Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/15/2010 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a great palette in which you can make tons of different looks with it. You can go completey nude eyed with its colors or a smokey nude look. There's also some highlighting colors like white and gold for brow bone or the inner corners of the eye. The price is good for the amount you get. I picked up one only a week ago at my Sephora (they had a few in the back =D) I'm really happy that UD made this permanent so everyone can give it a try instead of making people go crazy by spending $100 for it on ebay lol Its a must have palette for everyone that loves makeup.

on 8/15/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this palette!!!! Very versatile and worth the money. It is an amazing value, 12 full size eye shadows for that price!!? Awesome! The only reason why I did not give it a 5 overall rating is because some shade have a bit of glitter fallout but other than that this palette is perfect! And if I ever finish this I would certainly repurchase.

on 8/15/2010 11:09:00 AM

One of the best palettes out there! I LOVE IT!!!! It comes with all the colors for an everday neutral smoky eye, and an actual smokey eye! The colors are just fantastic and so very pigmented! I hope UD makes another amazing palette like this one...If you happen to see one in the store>>just grab it, it was so hard to get my hands on the one i got!!! I hope that this helped!

on 8/14/2010 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

What is there to say? Bottom line you get 12 awesome shadows for $44 plus a double liner and the primer. So if it was just the shadows it would be like $3 a shadow (with the liner and primer) and these are pigmented and so lovely. The best is the neutrals are truly neutral and there are mattes and shimmers. This can be for all skin shades and was worth every dollar.
Edit 7/9/12 I use this almost everyday still, I love it.
Edit 10/31/13 Still use almost everyday, I own 2!

on 8/14/2010 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a fabulous value for $44! These shades are gorgeous- the majority are on the warmer side but there are a few standout cool-toned shadows. The matte shades have a very smooth, satiny finish and every shade has very nice color payoff. The only shadow I experienced fallout w/ was Sidecar (but it's sooo pretty!). The extra dual-ended eyeliner features both a black (Zero) and warm-brown end (Whiskey which is a new color). AND you get a mini UDPP (0.13 fl oz). I love this palette b/c it allows you to create a multitude of looks for DAY or NIGHT. I have created so many different smokey eye looks too- gold, brown, purple, black, gray. Naked is definitely my favorite color (along w/ Hustle and Sidecar). This is a must have product, and a new addition to UD's permanent palette line! =)

Perm shades: Sin, Naked, Half baked, Smog, Toasted, Gunmetal
LE shades: Virgin, Buck, Darkhorse, Hustle, Creep, Sidecar (repromote)

on 8/14/2010 12:45:00 PM

I have always avoided UD shadows because of the sparklebomb factor - I don't go out at night and I have a professional job in a very conservative company. So when I was at Sephora last Saturday looking for a neutral palette, I was surprised to be drawn to this. For me, the dual liner is not a selling point - I have to have a liquid liner due to oily, hooded eyelids and a tendency for everything to smudge. But The little travel size of tghe primer potion is quite handy.

The real reason to buy this palette, however, is the extraordinarily nice range of neutrals with, for the most part, manageable shimmer. I have been using this for a week - a different combo every day - and I honestly haven't found a single shadow I don't like, which is VERY rare for a palette. Additionally, the shadows last very well and are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way.

Exceptional palette - should definitely be added to the permanent line.

Throwing another extremely positive review on the heap for this palette.

on 8/13/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE: Since buying this pallette months ago, I don't really reach for it as much. I think it is because I haven't figured out which ones have so much glitter it causes fall out all over my cheeks. I do my makeup in 5 minutes in the morning due to how much I work, and having sparkles all over my cheeks is just not professional. I've noticed all the non glittery colors are great but the rest is not. This palette is better than most UD palettes though! I would not repurchase.. back to my MAC eyeshadows!

Original review:
I was a little skeptical that this palette could be so awesome since all the other UD eye palettes are so sparkly and chunky... and I am a working professional with a preference for neutral but pretty eye colors. I also am not a big UD fan as the primer potion bottle design is horrible, and the e/s are pretty expensive individually vs mac e/s. The quality of the e/s in this palette are amazing.. the case is a little tacky but at least there is a mirror. I am very picky about eyeliners which this one that comes with the kit smears under my eyes even with the primer potion (I have oily oily eyelids)...but the eye shadows are fantastic. I was a little scared to get my 'creep' on.. but that color is key to making a smokey neutral eye look from night to day... I hope this stays permanent... best palette ever.

on 8/13/2010 7:46:00 PM

I LOOOOOVE this!! Seriously, i'm usually a mac eyeshadows girl, and i buy all neutral/brown eyeshadows (boring, I know) but anyways, I was looking on the sephora website and saw this! It had my name written all over it!! Although never trying urban decay shadows before, i thought, hey try something new! And i am so glad I did!! I love all the colors, the pigmentation is awesome!! Love Love love it!! Sorry mac, but now my heart belongs to this :)

on 8/13/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you don't have the permanent shades included, or collect these palettes then I'd say it's worth the money. It's convenient to have all these neutrals in the same case for travel. However, all of these shades are now pretty common so a lot of people already have them in other brands. There isn't alot of variation between these shades. You get some ivory, champagne, bronzes, browns, and charcoals. This is a WARM palette, so be aware of that if you normally hate warm shades or feel they clash with your skintone or clothes. The only cool tone shade is the Gunmetal which has a slight blue grey cast. If you're trying to build a collection then try to get on a wait list. Sephora has one, but Ulta does not. Update: I'm unsure what to think of it now that I have it, but I'm going to check out the Naked and Neutral eye palettes from Too Faced.

on 8/13/2010 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this palette! I have had it for about a week and have used it everyday. I love that is has such versatile colors. You will never run out of eyeshadow combos! It is such a great value. For $44 you get 12 eyeshadows, a primer potion, and 2 eyeliners. If I ever run out, I will repurchase, but I don't anticipate that as the shadows are so pigmented.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED
The Nudes
The Nudes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty