Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 2/22/2007 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product feels great going on, but I must say that I had to use it all the time, so therefore I don't think it was doing it's job. If I didn't use it every 15-30 minutes, my lips felt dry and chapped all over again. I love the tingle factor, but I like to buy products that do their job well. I have since switched to Aveda Lip Savers, which I only need to apply 3-4 times a day during the coldest of MN winter days.

on 2/21/2007 2:04:00 AM

My HG for sure. I have 3 of them, one on my nightstand, one in my car and one in my purse. I love the soothing and tingling effect, makes my lips feel sooo good. I put it on EVERY night before bed and wake up with smooth supple moisturized lips!

on 2/21/2007 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like the tingling of the peppermint, personally, but that's about the only thing this lip balm has that my other standard balms lack. It doesn't apply as smoothly, and it doesn't do anything amazing for my lips. It's a good lip balm, but not one I would absolutely die without. I might repurchase when I run out of this one, but I keep several different balms in my rotation (for some reason, I think I have to have one within reach at all times), so it could take awhile before I need another.

i lost this stuff so i only used it for a couple days and it did not reduce chapness at all [maybe just a tad bit]. i'm wondering if i applied it too much?!? i do want to find it and try it again...smells like a candy cane and it's pretty emollient.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this lip balm. I use it every night before I go to bed, under lipstick and also to keep my lips kissable and not gunked with lipstick when my BF and I are staying home for romance. I love the minty taste and so does he. Have used this stuff for years and am never out of it. I have never noticed it making my lips dry because of the peppermint oil in it. I am also glad Burts Bees is now making one with spf, that was my only beef before was that they didn't have a lip balm with spf for summer sunshine time.

on 2/19/2007 10:11:00 PM

I love this little yellow tube of minty moisture! The texture is great (not as emollient as Chap-Stick) and the mintiness is a treat! Will definitely purchase again!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm works well on my lips. However, I find the peppermint tingle in this product extremely strong and extremely annoying. All in all, this product works fine, but I do not like it as much as Carmex. In fact, I would only repurchase Burt's Bees if Carmex was out of stock...

on 2/19/2007 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm surprised so many people say this dries their lips! I love this product! It's cooling, moisturizing, and addictive to apply. It's all natural and makes my lips very soft. This isn't good for someone who doesn't like that "tingling" feeling when they apply products. I personally love it. I always use it. Other lip balms just don't do the trick.

on 2/18/2007 9:16:00 PM

worked great for the first few days.. later on, it started irritating them.. i think it's the menthol or something. idk, but my lips look horrible now. creases, peeling, eww.

on 2/18/2007 4:19:00 PM

I think I'm addicted to Burt's Bees because I can't stop reapplying it! I love the smell and the cool feeling you get on your lips. Yes, it's a little pricey but it makes my lips feel soft and supple. Would buy again

Popular Lip Treatments