September 1, 2014 | 1225 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by spoopty

I like it. It makes my face feel smooth, it is not cakey, and I think it wears for quite a long time. Coverage is pretty good too.

I've tried it with the HD green correcting primer underneath and it helps a little with redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by USCfashionista

For me, the most important makeup item is foundation. I think having the right foundation color and finish is what brings out the rest of your makeup and make people comment on your great "skin". I have tried many foundations, even the MUFE F & B and MUFE Mat Velvet +. Well I am so happy to announce that I have found my HG foundation. This foundation formula is perfect for my needs. It provides a medium to full coverage. With this foundation, I do not find the need to apply concealor, it makes my skin flawless with just ONE pump.
I am a NC 35-40 and use MUFE HD shade #128. What I recommend everyone who tries this foundation to do is, get a sample first.
I am so in love with this foundation, it never looks cakey, and blends into my skin smoothly.
How I apply my foundation: I tried using my MAC 187 brush to apply this foundation, but it takes a while to stipple it on my face. The 187 also made this foundation's coverage sheer, which I didn't like. I NEED heavy coverage! I saw Kim Kardashin's video on her site of how her makeup artist uses the MAC 180 brush with this foundation. OMG! The buffer brush is so easy to use with MUFE HD! It only takes a few seconds for me to blend this on my face. I only need to use ONE pump for that flawless finish. It provides a matte finish with a dewy glow. The dewy glow looks very natural which I love, because with my combo-oily skin dewiness can make me like sweaty. I am usually on the makeup board and many people rave about MUFE HD, but I am surprise that not many people have written reviews for it. For those of you who are using MUFE F&B or MUFE Mat Velvet +, I urge you to try MUFE HD. I have tried all the MAC foundations and there is nothing compared to MUFE HD. It looks so much better and more natural than any other foundation!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I previously used mineral makeup but wanted to switch back to liquid foundation after hearing great reviews from friends about MUFE. HD foundation is also hydrating! Since using this my skin feels so smooth and soft even after I take off my makeup.

I thought it might be helpful to write what MUFE HD states on the box. I truly believe that this foundation lives up to all its claims! I love the hydration it gives me!

" The HD range includes complexion products designed for the new needs of high definition image using very fine ingredients for an invisible, natural make-up finish. HD foundation combines flawless coverage and an extremely natural finish. The Sericite contained in HD foundation heightens the diffusion of light and intensifies the glow of the skin. Enriched with Relipidium, HD foundation moisturizes* (+46%**) and prepares the skin for make-up. Its unusually smooth and elastic texture makes it easy to apply and a pleasure to wear. Skin texture is refined to give a very natural complexion. Dermatologist-tested. Oil-free.
*Moisturizes the upper layers of the skin
**Tested 4 hours after application of the product. "

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the formula is thin there are two horrific things wrong that: its thin so it streaks, and provides patchy coverage, so your face looks bad in pictures. No kidding, , color came close to matching me (155) but they dont have a color of my skintone, i'm inbetween colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sadly, if you are a 15 or lighter in the velvet foundation, the lightest in this range is 110 porcelain pink. It won't match your skin color. I applied it @ Sephora, on the back of my hand. It was too dang peachy and dark. It was a nice coverage, but it didn't match me whatsoever. They need a truly light foundation for the lighter skinned girls out there. They do have a far better range for medium-dark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the most amazing foundation ever! I have searched for my HG foundation for almost 2 decades. High end, low end, middle, mineral, powder, cream, liquid, spray on, you name it I've tried it!
The coverage is medium but can be built up for more coverage. The finish is dewy. I am oily so I do use a good mattifying primer and I set with a 100% pure silica powder (NOT MUFE, check my revew on this product) and the result is dewy, natural and gorgeous!! I have a few fine lines, this does not settle in them and I have not broken out from this wonder liquid either. It does have silicones so be sure to remove with an oil cleanser and your skin will be fine. It photographs beautifully and I have gotten a lot of compliments since I started wearing this, "Your skin looks glowy", "Did you do something different? your face is so radiant".
Application: The way I apply is I put 2-3 pumps onto a CD or the back of a plastic container of some sort. I dampen my kabuki and lightly dip into the foundation, apply in a stippling motion and then swirl to blend. I do just a little of my face at a time. Where I need more coverage I stipple on more with my skunk brush. Voila! Perfect, dewy and radiant!
EDIT 11/11/08 - I tried this with the SK Skunk Brush and it is sooooo much better!!

74 out of 76 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by munchlaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation! It feels light (unlike mat velvet and other MUFE foundations), but has enough coverage to cover any redness or imperfections I might have.
I use one squirt, spot apply it with my fingers, and then blend with a powder brush. It gives me a nice airbrushed look that's not entirely matte, and not entirely dewy, just a very natural finish.
The color selection is pretty nice, and it's one of the few brands that's got light warm undertone foundations as well as cool ones. As with almost all MUFE foundations, if you have a darker skin tone you should have no trouble finding a shade that matches.

I'm 117 (warm/light), if it helps at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by roxxylynn

I really loved the way this foundation looked on my skin ......but after about 3 days my face looked like a mountain range .......bumps everywhere .....this has something in it that really set my skin off ( talc, mica ??....sephora/ingredients.....not good for some with acne /prone skin )

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. Previously to this, I was using LM Oil Free liquid foundation. The reason that attracted me first to MUFE HD was the fact that it was camara friendly. I live in LA and am a working actor, so I needed something that I could wear all the time without appearing like a ghost.

Another aspect that I loved is the selection of colors. I like that when I go into Sephora, below the foundation display is a poster board of different women wearing the foundation, which helped me to select the best shade possible. Shade 120 (which featured an Asian), is my best match because it is more yellow toned and for light-medium skin tones.

This foundation at first glance looks like it'll come out really thick, but that is not the case. ONE PUMP is enough of the whole face, if you're using 2 or more pumps, then you're wearing too much of this stuff. I put one pump on the back of my hand and then spot apply on my forehead, nose, each cheek and chin, and then I blend.

This foundation doesn't cover everything, but I have noticed that it helps to blur imperfections so that you or anyone else doesn't notice them as easily.

The creamy consistency of this foundation also makes it easy to blend (unlike LM Oil Free liquid, which has a drier blending process).

This is a definate repurchase for me, even though with one pump a day, i'm sure this will last me AT LEAST 6 months (probably more).

For reference I wore LM Oil Free Liquid in Sandy Beige, Nars Barcelona, MAC NC30, and now MUFE HD in 120.

ONE OF THE BEST! HG Status! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Kizzes

I got this as a sample. My color is #125 and this foundation gives you a dewy soft look. Blends easily, isn't thick which gives you a nice comfortable feeling. It really makes u look fresh.

Might get the full size one but am going to try the Lift Liquid foundation first to compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by genabobena

[For reference, I'm NC 35-40, HD 155]
After using this foundation for almost 2 months, I think it's safe to say this is now my HG! I have the epitome of combination skin (not only am I oily & acne-prone, but I'm on RAM which has caused severe redness, dryness, & flaky patches). This is wonderful; I love that it's medium to full coverage & masks my flaws but it is not heavy, thick or cakey whatsoever. I also love that it's not matte. Even though I can be oily, I don't like the completely matte finishes of most medium/full coverage foundations. And the best news, even though I'm acne prone, this hasn't caused any new breakouts! I also like to packaging, I do prefer my foundations w/a pump since it's more hygenic, the product lasts longer b/c it's not exposed to air & bacteria, & I find I waste less product (just 2 pumps covers my entire face). I will definitely buy this again!