November 28, 2014 | 1718 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by rachelcameron

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My very first review for MUA! I feel compelled to take finger to keyboard ... finally... as I have tested so many other mineral powders recently in the quest to find a bismuth-free alternative, from Inika to Lucy Minerals to Jane Iredale, and all have come up wanting compared to this beautiful product. Yes, it has bismuth, but other more heavily mica-based products, purportedly all natural and irritant-free, actually cause redness, dryness or breakouts compared to this lovely LM powder. So I've come back to the fold and will never stray again! My skin has got drier with age and so I have stopped using the LM powder primer underneath (and use rosehip oil under my moisturiser instead as a base) and I have got a dewier, fresher result. Beautiful. Highly recommended!

Edit: A month or so on, now I have learnt to apply Lucy Minerals (bisque) correctly - less is more more more - I have to say it is better. Smoother, creamier and lasting finish. But LM still lovely. 4* though

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by brookej1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product! It gives me the perfect amount of coverage. The coverage is light, so this product is definitely not for someone who needs a lot of coverage. The color looks great. I put this over my Laura Mercier Oil-free tinted moisturizer. Looks fabulous! Would def recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by fudgebrownie19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Picked this up last week after watching the rave youtube reviews by kokolaroo and ginabinawina who just couldn't stop gushing. Having tried it, I completely agree. Very, verrry naaaise :)

For ref, I have combination skin that tends to look greasy by the end of the day with liquid fdtn, hence my search for powder fdtn. It leaves a dewier finish than most powder/mineral fdtns so it looks quite natural, and LM has a decent range of colors (I'm NC 42 ish, and wear this in Classic Beige).

FYI:
- provides light to medium coverage, so you would still need concealor for more obvious scars, etc
- this can very easily look cakey, so start with a very minimal amt on your brush and add more only where needed
- you MUST use a buffer brush (though not necessarily LM's) and buff-buff-buff away to get an even natural looking finish (am currently using a generic synthetic brush, but have ordered MAC's 182 buffer, will update if this looks better)
- the color will darken through the day, and more so for those with oily skin, so keep this in mind when choosing a color
- has SPF 15, but seriously, with the teeny-tiny amount I'm buffing all over my face, you can betcha bottom dollar I'm gonna wear my kiehl's SPF 30 sunscreen under this
- PRICEY!! (grr...)
- Has a filter with a screwtop so spillage is minimal, but IMHO its still not very portable
- looks best over LM's mineral primer powder, but again its $$$, so i'm using MUFE's HD primer (clear) for now.. seems to work fine
- No breakouts so far *fingers crossed*

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

love love love this!!! <3 I will repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by auree

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely the best mineral make up I've tried. Better than Bare Escentuals, Jane Iredale and specialty brands. Mercier is my daily foundation. I have somewhat oily skin (t zone) and found that It lasts all day without too much creasing and very little discoloration. Sand is a great match. (I also have tender rose but it's a bit too pink for me.) Also, I sometimes use Chanel Teint Innocence Compact (depends on coverage needs).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kimichka

I am in awe of this product. I absolutely love it. It's the only foundation that actually does give me a flawless finish! I purchased the "mineral flawless face kit" at Sephora, it came with mini sizes of the foundation, an illuminating powder, concealer, primer, and foundation & concealer brushes... not bad for $60... and you don't need very much of the product so it will last a long time.
So... I use this over my moisturizer and the LM mineral primer. Applies the same as you see on those infomercials for the mineral makeup (just getting some product on your brush, tapping off the excess, then buffing it around your face). 5 minutes and you're done. It completely covers any redness I might have, and seriously, it practically looks like I have nothing on my skin! I've gotten the best of both worlds.
At first I was reluctant to try this because I absolutely hated Bare Minerals (I felt like it looked like I was wearing a mask), but since the LM is a very fine mill, it just goes on flawlessly and makes it look like you just have naturally awesome skin. Doesn't leave a totally matte finish, but not a super dewy finish either.
I'm a nurse, and this stays on great on my combination skin for my 12 hour shifts. I also wore it all day at Disneyland (hot and humid) and it stayed put and controlled oil (although I don't have super oily skin to start with). I've been using the product for approx 2-3 weeks and I haven't broken out.... and pretty much everything makes me break out, which is why I'm even more stoked.
The packaging is great, too... there's a sliding cover so that you can close off the holes and not let all of the product come out while it rolls around in your makeup drawer. Nice little extra.
Needless to say, I will be repurchasing this. =)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Veeh21

Awsome product!!! i been using it for about two years now.its amazing doesn't make me breakout at all.i totally recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Out of all MMU I've used, this beats all of them so far. It covers amazingly. I've got a lot to cover, acne and scars :( The staying power is pretty fantastic, it doesn't melt away like most MMU's do for me. I can use this as a spot concealer as well. The packaging is wonderful too because you can close off the sifter. The only downside for me is that I have oil breakthrough pretty quickly with this. I do have to blot a few times throughout the day. But it's not the worst I've experienced. It's actually a glowy look but just a tad too glowy for me. I don't experience any "sheen" either like BE, which I love. I think I just need to find a really good primer to stop the oil breakthrough. I don't think I'll be switching MMU for while. I've already purchased a back up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A few years back I tried this MMU and didn't like it, but I decided to give it another go and am so glad that I did. Not too shiny and not too flat (my experience with BE Matte MMU). So much more comfortable than liquid, especially in the summertime. Not sure what's different -- maybe my skin's changed. My ONLY gripe about this product is the color selection. I'm NC 30-35 (more NC30) and been wearing Natural Beige. It's a weensy bit too light, so I have to wear bronzer or mix with the little sample of Rich Vanilla that the SA gave me. I don't want to have to buy two colors of foundation but might have to. I apply the MMU with my flattop kabuki over either MAC P&P SPF 50 or, lately, the Shiseido SPF 60 and love the finish. Light-Med coverage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by bebesoul

I have this foundation in both real sand and natural beige for my winter and summer colors. I also have a sample of class beige that I use when I wanna look more tanned to match my body. I use this with various kabukis and it works really well. It makes me skin flawless and has a bit of glow. The coverage is buildable so it makes it more versatile as a foundation. The package is awesome because of the sifter! If you have trouble with picking your color, go get a sample! It took me a little while to figure out my color. I think the color range is alright but it could be better!! Its a bit pricey but its worth it since it has a good amount of product. I wish Laura Mercier would put in more product though because there is plenty of space in the jar for more! I would repurchase if I ran out but I have two jars so it would take me a while!