July 22, 2014 | 2413 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2005 11:06:00 PM More reviews by seakitten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a few samples of Double Wear in a few different colors from the sales associate at an Estee Lauder counter. I had high hopes that this foundation would help keep my oily T-zone matte, at least for a few hours, and that I would find a great color match for my very fair skin tone.

Unfortunately, the 2 lightest shades don't match my skin perfectly. The lightest shade is the best match, but it needs to be blended VERY carefully or else there will be an obvious line. Double Wear did not keep my T-zone matte at all, in fact, after only about 1-1/2 hours, the makeup on my nose looked like it was separating and melting...totally gross. Also, this foundation felt heavy on and didn't look as natural as I was hoping. Finally, Double Wear is not as easy to wash off as other foundations are.

A disappointment. I will not be purchasing this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by cheapandchic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have finally found my HG foundation! I was concerned about this foundation settling into fine lines, being a bit too dry etc. The SA showed me this neat little trick I mix a dab of Estee Lauder "Spotlight" with my Double Wear and apply it with a foundation brush. It make it spread more smoothly and evenly, it doesent settle into lines and positively glows. The foundation still stays ALL day and covers my acne marks/splotches/capillaries with ease. "Fresco" turned out to be the perfect color for me. I will repurchase..a bit pricey but not as much as all the $$ I have wasted on the wrong foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by goffbride99

This is an awesome foundation; it is the only one I can use on my oily, acne prone skin that won't break me out or fade within 2 hours. It offers full coverage (hides the red marks I have from past breakouts) and it stays on all day long. At $32.00, the price is a little high, but I think it's worth the money. One bottle lasts me 4 months or so. The one downfall, though, is that it can be drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2005 11:25:00 AM More reviews by hiulla

i baught it twice already but i think that my next one will be something else. it's great when you have a lot to hide, it doesn't move the whole day, no shining and no mess. it's a little expensive but all good foundations are... the package is annoying - it should come with a pumper!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2005 7:25:00 PM More reviews by marida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Seeing that I used to work at an Estee Lauder counter...( anyone interested in working at one...my advise ..DON'T!) Unless you like hounding customers on the phone to order products..and push people in to buying things they will only regret!!They are a bit of a cult..and their uniforms are horrid! Anyway..I have been a freelance make-up artist for 13 years, and Natural Brides are my thing..I wear a ton mind you ..love the J.Lo look, but when I had used Double Wear on my best friend, after 10 years of doing her make-up..this was the fist time she remarked on how it looked(in a not so good way_ It's not for someone who wants to look natural..if you like thick make up..great, but in all my years..that was the worst thing..and for $42 Canadian?? I'll tell you I have been using Revlon ColorStay for ever!! and on all my brides..StayNatural Colorstay by Revlon..I do brides that don't wear a STITCH! of makeup, and leave with an amazing glow..take it from me..for under half the price...and if you like more coverage..buy the original Colorstay with the black screw off cap and use a dry sponge( body shop has the best sponges!)I prefer the Natural formula with a damp sponge...always have moiturizer on , even as nice as it goes on..it'll slide on better..and blend QUICKLY!! Transfer resistant formulas are not meant to be dabbed on the face and then go to answer the phone!! You'll have to start over..I'll go to the Revlon site now and give their product a perfect score!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2005 2:04:00 PM More reviews by raegan

ME- large pores, acneprones and blemished skin. Nc/42 in color.
Shade bought Wheat,but I in between both Weat and Tawney. One is too light and one is too dark.Which is always an issue with me.
This has great coverage. If my skin is going through one of it's phaeses I grab this as a backup. Will cover almost any scar or pimple. Also doubles as a concealer which is good. The only flaw is that the coverage can appear masky, so I rather spot cover with this than spread it all over my face. Too heavy when my skin is blemish free. Also,you can see this make-up at times it doesn't really dissapear. Doesn't wear good in the winter time either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MyBuddy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My face really does look perfect at the end of the day, and my job requires working outside in all kinds of weather. Finish is matte but not overly so, and is easily made dewy-looking if you use with a moisturizer underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2005 12:21:00 PM More reviews by beita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best long lasting foundation I have ever tried, Double wear resists all the day in place in every situation...I love to use it everyday and night 'cause I know that when I arrive to home my skin will look like as perfect as when I left.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by passengertwelve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best foundation I've come across. And I'm a foundation whore; so I've been AROUND THE BLOCK. I usually notice how much I like it, whenever I wear a different foundation (something in a compact usually, since this is easier for quick applications) as my compact foundations always sink into the smile lines around the mouth, and accentuates the pores in my t-zone. Double Wear is also PERFECT... for undereyes. For me, at least. I have oily skin though. It's the only thing I use on the undereyes, because it's literally invisible, like a second skin. None of that tell-tale cakey residue I get with most concelars, even the high end ones.
You need a really good moisturizer on beforehand, though. Let it sink in and dry before applying the foundation, and it shouldn't dry your undereye area out. Assuming you have oily-normal skin. If your skin is on the dryer side, it may not work as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2005 9:07:00 AM More reviews by NANSI

This is the perfect liquid foundation that really stays on and makes my skin look flawless. I've tried many foundations in the past but never got any compliments for my skin until I started using this. Quite expensive but worth it.
The shade pebble matches my skin perfectly. Update: I have stopped using this as it feels heavy on my skin and makes me look tired.