Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/2/2007 9:49:00 PM

Great product. I use this as a primer under my bare escentuals. Makes my super oily skin perfect and helps my makeup last and stay fresh. Smells like lavender.

This stuff is awesome! I've been using this for the past couple of years and I love it! It's become part of my morning routine, I always put it on even if I'm not wearing makeup. I have acne-prone skin and this has never casued any breakouts, if anything I think it's helped my skin block out the bad elements that can cause acne.

on 8/15/2007 7:06:00 PM

I love love love love love this product. As said below, you have to use only a LITTLE bit, and WAIT for 2 minutes before applying makeup.

Just using this alone has made my complexion look so much clearer and my skin so much smoother. I've been getting compliments on my radiant skin - which has never happened before :) And my makeup stays on longer.

The only issue is that this primer does not work well with my gel blushes. But it's totally fine for my powder products.

I have combination skin that's relatively acne prone (sensitive) and I have had no troubles at all with this product. I can't give it enough lippies!

on 8/13/2007 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK, the only reason this didn't get 5 lippies from me is that it doesn't work well with certain foundations. My skin runs from dry to oily depending on the time of the month and the seasons, so I switch up foundations as needed. This doesn't seem to work well with my matte foundation, Clinique Superfit, but its still doable. This works great with Clinique's Dewey Smooth (a more moisturizing foundation), but it didn't work at all with Clinique's Repairware. I don't use this every day, but more when I really need my foundation to last a long time or during those super-oily times. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out at all. I tried this with The Supernatural and didn't like the pair at all. I only use The Present with my liquid foundations. UPDATE: I changed this to 3 lippies because I found yet another liquid foundation it doesn't work well with. Yes, I know its not meant to be a primer, but I also know I'm not the only one that uses it as a primer.

on 8/10/2007 9:06:00 PM

I really like this product. In my opinion it is the best primer on the market and I have tried many. For those that are using it as "clear make-up" you will be much happier using under a powder or liquid foundation. I have been using this for a few years and repurchased it many times. Does anyone agree that $25 seems like a lot for 2 oz. this product? The price is my only complaint. Otherwise I love it!

on 7/26/2007 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

wow I really like this product!!!.....it really does provide a nice smooth surface for me to put my foundation on......this product did not cause me to break out too which is great because I have acne prone skin.......I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day when I'm at work......my makeup stays put all day.......when you do put this on make sure that you do wait at least 2 minutes before putting on your foundation........when I first starting using it I didn't do that and it was all smudged...........I highly recommend this product......I love how smooth and flawless my complexion looks now

on 7/26/2007 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This actually makes my skin look worse. It makes it too matte and gives it a very dull finifh. I love how it feels, but whenever I've worn it, people ask me if I'm feeling well.

on 7/26/2007 1:37:00 AM

Okay, so I only just got this product and am in my second hour of wearing it :) but I LOVE IT. I hope I don't have to come back and update (down-date). I'm wearing it with the new glow sheers foundations from Neutrogena, which has an spf of 30 in it, so i'm glad it doesn't have extra stuff in it. I have blotchy, red/brown on my pale skin (sun damage, sensitive, past breakouts) and this totally toned everything down... I barely had to use any foundation, just enough to even out my skin tone. Seems to work great with this foundation! As I said, I hope I don't have to come back and change this review... we'll see when I wear it to work tomorrow :)

on 7/25/2007 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is my HG for primers. i love this stuff. i've been using it since Feb of this year and i'm just now starting on my 2nd tube. it shrinks my pores, eliminates some redness and i'm nowhere near as oily during the day. it is a fantastic step before i apply my MMU. you only need a pea sized amount for your entire face and i love the smell - so clean! i will never leave the house w/o The Present on my face.

on 7/17/2007 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The freakiest and yet the most effective primer I've tried. Invisible Spackle -- that's what this is. Like lots of 40-somethings, I have pores I want to vanquish, and this stuff makes my skin look velvety smooth and 5 years younger even without ANY foundation over it. I dot liquid or cream concealer on the irksome dark splotches for the "velvety smooth and 15 years younger" look. Joy. BTW, I really like the scent of this, which is vaguely medicinal.