Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Used it for a week and I could not wait to throw it away...For some reason it actually DRIED my lips and I had to reapply it every 5 minutes.

on 3/5/2007 11:18:00 PM

I don't understand all of these cosmetic companies adding irritating ingredients like peppermint oil to their products, especially ones designed for the lips. This balm made my chapped lips burn even more.

on 3/5/2007 4:22:00 PM

I've tried a lot of lip balms in my days, and this is by far the best i've tried so far. I was using Softlips prior to this, yet they wouldn't really help with my chapped lips [only for the first minute or two after applying it]. Then i came across this yesterday, and bought it. Long after the tingly sensation is gone, my lips still were soft and hydrated. I love it and plan on buying more!

on 3/4/2007 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I fell in love with Burt's bees when I first tried their peppermint foot lotion that my Dad bought for his dry, cracking feet, and I fell in love with the tingle. When my Dad's girlfriend gave me a little tin of this lip balm, I was excited to try it after the good reviews that I've heard in magazines. I love this stuff simply because of the minty tingle it leaves on my lips. Sure, there are more moisturizing formulas out there, but this is a great one anyways because it doesn't leave my lips feeling cakey. It's great for an everyday balm, or under lipstick,since it doesn't budge or make my lipstick thin. If I need more moisture in the winter, I just use it with my Cococare Lip Balm, and I have no problems. The price isn't an issue for me, Because my cute little tin seems to last forever. I hear that Burt's has a new tinted lip balm, and I'm actually dying to try it.

UPDATE: this has actually recently started to make my lipline break out because of the lanolin in it. If anybody has a sensitivity to lanolin, I wouldn't recommend this.

on 3/4/2007 12:13:00 PM

I used to like this - like other reviewers, I liked the tingly sensation but then it dried my lips out after a few minutes. One day my boyfriend bought me a Chapstick Lip Balm (standard black one with white cap) and a BB Lip Balm and had me try one on each side of my lips at the checkout just after purchase. Chapstick won hands down! Try it! It's much smoother and seals moisture in. Huge difference. He has done a lot of camping and has tried different things which is why he was pushing the chapstick.

I really like the tingly feeling on my lips when i put it on, and even though it fades and comes off, it still left my lips moisturized and it didnt dry them out.

on 3/3/2007 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually started getting addicted to this balm for a while, unfortunately it was b/c I HAD to keep reapplying it. The tingling sensation is nice, but I guess manufacturers don't realize that peppermint oil will actually dry out your skin and lips. This is why it doesn't really moisturize. I would try the new honey flavored one b/c beeswax is supposed to be really good for you, but the peppermint oil just dries out my lips and my lips crack when using this for too long.

on 3/2/2007 3:16:00 PM

When I first started using this, I really liked it. I liked the light texture, the tingling pepperminty feeling when I slicked it on, and it seemed to smooth and soothe my lips immediately after I put it on. But, it didn't seem to stay on for a long time, and it's good effects would never last either. During the short time I used it, when I wasn't constantly applying it, my lips would start to crack and bleed. Anyway, I ended up losing it a week or two after I had bought it, and my lips are no longer cracked and bleeding. I'm sure it works great for some, but there was something in it that did not agree with my lips.

on 3/1/2007 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

FREAKIN LOVE THIS!! this is the only chapstick i have ever used religiously for a substantial amount of time. i love it...its so addicting. i buy a tube like every month...and the price is awesome.

on 2/26/2007 10:04:00 PM

Too over rated. I perfer Softlips.. I have to re apply the beeswax way too often since it dries out fast..

Popular Lip Treatments