August 23, 2014 | 1373 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2006 12:33:00 PM More reviews by thebestjess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff definitely stays like it promises. i was actually very impressed with the fact that it stayed matte on my oily face for about 4 hours which is a miracle. it gets such a low rating because it broke me out severely on my forehead within one week of using it, although it claims to be non pore-clogging. also, there are no shades for yellow-toned or super warm women, so get samples before buying because i never ended up finding even a close shade match.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2006 7:44:00 PM More reviews by rannia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this foundation because it feels hard and unnatural, like you've got some king of building material on your face. Also i don't like the finish, it's not matte, and the fact that it looks like you're wearing no makeup. I like loooking slightly made up. The notice 'keep away from eyes' is scary too.. EDITING: Another big problem was that i got a shade darker than i should because the light shades were sold out i guess.
Also the finish is indeed matte but not powdery as i like it to be. Anyway, it's not for dry skinned people that's the problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Feels heavy and oily on my face, oxidizes horribly. Has no staying power what so ever. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by AshleyBrooke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. Not HG material, but it covers well and the color matches me perfectly (thanks to the MA at Nordstrom!) Anyway, now that its winter, it doesn't suit my skin color so i have drifted to different brands and found that i'm not CRAVING my Double Wear. Not too sure if i'll buy again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2005 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Beautiful_But_Dorky

Alright... I'm writing another review for this foundation because my opinion of it has changed slightly over the eight months or so I've been using it. First, let me say that I still love the easy shade selection... It's the first foundation I've ever had that actually seems to match the complicated undertones of my ultra-fair skin. :) A definite plus. However, where it seemed natural to me before, it now sometimes seems cakey and drying. I have combination skin, and this stuff never bothered me at all before. In fact, I used to love when it would "thin out" a bit later in the day because it seemed smoother and more natural. The problem is that I'm pretty sure it's changed the moisture of my face... I find that my chin and the tip of my nose are waaay too dry-looking. I've tried to compensate by changing moisturizers and making sure I put some on before applying my makeup, but I don't think it's helped too much. In the end, I'd say that this product is most effective when used sparingly.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2005 11:55:00 PM More reviews by mistyprochaska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation provided truly matte, beautiful full coverage. It looked better on than any foundation I have ever used. Sadly, it also made my skin brek out quickly and severly. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2005 4:57:00 AM More reviews by jcyumm

(+) great coverage. especially for t-zone.
(+) it will last all day & night. i might have to powder my nose mid-day to remove any shine. but foundation still stays.

(-) color matching. i never can get this right, even with the help of multiple estee lauder makeup consultants. currently i'm matched because my foundation is a 1/2 shade paler than my overall skin. then i apply 1/2 shade darker pressed powder w/ Smashbox powder brush.

(tips) i actually use LM primer and apply this foundation w/ Smashbox foundation brush to ensure clean even application. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2005 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Ashley88

my god its true what the other posters said about it making your face look like its cracking when you smile. would make a perfect foundation for the body and wouldnt rub off on clothes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2005 8:18:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

This is by far the best foundation for my very oily skin (I come from a Mediterranean background), and have been using it for several years since the discontinuation of Estee Lauder's Double Matte foundation, which had even more oil control. I have tried several other brands in the process, but have always come back to this one. Although my face still becomes a bit of an oil slick during the day, most of the foundation still manages to stay on and keep the blotchy red patches on my face fairly much covered.
The only issues I have had with this foundation is colour, as many others have mentioned, as the lightest colour is still a bit dark for me, so i have to blend very well and set with a very light powder. It's worth it for the staying power and oil control though!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by laceymeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

this foundation is great for it's staying power! i had it on for over 16 hours and it didn't budge one bit. the bad thing is that it made me break out very badly. one good point is that it felt considerably light on the skin for being a heavy foundation. as mentioned by other reviewers, finding a very light shade that matches well is difficult. i tried linen (i'm nc15) and it looked good at first but later it seemed too dark. it didn't seem to dry out my already dry skin but it did emphasize my flakes. i would not reccomend buying this product without getting a sample first.