Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 4/1/2007 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Aeh. I love the tingly feeling, I won't deny that. But it's kind of hard to open if you get the pot, and I don't feel like it actually helps me, like AT ALL. Especially not in winter. But that cool tingle...sigh. I won't fight it, because I know I will buy it again when I run out. But at least it's cheap!

on 3/30/2007 1:21:00 AM

I like this balm a lot for when my lips get super chapped. The waxy balm is thick enough to "fill" cracks so they don't split any wider and the tingly feeling takes away any pain. Tastes and smells good too (I'm addicted to mint) :) My lips are still dry when I am not wearing it, so it's not exactly a miracle or anything and shouldn't be used as a treatment, but as long as I keep it on it works fantastic and makes them smooth. If it becomes too hard or dry to apply, I just carry it in my pants pocket or roll it around in my hands a minute before applying. I like it enough to go out of my way to repurchase it over other lip balms ( not treatments).

on 3/25/2007 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This product smells minty-fresh, which i really like. I used it once, and after that my lips are usually not chapped anymore. I find it a bit expensive considering all it is is lip balm, but it works well, and i would buy it again.

on 3/22/2007 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

You know, I have used 2 or 3 tubes of this now and I have no idea why I keep buying it again. It really is nothing spectacular. Maybe it is the peppermint that keeps me coming back because this is just your regular blah lip balm that isn't particularly moisturizing.

on 3/22/2007 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have many issues finding a working lip treatment for myself. and this is one problematic one minty feeling okay......not a fan not against it either. but most of all this lip balm did not solve my chapped lips problem. maybe its some allergic reaction or something but my lips remained chapped and even irritated. it moisturized for maybe like the first 2 mins. then i felt like i had to keep reapplying until i just decided to throw it away asap to find a lip treatment. The only reason I tried this is because i couldnt find vaseline (which always works for me) around while i was on a trip. definitely will not repurchase. now i use between vaseline and eucerin aquaphor for my lips. and also Lipfusion XL when i want to get the extra fullness when i go out. so far those are the only 3 lip products that work for me in keeping my lips moisturized. I've also tried shu eumura lip treatment. just mediocre didnt irritate but didnt benefit from it either. i heard about the clinique superbalm being good. will probably try that next to find a real HG permanant staple lip treatment.

on 3/21/2007 12:02:00 PM

I don't like this balm at all. I felt like I was rubbing a crayon on my lips. It didn't moisturize or soothe at all. It stinks like old lady perfume. blech.

on 3/20/2007 9:21:00 PM

Dry, waxy, and gives me cadaver lips! Yuck! Way overpriced for what you get. Try Alba Botanicals Coconut Cream lip balm instead.

on 3/20/2007 8:30:00 PM

Made my lips hurt really bad. Stuck to my old lipbalm!

on 3/18/2007 4:32:00 PM

I just bought this for the first time, and cannot believe that I've never bought it before. It feels fantastic on my lips, I love the mintyness. I don't know that my review is going to be super helpful because everyone else seems to write the same glowing review. I wish that I'd been able to find the one with SPF, though... that would've made this a perfect 5.

Okay, not as is this needs another review but I really love this balm. It really works to soothe dry lips and it stays on for longer than most. I love the minty feeling!!

Popular Lip Treatments