Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am so angry that this foundation didn't end up working out for me. My skin looked FLAWLESS with it on, and I had about 10 people tell me that. It gave a beautiful radiant finish that looked completely natural, and the coverage was easily buildable without looking cakey. HOWEVER, sensitive skin ladies- watch out. I broke out in an acne-like rash all over my entire face as a result of HD. I kept trying to ignore it because it made my skin look so healthy and great, but my irritation and breakouts just kept getting worse and worse. I would recommend this foundation to anybody that does not have sensitive, acne-prone skin, because it provides such a beautiful finish.

on 11/17/2008 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation. It covers my skin so naturally, even my mom asked me what i did differently the first time i wore it. It covers great, better than any other foundation i've ever tried, high end or drugstore. I use the 8N brush to apply, also from make up forever and love them both. I've spent so much money trying to find a foundation that actually works for me and i think i finally found it. I hope they don't discontinue this ever.

I really like this foundation. It is medium coverage with a natural satin finish. It lasts all on me with or without a primer. I have clear skin but in winter I feel washed out and a little splotchy so I like to even out my complexion with foundation. This did the job just fine. It is a good foundation but I can't say it's any better than Carmindy by Sally Hansen or other similar foundations. The pump tends to pump out a bit too much at a time so you may end up wasting some product. It is also expensive.

I also have to say that it may be harder to find a color match i fyou have neutral skin tone. The lightest shades are quite pink and the few levels are quite beige/yellow. I am an NC 25-30 in winter and NC 30 in summer. I bought 118 which did blend in but had a yellow-ish tinge. I exchanged for 117, which wil be too light in spring/summer but is probably one of the most neutral shades in the line.

update 6/28/09: Love this! I changed from 4 to a 5 rating because it's one of my all time favorite foundations.

on 11/17/2008 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I said this in my last review...but again, not enough bangg for my buck. I used this for about a week and it just didn't give me the flawless look I was promised. I applied it once with a foundation brush, that just made me look straight up caked, I tried the skunk brush and it didn't want to dispurse evenly, then I just went to putting on my face with my fingers then rubbing in with my hands. It was the best method for me, but was messy. I returned this and the powder back to Sephora.

on 11/16/2008 12:02:00 PM

Very good coverage, and nice finish--I really like it, I usually wear Mac foundations, and now I only want to wear this!

on 11/15/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The color selection is awesome, and it honestly have the most natural look and feel compared to every foundation I have ever used. One major turnoff is that it doesn't last very long. I apply it and about 1-2 hours later, I'm already oily and I can see it already faded. Won't be repurchasing.

on 11/15/2008 10:39:00 PM

I have never really been a big fan of MUFE's foundations, so I was a little skeptical when I saw this one. I was impressed with their color selection and decided to try a sample of their golden-y olive shade (#123). This has now become one of my all time favorite foundations, right up there with my Armani LSF. The coverage is medium to heavy, but it feels light weight. The color is a perfect match, which is usually hard to find for my Eurasian skin tone. The price is a bit steep, but it's a good size bottle that will probably last a while.

on 11/12/2008 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I tried this stuff on in sephora and instantly fell in love. It covers very well, blends well, and it's definitely not cakey at all. But I break out so bad within 2 days of wearing it. I broke out all along my cheekline, with these little tiny red splotchy bumps. Not attractive at all =( I really liked this too. I'm not exactly sure what's in it that broke me out, because I've never had this bad of an allergic reaction to foundation ever. So if your skin isn't irritable at all, I'd recommend this. But if you're not sure, don't risk it =(

on 11/11/2008 4:30:00 PM

In my constantly lemming for a foundation, it was finally the turn of the High Definition by Make Up For Ever. The texture is incredibly fluid (some people might say runny, but I think it's an exaggeration) and at first glance you just think it's sheer to light coverage. However this foundation has a lot to show coverage wise and neutralizes red spots from a recent break out without having to resort to concealer and doesn't look caked up. It works wonderfully with the HD loose powder although I prefer it on its own for a semi-satiny finish.

The texture is oil free and oily those of oilier complexions will need to blot to keep the sheen away although you can probably get away with it during the winter weather.

Yet another superb product from Make Up For Ever that will not only I will on myself but it's a welcome addiction to my kit. Will purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: Comes with pump, Good color selections, No breakouts, Lasts all day, Lightweight feel

Cons: You can tell you have foundation on type of look, Need to touch-up even w/ hd powder

Since my run throughs with MAC foundations, I found certain formulas from MAC do not agree with my skin, so I have to shy away from MAC unless its for certain occasions. I've had no probs with this foundation breaking me out. I have worn it 12 hours and still love the feeling of wearing it confidently all day without feeling like a mask! I typically use with in cojunction with the hd powder.

The only downsides of this foundation is in real life and up-close this foundation is noticable.If you want some coverage without overload, then use the MAC 187 brush with fix+. If some of you people out there are conscious of the dewy-look then steer away from this because you'll think your face is a complete grease-pit all day and constantly would have to blot.

Video Reviews & Tutorials