Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been breaking out lately on my cheeks and needed foundation desperately to cover up my acne scars. My skin is extremely oily and acne-prone, and I was terrified to cover my skin with anything extra, but my face needed some help. I did a little research and I was torn between trying MUFE's HD foundation and Mat Velvet. When I asked the salesgirl at Sephora what the biggest difference is between the two, she said that Mat Velvet is more thick and noticable on your face. In other words, people will be able to tell you're wearing makeup. Not my thing, so I opted for the HD, which she said is lighter and blends into your skin more naturally. And blend it does, gorgeously. I've never found a color that matches my skin so perfectly. Lasts a decent amount of time, even on my oily skin. No greasy, mask-like feel; it actually feels like I'm not wearing makeup at all. And so far, no new breakouts. My skin has never looked so even-toned and smooth. A tad pricey, but it works so nicely with my skin, I will probably repurchase.

on 12/21/2008 11:30:00 PM

This is my first review on this site! I have to say I love this foundation dearly. I have a very pale complexion and I was matched to the perfect shade. What I love about this product is that it layers on very well. You can barely tell I am wearing foundation! So I can even wear during the day and not feel like the world sees me wearing a mask, lol. Another great thing about it is I can wear it for HOURS and not get oily. That is amazing for me. Liquid foundations and I usually do not mesh well when it comes to oil. This product wins! Plus it has a pump and I like that. The only downside is I wish you could control how much product comes out. You get more than you really want sometimes. It's a little pricey but I think it's worth trying out. 5 lippies over all! It's the best I'VE had. And I have swam through the seven seas of foundation.

on 12/21/2008 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I think this is a good foundation if you have normal skin and not many imperfections to cover. I've tried this foundation on and off again but the reasons I don't care for it are: the coverage is too sheer for me (some people might like this but I prefer a full coverage), not good for oil control and I also found it emphasized my blemishes and flaky skin if I didn't moisturize extremely well beforehand. Furthermore, it's extremely pricey at $40. I just feel that if I'm going to spend that much on a foundation, it should make my skin look great and it didn't. It made me look like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all. However, my sister and friends adore this foundation (they have perfect skin to begin with and don't have much to cover up at all). This also may have contributed to some clogged pores I've been experiencing lately. I read plenty of other reviews that claimed this foundation was very bad for acne-prone skin. What I did like about it, however, was the variety of colors because my shade matched me perfectly and didn't oxidize. I ended up returning this.

on 12/21/2008 12:25:00 AM

I have been a MakeUp For Ever user for quite sometime now. I've experienced my fair share of foundations too, from the pricier of Dior & Vincent Longo to the everyday of CoverGirl, powders to creams to liquid base, and everything in between, I found that this brand of products, especially their Foundation collection has been the best decision I've stuck with. They have quite an extensive collection of colors to match most skin tones (of course there'll always be a few that don't quite agree) and with their medium cover, I do like the option of being able to layer to my desired shade with having to worry I've put too much on. The medium coverage also gives me the option to not have to wear additional concealer on top. Usually a coat does the trick in hiding most of my face's uneven aspect without feeling as though I've got a ton of make up on my face. One thing I would like to mention is I don't quite understand the "HD" aspect of this particular product but for the price vs. quality aspect of a good foundation, it's got my thumbs up!!!

on 12/19/2008 9:44:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for about a week. I'm normally an nc15 in studio fix fluid (mac) and nc20 in other mac foundations. i got #117. I use a primer (smashbox's photofinish) and MAC's msf natural to set it. i use a skunk brush to apply (MAC's 187).it looks great at first, but by the end of the day (8 hour work days) it seems to melt off my face, and make my skin look all oily/weird. i have dry skin, so maybe thats the problem? not sure. it's a shame, because this foundation is medium buildable coverage and looks great at first! i really liked it besides my problem. i also picked up some mat velvet foundation, i'm going to try that next!

on 12/17/2008 9:44:00 PM

Great colors, perfect match for my fair but yellow undertone skin. Amazing natural finish, almost undetectable with light medium coverage. Love the pump, very higenic and keeps you from wasting product. My current fave!

on 12/17/2008 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this. it covers beautifully. i use one pump and blend in using my fingers. it sets to a slightly powdery (ie non-shiny, non-matte) look. i love the way this looks. it doesn't turn colour even after 8 or so hours.

on 12/17/2008 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to like this foundation. The MA at sephora tried a lot of shades on me and unfortunately, nothing matched. I have warm and cool tones. I also noticed that it made my skin very dry and ashy. I finally tried the mat velvet one and i love it.

on 12/16/2008 6:28:00 PM

I tried this product based on reviews from a lot of online sources. While it gave great coverage, it made my skin itchy and I got a few breakouts. I used it with brushes and sponges, so as long as you don't use too much (3/4 pump worked for me), you won't look chalky or too heavily made up which can happen. I also noticed that it looked a bit gray near the end of the day so the colour may have been a tad too light. While I will never buy this again, I encourage others to give it a try. Just make sure you get it from a store where there's a liberal return policy.

on 12/15/2008 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This is my first review of any product. I have been using mineral foundation for 5 years. I have been having terrible breakouts and could not figure out why. I decided to switch to this foundation after hearing all the reviews. Not even a week and my skin is clearer and smoother and looks flawless. I love it. I will definately buy again.