Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 11/19/2002 12:49:00 AM

This is a good foundation for those who want good coverage wihout having to splurge on concealers. It looks real natural when applied with a good wedge sponge. I will not advise anyone to use fingers coz it'll appear too thick and masked. I rated it "4" coz it needs effort to remove. I have to use a cleansing oil, estee's take it away followed by a cleansing gel to get the entire gunk off my face. But it's really worth the effort cause I don't hv to touch up. It never caked or melt in the hot humid weather. But if you're blemish prone, it is highly recommended to wash this off thoroughly coz it's smudgeproof and waterproof. I don't hv to worry about it coming off tho I accidentally shed tears or get caught in the rain. It's also a good foundation to wear when I wanna go exercise on bad skin days. Stays put in water and sweat.

on 6/25/2002 7:01:00 PM

I stopped using this after I broke out and thought this foundation attributed to clogged pores. Then I reused this 2 wks ago. This time, I made sure I cleansed it using my a 3-step cleansing regime. And it worked! So I'm happy to say I'm giving this a "5" cause it really is a good HG foundation. I'm using Bone 01 and I usually wear the lightest or second lightest shade in most brands. UPDATE: I've stopped using this for a year and decided to pull it out of the drawer one day. This time, I yelled "OMIGOD"!! After an hour, this looked like a mask that was starting to crack under my powder. In fact, I had tried every possible way to go light and easy but it still screams thick and gooey. Ok, will avoid this now at all expense. Down my score from "5" to ""1".

on 4/15/2002 1:02:00 PM

I want to love this foundation so bad but I'm afraid that is has been the cause of my breakouts for the past few months. It is simply too thick to let your face breath and just should not be worn on a daily basis. It is so heavy that it has to clog your pores. It does have a pretty finish but that's about it.

on 1/25/2002 11:03:00 AM

I started using this and thought it was the best stuff in the world. Until after about a month of use I broke out like crazy. So I used their recommended makeup remover to get it off. It made matters worse. So I quit using. It gives a great coverage and matte finish. I would continue using this, but I can't because of the breakouts. It definately lives up to it's name. You practically have to scrub it off. And then your lucky to get it off after that. A foundation like this possibly could not be good for ones skin. LUcidty or equalizer would be my next choice. Ezualizer comes in many shades.

on 11/18/2001 11:15:00 PM

Good foundation. Lasted well but not long enough especially if you don't let it "sit" and dry. Colors are good. Would buy again if Lancome was out of my shade!

on 9/23/2001 2:36:00 AM

I love this foundation! I put on a lot of moisturizer before I apply it, then dab the foundation on for just enough coverage. See, it's a heavy foundation in itself, but once blended with moisturizer it looks perfectly natural, and it makes my blotchy skin look flawless! At $27 for a bottle I think the price isn't bad, especially since it lasts for months and you don't need to use that much each day. Love the color selection, too - Sand is perfect for my yellow-toned, pale-ish skin! I'll definitely rebuy this one.

on 9/18/2001 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I originally fell in love with the performance of Estee Lauder's Double Matte foundation, but was unable to find a good shade match, so the SA introduced me to this formula, which is available in lighter shades than Double Matte. Double Wear also gives a nice matte finish and coverage that lasts all day. You do have to blend it rather quickly, because once it sets, it doesn't move. The price is a little steep, so wait for a GWP. Besides, that way you'll probably get a sample tube of that wonderful More Than Mascara (the best thing to happen to lashes).