September 19, 2014 | 1166 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Wonderful highlighter. Subtle, but it really works. The price is steep, but this is something I will never run out of, since you need so little.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this out after reading every single review here on MUA (I had to be certain before I spent 28 on a highlighter!)...needless to say, I'm not disappointed. I am currently an NC30 with golden undertones and Albatross leaves a pretty sheen to my skin that does not look garish or frosty at all. It's not glittery or overly shimmery, it just leaves a glowy radiance. It looks a little scary in the pan (frosty and white) but it looks like a subtle light gold on me. It's very pricey but you only need a tiny bit so it'll last ages, making it a worth-while investment. The powder itself is finely milled and applies on my skin really smoothly. I put it down my nose, a dab on my chin, along my cheekbones, on my tearducts...it looks very nice. I'd repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by tiffany0794

I love this highlighter! It's everything I can ask for. The gold sheen that it leaves is perfect for the holidays and a hot summer day. As the light hits the cheekbones, the highlighter will do its justice. A little goes a long way for Albatross, just like many of the NARS products; therefore, one purchase is usually enough for one to use for a very long time. Not a fan of their usual packaging though, because of the dust and shimmer that can easily stick to the entire velvety case. Looking at other highlighter products out there, I still would not choose any before this. Love love love!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by spoog

I wanted this for ages and ages. Im a fan of Bb shimmer bricks and Smashbox softlights but really hankered after this as Im a nars whore. Im soooo disappointed:( its tiny and really glittery instead of glowy. It cant really be used for an all over glow like shimmer bricks as the particles are rather course. Ive used it with loads of different brushes and it just looks cheap . Im now using it as a brow highlighter and inner corners of my eyes just to use it up. Bit pants really!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

I've had Albatross for what seems like ages, and I love it. I use it to highlight my cheeks, nose, collarbones, shins, thighs - you name it, you can use Albatross! I use my MAC 129SE brush, which is fluffier than normal for 129s, and has a short handle so I can really control it better, to apply Albatross where I want it. It IS glittery and shimmery, but I don't find it to make me look greasy, or contain chunky bits or be gritty. I also like to layer this over NARS The Multiple in Luxor for a long lasting, really sexy pop of illumination. The price is hefty, but when compared to things like Moon Beam, this is worth it. There is so much in the pan that it lasts forever, even with heavy use, and it's infinitely easier to travel with than a liquid highlighter. I love that I can throw it in my bag for a night out and not have to worry about it leaking, cracking or exploding.

On my NC20-25 skin I find Albatross to give me a white-golden sheen, if that makes sense. It isn't stark white, it isn't silver, it isn't totally gold. It's just enough to make it look like you're glowing from within. Overall, it's a product I love, and will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Gwonggg

I'm an associate at sephora, male, nc40-42 Asian skin tone, and I LOVE this hilighter! A lot if the Nara blushes have the same golem sheen found in orgasm, torrid, etc, but albatross is just that golden sheen without the color! Very soft in the pan, you only need one swipe of your brush to do both cheekbones. I use my Mac 109 brush to really buff the powder into the skin and it just gives the most beautiful glow to the cheeks. Great for putting over a matte blush, hilighting browbones, or even wearing it on the cheeks alone, BEAUTIFUL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh my gosh. This is the highlighter i have been searching for!!! I have yellow undertones and pink toned highlighters just don't work for me. For the past 6 months I have been searching for the perfect gold highlighter that won't look muddy, won't look bronzy, won't look chalky and had a decent bit of fine shimmer (I actually like the look of very very finely milled shimmer on my cheeks, especially if they are gold shimmers since it makes my NC25 skin look like it's glowing from underneath whatever blush I have one) that's very very finely grained. After looking through the select MSFs I could get my hands on at the moment, being a huge fan of mac, I found that they almost always looked like a chalky glitter bronzer mess.

I then turned to sephora and after seeing this on youtube, I had to try it out. I was so surprised when I got to the store and saw the size of this. It is TINY. and I mean TINY. granted, you don't need that much, but still, you get double or triple the amount in MSFs for a dollar more.

I bought it anyways and I'm so glad I did because it's amazing!! It really gives a gold shimmer to the face, that's not noticeable as "oh she just put on highlighter", but very notice "oh wow she has such a gorgeous glow!". It looks natural enough for daily wear but it's very noticeable on the skin in a beautiful way. The shimmer is a pale gold and it's evenly distributed throughout the powder so you don't get the one odd glitter in some random place particle on your face. It's not glittery at ALL and it's the only highlighter I've tried in my entire life that I can use on the bridge of my nose and not look overdone. It's also a great brow bone highlight, more so than any of my other eyeshadow highlight colors.

I do have to say that if you aren't into shimmer or if you have pink toned skin, this is not for you. It you however, are yellow or beige toned with NC30 or lighter skin (this may not work as well on darker skin tones because the pale gold may look white on your skin), this is HG material. Yes the packaging is awful and dirties easily, yes this is ridiculously priced, but I love this so much that I'd give it a five anyways and i'd definately repurchase if i don't find a cheaper MSF alternative.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by didi23

Well this is really expensive for what you get.... Just pearly gold shimmer. Doesn't really do much good on darker skin just looked like really light gold from a distance it looked really chalky and semi frosty. Going back to Sephora:(

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryMojito

Its okay. It is shimmery. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

I received this in swap and I never tried this in person, but I had to try it with all the hype. This is a white highlighter with a golden sheen, it is not glittery at all & the shimmer is low key and very sophisticated. Even though this was a swap, I buy a lot of NARS and know how much this costs & it is NOT expensive at all. It will take at least a year of VIGOROUS use to get through half of this & that is nothing when the cost is spread out.

I don't think it is worth all the hype, I think it is a very good highlighter, but not like this WOW. But if you want a subtle, great highlighter this is a very good one.