December 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by JaeMann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was told this woul dbe an extra potent version of the honey balm for the winter months. But it seems to dry me out. I like the smell and tingle. But it isn't worth it to have dry lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by goaway

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burt's Bees lip balm actually makes my lips drier--this is probably due to the peppermint oil. The formula is hard, and the tin is unhygienic. Though I gave it to my sister, and she seems to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by nz4kaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Burt's Bees lip balm (AKA "crack stick"...LOL)! I have one laying around just about everywhere; nightstand, car, purse, at work. It's light on the lips, leaves a delightful tingling sensation, and stays on for quite some time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by troublebound

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It used to be my staple, but it actually dries your lips out. The peppermint oil and rosemary extract are both astringent. Since I've started making my own I've seen how good lip balm can be and I'm never buying this again. Having said all that its definitely not the worst lip balm out there, especially if chapped lips are not your problem. Look for something without any astringent ingredients though. The honey version is better for your lips. No those aren't chunks of honey, its the shea butter which can get grainy during the heating/mixing part. The shea butter will melt as soon as it hits your lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like the taste of Burt's Bees lip products. They taste like those little yellow pots of carmex lip stuff. I prefer softlips which also give you a tingy minty feeling but comes in much better favors such as french vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by oc_babe

I love burts bees lip balm, i love how it makes my lips sting, and i liek the feel of not having anything on my lips. I can not stand the honey lip blam it is disgusting cuz it feels liek there is actual chunks of honey in it and it gets caked onthe side of my mouth...not fun! But anywasy I would defenatley reccommend buying a tube of this to try out! 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by ilovejoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. I use it constantly, it's a staple and it does wonders for my lips. Only downside is I can only use the stick formula, because I've bought the tins only to have them get stuck closed. :( But overall, this product is a must have.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried and like Burt's Bees Honey lip balm so since I love mint I thought I would give this version a try. I am completely addicted to lip balm and it really bothers me when I can't feel it on my lips (sad but true). I enjoyed the minty tingle of this lip balm but HATED the fact that no matter how much I applied my lips felt naked. In fact, they felt rather dry. There is no way I could finish a tube of this (it would drive me nuts) so I gave it to DH and he likes it. I think this lip balm would work well for guys (since they generally don't want that "lip balm-y" feeling anyway) or ladies who don't like the feel of most lip balms. This lip balm also has no glossiness which men would most likely appreciate. I gave Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm a "1" for my purposes but DH would probably give it a "4".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lipcrazy

I applied this and loved the cool minty feelings on my lips. However the texture of this product is waxy and just sits on your lips, never getting absorbed. In the end all of the mintiness just dried my lips out more. This product is over hyped, you are better off sticking to plain old vaseline before shelling out money for this crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by GiNNERS112

How could anyone not love this? It's so refreshing. My friends and I always have it on us, in our purses, at home, etc. :]