April 17, 2014 | 1924 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This actually makes my skin look worse. It makes it too matte and gives it a very dull finifh. I love how it feels, but whenever I've worn it, people ask me if I'm feeling well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 1:37:00 AM More reviews by elorend

Okay, so I only just got this product and am in my second hour of wearing it :) but I LOVE IT. I hope I don't have to come back and update (down-date). I'm wearing it with the new glow sheers foundations from Neutrogena, which has an spf of 30 in it, so i'm glad it doesn't have extra stuff in it. I have blotchy, red/brown on my pale skin (sun damage, sensitive, past breakouts) and this totally toned everything down... I barely had to use any foundation, just enough to even out my skin tone. Seems to work great with this foundation! As I said, I hope I don't have to come back and change this review... we'll see when I wear it to work tomorrow :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is my HG for primers. i love this stuff. i've been using it since Feb of this year and i'm just now starting on my 2nd tube. it shrinks my pores, eliminates some redness and i'm nowhere near as oily during the day. it is a fantastic step before i apply my MMU. you only need a pea sized amount for your entire face and i love the smell - so clean! i will never leave the house w/o The Present on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The freakiest and yet the most effective primer I've tried. Invisible Spackle -- that's what this is. Like lots of 40-somethings, I have pores I want to vanquish, and this stuff makes my skin look velvety smooth and 5 years younger even without ANY foundation over it. I dot liquid or cream concealer on the irksome dark splotches for the "velvety smooth and 15 years younger" look. Joy. BTW, I really like the scent of this, which is vaguely medicinal.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by arnolds3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love most philosophy products but this one was just ok. Smelled nice & made my skin feel smooth but I have tried better primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by luxliving

This is my HG makeup products---one of them anyway! I've been using this product for 3 years. I just received another order of it today from Sephora. I never like to run out so when I have a busy schedule and I'm unable to run to Sephora to get it...I just order it instead...LOL.
This product gives my face an airbrushed appearance and I can truly go without makeup with it on. I use it with my BE (Bare Essentials) products and it's perfection! I can leave the house without makeup but I can not leave without The Present.

KEY!***Use only a little bit. A dab on each cheek, a dab on the chin, a dab on the forehead and that's ENOUGH. You don't need more than that..just blend it out and allow it to dry for a couple of minutes and that should be it. Also, I'm African American with medium brown skin and if it works for me..I know it can work for anyone with lighter or darker skin. TRICK that works for me: Keep it in the fridge especially on hot, humid days.

Gave it a 5 rating overall!, It's reasonable in price when compared to other primers out there on the market. I love the packaging of it and the fact that it's in a tube (reduces contamination and easy to apply and not waste). I've used Laura Geller and Smashbox. Laura Geller left me oily (I havev combo skin), Smashbox kind of beaded up on my skin while I was applying makeup...even though I used very little. The only one I've tried that I like almost as well as The Present is Tarte.........that one is also good!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2007 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tatsky2

This product wasn't WOW as I expected but it worked ok. It made my face smoother. Pleasant lavender scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2007 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Shannon986

I bought this primer with the clear powder as a set since I recently ran out of my Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I was looking for something more matte since smashbox is a little too silky for the hotter weather, but I hate it... its fine as a moisturizer at night but not under foundation (I wear MAC Studio Tech) it makes my foundations look streaky and when I try to blend it it only looks worse. This stuff definitely needs to be used with a loose powder foundation. Not for me :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 6:18:00 AM More reviews by cemjay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love using this product as it just smooths onto my skin effortlessly. I have oily/combination skin and so do not like wearing foundations. I cannot feel this when it is on my skin and to the touch my face feels smooth and soft. I cannot say it conceals the pores or lines any more than any other primer I have used (sephora, smashbox photo primer and the smashbox dermaxyl one) - hence the 4 lippies (if it did that I would not hesitate to give it 5) but it does seem to stem the oil production and it does make my complexion look "finished" and makes my skin feel flawlessly smooth. I was unsure but I think I will have to buy more... ...unless something else new and shiny catches my eye first :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This clear makeup was the first I heard of before the primer revolution. I used it then and loved it. I smoothed out the bumpy surfaces and large pores providing a smooth surface for applying my makeup. I have acne-prone skin and it did not make me break out. However, now that there are so many primers on the market, this is not my first choice. Compared to smashbox, tarte, and others, the consistenly of "The Present" is thick and greasy. Try another.