Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had the original formula of Great Lash Mascara which worked out wonderful for me. I needed something waterproof, so I gave this mascara a try. Turns out, it's not as good as the original formula. It clumped and felt sticky and was the hardest mascara to remove. I would not buy this again.

on 7/8/2007 10:53:00 PM

Like many other reviewers here, I decided to try out the Great Lash to see what all the magazine hype was about, and like many, I too was disappointed. This formula was clumpy and did not look good on my lashes at all. Also, I had a hell of a time trying to remove it using eye-makeup remover. It always left black residue all over my eye! I definitely would not recommend it.

on 7/8/2007 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After reading praises about this product from Allure and Seventeen, I assumed it was worth shelling out all of four dollars for this miracle mascara. What a waste! This mascara is clumpy and leaves lashes brittle even if you do use eye-makeup remover. The brush is a wimpy little thing that serves no purpose other than to smudge and smear during application. It is great in name only. You're better off applying dung to your lashes with a concrete slab.

on 6/19/2007 2:26:00 PM

I'm glad to see the Great Lash line isn't getting overhyped here. I just fell prey to the double package of regular and waterproof, and I'm very sorry.

For a lighter mascara that only tints and defines lashes, I'd recommend Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint (not sure if it's available in waterproof). For me, the best drugstore brand is L'Oreal, though. Almost impossible to go wrong -- they're lash geniuses -- but I like their Voluminous mascara (waterproof or not) for genuinely long, soft, curly lashes without any clumping.

on 6/10/2007 1:05:00 PM

I don't really know what is so great about "Great" Lash. It's okay. And the waterproof smudges, and flakes on me.

on 6/5/2007 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great every day mascara for me. I think the key to this stuff is already having fairly thick eyelashes to begin with. This mascara does a great job of enhancing my already thick lashes without going overboard.

on 5/24/2007 7:52:00 PM

Smudgy, crusty, hard to remove. It didn't look too bad at first, but definitely gets stiff and gives a minor raccoon look (not as bad as MAC, but nothing should smudge!). Sure it's cheap, but so are alternatives: the Quo Major Lash I found does a fantastic job. Not worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good, natural-looking mascara, but you have to put it on right. I usually curl my lashes, then lightly apply one coat to top lashes only. Then I brush through with a eyelash comb. If you want another coat of mascara you have to apply it before the first one dries, or it gets clumpy. Took off one lippie for the basic brush. Has great staying power and is waterproof, doesnt irritate eyes.Will repurchase, this is my HG mascara.

on 4/29/2007 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why so many review or must have, model favorite items always include this.It did nothing but clump badly and so hard to remove.defenitly not buying it again.

on 4/18/2007 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been a big fan of the normal Great Lash Mascara for years, and thought I'd give the waterproof one a try. Big mistake! I've worn it around the house today and actually had to wipe under my eyes 2 or 3 times throughout the day because it's smudged so easily. It's lumpy and hard to apply, with a really thick and dry consistency. I will be going back to the normal Great Lash Mascara.. this one is awful!