Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 11/26/2013 4:46:00 AM

My hair is usually oil after 3rd day. To try to save time, hair color and hair breakage I needed a dry shampoo. I wish i had found this years ago!! Works great. Cheap and get well over 15-20 uses per bottle.

WARNING: if you use dry shampoo often, avoid spraying it on your roots. It will most likely block your pores and cause build-up, which is not good for the health of your hair. I'm making sure I use a mild clarifying shampoo every few washes and now just spray it a couple of cms down from my scalp as I'd noticed some hair loss recently since I stepped up using Batiste. It could be coincidental but I'm not taking any chances. I'm also going to try the Batiste XXL Plumping Powder as it comes in a canister and might be less drying as there's no alcohol. I have very oily roots which means my hair needs washing every day. I had tried Batiste dry shampoo in the past with no success but thought I'd try it again. I followed other MUA reviewers' advice when spraying it on and my hair still looks greasy. I will finish the can but then I'll probably give up. Shame, as it would have been an absolute godsend if it had worked for me. It's probably not suitable for those with very oily roots, just a moderate level of oiliness. UPDATE: I've now tried the entire line(!) and find the Dark Brown, XXL Big and Bouncy and Fresh really good - I've since re-purchased several times and I'm pleased to give my hair a bit of a break from all the washing! I'm especially impressed that I can blitz my hair at the beginning of the day and then again later with the same level of volume. A godsend while I'm training my hair to be less oily. I can't give it 5 lippies as I find it somewhat drying if it gets to my ends plus there can sometimes be a problem with white residue, requiring a lot of brushing. 2nd UPDATE: I've been stretching my hair-washing to every two days which is a MASSIVE deal for me. I'm four weeks into this regime and I think I'm turning a corner. My hair looks less greasy by the morning of my non-wash day than it used to look by the evening of my wash day (if you know what I mean!). And that's before I spray on Batiste. Hurrah!

on 11/24/2013 1:06:00 AM

This is a pretty meh dry shampoo. It left white, powdery flecks on my hair an didn't soak up oil on my roots. I prefer the tresseme one much better.

on 11/17/2013 10:54:00 PM

I absolutely love dry shampoos and am crazy about this brand. They have 5-6 scents that all smell great. The product does come out as a white powder so I do a couple of things to combat having splotches of white in my hair. First of all, with any dry shampoo that comes in an aerosol spray one must shake the can very well before applying. This helps to make sure that the powder hasn't settled in the bottom, if this isn't done regularly you will run out of dispersant before using all the product. Secondly, you have to spray the product holding the can 8" or more away and move the can around so that the product doesn't shoot in just one spot. Also give yourself 30 minutes or more between spraying the product and styling your hair, I have even sprayed it on my hair liberally before going to bed and the next morning I have no white powder residue, all the excess oil is absorbed and I have tons of volume.

Using dry shampoos has helped me extend my blowout and style and has kept my hair in great shape since I am not washing and styling daily. I also use a good boar's hair brush (Mason Pearson) that helps to distribute the oils along the entire hair shaft so that they don't collect at the scalp. If you are using and not getting good results just try lengthening the amount of time you leave the product on your hair before brushing so that it has time to absorb the oils. Hope this helps and that you find the product as useful as I do.

on 11/17/2013 3:47:00 PM

I have very oily hair one day after shower. I had become hopeless trying other dry shampoos that did nothing to my hair. This is absolutely amazing! I am still in see every time I spray my greasy morning hair and it suddenly looks and feels fresh, clean, soft, voluminous! The smell is a fresh baby powder and not too potent. So so in love

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have super oily 2nd day hair and this is my holy grail dry shampoo! I've tried everything from salon to drugstore and nothing compares to Batiste! My hair is a dark brown with violet undertones and it doesn't make my hair look white. I just spray it, rub it in with my fingers, brush my hair and give it a little blast with the hair drier for a little volume. This lasts all day which is super rare for a dry shampoo. If you do notice your hair is a little white, just run your hand under the tap and lightly go over your roots with your damp fingers!

I don't love the smell of the original one but it's not bad - kinda smells like pledge or something. I prefer the tropical scent over the others but I'll use any of them I can get my hands on! I absolutely love the retro packaging and I can always get this for under $10 (just got another bottle for $6.99) so its super affordable!

Go by this and buy backups! I promise you will never try another dry shampoo again!!

on 11/10/2013 12:08:00 PM

Great dry shampoo!

It mattifies the hair, easy to brush out, pleasant scent and cheap! It also helps to add more volume.

It makes my scalp a bit itchy and whiter (not the hair, scalp only) which Klorane dry shampoo doesn't BUT the price difference make Klorane not worth buying.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the best dry shampoo I have ever used! It makes the hair really soft and does exactly what it says on the can. I use the floral one the most.

on 11/7/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

HG!!! My favorite dry shampoo. I love it! I love the ''brown hair'' version, it's the one I currently use; it's easier to use because this one the powder is not white but brown-ish so easier to hide. I use it with a small comb, making a line from the back to the front of my hairs, then spray the roots, then massage it in my hair and then brush my hairs.

The nozzle neve clog, wich is great!

I also like this product because it gave volume (not as much as the volume one but still, volume!).

I think it's a really great buy, I just wish it lasted longer for the price. I buy it for around 7$ at Winners.

Update on 18/04/2014 about the medium brown one: My HG dry shampoo. I love everything about it, smells great, absorb the oils and give volume. I only wish that it would last longer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Baptiste is great.
Dry Shampoo is versatile, I use it on second day hair for fresh hair and a clean volumized look. The price is reasonable and the selection is great! I love that they don't force you into one smell, you will be able to find something you like.
This is a HG for me, it doesn't leave a white cast or gross residue. I can count on this product for a good hair day!
I will repurchase over and over.. No other dry shampoo compares.

Top Rated Batiste Products