November 26, 2014 | 1491 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Irishgurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This dried out my skin, and I believe caused it to clog up.
Initially, whilst I was using my sample - it was beautiful...my skin seemed to love it, but within about 2 weeks of use, and ironically after I'd ordered the full jar - my skin screamed no more!

This is lovely when it works, sadly for my combination and super sensitive skin...it didn't.

The colour match was however lovely, and there was no oxidisation throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by KatDan

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried and tried to make this foundation work! I went to sephora and got samples and even bought it twice but ended up returning it both times.

To begin, I have young combo skin, prone to break-outs. My coloring is light with yellow undertones. Shade 120 was a perfect match for me but I also used 118 (similar but with no yellow, more beige) and 127 (a shade darker and a little more orange). This fdtn is best applied lightly otherwise it will look too make-up-y.

So why didn't this work for me? It didn't give a flawless look. It didn't last all day. It emphasized flakiness around my nose + blemishes. It didn't cover blemishes that well at all.

I should add I used this with and without the HD primer (shade 06) as well as the HD Powder and still couldn't get it to work! It also looked awful in photo's: i don't know if it was the ftdn or the powder but I totally got the dreaded white MU face in more than one photo! I also got totally broken out from either the primer, powder, or fdtn.

ENDPOINT: This is did not work for me very sadly (I really wanted it to based on the amazing reviews here). Since so many others love it though I would definitely head to sephora and try it + get a sample!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation was horrible. First of all, it oxidizes like no other on oily skin, given that I was given 3 samples-all 3 oxidized. It does not provide the coverage I was looking for. It broke me out within 24 hours. It becomes a greasy, oily mess. I do not recommend at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was hoping for a lot with all the raves for this foundation but sadly not great for me. The color match is good but that is about it. It doesn't cover at all, my skin looked dull and not amazing. I am going to stick with my Spell Cosmetics mineral foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by jennifer0828

i don't understand how this foundation got such great reviews, i think it's horrible! does not cover anything and made me breakout like crazy. i can't understand all the hype. i am returning it to sephora this week. i won't even get in to the loose powder, that was horrible also. i wil have to go back to clinique, that seems to be the only makeup that works for me

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by filmcrazee

My friend told me about this foundation. I got a sample at Sephora and wasn't sure at first. I was a Mac Studio Tech prior user.
I tested it for a day and loved it. It covered the imperfections, and still looked really quite natural.
I am going to switch from Studio Tech to this now. I even noticed when I washed my face at night, it didn't feel so cakey.
It also goes on much faster and easier (no tugging) than studio tech. I use my mac 187 brush to apply and a little does go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by yg4157

MUFE HD was my first endeavor into liquid foundation. I've used almost every powder foundation on the market, up until now, Clarins was my HG. Well, move over Clarins, MUFE HD has now taken your spot!! MUFE HD photographs well and wears like a dream. I put one pump on the back of my hand and pick up product from there with my MAC 180 brush and blend. The finish is FLAWLESS and dewey all day! I'm a fairly greasy gal, and my definition of a HG product is NO touchups, MUFE HD meets that requirement. At the end of the day I have a "glow" not the "is she going to drip" look I had with Studio Fix. I highly recommend!

If my Clariins was price charming in a pan, then MUFE HD is price charming in a pump! LOVE IT!!

For reference I'm NC30-35 and I was matched to MUFE HD in 155.

Pics:

continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is way more dewy than I like. I prefer a matte finish. I also found that my combo skin would shine through in a matter of just a couple of hours. I think someone with dry or perhaps even mature skin would like this one, but I like a more matte finish. Also, this went on streaky and was hard to blend. I guess I should have gotten the matte velvet. This is going up for swappies.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by venteux

After trying a sample of this foundation, I decided to buy the whole thing. I love it! The coverage is great (and buildable). I have combo, sensitive skin, and have been on the hunt for a fabulous foundation. I think I've found it! I'm hesitant to call it HG because I haven't been using it for very long yet. I used to use mineral powder foundations but then switched back to liquid because of ease of use and portability. I normally like a matte face because my skin gets so shiny, but this isn't matte and I like it anyway! My face has this fabulous, radiant glow about it. All of my friends and family have noticed and commented on my "glow" as well. For reference, I'm an NC35 (Mac), buttered tan or golden medium (EM) and bought this one in #127.
UPDATE: I'm so sad to report that this broke me out. Badly. I've got tons of little bumps on my face, and a lot of pimples (which I never used to get!). I guess the hunt is still on for my HG liquid foundation. For now I'll have to go back to my EM to calm my skin down.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by countesshoney

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I have brown skin. I have vitiligo, pure white spots, not bad vitiligo, but bothersome on my hands and corner of lips and under my nose. I have tried all sorts of foundations, concealers and what have you so I know what works and what just doesn't.

OMG! HD is the BEST! The most amazing thing is it covers my vitiligo on my hand and when I tried to rub it off, it stays!! I did put on mist & fix, also by MUF, but the point is, IT STAYS ON my hands!

If that wasn't enough, on my face it's lovely! It's so natural, I can't believe it. This is remarkably natural looking and it is layerable (is that a word?) I love it and will keep using it!
UPDATE: Not nearly as good as Ben Nye Cake Foundation. I no longer use this product for my special needs. Ben Nye Cake takes the cake! It's the mother of all foundations, the facial colors for brown skin are amazing and with the Final Seal and mixing liquid, it becomes immovable. See my comment under Ben Nye Cake Foundation. Toodleloo!