MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 12/1/2012 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Mac tests on animals becuase they are owned by Estée Lauder which is a shame, but otherwise it's a good product lasts long time, easy to apply and blend.

on 11/30/2012 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first Mac product... aaaand it didn't work for me at all. No matter how little I applied it creased on me (my lids are a little oily though). It also dried out quite fast, so I had to chuck it out. Too pricey for what it is, really. Too bad, so sad, I really wanted to like it.

on 11/13/2012 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love it! This applies so nicely with a little brush and makes my eye shadow last all day long.

on 11/12/2012 5:08:00 PM

I really love this as an eye primer. I'm crazy about blending MAC eyeshadows to do my general makeup "look", and so the makeup artist recommended that I get this colour as my eyeshadow base. I'm NW15 in MAC products.

I noticed a difference straight away in my general eyeshadow application because the paint pot gave me a much better colour purchase with my shadows. Even the slightest dab of an eyeshadow will show up on the lid, which isn't the case generally. I never had a major problem before with my eyeshadow creasing, but using the paint pot keeps the colour from fading all day - my shadow looks just as great at the end of the day as if I had just applied it.

Now, I've used this product every day for two years and I still have most of the pot left. A little goes a long way. I think if I was buying the product again, I would buy the more shimmery shade, Bare Study, to double as a browbone highlighter. Currently I wear Painterly on my browbone and put a shimmery eyeshadow on top as a highlighter.

on 11/8/2012 11:23:00 AM

I have been using MAC paint since it was only available in the metal tubes...over ten years! I love, love, love MAC paint! I use it everyday under syse shadow, and it adds brightness to shadow and extends the wear of the eyeshadow...it's an absolute must for any makeup user!!!

on 10/29/2012 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I do like this product. It is a good primer and really keeps the shadows from creasing. However, I'm not 100% sold on the texture. I like my primer to be a bit more creamy. I would give it a 4 out 5 for the texture, but the ridiculous price has made me give this product a 3. Let's be real. There are many cheaper eye primers out there that work just as well if not better. I will not repurchase.

on 10/27/2012 9:36:00 PM

I have been using Mac Paintpot in Painterly for approx 2 years. I have found it to be the best primer for my eyes. It evens out the colour of my eyelids and allows my eye makeup to last a full working day. This paintpot lasts me about 1 year with daily use. To keep it from drying out I store it upside down and use a spatula to stir through it every few months, the paintpot is as creamy as the day I purchased it.

on 10/15/2012 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a staple in my makeup collection. I use it as an eyeprimer/base, and it is perfect. My shadows don't fade away, and my eyeliner stays put longer than without it. I've had this for over a year, i used it every single day, and I have lots left. It hasn't dried out yet either!

Very nice product!

on 10/13/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I will repurchase the product again but not this color -- took off a lippie because the color goes gray on me when I've tried to use it alone for a natural look. :- ( It is however boss as a shadow primer, far superior to UD potion.

on 10/7/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I use Painterly paint pot as a primer more than a color because it almost exactly matches the skin on my eyelids and conceals blue shadows and very fine red veins there. I love the smooth, powdery texture and how it really grabs the eyeshadow I apply on top, leaving me crease-free all day.