January 26, 2015 | 1481 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2003 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tamstrat

I really love this foundation. It goes on smoothly and truly does last all day long. It has a matte finish and provides excellent coverage. If you want a sheer, light foundation, this would not be the foundation for you. I highly recommend if you want a long wearing, medium coverage, matte finish to your foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2003 12:12:00 PM More reviews by MAClovah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives fantastic coverage, and doesn't slide off my face 4 hours after being applied in a hot, humid summer like most foundations do. I agree that the colour selection is quite limited, but i was lucky to find a good match in Bone. The staying power is amazing; even my husband complimented my skin when i first tried it, and he saw it 14 hours after application! I don't have to use concealer when i wear this, and just a small amount gives great coverage when applied with a foundation brush. I will probably not use it in the winter when my skin is much drier, but until then, this is my new favourite foundation! yay!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 2:31:00 AM More reviews by casperdiesel93

This foundation does give a good coverage but is very mask-like. It does seep into all your pores and fine lines. I am thirty two and find that the foundation is quite aging.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2003 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lipglossgirl333

My skin is very pale and estee Lauder did not have any shades light enough. It did stay put but it was kind of mask-like and did bother my skin some.overall it was okay but not the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2003 6:59:00 PM More reviews by laceybwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is beautiful. It truly is. It glides on beautifully - not a stiff matte, but not creamy either. It makes my skin looks flawless and lasts a long time, BUT I think it may encourage my breakouts just a little. Overall, I will buy it again because I have never been able to find a foundation that looks as beautiful as this one. I'm looking, though...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2003 6:16:00 PM More reviews by JillyT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm quite the philanderer when it comes to foundation but I always come back to Double Wear. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones and found a perfect color match (Shell). Not only does this foundation last ALL day but it looks completely natural while giving great coverage. This is one of the only foundations that does not look mask-y on me. I have normal-dry skin that is *not* breakout prone. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2003 4:47:00 PM More reviews by HoMeSkillet8212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This covers so nicely and leaves such a natural finish! It lasts a very long time also..and its NOT hard to wash off! I use cetaphil with a warm washrag and all of it comes off. My only complaints are its not very good for very dry skin because my skin is peeling right now and it sticks to all of the patches, and the color selections aren't that great...but luckily the color Shell matches me very nicely in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Ciji63

If you want coverage - this is unbeatable. It does set quickly so don't take your sweet time putting it on. It doesn't come off and will last all day (as in 12-16 hours!!!). You will need a good cleanser - I use Cetaphyl. Whenever I wear this foundation, I am always complimented on how good my skin looks. Something that I don't get from using others. Only complaint if any, it is thick and I really prefer not using it during the summer when you want to be more bare and natural - I prefer a more tinted type moisturizer then. I use warm sand and it is a perfect match for my pale yellowish skin. Believe me, it will cover everything without looking mask-like. Not for the weak.......ha!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2003 1:44:00 PM More reviews by zoemarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a staple I buy again and again. Double wear has medium to full coverage. It stays in place all day. I get compliments on my skin and it is really a compliment for this product. One caution: When you apply, do a part of your face at a time and blend, blend. Once the product has set, that's it. So if you left a streak, a streak will stay.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2003 1:14:00 PM More reviews by suziew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have combi/oily skin which tends to break out at times, so I prefer a fuller coverage foundation. This foundation provides excellent coverage without looking like a mask. If you apply is straight after moisteriser it blends really well and gives a really nice satin finish. It probably wouldn't work well on dryer skins, but for my skin it really controls shine and oil, so I also find I get fewer spots. The only thing I don't like is the packaging which can get a little messy, but I would definately buy again