), Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Paraffin, Nylon 12, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, PVP, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylparaben, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)

HTH =)

on 6/27/2007 10:35:00 AM

Best Mascara I've used after trying many. BEST price!

i love this product.. it is a light mascara unlike the double xl from maybelline...

on 6/25/2007 9:19:00 PM

I know this sounds really annoying, but my lashes are almost TOO long naturally. When I wear most mascaras, I look like I'm doing a drag show. Most mascaras only make my lashes LONGER and fake-looking. Full & Soft is the only one that makes them look FULLER and more defined without looking overly dramatic. I love this mascara for everyday, or after a couple coats, a night out.

on 6/24/2007 2:49:00 PM

The only thing that was able to fill the hole left in my makeup bag when Maybelline stopped making Illegal Lengths. This stuff is so lush and darkening that just one coat does the trick. I like brownish black for fabulous lashes that don't look overly done. The brush is great too!

on 6/23/2007 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

I have found a gem!

This does what every mascara I've tried couldn't - lengthens and colors my very pale lashes that don't even show up with outh mascara.

It is the standard tube with a straight full brush - not too wet.

I will repurchase this till they quit making it.

on 6/22/2007 8:47:00 PM

I have known many mascaras but have loved few (Great Lash, I'm shaking my fist at you). I love this mascara. The densely-bristled brush manages to get to every eyelash and coat it with a light, non-smudging formula. I have longish, straight lashes that aren't very thick and this product builds body like none other. I also have oily eyelids that make almost every mascara but the hardiest smudge, but I've never had a problem with Full and Soft. It really does leave my lashes full AND soft.

on 6/22/2007 8:19:00 PM

I will put this simply:

Pros: Gives -nearly- clumpless length and definition, a teense of volume

Cons: Color is not really black, it looks like black covered with gray dust, my friend was wearing this, and i kinda flicked at her eyelashes and i said "you have eyeshadow fallout on your eyelashes" *awkward pause* "er...im not wearing anything but mascara". i noticed this on my own lashes too, matte dusty black lashes are not my thing, but for the price, i don't really care, it will be my fallback mascara in case my Definicils gets lost or something.

Video Reviews & Tutorials