Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 5/26/2008 9:14:00 AM

I love this mascara!!! Yes it is pricey but it lengthens and curls my lashes beautifully and doesn't flake. I've tried others that do the same, but flake and are a mess to remove.

This mascara is not that special. Actually, I prefer Covergirl lash exact and lashblast to this mascara at a fraction of the cost. The packaging is nice but that is about it. I have tried both the waterproof version in the shimmery bronze color which was nice at first but it dried out SOO quickly. Next I tried the regular version and it is just ok. Not for girls who like lots of volume which I prefer. Overall, a waste of $ pretty much.

*********
UPDATE : I took one lippie off....I took this on vacation thinking I would grow to like it -- I now despise it even more. It clumps...it really does nothing for my lashes..probably even makes them look more sparse if that is possible.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is such a great mascara, it does wonders for my lashes. It's just one of those great refreshing finds that does what it's meant to do. It does need at least a second coat, but it gives a perfect effect. It does lengthen in my opinion and separates very well, giving a neat yet glamorous effect. Will always repurchase!!

on 5/21/2008 5:43:00 PM

I purchased this, cause I think short full black lashes look also sexy.

PRO
-the color is intensiv.
-gives really volume, through not much...
-seperates well....as long as you dont put it too much on lashes
- "Hey! It's Chane! WoW!" you will hear this in the Ladies Room

COC
-if you like long lashes, dont buy it.
-very expesive!!!!
-if you like thick lashes, ...think well before you buy it. lol

on 5/10/2008 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I got seduced into buying this in Sephora in Paris (we don't have them in the UK). It was the most I've spent on mascara (around 22), and I have to say it was a big disappointment. It didn't do anything special to my lashes (I found the effect to be similar to Great Lash), and the product in the tube dried out fairly quickly. The only good point was the gorgeous packaging, which is probably where most of my money went.

on 5/6/2008 4:31:00 PM

This mascara has prompted me to write my first review on MUA; it's that good! I'd been loyal to Lancome Definicils for 10+ years...the best I could find for my long, thin lashes but it was too wet for the first several weeks of use [I was forever cleaning up with a q-tip around my eyelids] and too dry thereafter. Inimitable is the perfect consistency - goes on very clean + natural-looking at first, no globs, clumps, or smears. You can continue to add layers and build it up to something quite dramatic yet lashes stay soft, not hard and crunchy like with the Definicils. It stays on really well, even slept in it accidentally and there were no Tammy-Faye blotches on my pillow. I'd love to find a drugstore mascara I like nearly as much but for now, this is a necessary splurge!

on 5/5/2008 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This mascara didn't do anything to my lashes ( as if the tube was empty! ) and it dried out very quickly. Waste of money.

Love love love this mascara. I have it in black and a really cool chocolate shimmery color that looks dark brown on lashes. Not clumpy at all. Thin but lengthens amazingly. Stays on all day without flakes. The brush is really cool, kind of cactus spiky. Of course the tube is beautiful and well designed because it's square and doesn't roll off the counter!

on 4/27/2008 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It's very rich in color and I like the brush. I don't like how it clumps and flakes. It's a little harder to take off.

on 4/27/2008 1:19:00 PM

actually i haven't bought this one at all, it was the sample from other purchase of chanel stuffs. but i did try it, and it was amazing..definely will get one once i finished my bit(but i have got tons, when i can finish them....)