July 28, 2014 | 1294 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ayling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this by an SA who seemed to dislike my creased eyelids at the end of a long day :) I wasn't familiar with the paint pots and thought it was a base. So that's what I've been using it for -- to cover up veins and discoloration on my eyelids. It's quite subtle but when I look in the mirror, wow, my brown eyes pop! I love the flawless nude look, and other people have also commented on how "fresh" I look. The only thing is that I'm a NW25 and perhaps I should've bought a slightly warmer shade. I've been recommended soft ochre by a fellow MUAer (thanks Leila!), and I'll try that next. Expensive but overall, a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ambdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my Painterly Paint Pot! For me, it covers any veins or discolorations on my lids and provides a perfect base for my eyeshadows. It extends the amount of time that my eyeshadows last dramatically! I'm addicted to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Kcurb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried almost every highly rated eye primer on the market that I can think of (Too faced, UD, NYX, ELF, Mary Kay...) and this is hands down the best. I strayed from it for a while while I used TFSI and the NYX HD Primer, and those were pretty nice, but when I went back to this I realized how good it was. It keeps my eye makeup looking amazing throughout the entire day, and makes blending so so easy. I also have discoloration on my lids and this helps a lot with that too. Just make sure you put a thin layer on, and to cover up every part that you're going to put eyeshadow on, or else you will have inconsistency in vibrancy. My only minor complaint is that I can never get through an entire pot without it changing texture a little because of it getting drier, but that's not a huge deal because it takes a long time to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by XxAquaZebraxX

*I WOULD NOT BUY THIS AGAIN CAUSE I WILL NEVER FINISH IT!)

This was my first MAC product ever!!!! i kind of bought this on a whim as it was my first time in mac LOL. i brought it home and was impresesd at the quality of the product. butter soft, and super creamy. i put it in the back of my collection for aa while but recently brought it back and am caurrently using everyday on its own, over udpp. it gives me a nice nude, peachy matte colour on my lids. even w/out primer it does not crease which is a plus! overall, i reccommed this product, if your willing to pay a bit more!!! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I intended to buy this after having done a few reviews for an eyeshadow primer. I went to Mac and the MUA picked out painterly which is a great colour that looks nice on my nc20 fair skin.
I get oily eyelids and I really don't like the crease that I get when my shadows sort of, slips. Hence my reviewing the primers!
I have been using it now for about 3-4 months and I think that it is okay. For the colour and texture and packaging it is fine but it does not stop the creases on my lids. I apply over foundation but nope, it just doesnt work for me.
I then moved on to Urban Decays Primer Potion original and it is great in every way!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lblasucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a recommendation by the gal at the MAC counter when I was looking for a primer to help my shadow not disappear within a few hours due to my oily eyelids. I have been using this as a primer for almost a year and I can honestly say hands down this is the best of the best. I have used Chanel, BB, Mercier, UD, BE, etc., they're good, but not good enough for my oily eyelids. I will by this again and again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by LilacAda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim, it was birthday and with all the excitement I placed a big order on the MAC website, and I'd put this product in my basket.
This for me is the best eye primer I have used. It doesn't crease of budge. I'd describe the the texture to be like EL double wear, as soon as you've applied it, bam it's dry and you can't budge it.
But.. Always a but. The only problem I have with this is that because my skin is very fair and cool toned (NW15) it's does appear very warm and I find my eyeshadows, especially light colours arent true to their colour. The warmth in it changed the shadow colour

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I have so many eye primers; Too faced/ UD, Just to name the few i use but switch up often... I read the great reviews on here and noticed many ladies used this as a eye primer.. The entire time i THOUGHT it was an eyeshadow type product.. It's been a week since I purchased this and I LOVE IT!!! it covers My stray brow hairs and slightly discolored lids and MAKES my eyes appear open, Clean, and refreshed!!!

i have acrylic nails, although very short, i don't like the fact that i WILL have to use a spatula later on to get the product out once im running low... wish they made the packaging thinner, a bit wider.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product. I like to use this as my eyeshadow primer primarily, but it also works so well to conceal my dark circles around my eyes and brighten the area. I use this as my eyeshadow base and it makes my eyeshadow last all day without creasing. I'd definitely repurchase if I ever run out! It lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

***UPDATE*** I now apply just a tad bit of ELF eyelid primer and then this and it works PERFECT!!!! no creasing even with my VERY oily lids. love this!

I wasn't impressed at first because my eyeshadow would still crease but i found better results applying it after stippling my foundation over my eyelids. its a great color to create a dramatic or natural eye. Very creamy but dries quickly. The pot is small but it last forever!