Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 3/2/2007 3:16:00 PM

When I first started using this, I really liked it. I liked the light texture, the tingling pepperminty feeling when I slicked it on, and it seemed to smooth and soothe my lips immediately after I put it on. But, it didn't seem to stay on for a long time, and it's good effects would never last either. During the short time I used it, when I wasn't constantly applying it, my lips would start to crack and bleed. Anyway, I ended up losing it a week or two after I had bought it, and my lips are no longer cracked and bleeding. I'm sure it works great for some, but there was something in it that did not agree with my lips.

on 3/1/2007 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

FREAKIN LOVE THIS!! this is the only chapstick i have ever used religiously for a substantial amount of time. i love it...its so addicting. i buy a tube like every month...and the price is awesome.

on 2/26/2007 10:04:00 PM

Too over rated. I perfer Softlips.. I have to re apply the beeswax way too often since it dries out fast..

I love the way this lip balm feels. It doesn't leave any weird residue on my lips and I do feel a need to put it on constantly. My problem with the balm is that it is the only thing I use on my lips (I do not wear lipstick or anything) and I get blackheads around my lips and I think it is due to this balm. I still use it because I really haven't found anything I like as well that doesn't do the same thing.

on 2/22/2007 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product feels great going on, but I must say that I had to use it all the time, so therefore I don't think it was doing it's job. If I didn't use it every 15-30 minutes, my lips felt dry and chapped all over again. I love the tingle factor, but I like to buy products that do their job well. I have since switched to Aveda Lip Savers, which I only need to apply 3-4 times a day during the coldest of MN winter days.

on 2/21/2007 2:04:00 AM

My HG for sure. I have 3 of them, one on my nightstand, one in my car and one in my purse. I love the soothing and tingling effect, makes my lips feel sooo good. I put it on EVERY night before bed and wake up with smooth supple moisturized lips!

on 2/21/2007 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like the tingling of the peppermint, personally, but that's about the only thing this lip balm has that my other standard balms lack. It doesn't apply as smoothly, and it doesn't do anything amazing for my lips. It's a good lip balm, but not one I would absolutely die without. I might repurchase when I run out of this one, but I keep several different balms in my rotation (for some reason, I think I have to have one within reach at all times), so it could take awhile before I need another.

i lost this stuff so i only used it for a couple days and it did not reduce chapness at all [maybe just a tad bit]. i'm wondering if i applied it too much?!? i do want to find it and try it again...smells like a candy cane and it's pretty emollient.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this lip balm. I use it every night before I go to bed, under lipstick and also to keep my lips kissable and not gunked with lipstick when my BF and I are staying home for romance. I love the minty taste and so does he. Have used this stuff for years and am never out of it. I have never noticed it making my lips dry because of the peppermint oil in it. I am also glad Burts Bees is now making one with spf, that was my only beef before was that they didn't have a lip balm with spf for summer sunshine time.

on 2/19/2007 10:11:00 PM

I love this little yellow tube of minty moisture! The texture is great (not as emollient as Chap-Stick) and the mintiness is a treat! Will definitely purchase again!

Popular Lip Treatments