August 2, 2014 | 1594 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I've bought 3 bottles of this over the past few yrs- not because I ran out, but bcuz in all my moving, I kept misplacing them! This is a very good product. For summer, a little blob mixed into my tinted moisturizer looks beautiful. The 'C' shape highlighting technique is also good. For people who found this too obvious for their taste, Lorac's luminizing powder looks more natural 'glowing from within'-- or u could apply high beam , then face powder- it will give a more subtle effect. Another more subtle liquid version of this is Boots No 7's beauty balm a.k.a instant radiance eclat. I use all of these in turn, depending on the effect I'm going for. High beam is getting more use in summer, in winter and fall, the other two work better for me.
By the way, if you are on a budget, an iridescent (finely milled shimmer) eyeshadow swept onto cheekbones/down center of nose, with a fan brush, will give the same effect! In fact, someone gave me Dior Amber Diamond and I realized it gave basically the same look as the eyeshadow technique! what I'm trying to say is that High Beam is not a must-have by any means. It's nice to have but honestly depending on the effect you're going for, you might find the above options better for you, or maybe smthin' else. In terms of blendability, mixing a drop into foundation works best for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Sintrap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a small size of this in my Benefit Finding Mr. Bright value set, and it's my favourite thing in it! I have tried other highlighters and they don't work the same as this one. I liked it mostly because of the colour of it and the sheen, but there are a lot of things i don't like:

-It takes a bit of work to blend it in
-You have to blend it in right away otherwise it will stay a streak on your face
-The packaging isn't the best because you can contaminate the product if you apply it directly to your face, but that can be fixed by putting it on the back of your hand, then dab it on your face with your fingers.

I don't think I'll be re-purchasing it again or any other benefit cosmetics for that matter as it's unsure if their products/ingredients are tested on animals and there's a lot of bad stuff in it like parabens, etc.

If you don't care for anything like that, you should try it! but I really recommend getting the kit to see vs. buying the full priced one to save you money as the full size one is expensive and not everyone may like it. The small one in the kit has lasted me a very long time, I haven't even used it all up since i've got it sometime early this year, and i've used it quite a bit.

ALSO, i have acne-prone skin and I didn't notice an increase in pimples or whiteheads in the areas I used it so I'm pretty sure it didn't break me out, but I would be cautious of using this product if you are acne prone as acne-prone skin tends to be oily and this is a liquid, it may not last long on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by thoughtsofasadcloud

This is my all-time favorite highlighter. This is weird because I actually hated this product until a couple weeks ago. I thought that it was too liquid-y and it was weird to blend on my face, but my thoughts changed completely when I discovered the right way to apply it!

I used to just dab it on with my fingers, but it smeared around too much and ruined my face makeup. But now, I dab some on my hand from the brush, and use the MAC 109 brush to stipple it onto my cheekbones. It applies so light but is more opaque that if you just smear it on your skin. Whatever is leftover, I stipple some onto my chin and nosebridge. I absolutely love it! It makes me look very fresh and glowy, and lasts all day long.

If anyone is disappointed with this product, I highly suggest stippling on a thin layer of it with a dense stippling brush. it will make a world of difference!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Too greasy & It doesn't even show up on my skin.
PASS

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by 09MissAbbie

Positives:
+ Amazing subtle sheen on my brow bone, cupids bow and cheekbones but not offensively glittery
+ Pinky undertones suit my fair skin
+ Lasts for ever!
+ Easy to apply and blend with fingers

Negatives:
- A bit overpriced for the amount you get

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

this doesn't show up on me, and I really don't like that it rubs off whatever makeup I have underneath it. It clogs my pores and just doesn't work the best for me. I prefer a powder highlighter I think. Maybe I will mix it in with foundation or something and try it that way

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by BriannaGill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I recently bought this and at macys, i was really excited to get it cause I've had my eye on it for a while now and we don't have a sephora in town so once I went out of my way to get it I had I to even tho it is $26 for the little bottle I can imagine this lastin me a really long time ... Overall I really love it ! It's something good when your foundation just feels like the same thing everyday and you wanna add a little more, this is perfect. I'm definitely happy I found this . Some say it's to shimmery but you gotta play with it .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I got this in a benefit sample set and overall I would have to say that I am pretty pleased with it. The color is nice and I think it would probably look good on just about every skin tone. I mostly use it to highlight above my brow bone and it works well for that, I just have to apply it before the eyeshadow for a better blending effect. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the applicator, it's like a nail polish brush, and I would prefer an applicator that is more like a lip gloss applicator.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by maddie1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product is ok, but for the price, I was expecting something spectacular! It's pretty when applied, a nice shimmery light pink- highights like it should. But I find it fades within a few hours. I like the consistency of the product and I'm sure would work for all skin types. I'm just not blown away, but it's worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by OfficialMS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've got this product in a small sample size that came in the Mr. Bright! Kit that was given to me as a gift from my mom. After the first use, I went back the next day and bought the full size at Sephora. There was a 25% off discount of all make-up so the price was less expensive as the original price. I would buy this highlighter again because it gaves you such a nice glow. A healthy glow that I like haha.