July 29, 2014 | 2156 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lovemymakeup88

I love this foundation but...

Pros:
This gives me a flawless face finish
Allows great blendability for makeup I put on after such as bronzer or blush
Gives me a glowy finish
Very buildable
Doesnt break me out

Cons:
Looks very obvious that I am wearing foundation
Feels like heavy makeup on my face I always cant wait to wash it off
Leaves me VERY shiny after 1 or 2 hours of wear
Has a very yellow undertone I would prefer more of a beige
Cakes up pretty badly around my nose
Wipes off very easily
Settles into lines and wrinkles
Had to purchase a pump seperatly

I am still on the hunt for my HG foundation.
Although there are alot of flaws with this makeup for me I would purchase it again. It is the best foundation I have tried so far.
For referrence I am mixed white and Indian.
I wear shade NC37 its a great match I use Studio Finish Concealer in NC35.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by CarmenCabezas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't buy this again, the color oxidizes rather quickly and turns orangey which I absolutely hate!!! And it has a smokey scent that is not pleasant at all. For the price I thought this was going to be amazing yet it wad very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

THE GOOD
I actually rather like this foundation, I really like the yellow undertones in the NC (or if you're more yellow toned C) line, it helps give me a good match! Now onto the actually formula itself, it is a satin/matte finish, however it's not as drying as some of the more hardcore foundations (ELDW for example). It's a really beautiful flawless finish and can be built up really easily. I don't usually need a concealer with this stuff.

THE BAD
The longevity is not perfect, then again with my skin nothing ever is. However this works really well when combined with milk of magnesia.

THE UGLY
Bottle is still sold without a pump....really weird. Also the algae content in this creeps me out at times (supposed to be comedogenic) so I try not to use this too many days in a row.

This is a foundation I would really recommend to girls with lots of yellow undertones, seeking a flawless finish!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Holly90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation been using for 4years never had a problem love the shade the coverage is great the way it blends is amazing you do need to re-do your Makeup after a few hours for it's not long lasting but never had a problem with it a must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Kerri8d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good cover, but not long lasting :/
But also very good for oily skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation where I always go back to purchase it but it sits right for about a week then doesn't seem to look right. I previously had nc25/30/35 but now find that n37 is a better tone as has more golden undertones and not as orange. Not good when I have dehydrated skin but gives a medium coverage which manages to cover my freckles when needed

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by xoxmarina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying my skin is dry, at times flaky, i get a few blemishes here and there but nothing major, but i do get black heads on the regular. Personally i like a foundation that makes my skin look like porcelain even though i dont have much to cover. That being said i dont like anything too goopy and mask like.

pros: -good color range
-great coverage
-super blendable
-long lasting
-doesnt give me any break outs

cons: -hate the packaging, i refuse to spend extra cash on a pump, it should just come with it
-too thick, although it seems to run out liquidy, it feels really heavy on the skin
-some oxidization
-looks horrendous on dry patches, so i need to make sure i hydrated and exfoliated my skin as much as possible.
-not ideal for photography due to the spf

regardless of all the cons, i still quite enjoy this foundation, i would just personally not repurchase this because i do like other cheaper drugstore foundations better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this foundation today because I ran out of my usual foundation and needed something to last the next couple of days.
The first thing I should mention is that the assistant at the MAC counter matched me completely wrong and gave me NW10 and NC15 when they are waaaayyyyyyy too light for me. I even told her this but she insisted on giving me samples for those shades.
I took my makeup off when I got home and applied the NC15 sample right after on bare skin with a stippling brush. It was very light but had a flawless, velvety finish which dried very quickly. I have severe acne and a few cystic pimples at the moment plus oily skin and acne scars but the foundation managed to cover it all with just one application. I didn't want to apply any more just to save product, but I was content.
I would usually use MAC's minerlized skin finish natural as a setting powder which always gives the appearance of a flawless finish anyway.
I will definitely have to darken it up with some bronzer in the day.
From what I have seen of the full size packaging, it's not very good. It comes in a bottle which could easily break if dropped and has no pump. It's really a scam that they don't even sell it with a pump when it NEEDS one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Mekahre

I will start by saying I'm not a fan of MAC foundations at all, but this one was a huge disappointment. This foundation applies very patchy, smells terrible and looks very unnatural. Although I (try to) apply it as sheer as possible, I always have the feeling I am wearing a heavy mask and this is incredibly uncomfortable. Furthermore, this foundation breaks me out a lot, the colour is too yellow (I'm NC15) and the packaging is extremely impractical if you don't buy a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Karine05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried so many different foundations before surrendering to the M-A-C counter in my local shop, the make up artist there matched me up perfectly to NW-20 shade and i can honestly say I haven't looked back. Yes you can break out in spots if you wear foundation daily, just try and get a nice remover for the end of the day. This foundation gives so much coverage with so little applied, one bottle will last me 7 months or so and I wear it nearly every day, and I have people quite regularly ask me what foundation/make up I use. I'd recommend going to a mac consultant so they can match you up to the right one for you .