April 19, 2014 | 1546 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

I hated this when I first got it and I put it away for a while. Recently I have been using it a lot and love it as a base. It helps shadows stay in place and helps pigment really show through. Will definitely repurchase BUT there is so much in the pot that I have no idea when that will be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this - it's such a secret hit for me. I'd never have picked it up at the store as my eye is always drawn to the bright colors and shimmery things, but I tried it round at a friend's house and instantly fell in love with how useful this is. Previously I'd been using concealer on my lids (or sharkskin shadestick under dark shades) but didn't really love either. I wear painterly under everything as it removes all eyelid discoloration, goes on smooth and matches my NW20 skin perfectly (soft ochre is probably better for NC ladies). It's also great on its own for work days. I always want this in my kit.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this but it just would not work for me. I originally brought this as an eyeshadow primer but it fails miserably for this purpose. Any eyeshadow placed on top, crease after a few hours and by the end of the day my eyeshadow is non existent. I can't understand how anyone could think this was better then UDPP. I have to use primer potion underneath this if i want it to not crease which really defeats the purpose. If you have oily eyelids do not expect this to work as a primer becasue you will be wasting your money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I'm new to Paint Pots and ended up buying this after seeing all the recommendations and great things said about this particular paint pot on the makeup board. This did work well, as in it didnt crease and i liked that it gave a blank canvas to other eyeshadows. Unfortunately this was way too pink toned for my NC20-25 skin. I'm going to try Soft Ochre next.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by angiebby90

i really do love love love this product, at first i used it as a eyeshadow primer && its always creased on me so i started to use it as a concealer && that seemed to work, however i discovered that this is NOT a primer it's simply a base to make eyeshadows more vibrant && i love it for that, so now i use urban decay primer potion && then add this on top, these two things work great together! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

Painterly is a really pretty, neutral, everyday sort of color. It doesn't really have any big pop of color-- it's a nice skin tone with a hint of pink and maybe some light brown. I use it everyday underneath my eyeshadow, but sometimes I use it by itself if I'm in a rush and it still looks really pretty. It dries pretty quickly. I never use eye primer but it still doesn't crease. In the U.S. it's $17.50 which is a bit expensive for me but it's still a really great product and lasts forever, which makes it worth buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this paint pot as a base for eyeshadows and also alone to cover up discolouration on my eyelids. It matches perfectly to my NW20 skin tone. This was my first paint pot and I think it's a staple in any collection. I usually use this after applying an eyeshadow primer first so that there is no chance of creasing later in the day and I just feel it applies better that way. Make sure you screw the lid on tight so it doesn't dry out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

This works pretty good! The texture is kind of dry , but if it was any more 'liquidy' I'm sure it wouldn't hold the eyeshadow in place - which would defeat the purpose! This color completely blocks out any discoloration on my eyelids and it gives me a nice clean slate to work on. Will repurchase, but I might try 'bare study' next, the color looks a little more yellow toned so I think it may suit me a little better. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I USE THIS EVERY SINGLE DAY..... and i mean every single day ... a must have base.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing base! Just make sure you smooth this out evenly because any blotches will show through your eyeshadow. I learned from experience but that was my own fault. Would definitely repurchase but there so much in that pot, it'll be a looong time before I run out.