April 16, 2014 | 2012 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this recently, it's expensive but the finish on it is AMAZING! I have been an on-and-off user of Bare Minerals, it's okay but Laura Mercier's mineral powder is even better. I'm Asian with tan/olive skin tones and I was matched with classic beige. This powder glides over fine lines and the coverage is buildable, but I get much more coverage with this than with Bare Minerals. The finish is a nice dewy finish, not matte and not shiny. I was using Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer (love it) but I wanted some other options just to switch it up. I have sensitive skin that is prone to acne so we will see if this breaks me out, but the TM has not been a source of breakouts so we'll see! I also use less of this than of BM to get the same coverage.

I like how this has a control top unlike BM, but it seems to be made out of flimsy plastic and easily breakable, but for now it is fairly portable...won't explode all over you when you try to open it.

Final words: Good finish, covers fine lines instead of settling into them, natural and polished look. It's expensive but it's worth it. If you've been using Bare Minerals, I recommend that you at least give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good stuff. This is the only mineral makeup I've experimented apart from BE and this blows it out of the water. I got myself the mini set that comes with the brushes, primer, illuminator and bronzer which is quite complete and portable. I like that you can twist the cap over the sifter so no worries about spillage.

Coverage is buildable, color doesn't turn (I'm using Natural Beige, for reference I'm a GA Face Fabric 3) and it doesn't leave you with a matte/flat face. In fact because I sometimes have a slight sheen on my forehead I'd dust on YSL's Semi-Loose powder to mattify. I never have to worry looking like a mirror ball if I accidentally OD on application, unlike when using BE. Plus point is you can spot apply to use it as a concealer. I always use this on a moisturized face together with the primer. The final result is a very polished look, almost airbrushed. A definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by andthebeautyis

LOVE! i'm a big fan of mineral makeup because i like to look like i'm not wearing much makeup (at least on my face). i was using bare minerals before this and was quite happy with it until my skin took a turn for the worse late last year. my skin hasn't yet recovered and so i needed a product that had more coverage. this is where the laura mercier mineral powder comes in. it gives wonderful coverage (it even covers most of my blemishes!), doesn't look cakey, doesn't accentuate the flaky areas on my face, feels creamy on my skin; all while making my skin look naturally even. this is definitely HG material and i'm SO glad i found out about this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Iliriana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best thing that could have happened to my summer makeup regimen! Sooo glad I bought it! Medium coverage without a cakey finish, the luminessence mimics my skins natural glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jgcoolidge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation does cover nicely and is soft and comfortable. Classic beige is about the worst color I've seen. It looks ok at first but then it seems to turn grey if you sweat or perhaps overapply. I was embarassed when I caught a look at myself passing by a mirror.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by daijy1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This stuff broke me out. I got these red bumps on my cheeks and it still hasn't cleared up! I did a comparison of the products that I am allergic to and have discovered that the ingredients in this product is IDENTICAL to that of everyday minerals. So although I did not like this product, IF YOU DO, you should try everyday minerals, as the two are practically the same, aside from the price difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm nc 30-35 in MAC and I bought this in Rich Vanilla after all the rave reviews on youtube (lisalisad1). I have to admit I was skeptical that it was that much better than other mineral foundations as Bare Minerals is okay and I've really been happy with my MAC MSF in med-plus for the price, but it truly is worth a little extra. The staying power is phenomenal- no smudging or transfer issues, the texture is velvety smooth and blends like a dream, and the finish is kind of dewy and luminescent. I really love this product, Holy Grail for sure and I will definitely repurchase. On a side note I am glad I found this because I had tried other LM products and was pretty disappointed in the quality for the price (TM was too flat, Secret Camoflage and concealer were too thick for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This mineral foundation is the best! I mix Soft Porcelain and Real Sand to get my perfect match and buff it over lightly applied Chanel Vitalumiere foundation. The LM minerals are very creamy and look lovely and dewey on my DSPW complexion. Ages ago I wrote a glowing review for Merle Norman's mineral foundation, but it doesn't even come close to LM and feels very "cakey" to me after using the LM. Will most definitely repurchase. Caveat: Although the packaging is brilliant, I do think the company could squeeze a bit more product into it for the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really, really wanted to like this product. I've used Bare Minerals for a few years and was just wanting to see if there was something on the market that better suited my skin. Unfortunately I couldn't make this product work for me. I tried it with primer (regular & mineral) and without, with tinted moisturizer and not . . . . but somehow it always seemed to just "sit" on my skin. I love, love, love the container this mineral powder comes in but unfortunately it wasn't enough for me to keep it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by sueg374

Bought this as my summer foundation. For ref., I have combination skin that is oiler in summer, wear BB Sand in the Skin Finish fndt, or NW20. I got loose Mineral Powder fndt. in Real Sand, color is a good match (at least at this point in the season). Coverage is on the lighter side, which is exactly what I was looking for, but I imagine it is buildable. The finish is very nice - a subtle natural glow - not totally matte, but not shiny (like with BE). It seems to have very good staying power. Would definitely recommend.