July 22, 2014 | 2413 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2005 6:14:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

If it weren't for the packaging - regular narrow neck bottle - no pump, but should have one, and the rather expensive price, i would give this 5 stars - but nonetheless, this is an excellent foundation! actually, i guess worth the price as i've found nothing like it in terms of color matching and quality, and it really does stay in place all day! I use a baby wipe with clinque or neutrogena's makeup remover to get the makeup off completely, otherwise you scrub all day with a wash cloth. The makeup remover makes it much easier to get off. and then finish off with my regular foaming cleanser to get off the residue. The finish is soft matte, and retards breakthru shine. I have this right now in Pebble which is a neutral light medium, though they catorgize it as cool. No pink in it, just not yellow either. I also have it in Ecru, very light for my palest winter days. You really have a color for every color you turn, i'd say! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Fulltiltredhead

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dusk matches my skin perfectly, and this formula covers everything. I have extremely oily skin and all the foundations I could find slid right off of my face within an hour or two, and worse, my nose shone like Rudolph's. DWs matte finish lets me put light effects where I want them, rather than have glisteney skin all over, and I really like having that control over highlights. I don't use moisturizer under it. I put it on very clean, well-exfoliated skin, and it looks great and lasts all day without smudging or budging. I had some shine at the end of 9 hours, and used a blotter paper. I didn't have to powder all day. I think it's amazing makeup. And I do like it in the eye area as well - great for use as a shadow base and under-eye concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2005 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Holisticmassage

I liked this foundation when I first put it on because the great coverage and fresh look when applied, however by the end of the day my face looked oily, pores seemed larger and I also broke out from it. The spf also made my face look almost ghostlike in photos.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2005 5:53:00 PM More reviews by lizzyd220

I went to the Estee Lauder counter wanting to buy the Futurist foundation b/c of the great reviews on MUA. Was sold into getting this instead b/c apparently the Futurist is for older skin and I am only 20. I loved the way it looked on me in the store. I was looking for a medium-heavy coverage foundation and thats what I got. It lasts and lasts. HOWEVER on about day four or so my skin finally cought up with me and this stuff made me breakout so badly! It made my skin oily and I'm usually pretty neutral in oil. In the store it loked fairly matte, but after using it for a few days I found otherwise. Not a foundation for the oily skinned, that's for sure! I checked the ingredients out after the fact and it is completley comedogenic, despite what's advertised. Finally three weeks later my skin is going back to normal. Now I'm using Max Factor Pan-Stick. Very few ingredients, all of which are ACTUALLY non-comedogenic. And much much cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2005 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Angela4508

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for a makeup that can stand up to my oily skin and humidity. I sweat very easily, humidity or not, and this stuff stays put.

For some people a light moisturizer or something like idealist would be wonderful underneath.

You have to put this on in sections and blend well. You can use fingers, sponge or a foundation brush. Blend well, let sit for a minute or two before you put on anything else including powder. It has to "bond" with your skin. I truly feel if you feel like this is a mask, you aren't putting it on correctly.

I personally take a powder brush and sweep it over my double matte pressed powder and I am flawless. This stuff covers everything. Even undereye circles.

I got a sample in Fresco, perfect color match, and wore it one day to work where I worked up a decent sweat. A couple of hours later I blotted, swept on some powder, lipstick and I was good to go for a few more hours. I was very pleased.

My only complaint? I wish it would be in a pump. A little hard to get out sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2005 2:10:00 PM More reviews by vidya22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried so many different brands of foundation. My biggest issue was makeup meltdown in the hot, humid summer months.

My experience with Estee Lauder's Double Wear have been excellent. It's 95 degrees outside and I'm in makeup and confident.

The trick is to use a very light or no moisturizer with this foundation. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly.Instantly, my blemishes were covered, no need for concealer. It dries to a matte finish, no need for a powder. The only other thing I use with this is blush and I'm good to go.

I also wear this to the gym, does not budge with sweat and looks like I'm wearing nothing.

Washing off this product is tricky. A toner is definitely required to get the excess off or it would lead to clogged pores.

I am very happy with this foundation. I wear it alone, it doesn't look fake or cakey. It stays on, no need to touch up. Great wear for the summer months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Double Wear's medium-full coverage and blendability make it just great for a spot and undereye concealer as well as a foundation. I'd give it a 5 for that special purpose alone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2005 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

It makes my face look smooth when I put it on(except on the cheek where my open pores were maginfied!). But when I smile, my face feels tight and it also looks as if my face is cracking, especially at the cheek area. Had use it only twice, & I have no intention of using it again!!!

Update: 6 mths down- I decided to give this 1 more try since I paid quite a lot for this...I got much worse results this time round: It sort of magnified the tiny bumps on my face, highlighted the blackheads on my nose like no other foundation has ever done & the worse of all, made my skin turn ORANGE(& no other foundation has done this!!). So I have decided to take of 1 lippie...

2nd update: a year over on- I'm back to wearing heavier foundations again and wanted to give this another try. Now, I use a silicon primer so my large pores are concealed and the foundation doesn't sink in, but blending is a baaad. I just can't seem to blend it in well, it looks heavy on my T zone and cheeks, except for the side of my cheeks where it looks good, but then, that part of my face is relatively clear itself so of course the foundation would look good. Am still displeased with the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2005 12:43:00 AM More reviews by monicako

I got sick of make up slipping off my face at the end of the day. Too much silicone in the dewy variants. Apart from the bad colour range, i think this stuff is pretty good!
Covers up all the bits you want covered, without looking like a big mask.
It's thin so it won't sit in creases and it dries fast, but blends pretty well.
I don't know if it clogs pores more because it dries. It doesn't dry the skin... but under light i do seem a little matte looking. I know it's a matte finish. Still! does well for itself and even works well with face creams and sunscreens. Still think that it could be a pump pack! Hate shaking the heck out of a bottle when i gotta run out the door!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2005 7:21:00 PM More reviews by tracie2

I've worn this on bad skin days for years and recently went to repurchase. If you have not bought this in a while- it's changed. The formula is different, slicker and not as long lasting- and I think the colors have changed, but for the better. This is still my go to for full coverage.