December 22, 2014 | 747 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by tripperjj

I really like this product. In my opinion it is the best primer on the market and I have tried many. For those that are using it as "clear make-up" you will be much happier using under a powder or liquid foundation. I have been using this for a few years and repurchased it many times. Does anyone agree that $25 seems like a lot for 2 oz. this product? The price is my only complaint. Otherwise I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by rayna_rose

wow I really like this product!!!.....it really does provide a nice smooth surface for me to put my foundation on......this product did not cause me to break out too which is great because I have acne prone skin.......I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day when I'm at work......my makeup stays put all day.......when you do put this on make sure that you do wait at least 2 minutes before putting on your foundation........when I first starting using it I didn't do that and it was all smudged...........I highly recommend this product......I love how smooth and flawless my complexion looks now

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This actually makes my skin look worse. It makes it too matte and gives it a very dull finifh. I love how it feels, but whenever I've worn it, people ask me if I'm feeling well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 1:37:00 AM More reviews by elorend

Okay, so I only just got this product and am in my second hour of wearing it :) but I LOVE IT. I hope I don't have to come back and update (down-date). I'm wearing it with the new glow sheers foundations from Neutrogena, which has an spf of 30 in it, so i'm glad it doesn't have extra stuff in it. I have blotchy, red/brown on my pale skin (sun damage, sensitive, past breakouts) and this totally toned everything down... I barely had to use any foundation, just enough to even out my skin tone. Seems to work great with this foundation! As I said, I hope I don't have to come back and change this review... we'll see when I wear it to work tomorrow :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is my HG for primers. i love this stuff. i've been using it since Feb of this year and i'm just now starting on my 2nd tube. it shrinks my pores, eliminates some redness and i'm nowhere near as oily during the day. it is a fantastic step before i apply my MMU. you only need a pea sized amount for your entire face and i love the smell - so clean! i will never leave the house w/o The Present on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The freakiest and yet the most effective primer I've tried. Invisible Spackle -- that's what this is. Like lots of 40-somethings, I have pores I want to vanquish, and this stuff makes my skin look velvety smooth and 5 years younger even without ANY foundation over it. I dot liquid or cream concealer on the irksome dark splotches for the "velvety smooth and 15 years younger" look. Joy. BTW, I really like the scent of this, which is vaguely medicinal.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by arnolds3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love most philosophy products but this one was just ok. Smelled nice & made my skin feel smooth but I have tried better primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by luxliving

This is my HG makeup products---one of them anyway! I've been using this product for 3 years. I just received another order of it today from Sephora. I never like to run out so when I have a busy schedule and I'm unable to run to Sephora to get it...I just order it instead...LOL.
This product gives my face an airbrushed appearance and I can truly go without makeup with it on. I use it with my BE (Bare Essentials) products and it's perfection! I can leave the house without makeup but I can not leave without The Present.

KEY!***Use only a little bit. A dab on each cheek, a dab on the chin, a dab on the forehead and that's ENOUGH. You don't need more than that..just blend it out and allow it to dry for a couple of minutes and that should be it. Also, I'm African American with medium brown skin and if it works for me..I know it can work for anyone with lighter or darker skin. TRICK that works for me: Keep it in the fridge especially on hot, humid days.

Gave it a 5 rating overall!, It's reasonable in price when compared to other primers out there on the market. I love the packaging of it and the fact that it's in a tube (reduces contamination and easy to apply and not waste). I've used Laura Geller and Smashbox. Laura Geller left me oily (I havev combo skin), Smashbox kind of beaded up on my skin while I was applying makeup...even though I used very little. The only one I've tried that I like almost as well as The Present is Tarte.........that one is also good!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2007 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tatsky2

This product wasn't WOW as I expected but it worked ok. It made my face smoother. Pleasant lavender scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2007 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Shannon986

I bought this primer with the clear powder as a set since I recently ran out of my Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I was looking for something more matte since smashbox is a little too silky for the hotter weather, but I hate it... its fine as a moisturizer at night but not under foundation (I wear MAC Studio Tech) it makes my foundations look streaky and when I try to blend it it only looks worse. This stuff definitely needs to be used with a loose powder foundation. Not for me :(