November 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 4:32:00 AM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

i've been using this stuff forever. i love it, it's zesty and tingly and makes me feel super-clean. it's affordable and it lasts awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2007 5:45:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit421

I LOVE THIS SOAP!!! I use thier peppermint soap in Bar and Liquid, and it is WONDERFUL!!! I use it on my face, and I have Combination/Acne Prone Skin. My T-Zone is oily, and my cheeks are dry, and I break out about once a month. NOT WITH THIS STUFF!!! It evened out my skin, the peppermint helps with breakouts, it dries the oily parts of my face, but leaves my dry spots moisturized!!! I stopped using it and switched to a cleanser that is actually for the face, and it wasnt nearly as good as this soap, so I went back. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SOAP!!! I like the cooling sensation also. I also use it to shave my legs!!! I LOVE IT FOR THAT TOO!!! This is THE HG Soap for me and my family!!! CANT LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 9:24:00 AM More reviews by SuperKarateMonkeyDeathCar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dr. Bronners peppermint soap in a staple in my home. I use it for everything from baths, laundry, cleaning the floors/counters/cabinets, spot cleaning the carpet, deep cleaning my bird's cage, killing the rare ant etc. The uses are limitless and for the price and the number of uses it is a great value. I am never without a gallon of it, and I can't imagine using anything else. A little dab will do as it's very powerful, and the smell is fresh and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 9:00:00 PM More reviews by quaguin

My HG shower gel. It's refreshing and all-natural! It really wakes you up and leaves you feeling clean. Plus, I love the kooky messages all over the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

I've known about this product for a long time but never really thought to buy it. I think part of the reason is I'm a little put off the the packaging. Not so much because I disagree with it (to be honest I haven't really read it---it's a little hard on the eyes) but because it seemed more like something you would use to clean your floor or bathroom with! However, I saw this recently and opened it up only to smell the wonderful peppermint aroma, so I thought I just HAD to get it! Luckily, they had a 32 oz bottle for sale at my local health food store for about $9-10 so I picked.
I think that it does cleanse very well; my husband especially likes it as he says he doesn't feel sticky and slimy like he does with regular soap. I haven't had the problems with the dryness so far as some of the others have indicated. Also, this stuff lasts forever if you dilute it; I've been diluting it to about 1 part of the soap to 8-10 parts of water and I've only used up about 1/8 of the bottle for the last three months. Oh, and another tip: I put it in a spray bottle and it makes it so much easier to point and spray at whatever body part you need to wash as well as conserving the amount you use.
Will definitely buy again! If I ever run out, LOL... continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

I used this a couple of years ago and it did lather wonderfully, it smelled nice, and it made my skin so fresh and clean, BUT it potentionally left a highly visible, cloudy residue on my skin which made me quite itchy and gave my skin an awfully dull, ashy appearance. Since this is pure soap, it, indeed, leaves film and residue on the skin. What film does to one's skin varies, but, in my experience, it irritates and produces acne. Someone on this board who had darker skin also had the skin "dulling" problem. I had to swich to another wash to heal and "liven" up my skin again. Wouldn't recommended to people with lots of skin pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 8:27:00 PM More reviews by JadeSky

I love this! I have both the liquid soap and the bar soap. I use the bar soap on my face, hands, wash my makeup brushes with it (its AMAZING for that), makes me feel clean and not dried out. All natural ingredients of course, has a wonderful light mint fragrance and slight tingle (another aspect that I absolutely love). Will keep re-purchasing! HG soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by anywayreally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband and I love this soap. It smells nice and it gets you very clean. We buy it in bar form and use it all the time, for hand soap and in the bath. I also like the liquid soap, although it can be drying if you use it as a shampoo. Great stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by LizzieBit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found Peppermint is great for household cleaning! Not my body though - I'm not into the tingling feeling...it scares me a bit :( Anyways...the almond and lavender for body? FANTASTIC! Can't beat the price or the scent! If you're having trouble with it being too harsh for the skin...dilute! :) Hope this helps...ALL ONE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

Let me first touch on a reviewer below who mentioned that it is saponified coconut oil. I make homemade soap for a living, and all this means is it's completely natural -- it's been saponified with lye (the lye goes away once hit with the oils)...and it is NOT anything to do with sulfates (saponifying oils with lye is how our ancestors first invented soap). Ok, now that I've covered that...

This sh*t is the bomb! I LOVE using natural products that work well, and not only does this work well for making me feel clean and cool, but also for household cleaning as well, as was mentioned by others below. Will definitely purchase again!