August 22, 2014 | 1803 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by tansy19

This stuff gives me the most angelic, dewy, gorgeous glow ever! I wish I had tried this stuff sooner! This will forever be a staple! And I actually like the nail polish packaging. It makes it easy to just dot on and blend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by GreenGables

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't even show up on my skin. I mean not at all. I can layer it on and still nothing. No shimmer. No highlighting. Totally worthless.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by AllisonTaylor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never actually bought the full size of this product because i am a huge BeneFit kit junkie and a sample size of high beam always comes in one of the kits. It's really small, but i have a few so they last me a long time.

So High Beam for me is a natural, glowly look in a small container (is that what you would call it?). I have really fair skin and and just a stroke of this o my cheekbones, one on my nose and one on my chin gives me a healthy glow. I don't feel the need to wear lots of shiny things on my face like glittery eyeshadow, blush or lipgloss because this gives me all the shine i need. It also stays on me very long and it gives me that glow for the rest of the day. I feel like you get your money's worth with this product. I will be purchasing a full size very soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Marrrjjjii

This was the first highlighter I tried, I apply it using my fingers! I love the effect it has, I have quite pale skin so I can use it with just my moisturiser sometimes it still gives off a smooth effect! It shows up really nicely and doesn't make my skin shiny or look oily at all! Love it however I will not buy it again as I still prefer my mac soft and gentle!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Adeline92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The woman at sephora told me that I am pale enough to just mix a bit of this in with my moisturizer so that's exactly what I do and I LOVE it!! It gives me a glow that is not too pink and still shows through my foundation. My only wishes are a lower price and perhaps a squeeze tube instead of the nail polish like applicator?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This product is okay but not for me.This is a baby pink extremely glittery highlighter.I think on skin darker than mine I have pretty pale skin and to me this just blends out into glitter which expands to becomes glittery cheeks and not just a highlight.If this had a color as well as the glitter it would be a good highlighter but not on the pale skin.

\If you are unsure get the mini you get alot of product and this will better tell you whether you like them much more than playing around with in in sephora.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have loved this highlighter for years, I just HATE the packaging. If this came in some other form I would love it even more, but the nail polish style container of this is bothersome. It leaks, products crusts around the edges, no matter how careful you are, and the brush just seems so pointless to me. But the colour and finish of the product itself looks great on my hair complexion, it really gives a beautiful glow to my skin. But it is very pink, so it may not be as flattering with people who have a more warm or darker skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I've bought 3 bottles of this over the past few yrs- not because I ran out, but bcuz in all my moving, I kept misplacing them! This is a very good product. For summer, a little blob mixed into my tinted moisturizer looks beautiful. The 'C' shape highlighting technique is also good. For people who found this too obvious for their taste, Lorac's luminizing powder looks more natural 'glowing from within'-- or u could apply high beam , then face powder- it will give a more subtle effect. Another more subtle liquid version of this is Boots No 7's beauty balm a.k.a instant radiance eclat. I use all of these in turn, depending on the effect I'm going for. High beam is getting more use in summer, in winter and fall, the other two work better for me.
By the way, if you are on a budget, an iridescent (finely milled shimmer) eyeshadow swept onto cheekbones/down center of nose, with a fan brush, will give the same effect! In fact, someone gave me Dior Amber Diamond and I realized it gave basically the same look as the eyeshadow technique! what I'm trying to say is that High Beam is not a must-have by any means. It's nice to have but honestly depending on the effect you're going for, you might find the above options better for you, or maybe smthin' else. In terms of blendability, mixing a drop into foundation works best for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Sintrap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a small size of this in my Benefit Finding Mr. Bright value set, and it's my favourite thing in it! I have tried other highlighters and they don't work the same as this one. I liked it mostly because of the colour of it and the sheen, but there are a lot of things i don't like:

-It takes a bit of work to blend it in
-You have to blend it in right away otherwise it will stay a streak on your face
-The packaging isn't the best because you can contaminate the product if you apply it directly to your face, but that can be fixed by putting it on the back of your hand, then dab it on your face with your fingers.

I don't think I'll be re-purchasing it again or any other benefit cosmetics for that matter as it's unsure if their products/ingredients are tested on animals and there's a lot of bad stuff in it like parabens, etc.

If you don't care for anything like that, you should try it! but I really recommend getting the kit to see vs. buying the full priced one to save you money as the full size one is expensive and not everyone may like it. The small one in the kit has lasted me a very long time, I haven't even used it all up since i've got it sometime early this year, and i've used it quite a bit.

ALSO, i have acne-prone skin and I didn't notice an increase in pimples or whiteheads in the areas I used it so I'm pretty sure it didn't break me out, but I would be cautious of using this product if you are acne prone as acne-prone skin tends to be oily and this is a liquid, it may not last long on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by thoughtsofasadcloud

This is my all-time favorite highlighter. This is weird because I actually hated this product until a couple weeks ago. I thought that it was too liquid-y and it was weird to blend on my face, but my thoughts changed completely when I discovered the right way to apply it!

I used to just dab it on with my fingers, but it smeared around too much and ruined my face makeup. But now, I dab some on my hand from the brush, and use the MAC 109 brush to stipple it onto my cheekbones. It applies so light but is more opaque that if you just smear it on your skin. Whatever is leftover, I stipple some onto my chin and nosebridge. I absolutely love it! It makes me look very fresh and glowy, and lasts all day long.

If anyone is disappointed with this product, I highly suggest stippling on a thin layer of it with a dense stippling brush. it will make a world of difference!