September 30, 2014 | 2206 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by neistarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never write reviews for anything, but I loved this foundation so much that I had to. I'm of Indian descent, and my skin is on the light side. My problem is that I have acne scars, and when I use most foundations, I break out more, and then I have more scars to cover up. I used to use Mac Studio Foundation SPF, but it goes on heavy, and after wearing it for awhile, my skin became very oily. At the recommendation of a friend who works at ulta (I got the discount), I tried SMASHBOX High Definition Healthy FX. I love it! Currently, I have light acne scars and a subtle change of skin tone, but ever since I started using this foundation, I've had millions of complements on my skin. It builds coverage with layers, and it looks flawless. I apply it with a foundation brush, and it still looks flawless twelve hours later. It is a light foundation, so it doesn't cover the heaviest scars/marks, but it does eliminate redness. Best of all, now I only use Neutrogena Deep Clean Face Wash and Aveno face lotion, and my skin is amazing. Perhaps once a week I'll sleep with Tea Tree Oil on my face to help with the scars. I love this foundation and I would never switch.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by malorey

When I first applied this foundation I fell in love with it. I thought it gave a beautiful flawless finish. My skin was glowing! The only problem was it just didn't last. I loved the foundation in the morning but about two to three hours into work (I either sit in a car all day or an air conditioned office) it was completely gone! I have combo skin that tends to be more oily then dry so maybe it just isn't a good fit for my skin. My mother bought this the same time as me and she still uses it and loves it, but she has a dry skin.

It really did improve my skin. It gave me a nice healthy glow that continued even after removing my makeup. I really wish this would have work better for me. I really wanted it to. If you have dry skin this will probably be great for you. Oily skin not so much, it tends to just melt off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 6:37:00 AM More reviews by rocconinni

I Love this Product! I Got it wen i ran out of my Studio Fix Fluid By Mac. The Woman Told Me Its NOT as heavy as mac's but does give good coverage. its quite lightweight to me and blends very well onto the skin.it gives a medium coverage and a slightly dewy finish i set it with mac's studio fix powder and spray it with fix+ but it comes off midday. Overall I think Its a good foundation It does wat it claims to do. Very Pleased. x x :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Zoey223

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a sample kicking around and was hesitant to open them because Smashbox's matte black sample packaging bleeds once it comes in contact with any liquid (including their primer). When I use a Smashbox sample packet, I cut it open very carefully and immediately dram it into a small container.

Anyway, I was bored one day and playing with my make up, and came across the sample again. I decided to try it and WOW!

I used the SK foundation brush and was amazed at how FX MELTED into my skin. FX has more coverage than a TM, but is still sheer enough to let your own skin peek through. The coverage is light - moderate. I suppose you can build if you have time, but it doesn't dry quickly, so it gives you ample time to smooth and blend. It's not masky, chalky or cakey at all.

I had a radiant finish with just a little product, and felt this far outperformed Chanel's Vital Lumiere. And a little goes a LONG way. Staying power was excellent, and for the first time in a long time, I felt my skin looked clean, bright, polished, but not made up. This was a nice surprise, as I never really got into Smashbox other than their primer and O Glow which was overpriced, overhyped and eventually donated to my niece.

I'm not going to debate the 'healthy' effects of this foundation... personally, I don't believe it, and I don't care about the supposed claims. I don't wear foundation as a treatment, I wear it to even out skin tone, hide imperfections and give me a polished appearance. That is exactly what Smashbox FX did, and if there's any added benefit from continued use, I'll consider it a gratuitous bonus.

I am very, very happy with the results. It made me immediately throw my Studio Fix in the swap box and my other foundations in the back up make up box.

Ingredients: ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 5.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 3.2% Titanium Dioxide. INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Dimethicone/Divinyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ribose, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Ractoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this foundation and I'm really enjoying it. I actually returned this the first time I bought this due to the fact that this is a very sheer foundation. I was very into the 'full coverage' about 6-8 months ago and if you're looking for that then this foundation is not for you. Then I started doing microdermabrasion and my skin has improved. Now that i'm more comfortable with my skin, i can settle for a less full coverage foundation. Smashbox is very smooth, almost like whip. It does take a little getting used to at first, a bit streaky at times, but it does settle into the skin in minutes and it feels like you have nothing on your skin. One of the professional makeup artist i know only uses smashbox. I'm not so impress with the function 5 powder. I use MAC's msf in natural on top and I love it. Oh by the way, the primer light broke me out!!! But the foundation is awesome and i will repurchase!
Edit:
Though I love this foundation. The yellow tone really suits my skin and I'm having such a hard time finding a new foundation match. I've been breaking out like crazy since I started using this product. I've been in denial and went to see a dermatologist whom told me it was my makeup that was breaking me out. I got 10 , yes 10 whiteheads on my chin and I haven't broken out for 5 years. If you are not acne prone and do not need a lot of product, then this foundation is for you. However, it did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Kaylabean

I love this foundation my skin looks like dreamy butter with this on. I don't know why it has all the bad reviews but I guess we're all diffrent. I use light 3 and it is a great match. I don't know why it so expensive I mean smashbox is a highend brand but it's not Dior or Chanel. However the foundation does live up to a highend brand at least for me it is amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ricochet0118

I am generally a Smashbox fan. This is the first product that kinda dissapointed me. I wouldn't say that there is anything wrong with this foundation, it is just average and too expensive. It is more sheer then I thought it would be but I found it to be buildable. It did feel nice on my skin, not gunky. My only problem is that it is way too expensive for what it is. There just isn't anything special about it to justify the cost. Too bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by PinkAmy06

I'm not a fan of this foundation at all. I got it in a face set from Sephora when I was on holiday and I liked the rest of the products but not this. I have it in Light L1 and it is VERY orange on my skin, I have a fairly normal natural skin-tone but it still appeared orange. It's very thick too, I do like fairly good coverage but this looked thick and cakey on my skin. Also, it looks as though the oil in the foundation has seperated from the colour in the bottle, so it is not properly mixed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Natanya77

I am using F1 in this. I find it goes on like a dream and seems to blend perfectly with my skin tone. What I really liked about it is the way it seems to be smoothing out my skin sort of plumping it up, I have very thirsty skin, living in Africa will do that to you. Love the SPF love the vitamins. Not a lot of coverage, if you have dark patches or scarring it's not going to do much on it's own, you'll need the primer and probably powder afterwards. I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

I bought this foundation after getting a mini-maker by a Smashbox m/u artist at my local Shopper's. She used L3 on my skin. I have very oily, acne-prone skin and wasn't completely wowed by this foundation. The colour is OK for me (although I think maybe a tad too yellow for me) but the coverage is quite light. It did nothing to cover acne scars and redness on my chin and around my nose. The staying power is fine, no more or less than any other foundation on my skin. The best thing about this foundation is the plastic pump bottle that keeps any air from getting to the product. This foundation is expensive, $44 CAD. For the price, it's merely an average product.