Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/5/2007 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ugh again like everyone else here I tried it because it was featured in Instyle magazine but i wish i hadnt it is horrible! I have long full dark lashes and everyone asks what mascara I am wearing when I am wearing none so i dont need much! This clumped and all I wanted was a little longer looking lashes! It clumps and takes 10 min to get off! All you really want to do is take it off, it makes your lashes feel stiff and generally icky! I have no idea what all the hype about this is!

on 8/4/2007 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recently purchased this product because it was a combo deal- the regular and waterproof for $3.79. I thought, why not? Wrong!! My eyes have been itching like crazy the past couple of days. The mascara feels very scratchy when you put it on, and I didn't really notice a difference after applying it. My eyes are now red and puffy from all the rubbing, so I've tossed these two products in the trash! (By the way, the reason I wrote the review for the waterproof is that the severe itching occurred the same afternoon that I applied the waterproof, but they're equally horrible!).

on 8/3/2007 12:31:00 AM

I agree that this mascara is overrated. I don't understand why so many people rave about it. It doesn't really do much for your lashes. It makes me feel like I'm better off wearing no mascara all than resorting to this. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had the original formula of Great Lash Mascara which worked out wonderful for me. I needed something waterproof, so I gave this mascara a try. Turns out, it's not as good as the original formula. It clumped and felt sticky and was the hardest mascara to remove. I would not buy this again.

on 7/8/2007 10:53:00 PM

Like many other reviewers here, I decided to try out the Great Lash to see what all the magazine hype was about, and like many, I too was disappointed. This formula was clumpy and did not look good on my lashes at all. Also, I had a hell of a time trying to remove it using eye-makeup remover. It always left black residue all over my eye! I definitely would not recommend it.

on 7/8/2007 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After reading praises about this product from Allure and Seventeen, I assumed it was worth shelling out all of four dollars for this miracle mascara. What a waste! This mascara is clumpy and leaves lashes brittle even if you do use eye-makeup remover. The brush is a wimpy little thing that serves no purpose other than to smudge and smear during application. It is great in name only. You're better off applying dung to your lashes with a concrete slab.

on 6/19/2007 2:26:00 PM

I'm glad to see the Great Lash line isn't getting overhyped here. I just fell prey to the double package of regular and waterproof, and I'm very sorry.

For a lighter mascara that only tints and defines lashes, I'd recommend Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint (not sure if it's available in waterproof). For me, the best drugstore brand is L'Oreal, though. Almost impossible to go wrong -- they're lash geniuses -- but I like their Voluminous mascara (waterproof or not) for genuinely long, soft, curly lashes without any clumping.

on 6/10/2007 1:05:00 PM

I don't really know what is so great about "Great" Lash. It's okay. And the waterproof smudges, and flakes on me.

on 6/5/2007 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great every day mascara for me. I think the key to this stuff is already having fairly thick eyelashes to begin with. This mascara does a great job of enhancing my already thick lashes without going overboard.

on 5/24/2007 7:52:00 PM

Smudgy, crusty, hard to remove. It didn't look too bad at first, but definitely gets stiff and gives a minor raccoon look (not as bad as MAC, but nothing should smudge!). Sure it's cheap, but so are alternatives: the Quo Major Lash I found does a fantastic job. Not worth it!