July 28, 2014 | 973 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried and like Burt's Bees Honey lip balm so since I love mint I thought I would give this version a try. I am completely addicted to lip balm and it really bothers me when I can't feel it on my lips (sad but true). I enjoyed the minty tingle of this lip balm but HATED the fact that no matter how much I applied my lips felt naked. In fact, they felt rather dry. There is no way I could finish a tube of this (it would drive me nuts) so I gave it to DH and he likes it. I think this lip balm would work well for guys (since they generally don't want that "lip balm-y" feeling anyway) or ladies who don't like the feel of most lip balms. This lip balm also has no glossiness which men would most likely appreciate. I gave Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm a "1" for my purposes but DH would probably give it a "4".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lipcrazy

I applied this and loved the cool minty feelings on my lips. However the texture of this product is waxy and just sits on your lips, never getting absorbed. In the end all of the mintiness just dried my lips out more. This product is over hyped, you are better off sticking to plain old vaseline before shelling out money for this crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by GiNNERS112

How could anyone not love this? It's so refreshing. My friends and I always have it on us, in our purses, at home, etc. :]

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by emuhleebunneh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the Strawberry flavored lip balm that comes in the glass container. You use your finger to apply it but it works really nice.
And I use it as a gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Cymbaline

I love this stuff. The smell is wonderful and it makes my lips tingle slightly. I have tried other lip moisterizers but this one IMO is the best. It performs as well or better than most other moisterizers but the smell and the tingly sensation is what I love.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by chinasmom

it works ok..but it feels really thick when its on. i like the ones in the pot (they are all fruit flavored) better..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by oojoy

It might just be me, but this stuff actually made my lips peel. They feel moist, but they peel. It's really weird. I now use it when I feel I need a bit of lip exfoliation, though, so it's not completely useless to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by rikastar

I like the tingling sensation that lasts for a while after application and there is no oily feeling like some of the other lip balms I've tried. One of my favourites, plus it's really inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2007 2:07:00 AM More reviews by mango012

Burt's Bees is the best chapstick I have used so far. I have used Chapstick (the company), Softlips, The Body Shop, Vaseline, and many others. But Burt's Bees is still the best plus it has peppermint oil, which adds a tingle. One lippie off for no spf though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by adobeprincess

Good stuff for a guy. Beats out chapstick, but that does not take much. The problem with this product is that it smells like it should be used by a guy. It is not as good as better burts bees products.