October 22, 2014 | 1428 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by jwj123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read about lemon juice on this site and decided to make good use of the bag in frig. I squeeze 1/2 lemon into a bowl and apply with cotton pad. Let dry 15-30 minutes and then apply Queen Julene Mint Clay Mint Mask. When it dries, I rinse it all off in the shower. My skin has never been smoother and the sunspots are starting to fade. I bought a bag of lemons at Sams for $3.00 so this is a pretty cheap deal! Just be careful it doesn't run in your eyes.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by emilyannh

I have combination skin with dry patches, so I was skeptical about using lemon juice. It did not dry out my skin at all, and it seemed to balance my skin out if anything. I keep a bottle of lemon juice in the fridge and at night after I wash my face I apply it all over and apply it a bit more heavily on the places where I have blemishes and I leave it on while I sleep. I don't have much acne, just a few spots here and there. It dried those up immediately. I went on vacation and ended up having to use my mom's face lotion which broke me out HORRIBLY all over my face. I came home and went back to using the lemon juice and now all the smaller pimples are gone and I have one larger one, but it is dried up and healing. I had some scarring because I am bad about picking at bumps and I have noticed those fading a significant amount. My face is also baby smooth, which was a huge surprise to me as I have always had these small, hard bumps under my skin that nothing seemed to get rid of. I HIGHLY recommend using lemon juice.

Also, I saw a few comments stating that there was a chemical in lemon juice that is bad for your skin. I don't see how since it is a natural product. And even if it does have something in it, the positives definitely out weigh the negatives. If you are out in the sun you're going to get sun damage anyways. Spf should take care of the problem.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this to whiten my nails (just soak in lemon juice for 10 minutes).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this as others have. I have acne prone skin, always with a few spots, red patches and acne scarring. I squeezed a lemon and kept the juice in the fridge to use every day and I put some over my skin with a cotton pad after removing my makeup. First complaint- it stings like hell! It simmers down after 5 minutes but still, I'm pretty sure that's my face's way of saying it doesn't like it! I kept it up though for a few weeks and had a look at the result. Well, perhaps my redness had gone down a little bit- but a definite marked difference was not clear. And my spots had become infected- the heads had become orangey in colour, sore and red around the outside. Not good. I won't continue with this. Plus it concerns me that you need extra sunscreen after using this- I already am pale with moles so the risk of sun exposure was a worry too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing using lemon juice on NAILS so I can't comment on how it works for skin problems or lightening hair etc..

I've read many comments on MUA and nail polish blogs saying that lemon juice will lighten staining caused from polish. Since Bubble White and whitening mouthwash didn't help I figured I'd give it a shot.

1st time I tried this I squeezed lemons in a cup and dunked my fingertips into it. After about 3 minutes my fingers began to burn so after 5 minutes I took my fingers out. I gently scrubbed my nails with a nail brush and soap to remove the lemon juice. I compared it to my left hand which I hadn't soaked yet and there was no difference at all.

2nd time I tried lemon juice I soaked cotton balls in lemon juice, placed it on my nails, and wrapped with foil pieces to hold the cotton balls on. I figured this way my nails can soak longer without hurting my skin. After 10 minutes I checked my nails and they looked the same color. After 15 minutes I still didn't see any less staining compared to my other hand so I gave up. When I washed my hands I noticed my nails were peeling up in strips! Uggh, I wish I never tried this, my nails are ruined. Not to mention not a bit whiter! *runs off and cries*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by trishkai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love putting a little bit of this in my water, it makes it taste refreshing

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by orientalxxpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love that I've found such a convenient and inexpensive treatment. This is definitely a holy grail for me. When first using it on my skin every night it worked like a charm. I used it on my face as a mask for about an hour and then took it off, and I used it on my bacne as well. My bacne scars have faded tremendously and I'm still clear. NOTHING else helped my bacne. I tried so many products and my last hope was African Black Soap, I tried a couple from Whole Foods.

Anyway, being in the sun this summer has surprisingly helped my bacne and the lemon juice definitely helped a lot. So, like I said when using this on my face for about a month or two straight my skin was so clear, GLOWING. Unfortunately I'm battling hormonal acne right now so the lemon juice isn't doing it's thing anymore. I'm still going to continue using it as a mask maybe once or twice a week just to help with the scars, though.

Plus, it's such an inexpensive treatment and really does its job. I just wish my face remained clear. Don't let this review discourage you from purchasing, though. It really is a miracle worker. I'm just stressing out like crazy right now and my hormones aren't helping!! Good luck ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Dulcesusana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yes this defenately works by drying and killing some bacteria on acne i actually felt relieving when i added this on my face ..i totally recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

So I was really suspicious if this would work for me. My skin is oily and I get occassional acne which drives me nuts. I applied this and I felt a little bit of burn but it was not intolerable. I waited for 10 minutes and washed it off. The little nasty white puss from each pimple was either out or ready to come out. I am totally amazed of how this worked on. I will try to do this more often...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I saw a review for this a few days ago. I was trying to get rid of a few whiteheads I discovered last week caused by a hair care product ( I think). I tried Apple Cider Vinegar for a day and liked it but not the smell! So when I read that this can help with whiteheads, I decided to reach into my fridge and use some Reallemon! I have been using it twice a day after cleansing and before toning. I rinse it off after 10 minutes or so. The new whiteheads are gone! I still have some stubborn ones I have had for a few years, but they seem to be coming to the surface. Wow!!! Sure beats wasting money on new products. This is also lightening some brown spots I have caused by hormones and sun! Try this! You have nothing to lose.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No