November 28, 2014 | 1758 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by monina1

nothing special...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by bebedoc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG lip balm! I have one with me at all times! It keeps my lips nice and soft!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2007 9:31:00 AM More reviews by wooster

I really dislike this lip balm. It's thin & contains peppermint oil which are both of the things I like to avoid. It doesn't moisturise at all, in fact it makes my lips drier! My sister gave me this as she didn't like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mushygal

Worst lip balm I've ever used. It was so thick on my lips, it would cake up, the taste was ok, but the end result was that my lips were even drier than before! Made my lips feel really gross. I'll not be repurchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by leenypat

I love the tingling feeling this product gives. It makes me feel like it's really doing something. It does not feel thick on your lips like some other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by MetisSiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite lip balm - you can always count on me having at least 2 or three of these lying around. I keep one at my desk, one in my purse, and at least one extra somewhere else in my home. I've been using this for years - itís probably one of the few lip balms that have survived the severely cold winters, the hot summers, and all the temperatures and dates in between. I love it for its moisturizing ability. It has gotten to a point that I've gotten numerous people hooked on this product, and that those close to me actually know what I mean when I say "Can you pass me Burt?" - Instead of looking at me like I'm crazy or have some sort of tiny toy from Burt and Ernie hidden from childhood days. I don't think it gets better than this for the price - its not only amazing, but its vegetarian, not tested on animals, and it tingles with a minty feeling, leaving you feeling refreshed and lovely. Amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by JaeMann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was told this woul dbe an extra potent version of the honey balm for the winter months. But it seems to dry me out. I like the smell and tingle. But it isn't worth it to have dry lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by goaway

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burt's Bees lip balm actually makes my lips drier--this is probably due to the peppermint oil. The formula is hard, and the tin is unhygienic. Though I gave it to my sister, and she seems to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by nz4kaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Burt's Bees lip balm (AKA "crack stick"...LOL)! I have one laying around just about everywhere; nightstand, car, purse, at work. It's light on the lips, leaves a delightful tingling sensation, and stays on for quite some time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by troublebound

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It used to be my staple, but it actually dries your lips out. The peppermint oil and rosemary extract are both astringent. Since I've started making my own I've seen how good lip balm can be and I'm never buying this again. Having said all that its definitely not the worst lip balm out there, especially if chapped lips are not your problem. Look for something without any astringent ingredients though. The honey version is better for your lips. No those aren't chunks of honey, its the shea butter which can get grainy during the heating/mixing part. The shea butter will melt as soon as it hits your lips.