August 1, 2014 | 1667 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Out of all MMU I've used, this beats all of them so far. It covers amazingly. I've got a lot to cover, acne and scars :( The staying power is pretty fantastic, it doesn't melt away like most MMU's do for me. I can use this as a spot concealer as well. The packaging is wonderful too because you can close off the sifter. The only downside for me is that I have oil breakthrough pretty quickly with this. I do have to blot a few times throughout the day. But it's not the worst I've experienced. It's actually a glowy look but just a tad too glowy for me. I don't experience any "sheen" either like BE, which I love. I think I just need to find a really good primer to stop the oil breakthrough. I don't think I'll be switching MMU for while. I've already purchased a back up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A few years back I tried this MMU and didn't like it, but I decided to give it another go and am so glad that I did. Not too shiny and not too flat (my experience with BE Matte MMU). So much more comfortable than liquid, especially in the summertime. Not sure what's different -- maybe my skin's changed. My ONLY gripe about this product is the color selection. I'm NC 30-35 (more NC30) and been wearing Natural Beige. It's a weensy bit too light, so I have to wear bronzer or mix with the little sample of Rich Vanilla that the SA gave me. I don't want to have to buy two colors of foundation but might have to. I apply the MMU with my flattop kabuki over either MAC P&P SPF 50 or, lately, the Shiseido SPF 60 and love the finish. Light-Med coverage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by bebesoul

I have this foundation in both real sand and natural beige for my winter and summer colors. I also have a sample of class beige that I use when I wanna look more tanned to match my body. I use this with various kabukis and it works really well. It makes me skin flawless and has a bit of glow. The coverage is buildable so it makes it more versatile as a foundation. The package is awesome because of the sifter! If you have trouble with picking your color, go get a sample! It took me a little while to figure out my color. I think the color range is alright but it could be better!! Its a bit pricey but its worth it since it has a good amount of product. I wish Laura Mercier would put in more product though because there is plenty of space in the jar for more! I would repurchase if I ran out but I have two jars so it would take me a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by tokidoki26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much that I HAD to make it my first review on MUA. I just got the mineral kit from Sephora and it is AMAZING! It makes your skin look so luminous and natural and best of all, like the box says, flawless. It has great coverage that is totally buildable and even covers my broken capillaries. The satin finish and coverage is really comparable to liquid foundations and is a great summer routine. I used to use Bare Minerals but it looked so cakey and did not last at all. This mineral paired with the primer and finishing powder is quite awesome. I will definitely be buying the full-sized version once I finish my set. For reference, I am NC25 in MAC, Punjab in Nars Sheer Glow and the Natural Beige in the LM would be a perfect match, but slightly a little dark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this when it first came out and have been using it the summer ever since. It's got an ultra-fine texture and blends in beautifully. In summer I use it alone over my regular sunscreen. I smoothes my skin and provides some extra SPF. So, it's akeeper.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this recently, it's expensive but the finish on it is AMAZING! I have been an on-and-off user of Bare Minerals, it's okay but Laura Mercier's mineral powder is even better. I'm Asian with tan/olive skin tones and I was matched with classic beige. This powder glides over fine lines and the coverage is buildable, but I get much more coverage with this than with Bare Minerals. The finish is a nice dewy finish, not matte and not shiny. I was using Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer (love it) but I wanted some other options just to switch it up. I have sensitive skin that is prone to acne so we will see if this breaks me out, but the TM has not been a source of breakouts so we'll see! I also use less of this than of BM to get the same coverage.

I like how this has a control top unlike BM, but it seems to be made out of flimsy plastic and easily breakable, but for now it is fairly portable...won't explode all over you when you try to open it.

Final words: Good finish, covers fine lines instead of settling into them, natural and polished look. It's expensive but it's worth it. If you've been using Bare Minerals, I recommend that you at least give this a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good stuff. This is the only mineral makeup I've experimented apart from BE and this blows it out of the water. I got myself the mini set that comes with the brushes, primer, illuminator and bronzer which is quite complete and portable. I like that you can twist the cap over the sifter so no worries about spillage.

Coverage is buildable, color doesn't turn (I'm using Natural Beige, for reference I'm a GA Face Fabric 3) and it doesn't leave you with a matte/flat face. In fact because I sometimes have a slight sheen on my forehead I'd dust on YSL's Semi-Loose powder to mattify. I never have to worry looking like a mirror ball if I accidentally OD on application, unlike when using BE. Plus point is you can spot apply to use it as a concealer. I always use this on a moisturized face together with the primer. The final result is a very polished look, almost airbrushed. A definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by andthebeautyis

LOVE! i'm a big fan of mineral makeup because i like to look like i'm not wearing much makeup (at least on my face). i was using bare minerals before this and was quite happy with it until my skin took a turn for the worse late last year. my skin hasn't yet recovered and so i needed a product that had more coverage. this is where the laura mercier mineral powder comes in. it gives wonderful coverage (it even covers most of my blemishes!), doesn't look cakey, doesn't accentuate the flaky areas on my face, feels creamy on my skin; all while making my skin look naturally even. this is definitely HG material and i'm SO glad i found out about this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Iliriana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best thing that could have happened to my summer makeup regimen! Sooo glad I bought it! Medium coverage without a cakey finish, the luminessence mimics my skins natural glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jgcoolidge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation does cover nicely and is soft and comfortable. Classic beige is about the worst color I've seen. It looks ok at first but then it seems to turn grey if you sweat or perhaps overapply. I was embarassed when I caught a look at myself passing by a mirror.