MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 1/10/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This shade makes it a great primer for all eyeshadows. It becomes virtually impercetible and adds great longevity to the make up which remains perfect for many hours. No crease no fading. I also own Bare Study which I use if I apply a beige gold eye shadow on top, but Painterly is the perfect choice, totally versatile.

on 1/10/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow base! It pretty much matches my skintone and makes my shadow last all day!

on 1/10/2013 12:41:00 PM

I adore this paint pot. I have five in total paint pots, and I am not disappointed with any of them! They last literally...FOREVER ! Painterly is a great great great product...I use it as an eye primer...When I do wear eye makeup, I apply this... It makes my eye shadows last all day, creasing never occurs and my eye shadows look more vibrant! Totally recommend this product to anyone who loves working with eye shadows!

- Kori

on 1/8/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

OMG BEST EYE PRIMER EVER, A MUST HAVE PRODUCT FOR ME!!!!!!!! Doesn't make my eyeshadow crease at all,lasts ALL DAY, i paid $38 for this at the mac counter cos mac cosmetics in asia is expensive but i love this so much, i gave up on all my other primers and went with this one, amazing stuff :D i would literally not wear eyeshadow if i didn't have this with me.

I started using this product because my eye shadow tends to crease and I hate that. So, when one of my friends' make up turned out not to crease, I asked her what product she was using. She uses painterly in combination with Mac eyeshadow. So, I bought the product as well and it does not work properly. My eye shadow still creases while my eye lids are not that oily, so what's wrong?

on 12/30/2012 11:39:00 AM

I have horrible oily eyelids ..... I have experimented with other brands (Too Faced, Nars and Urban Decay) and the only one that did work for me was the Urban Decay primer but then it stopped working. A few months ago, I decided on Painterly (it has a pinkish base) which was recommended to me, and I am pleased so far. My eyeshadow goes on smooth and it does last for most of the day as well as it does not clash with the eyeshadows I normally use. So far so good, and hopefully it continues working, because having oily eyelids sucks.

on 12/29/2012 10:29:00 PM

I like MAC eye shadows so when I was looking for a new colour the SA brought this to my attention. I've tried other primers from EL and Lancome but they didn't work - got chaulky and/or there were still creases in my eye shadow. So I got this and the first time I tried it I didn't like it at all. The shadow I applied was a MAC eye shadow but it wasn't a matte which I usually use. My eye shadow was a mess - looked sloppy and cheap frosty looking - as if I was new at makeup application. Anyway, since then I've used it with Matte eye shadow and one is MAC and I find it works well. It gives a pretty good base coverage and can even use a bit as a concealer along the bottom lash line. I use my finger and you can't be timid - you have to apply generously. I think a brush would not work. But would I buy this again? This will last for awhile so I'll keep my eyes open for a different brand. I'm not sure I would like this in the summer. So at this point I am not faithful to this brand as an eye primer.

on 12/27/2012 10:04:00 AM

Paint Pot's are a must have in my kit. I personally use Painterly everytime I wear eyeshadow, and I also love to use Groundwork on it's own without any shadow.

I never have a problem with creasing while using this product.
I will always keep these stocked in my kits.

I like to apply this with my fingers rather than a brush, mostly so I can warm the product so it goes on more smoothly.

on 12/21/2012 1:36:00 AM

One of my most-used products. It's so affordable overall because it lasts AGES as long as you aren't gobbing it on. My shadow hardly, if ever, creases. It's also a nice, natural color— some days I don't even put shadow on and just apply this to even out my lids for a "natural" look. Would absolutely, 100% recommend! I'm just finishing my first pot after having it about a year (or more) and using it almost daily! I also like how quickly it sets.. You just can't put it on and then come back to blend it.

on 12/21/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Fabulous product, great quality, and lasts a long time for the price you pay! I use it as a base for my eye shadow and liner first, then I like to mix my clean eye brush in it then into my eye shadow before applying it on. It helps the color stay more vibrant and opaque. A little goes a long way!

Top Rated MAC Products