October 23, 2014 | 1907 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Sta1cee

I've never incorporated a highlighter into my makeup routine before since everything I tried was too shimmery for my liking. Now, I feel incomplete unless I have High Beam on.

I heard about High Beam for such a long time (who hasn't) but the price tag kept me away from making the purchase. Well, while shopping at Sephora, I found Full Glam Ahead! kit for $12. It has travel-sized High Beam, Stay Don't Stray, and BadGal Lash Mascara. Bought it and couldn't be happier. High Beam is a perfect pinkish high lighter that doesn't look like you put glitter all over yourself and adds gentle radiance to your face. It's easy to apply and is very blendable. You only need to use a small amount so the travel size will last a good full year...if not more.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the price. I think it's far too steep, especially if you consider the fact that there are dupes out there and other great high lighters for a much smaller price.

So I would recommend trying this product in a kit but I don't think the price for a full-sized product is justified unless cost is not an issue for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by kikibeesquirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Generally I wouldn't be interested in trying a product like this. To my surprise, I love it! I would recommend putting some on your finger then mixing your foundation with it for an all over natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by KoKoJammie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite products that Benefit has to offer. Yes, it's pricey BUT you get your bang for the buck with this. The size of the bottle is comparable to that of nail polish. That may or may not seem small to you, but think about how much of this you actually need -- only very little because a a wee bit goes a long way. This lasts a very long time. I dab a little of this on my cheek bones and in the areas where the sun naturally hits my face. My skin has an instant beautiful glow without making me look shiny or greasy. I'd recommend to everyone because it's universally flattering.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

This is a pretty nice highlighter but due to the price I doubt I will purchase it again. It works with me when I am pale so its a good highlighter for fair skin. Nice and glowy on cheeks without being too glittery or shimmery. It does not work when I have a fake tan though. Its just too pale and pink and I can't blend it well enough for it to look good on tan skin. Something more golden would work better if you are not fair. Not crazy about the bottle. Have had a little less than a year and what is left is starting to dry up and I doubt I will be able to get it all out of the bottle. Its a nice product but going to look for something cheaper and something I can use when I'm not pale.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as the product itself, this is the best highlighter out there (at least for my very fair skin). I wear it every day, and it makes me look glowy and healthy (or at least, something more like healthy and less "works too hard, drinks too much coffee"). I will cease to mess around with other highlighters. I like that it's pearlescent rather than glittery or shimmery--I feel like the sheen is subtle enough that I can wear it to work in my fairly conservative profession and won't look like I'm back living the glitter-encrusted life of my late-90s pre-teen self. My only complaint is the packaging--for some reason a little bit of product tends to kind of cake around the mouth of the bottle (though this may have to do with the fact that I carry it around in my makeup back so it gets jostled a lot). But it's only a minor annoyance, and worth putting up with for a great product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

This highlighter suits my NC15/20 skin perfectly. There is some noticeable shimmer through it so I have to be careful if I'm using it during the day. Even though it's quite expensive I've had the same bottle for 2+ years so was def worth the investment. Don't like the packaging, it gathers around the neck of the bottle and becomes crusty. It's easy to clean but a bit yucky all the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by dolledup21

I just purchased this a few days ago and so far im loving this! the pearly pink compliments my cool pink tone skin perfectly!! it give the perfect glow, not over the top just natural, healthy and lovelyy. just how i like it!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Overall I'm on the fence with this one. I do love the packaging and brush like applicator. The product itself is liquid highlighter which makes it very easy to apply. It creates a beautiful dewy highlight without screaming GLITTER! The problem I have with this is that it is very similar to my Hard Candy Glow all the Way for a fraction of the price. High Beam has golden shimmer where Glow all the Way is more of a cool frost but overall they're very similar. I'm a sucker for highlighters so I probably would buy this again regardless of the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Formula is too runny! This takes off my makeup if applied after foundation, but does not show up if applied before. Not worth it. I have so so many samples of this, but do not use any of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by tansy19

This stuff gives me the most angelic, dewy, gorgeous glow ever! I wish I had tried this stuff sooner! This will forever be a staple! And I actually like the nail polish packaging. It makes it easy to just dot on and blend.