Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 10/15/2011 2:32:00 AM

Speaking from someone who lives in a very hot and humid country, no, this lotion isn't as fast absorbing as what the bottle and others claim, not unless I turn the aircon on a relatively low temperature prior to using it. I hate that I have to wait a couple of minutes before it finally sinks in my skin so I feel as if there's this layer of goop sitting on top of my skin. To be honest, it's not "watery" enough for my taste. Again, in my hot and humid country, this lotion is sticky. Our lotions are actually lighter, formulated perfectly for our climate here. But that's pretty much what I dislike about this lotion.

Overall, I love everything about it. It's fragrance free which is good for my allergic rhinitis. It comes in a convenient pump packaging. Really moisturizing, can't quite stress more on that. I put this before I go to bed and after an average of 8 hours of sleep, I wake up to amazingly soft skin. And I know how much moisturizing a lotion is if it managed to smoothen out the roughest and ugliest part of my body - MY ELBOW. Only this lotion by aveeno can turn my sand-paper like elbow into smooth velvet-y feel that shocks me everytime.

You also get enough value for the money. I suggest using this while your skin is damp so it'll be fast absorbing and non-sticky and you get to use lesser amount as oppose to applying it in dry bare skin..

Highly recommend!

on 9/26/2011 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i put this on every day after my shower.
This is an OK product for me didn't really make my skin any softer.Its fragrance free but i do want something on my body that smells good.I wouldn't trust this on my face though.Overall i wouldn't recommend/ buy again.

on 9/24/2011 3:31:00 PM

This is a really non-irritating lotion, that absorbs quickly, however when I use it on my face, I feel like I'm not really wearing any moisturizer. I'm not a fan of the greasy look, but I like a bit of a dewy look to my moisturizer, and this gives a more matte look. And because of the more matte look, it doesn't really cover up your blemishes, but just leaves them as they are. It does improve them gradually, but it doesn't even them out with that dewy, I just put on moisturizer look, and I kind of prefer that. However it is a really non-irritating moisturizer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've heard good thing about Aveeno and decided to try this out. Since it has oatmeal in it, I figured it could calm down any redness.
It goes on well and does moisturize but reeks havoc on my skin! I have very sensitive fair skin that typically doesn't react too often to products. Whenever it does have a reaction...it's pretty undeniable.
after I exfoliate, it seemed to calm the redness. Then, it broke me out ALL over my face. My skin was blotchy, red and breakouts were surfacing/surfaced in a matter of hours.
I also tried wearing it overnight with my usual routine and same effect.
Today, SAME THING.
when I didn't wear it for a few days, my skin was much clearer and normal. In a matter of five hours, this gave me the blotchy acne on my entire face. It makes my nose look bruised it's that bad.

The ingredients are so mixed and random. Doesn't matter if it cannot be used with other products or if my skin just generally hates this, it's an awful product.

I could not recommend to anyone and don't see how anyone can use this and get good results.

on 9/17/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is my everyday secret weapon! I love it so much! It's perfect for hands, legs, everything(never tried it on my face, but being an oily skinned person, I feel no need)! I tend to have dry skin (everywhere but my face) and my skin becomes cracked and flaky if not tended to, so I depend on a good moisturizer.
I simply apply it before I go to sleep, and when I wake up, my skin feels smooth and soft. My uses: dry, cracked hands, dry(and sometimes flaky :$) feet, and it works amazingly to keep your legs soft after shaving.
I would DEFINETELY recommend this product. The only con is that it is a little greasy when you first apply it, so put it on at night and you'll feel great in the morning.

on 9/16/2011 8:37:00 AM

This is honestly my favourite beauty product.

Before using this, I had really dry flaky skin and tried so many different moisturisers from expensive ones to cheap ones. Some made my skin worse and brought me out in red patches as I also have eczema prone skin and break out really easily. Then I discovered this product and haven't looked back. I've been using it now before I go to bed and when I wake up in a morning for about a year and my skin has been perfect with no dry, flaky patches!

honestly couldn't live without it, would recommend to anyone with dry, flaky , eczema prone skin!

on 9/16/2011 4:43:00 AM

I both hate and love this. I only hate it because it has no smell, but I love it because it actually does work. For the best results you have to consistently use it once or twice a day. After the first use you will notice your skin's softer, but not amazingly softer, however after using it for a few weeks...wow. Baby softness. After using this product for a month people would comment on my arms being softer than a baby's bottom. Great product.

I know it's body lotion but I swear it helps my blemishes to heal on my face! it makes my skin so incredibly dewy and soft. it's the perfect base for makeup and after a shower my skin positively drinks it up. I hardly use it on my body, but it has done miracles for my dry sensitive face. I bought his while travelling because the 3 oz. bottle was cheap, not knowing that I had chosen the holy grail of moisturizers. I used it on my face, and was hooked. when I got home I bought the large pump bottle and now I use it morning and night every day. plus it is fragrance free, which is just the cherry on top

on 8/21/2011 7:12:00 AM

This product deserves 10 stars!!!

I had dry skin on the backs of my hands for years, it was so bad that I was bleeding all of the counter in the chemist and the lady suggested I try this lotion.

I have tried EVERYTHING over the years including many prescription creams and nothing has helped, in fact everything I put on it just angered it and made it worse.

My skin loves this cream, and compared to the other stuff Iíve tried itís really cheap, a bottle lasts me months using it twice a day.

If you have persistent dry skin, you have to try this

on 8/16/2011 3:32:00 PM

I have tried numerous body lotions from St.Ives to Vaseline( which sucked beyond belief) to Nivea ...I loved the Nivea lotion but I went through it rather fast and the money started to add up. This lotion, while it is a bit pricey, lasts a long time and does not leave your skin looking or feeling greasy. It absorbs almost immediately and is unscented. Definitely a staple for me.