April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MyBuddy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My face really does look perfect at the end of the day, and my job requires working outside in all kinds of weather. Finish is matte but not overly so, and is easily made dewy-looking if you use with a moisturizer underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2005 12:21:00 PM More reviews by beita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best long lasting foundation I have ever tried, Double wear resists all the day in place in every situation...I love to use it everyday and night 'cause I know that when I arrive to home my skin will look like as perfect as when I left.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by passengertwelve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best foundation I've come across. And I'm a foundation whore; so I've been AROUND THE BLOCK. I usually notice how much I like it, whenever I wear a different foundation (something in a compact usually, since this is easier for quick applications) as my compact foundations always sink into the smile lines around the mouth, and accentuates the pores in my t-zone. Double Wear is also PERFECT... for undereyes. For me, at least. I have oily skin though. It's the only thing I use on the undereyes, because it's literally invisible, like a second skin. None of that tell-tale cakey residue I get with most concelars, even the high end ones.
You need a really good moisturizer on beforehand, though. Let it sink in and dry before applying the foundation, and it shouldn't dry your undereye area out. Assuming you have oily-normal skin. If your skin is on the dryer side, it may not work as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2005 9:07:00 AM More reviews by NANSI

This is the perfect liquid foundation that really stays on and makes my skin look flawless. I've tried many foundations in the past but never got any compliments for my skin until I started using this. Quite expensive but worth it.
The shade pebble matches my skin perfectly. Update: I have stopped using this as it feels heavy on my skin and makes me look tired.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by CAgirl9987

I love this product. Definitely need a good moisturizer to prevent from caking off. I'm a PPP, and it totally matches my tone, and there was a good selection for different skin types. I bought this for when I was on stage, and it totally masked all my skin's imperfections perfectly! I used the Bridal Line powder on top, and together, those two products reduced all the redness in my face. Enjoy!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2005 12:08:00 AM More reviews by GlisteningStarlights

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in shell, the lightest shade which is a tad too dark (it works for most PPPs) but this is the lightest shade in the line and will suit most fair skins however you have to be upclose to tell it's a bit off. Anyhow This is good coverage and lasts ESPECIALLY through rain/water. H2O makes it look better actually but you MUST wear a good moisturizer underneath or it will cake. It can be difficult to work with if your skin is dry. Use a good moisturizer and you'll love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2005 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Mistyr989

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good coverage foundation. I have dry skin so I put this on immediately after my moisturizer to make it spread easier. It's probably better 4 oily skin but I love the staying power and the coverage it gives. A close friend of mine asked me what foundation I was using cuz it looked amazing on me. Nuf said.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2005 7:56:00 PM More reviews by katm11

So far, this is my favorite foundation. Makes my skin look flawless and covers the little red capilaries w/out having to use concealor. Most foundations sink into my pores leaving little dots over my cheeks-this doesnt. One of the very few that doesnt cake or rub off. It's perfect! I set w/the so ingenious powder-perfect match.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2005 3:26:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

I have worn this for 15 yrs and now that im 30something it was making me look old. Figured i was gonna have to give it up even with trying primers, moisturizers, anything. Finally i got a bright idea to first mix it half w an acne moisturizer which also mattifies without the silicones and use it as a tinted moisturizer and treatment. Then i go back over the areas needing coverage using it plain. Voila! It doesnt look masky or old dry lady faced! And it seems to stay on longer too this way! Glad i discovered using it like this or i was going to be heartbroken divorcing my fav fndt!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2005 7:07:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Double Wear was recommended to me after I complained to Estee Lauder that they didn't have a color light enough for me in their Double Matte foundation. Double Wear looked great for the first hour or two and then seemed to melt into a greasy mess on my oily skin.