Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 6/23/2009 4:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is one of the best products ever developed! All through my teen years I was plagued by sweaty underarms. I would never raise my arms in class and wearing anything but a dark cotton shirt just wasn't an option. I wish I had this product back then.

I've learned how to handle the itching. I never use it after I shave, and I don't use it more than 2 nights in a row. I'll skip a night or two because the itching can become intense. After I apply, I lay in bed with my arms raised over my head until it dries, which is just a couple of minutes. I do use a clinical strength deoderant/anti-perspirant in the mornings, but that's just because I feel naked without it and I like the extra wetness protection, not that I really need it with Certain-Dri. Great product!!!

EDITED: I LOVE IT EVEN MORE!!! I chased after a loose dog in my neighborhood yesterday...Hot and humid 93 degrees in NC. DRY AS A BONE AFTERWARDS!!! Loves it!

on 6/19/2009 6:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was a bit nervous to try this after I read on here about the itching and stinging and such, but I tried it anyways because of my disgusting sweating problem. I went out and got this at Walmart one day, and tried it. So far, I have no gotten any of the problems written here, but my sweating is still going strong. I'm a bit afraid because I was sure this would work for me. I gave it a 3 because I'll probably use up this whole bottle to see if it works.

on 6/19/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love Love Love this product! It works great. I have tried several of the over counter clinical strength deodorants, secret and degree, and they do not even work half as well as this product. Just use certain dri at night and the next day little to no perspiration. It's amazing!

on 6/10/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

OMG!!! this is the perfect anti-perspirant for a Texas girl! I live in Houston which is freakishly hot and I'm always sweating. I have ruined countless blouses and dressed but no more thanks to Certain-Dri! This product works miracles that other's can't. I've tried everything on the market, including those clinical strengths and nothing but Certain-Dri works! The only bad thing is that your underarms will itch like crazy (I've been using it for months and stillhave the itching) and it may sting and cause a slight rash on the skin if used directly after shaving! Small price to pay to be sweat free!

on 6/10/2009 2:28:00 PM

I can't believe it but I've finally found an antipersiprant that works for me. I sweat a lot (which sucks b/c I'm the only person on my both sides of my family that needs to wear an antipersp., the rest only needs deodorants) and I've tried almost all brands of deodorants, esp. all of the clinical-strength ones, but I still sweat when I'm just standing still in a cold room.
I saw reviews for this deodorant and gave it a try, and I love it b/c it works!! I've only tried it for a week but my armpits have been dry the entire time...I apply at night, and only apply on my Secret in the morning for a little add protection and it truly works.

Yes, it does sting and itch when you apply it but that goes away after a couple minutes and I'm willing to put up with that for a day of not having to worry about sweat stains...but i do wish it wasn't a roll-on b/c it can drip when you're applying

on 6/6/2009 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first time writing a review but i felt that i had too. I am a VERY, VERY sweaty girl; BUT not any more i have been using this for the last 3 days and i have seen so much improvement.

I had to recommend this to one of my sisters cause she has the same problem that i have (and we even went to the doctor to get a prescription deodorant) But she also loves it. now i dont have to worry about my sweat marks!!

BTW dont shave your underarms before using this....

on 6/5/2009 5:47:00 PM

Ok, this product does work. BUT it leaves you with VERY itchy armpits. So itchy that it is hard to fall asleep! Seriously! I have now decided to only use it in special occasions, when I know I will be wearing a colored blouse, etc.

on 6/2/2009 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was hesitant to ever try Certain Dri, since the Secret Clinical didn't work for me at all, but my local CVS was closing and this was on clearance for $1.74. And, my pits are dry! I even took a 3-mile walk in the blazing sun today and no wetness, and I used Certain Dri 2 nights ago!

I was JUST ABOUT to book myself a Botox session for my underarms, but it looks like I saved myself a lot of money (and pain, and embarrassment).

There is one negative - after putting this on, my underarms are wet, itchy, and a little bit uncomfortable. But I don't care, this WORKS! It's a miracle!

on 6/2/2009 1:18:00 AM

I'm on my fourth bottle of this after two years of first buying this. THIS STUFF HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. seriously. i was the girl who wouldn't raise her hand in class because she had sweat through her shirt by second period. i was the girl who would wear only black t-shirts to hide the stains. i was the girl who wore two t-shirts at once to mask the stains, but would sweat through BOTH shirts within a couple of hours.
with this stuff, i am proud to say that i am no longer that girl. i don't sweat a drop with this. not at ALL. and i live in texas, which is known for its freakishly long and hot summers. i am tons more confident because i no longer sweat like my older brothers (they complain about their sweating, but refuse to use this because they hate roll-ons :P)
i do still wear black t-shirts all the time, but that's because i want to (i'm a rocker chick :P), not because i have to. everyone should try this. seriously.

on 5/10/2009 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is unbelievable! At the time I bought it I figured I'd try it, but how great could it be. I've tried a number of anti-perspirants/deodorants and thought it strange to put this on at night. Something amazing happens during that night and it works all day! Who knew. Just remember to put it on at night!