MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/6/2014 11:42:00 AM

I was told to buy this because it has great coverage, and I need something for my acne scars. I have very fair skin and I bought the lightest colour without trying to look like a china doll, and it still makes me look like a carrot. The coverage is ok, but really doesn't last very long. Even though I have dry skin, I can still feel it become oily after a few hours of wearing this. Also, it's expensive, and there's no pump for the bottle. What's that about?

on 7/6/2014 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have always had a few blemishes on my face throughout school and teenage years and lots of foundations have made my skin itch because of the perfume and I had lots of problems finding a decent light shade with other brands.
I love this foundation so much! Gives me good coverage without looking cakey (if you know how to apply it) and has never worsened my skin. It's long wearing so long as you set it with powder and I LOVE it. If you're one that likes foundations with hardly any coverage and you have perfect skin then this probably isn't the foundation for you, however it is perfect for me :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was really excited about this foundation when I bought it in Sephora... But the coverage is too intense, I didn't like it. I bought the color NC25 (which is not the right one for me, actually... It happens, I bought it at night, very tired, in a hurry...), and even though my skin is warm, the Fix Fluid has a very deep yellow shade. It's not natural, it clearly seems that you've put a lot of foundation in your skin... I dislike this effect, even though it's nice for parties at night and all that. But no, I wouldn't buy it again.

on 6/30/2014 1:15:00 AM

I don't like the scent of this foundation, though it really covers my skin well. That scent is quite annoying and I feel like it's still around me for nearly half an hour. The packaging is inconvenient also

on 6/27/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My go to foundation. I have combination skin and can have horrible break outs but this doesn't bother my skin at all. I strayed away for a while and tried a lot of high end foundations but I always come back to this one, it's just so easy to work! Once I finally realised I was NC and not NW (don't always listen to the mac girls ladies you know your skin the best) it just matches my skin perfectly. It pretty much lasts all day, just end up with a nice dewy finish. Couldn't live without this foundation!

on 6/26/2014 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I sampled this foundation for quite sometime before I actually purchased it and I must say I am very impressed. I am an NC40 and this foundation provides me medium to full coverage and also does not oxidise on my skin like most foundations do. I do set my T-zone with powder and it lasts me 8-9 hours which is pretty good. The only thing I don't like is the bottle. No pump! Seriously?!!

on 6/25/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

I've been using this foundation with my beauty blender for quite some time. When I first began using it I had normal/combination skin and it worked quite well-It was my HG foundation! Unfortunately, my skin has started to become dry because of the dermatologist prescribed topical meds that I have been using and this foundation is a disaster for me now! No matter how much I exfoliate, moisturize, and prime beforehand this foundation always looks too cakey and noticeable. I would say give it a go if you want full coverage and have normal-oily skin, but stay away if your skin is dry! :)

on 6/24/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with studio fix fluid. I love how flawless it makes my skin look but after 3-4 hours I can see alot of oilyness coming through the foundation to the point where I feel like a greasy mess & its starts to wear off on me. That said, I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't make my skin oily, your basically putting product on your face so I can't really expect it to stay all day without oilyness. However I have gone through 6-7 bottles of studio fix fluid. I've tried other foundations & although they are good in their own way, they just dont beat the coverage & finish that studio fix gives me. A downside to this foundation is that it doesnt come with a pump which isn't fun when your trying to get product out of the bottle & end up using too much. All in all good product but I sometimes wonder If its really worth the money or If I could get a better drugstore foundation for cheaper.

on 6/24/2014 2:57:00 PM

I recently purchased the liquid studio fix foundation in NC20. Loooooveeee the coverage and setting it with the Studio Fix Powder Foundation looks amazing! I have even gotten compliments at work on how great my makeup looks. Now, if you do put too much on, it will look cakey. for touch ups during the day, I use the Blotting Powder in Medium and it helps with the oil around my T-Zone mainly my nose area. I did have a hard time for the makeup artist to match me but she finally did and im so glad I finally got the right shade. It definetly should come with a pump but I found the Cover girl 3 in 1 I believe its called the foundation one and that pump fits perfectly on the Mac bottle. :)

on 6/22/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is the worst foundation I've ever used!!!! It was very difficult to blend and oxidised by lunch time. Not to mention it make me look soaking wet oily!!! My colour match was awful aswell it was bright yellow - I looked like a Simpsons character ha ha!! Seriously tho there are farrrrr better foundations out there!! If you are looking for a foundation that lasts all day and is completely flawless try Lancôme Tient Idole ultra 24hr it's a god send!!
To finish on a positive - never one to waste a product I use this foundation for the gym ha ha!!!