October 31, 2014 | 834 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edited 8.22.08: While I really like this makeup and the Intensive, I have recently re-tried the Semi-Matte and O-Glo and I'm really liking them too. I think each has its use. Everyday formuals are the matte or the semi-matte; the intensive is for extremely hot or oily conditions or more coverage, and O-Glo creates a more dewy slightly more sheer, look.
I am starting to suspect that Intensive, and Fyrinnae Superpower in Matte, are a little too drying for everday use, that my skin may do better over time with Semi-Matte, Matte or O-Glo, but that's not confirmed yet. I think my skin may overcompensate with oil using the Intensive and the similar Fyrinnae superpower, especially, although those really will probably be for more coverage going forward. I will update this as needed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by nnana

I tried this after failing with EM's intensive formula and I must say, I LOVE THIS! The coverage is pretty similar to what you'd get with EM's intensive formula, except it doesn't magnify pores nor make your face/nose get so oily. It lasted an entire day on my face and didn't oxidise that badly compared to their intensive formula foundations. One thing though, I'm undecided about whether its the cause of the these two new zits on my forehead. Its also that time of the month for me so for all I know those zits might just be hormonal. Will update in time to come, but for now, I'm liking this one. If you didn't like EM's intensive formula don't give up yet and give their other formulas a try. Might work for you like it did for me (so far)!

EDIT: Since the review up there, my skin is clearing up. I'm left with a two little bumps on chin and a bunch of icky scars because I picked on my pimples (*hangs head in shame*) I'm still using EM foundation on days when I go out. Buttered Tan is wonderful on my NC37-40 skin. So maybe those zits were hormonal eh. ;) I love EM! My custom kit is on its way, yay yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Jules211

I am overall very happy with this foundation. The coverage is great without being too heavy or too light... it covers imprerfections and looks natural. By the end of the day I sometimes notice a little dryness on the dry areas of my face, and I do have to blot my oily forehead by mid-day, but that's typical for me with any foundation. I love that this doesn't clog my pores or look harsh. The Medium Beige Neutral shade is a perfect match for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by golden_chain2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really good foundation. However, in order to realize its full potential you absolutely have to "set" it with Finishing Dust. I like the Matte the best. Original Glo is a close second.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I could get behind this product like everyone else has. I’ve now tried 2 sample packs of various foundations and colors and must say I have been disappointed. I do have oily skin in the t-zone and found that this foundation started to get cakey around my nose and chin within an hour. The coverage seemed to fade very quickly as well. I will not be a repeat customer of this product. Also the sample size containers are so small it's almost impossible to get the product out. On the plus side I do commend everyday minerals on offering sample sizes – so we don’t have to waste our money on a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by prsleanansidhe

This is my favorite formula of EM foundation. I have oily/combination skin and live in a hot/humid environment and this works fantastically. With Youngblood, Jane Iredale, or BE, I always got extremely shiny towards midday, but with this, I barely get any breakthrough and it's only on my nose. I like the semi-matte as well, but prefer it only in the winter, as I look a bit too shiny during the summer months. I'm still working with the eye area application, as I have dark circles under my eyes and this gives me spotty coverage there. They have a fantastic selection of colors and their beige category contains the only minerals I have found that aren't too yellow, orange, or pink for my skintone. Overall, the best MMU I have tried. At this price, I'll be stocking up.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by brightpinkflowers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading all the fantastic reviews and also because it is so cheap! But I am very disappointed to find out that the makeup is shimmery! This is not suitable for oily skin in a tropical country. Finishing dust is a better choice for oily skin relative to this product, because it is totally matte. But finishing dust also do not control shine well, sigh.

Update: Try Ettusais 2-way foundation. That is gentle on skin and controls oil so so much better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

This does a very good job evening out my skintone without looking mask-like, and has very good coverage w/out using a lot. I am NC30/Chanel Shell/GA 5 (Asian, yellow-neutral) and use Medium Beige. I like using this with the Everday Minerals Flat Foundation Brush (a steal at $10) and the Sephora #25 Bronzer Brush - so the investment for a good brush is imperative. I get great coverage with less product by first spritzing my face with MAC Fix+ or a MAC Charged Waters, then buff the powder into my skin. This seals the makeup (no need for loose powder afterwards) and prevents that powdery look inherent to powder foundations. I use a retinoid at night and can get flaky but using EM Matte Foundation while wet elminates flakes. This product has the right combination of performance, price, and ease of use which earns it a 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by JessoXD

This and the semi-matte formula are my HG foundations! The semi-matte is great for me on most days and the matte is perfect for my oilier days. This make-up feels like I'm barely wearing any (in fact sometimes I actually forget I'm wearing it), seems to actually help clear my skin up, offers perfect, buildable coverage, and is one of few make-up brands to carry a shade light enough for me. MAC makes a NW15 concealer that's light enough for me, but even their regular NW15 foundations are too dark, if that tells you anything. I wear their old balancing powder that I don't think they make anymore on my T-zone, then foundation, then finishing powder and my make-up lasts all day and my oil doesn't break through making me a shiny nightmare a few hours after application (or at all) like it does with almost every other foundation I've ever worn.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by itsyourluv68

I love this foundation. It doesnt make my skin itch like BE did. I used to love BE and thought nothing would ever come close to it until I tried EDM after reading reviews from here. Also, it is a lot cheaper and you get a lot more color choices. BE looked orange on me. Thank god I found this.