September 17, 2014 | 1936 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Jules211

I am overall very happy with this foundation. The coverage is great without being too heavy or too light... it covers imprerfections and looks natural. By the end of the day I sometimes notice a little dryness on the dry areas of my face, and I do have to blot my oily forehead by mid-day, but that's typical for me with any foundation. I love that this doesn't clog my pores or look harsh. The Medium Beige Neutral shade is a perfect match for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by golden_chain2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really good foundation. However, in order to realize its full potential you absolutely have to "set" it with Finishing Dust. I like the Matte the best. Original Glo is a close second.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I could get behind this product like everyone else has. I’ve now tried 2 sample packs of various foundations and colors and must say I have been disappointed. I do have oily skin in the t-zone and found that this foundation started to get cakey around my nose and chin within an hour. The coverage seemed to fade very quickly as well. I will not be a repeat customer of this product. Also the sample size containers are so small it's almost impossible to get the product out. On the plus side I do commend everyday minerals on offering sample sizes – so we don’t have to waste our money on a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by prsleanansidhe

This is my favorite formula of EM foundation. I have oily/combination skin and live in a hot/humid environment and this works fantastically. With Youngblood, Jane Iredale, or BE, I always got extremely shiny towards midday, but with this, I barely get any breakthrough and it's only on my nose. I like the semi-matte as well, but prefer it only in the winter, as I look a bit too shiny during the summer months. I'm still working with the eye area application, as I have dark circles under my eyes and this gives me spotty coverage there. They have a fantastic selection of colors and their beige category contains the only minerals I have found that aren't too yellow, orange, or pink for my skintone. Overall, the best MMU I have tried. At this price, I'll be stocking up.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by brightpinkflowers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading all the fantastic reviews and also because it is so cheap! But I am very disappointed to find out that the makeup is shimmery! This is not suitable for oily skin in a tropical country. Finishing dust is a better choice for oily skin relative to this product, because it is totally matte. But finishing dust also do not control shine well, sigh.

Update: Try Ettusais 2-way foundation. That is gentle on skin and controls oil so so much better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

This does a very good job evening out my skintone without looking mask-like, and has very good coverage w/out using a lot. I am NC30/Chanel Shell/GA 5 (Asian, yellow-neutral) and use Medium Beige. I like using this with the Everday Minerals Flat Foundation Brush (a steal at $10) and the Sephora #25 Bronzer Brush - so the investment for a good brush is imperative. I get great coverage with less product by first spritzing my face with MAC Fix+ or a MAC Charged Waters, then buff the powder into my skin. This seals the makeup (no need for loose powder afterwards) and prevents that powdery look inherent to powder foundations. I use a retinoid at night and can get flaky but using EM Matte Foundation while wet elminates flakes. This product has the right combination of performance, price, and ease of use which earns it a 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by JessoXD

This and the semi-matte formula are my HG foundations! The semi-matte is great for me on most days and the matte is perfect for my oilier days. This make-up feels like I'm barely wearing any (in fact sometimes I actually forget I'm wearing it), seems to actually help clear my skin up, offers perfect, buildable coverage, and is one of few make-up brands to carry a shade light enough for me. MAC makes a NW15 concealer that's light enough for me, but even their regular NW15 foundations are too dark, if that tells you anything. I wear their old balancing powder that I don't think they make anymore on my T-zone, then foundation, then finishing powder and my make-up lasts all day and my oil doesn't break through making me a shiny nightmare a few hours after application (or at all) like it does with almost every other foundation I've ever worn.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by itsyourluv68

I love this foundation. It doesnt make my skin itch like BE did. I used to love BE and thought nothing would ever come close to it until I tried EDM after reading reviews from here. Also, it is a lot cheaper and you get a lot more color choices. BE looked orange on me. Thank god I found this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2008 4:06:00 AM More reviews by mandyg_81

This product made my skin break out horribly, and dried out my cheeks to the point where my skin started to peel and itch! I have normal if slightly oily skin and have not have problems with acne for years.

Coverage is also not that good, by the end of the day my forehead looked very shiny and overall the effect was quite dull.

Only good point is the fact that you can trial the makeup for free (exc. freight charges), so the little pots can be recycled I suppose.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by queenelizabeth1685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I got the Sample kit form the side and chose the darkest shade for my NC40 complexion. I will not be writing a long review but I will just tell you that none of the colors that they recommend for olive skin match me. Also I do not know if it is just me but I found them quite difficult to blend too. So one advice to all my lovely latinas out there, do not get this product, save the shipping fees for something else, it is not worth it.