August 1, 2014 | 1729 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mdenham

I don't really know what is so great about "Great" Lash. It's okay. And the waterproof smudges, and flakes on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Vivian123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great every day mascara for me. I think the key to this stuff is already having fairly thick eyelashes to begin with. This mascara does a great job of enhancing my already thick lashes without going overboard.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Smudgy, crusty, hard to remove. It didn't look too bad at first, but definitely gets stiff and gives a minor raccoon look (not as bad as MAC, but nothing should smudge!). Sure it's cheap, but so are alternatives: the Quo Major Lash I found does a fantastic job. Not worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by avrilrocks1392

This is a good, natural-looking mascara, but you have to put it on right. I usually curl my lashes, then lightly apply one coat to top lashes only. Then I brush through with a eyelash comb. If you want another coat of mascara you have to apply it before the first one dries, or it gets clumpy. Took off one lippie for the basic brush. Has great staying power and is waterproof, doesnt irritate eyes.Will repurchase, this is my HG mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by tavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why so many review or must have, model favorite items always include this.It did nothing but clump badly and so hard to remove.defenitly not buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by DaisyPie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been a big fan of the normal Great Lash Mascara for years, and thought I'd give the waterproof one a try. Big mistake! I've worn it around the house today and actually had to wipe under my eyes 2 or 3 times throughout the day because it's smudged so easily. It's lumpy and hard to apply, with a really thick and dry consistency. I will be going back to the normal Great Lash Mascara.. this one is awful!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product based on the so-called awards it had won. I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" truly applied to this product because the quality and performance was certainly consistent with the price. My experience? It - took ages to dry - did not wear well - felt stiff and flakey after drying - was definitely NOT waterproof - did not lengthen or thicken my lashes at all - did not retain the curl even after using a Shu Uemura eyelash curler. You are better off paying a bit more for a product that will work much better (some examples being Max Factor 2000 Calorie and my Holy Grails at the moment, Lancome Flextencils and Christian Dior Diorshow). Unfortunately I could not return this after purchasing as I had used it (here in Australia we don't have the same generous returns policy as the US does). I give this 1.5 out of 5.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by mjhaut

this is fine. just fine. it doesn't smudge too much. it's ok. the consistancy. is a little too watery. when this is done i will buy a different brand. i just received a mascara as a sample by Studio Gear. . . not waterproof, but excellent-- i'l probably buy that next.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 4:10:00 AM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally like Maybelline's mascaras, except for this one. I don't understand the hype with this mascara. It left my eyelashes very crunchy & brittle, and it felt like my lashes were going to break off on me. My top and bottom eyelashes also got tangled with each other everytime I blinked. I've tried plenty of other waterproof mascaras that still left my lashes feeling soft (i.e. Full 'N Soft!) The brush is also kind of lame; it's very sparse so I guess it's more for definition and not volume or lengthening purposes. I was not born with lush lashes so I need all the help I can get. This mascara definitely did not help.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by PinkHoney

Terrible. Not waterproof at all. I was really disappointed and even returned it. This is a classic example of "you get what you pay for." I didn't even laugh myself to tears or go swimming and this junk still came off all on it's own.