November 28, 2014 | 880 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2004 3:11:00 PM More reviews by jenniferandroberts

This is just a high priced Maybelline Full & Soft Mascara. It doesn't lengthen or thicken anymore than the popular Maybelline mascara. Don't get me wrong, it's still a really good mascara but it's too much to pay for a mascara that doesn't do anything more than the low-end mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so BAD that I feel jealous that so many MUAers have had such good experience of it. It's a huge tube, full of a thin, watery mascara, that takes about 4 mins to dry (compared with 30-60 secs for the average mascara) and spreads about everywhere while it's doing so. This did NOTHING for my lashes except coat them in a thin layer of black - no curl, no volume, no lengthening, no defining, no nothing. It didn't separate them, it didn't have any clogs (formulation is too thin and runny to have cloggy bits). Weirdly enough after 5 coats (yes, honestly, 5, FIVE coats) it still didn't make a difference AT ALL to my lashes. It's so expensive too - why hasn't this worked for me? I've tried mascara's from Rimmel that do better than this. This isn't even good enough for a natural look. Spend your money elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2004 8:16:00 PM More reviews by katstuck

Brilliant product! I am throwing out all of my other mascaras, and believe me, I have tried LOADS of them. Worth every cent of it's $18USD price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2004 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyBebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE this mascara! I have natural long lashes but they need some plump to them this w/just one coat gave me bat worthy lashes, I was a bit scared of the HUGE wand but it was very easy to use! I love this mascara & chances are it will become my new HG. I would like to add there was no clumping it kept my lashes curled,did not smudge & kept them separated & lovely all day long!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2004 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Yakkoooew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this one night at the BeneFit counter with one of their extra mascara wands, and-- my goodness-- I HAD to have Bad Gal!!! 2 or 3 coats of my usual mascara paled in comparison to just ONE coat of this stuff! I cringed at the $18 price tag, but the tube is so huge that there has to be at least double the product of my Almay mascaras in it. Yes, the comically giant, fat wand is scary-- ladies, definitely put this mascara on before your undereye concealer if you coat your lower lashes-- but I occasionally get the product in my eyes and it doesn't even bother me.. surprising for a product that is so potent and long-wearing. (After a shower with this mascara on, my cheeks have loooong black streaks on them, haha!) One coat of this is perfect for daytime; two or more coats looks so glam and plush! There does seem to be some undereye smudging, but I can blend that in with my eyeliner I guess. The only other problem I have is that I get mascara on the outer corner of my eyes while applying this, especially when I am in a rush (oops). Nonetheless, after using Bad Gal, I don't think I could go back to using any other black mascara. I wish BeneFit would also make a dark brown version of this mascara. What a unique product with fun packaging!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 1:31:00 PM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Been using this very happily for about a month now. YSL Faux Cils was my prior favorite but I tend to have a heavy hand when it comes to make-up and had a hard time sticking to the one coat limit for YSL. When I read on Spehora.com to apply 3 coats of Bad Gal, I knew I had to try it. Any mascara that instructs you to use 3 coats excites me!

Yes, the brush is huge but in no way does it limit the application process. I do wipe the wand once with a paper towel before applying since it can hold so much product.

This goes on easily and NEVER flakes on me. My lashes look long and lush. I usually have to clean up smudges under my eye sometime during the day but I'm not sure if it's my eyeliner from my inner rim or the Bad Gal. I did fall alseep with this once and it was all over, which never happened to me before. So I'm undecided about it's smudging potential and gave it 4 lippies. UPDATE: Had to bring this down to 3 lippies because it was drying out my lashes. Plus I changed to would not buy this again because there are less expensive equal options.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2004 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Joey_is_Me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only used this once, but here's what I think of it. It gives me beautifully full lashes and very long! I looked so glam or should i say bad?!? I looked like I had fake lashes! Amazing. I used my She Laq on it so it shouldn't have smudged, but I noticed something smudged...It might have been my black eye shadow becasue I don't use She Laq on my eye lids. I would definetly rebuy even at $25 cdn a pop!

Update: After using this mascara a few times, I noticed that it does smudge even when I'm wearing She Laq over it. But it would smudge more without she laq...but still...I like how it makes my lashes look full and long.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2004 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ChanelX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally got bad gal after searching everywhere the whole of the uk was sold out. I absolutely love it, it made my lashes lovely and thick and I love the fat brush. It seems a bigger size than most mascaras as well. Would definatly buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2003 10:42:00 PM More reviews by minithemeezer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. It feels very soft on the lashes, doesn't flake and can be layered for thicker nighttime lashes. Excellent product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2003 3:41:00 PM More reviews by LovingMe830

It's a GOOD, not great product- It can smudge fairly easily- so be careful w/application- It does produce nice thick, long lashes with 2 coats- But so do Many other Drug store brands, for less than half price-
UPDATE: I haveLowered my rating, I realize that this smudgy mascara ALSO makes my eyes tear something awful- I threw it out today- Renamed- Bad Stuff!