August 28, 2014 | 1712 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Hm....not really digging the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Plus. I bought this foundation for me to wear on nights out that would offer full coverage and decent staying power. Full coverage, yes...Decent staying power, I think not. I went to a concert wearing this foundation and I was absolutely horrified when I came home and looked in the mirror- this foundation had melted off in huge patches- and I have dry skin! I thought this was some sort of joke. Unfortunately I lost my receipt and therefore could not return it. Since I have dry skin and this happened to me, I cannot fathom recommending this to someone with oily skin which is why I gave it such a low rating. The only thing about it for me that is keeping its head above water is that for the first hour that you wear it it does look flawless...but goes quickly downhill from there. I would recommend spending your money elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MAC NC42/ Honey in Bobbi Brown/ Honey Beige 60 mat velvet MAKEUPFOREVER
Indian Asian Skin/ Oily

Does mat and does make my skin look velvety.

Good sanitary packaging, a bit pricey but worth the mat break for my oily skin. I have very oily skin in summers, and dry cheeks in winters. I wear this daily and it covers my very dark under eye circles and hyper pigmentation very well. Apply moisturizer first since this foundation is drying and you need to work fast with your brush. Use their concealer first for the under eye bad boys. Then use any colourless finishing powder. Done. Stays on all day even in summers. I need to blot with blotting paper twice in summers but thats my very oily skin really. This foundation is the closest ive gotten to looking smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by BlessedBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hated this foundation it didn't help with my oily skin it made my skin more oily. I applied it very lightly and it still looked really cakey on my face and it eccentuated some dry patches I had it made my face feel gross and dry. I tried 5 diffrent shades and every single one looked really pink on my face so if you have yellow undertones I would not recommend this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had my first bottle of this for a couple of years. Maybe that's unsanitary, but oh well. I got the shade #15 Alabaster. I am super fair and this shade comes out of the bottle almost white, but with a damp MAC 187 it blends to match perfectly (not white). The only place I get oily is the t-zone. (Ladies remember foundation is not going to keep your face matte all day, especially if you are an "oil slick". Its like women expect the foundation to do all the work. If your face gets oily, use blotting paper.) Coverage is pretty good and it is buildable if you want fuller coverage. This foundation is okay, but I much prefer my MAC Face & Body because it isn't as heavy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Aijamal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dissapointed,too many cons: did not control oil, looks cakey, accentuates dry patches. Even applying it on primer and using foundation brush didnt help. Threw it away, wont buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by mle79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So with all the rave reviews I decided to give this a try. Boo. Didnt like it. It gives a pretty good coverage but nothing compares to my EL double matte foundation. I found the MUFE was hard to blend in and left me looking streaky. I guess what aint broke dont fix it so Ill continue on with my EL.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by lexanoelle

While this foundation wasn't the WORST foundation I've ever used, it wasn't my favorite. The coverage was decent however I like foundations with fuller coverage (it is buildable though) and it did matify my skin, but I felt that it didn't last as long as I had hoped for, especially since I used the HD microfinish powder with it as well. I am also not a fan of their color selection, or lack thereof. I am satisfied with this product but it did disappoint me a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

This is one of the better foundations Ive tried this year. They actually had a color match for my NC10 skin!!! The coverage is sheer but it looked so natural & skin-like.

Although I really liked this foundation, I had to return it. It never lasted on my oily skin no matter what primer/setting powder was used. If you have normal to dry skin though, give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by beautyarte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation! I have really oily skin all over. I am really acne prone and I have plenty of blemishes, although fading I want my foundation to provide maximum coverage of everything and this foundation gets the job done. I am overall satisfied with this product and I have heard a lot of people say that it dries fast and I find that a lot of MUFE products dry fast but they also last forever. Being completely honest I have slept in my makeup (not recommended and doesn't usually happen) and it did not even smudge. I was completely shocked so make sure you do a good job at cleansing so it doesn't contribute to clogged pores. This makeup is very great for oily skin I used this during NYC summer and it did not move! I am definitely going to repurchase this product but I feel like they can have more shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

NEW HG! I feel like a traitor because my old HG was MUFE HD. For reference I'm 118 in HD and 30 in Matte velvet.

I've been through about 3-4 bottles of HD and it was getting a bit pricey...I actually remember buying that stuff when it was $40, not $42.

I'm very hesitant and unwilling to stray away from a foundation that has worked so perfectly for me but the price tag was making my college student budget cranky so saving a few bucks wherever I could would be nice.

For the same amount of product [1oz] it's $36! I don't mind that it doesn't have a pump because it's a squeeze tube/bottle - clean and sanitary.

I have wombo combo skin + acne prone skin - VERY oily t-zone and normal cheeks which do get dry in the winter. This foundation actually held up a lot better regarding oil control especially around my nose. MUFE HD would pool up around my nose after a few hours of wear but since I looked so picture perfect in photographs I excused it.

Matte velvet is much better for everyday wear! Now I can save my HD foundation for special occasions and not worry about splurging too much on foundation [which I use almost everyday]

I got a sample of this to try before investing in the full sized tube. The SA at sephora gave me a generous amount which lasted for about 3-4 uses so I got to thoroughly test run this bad boy.

This didn't breakout me out and did what it was suppose to do - oil control. This is a keeper for me :D