October 24, 2014 | 1100 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I have acne scars from previous break out and went to Nordstrom to buy a liquid foundation to cover them up because my MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation cannot hide them anymore. I LOVE the coverage. But what I hate about it, and all MAC products, is this is the reason why I broke out! I was in denial at first because I really love the coverage but the longer I use it, the more pimples I get! Oh my gosh! I have the most terrible break out ever! I ran back to Nordstrom and returned every MAC products I have including the MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, Oil Control Lotion, Fix Plus Spray! Then I was told by the former MAC lady that their products made her break out too that's why she applied to YSL! I swore to myself I will never use any product from MAC ever again! Now my break out has subsided. I regret ever buying MAC cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really good foundation. I have dry, sensitive skin, NW10, skin is clear of blemishes. The color is very true to my skin color. The MUA at MAC said this is typically more for normal or oily skin types but I use the Studio Moisture Fix under it and it has not made my skin feel dried out at all. I have not tried it without the Moisture Fix under it but imagine it could accentuate dry spots. I apply this with my beauty blender and it blends nicely. It also wears a really, really long time. It is medium coverage and I use 1 layer, but it is build-able without looking cakey. It even has some sunscreen, woot woot! If Studio Sculpt came in NW10 I would probably buy that instead of this because I like the more dewy finish but...alas....it does not.

The packaging sucks. It does not come with a pump, you have to buy that separate for $9. I think that is a HUGE rip off for MAC to do that. I gave it 1 lippie for packaging. I gave it 4 lippies total because I wish it was better suited for dry skin people.

PROS:
very true to color, does not change colors on your face over time
natural matte finish
blends very easily, looks awesome with a beauty blender
very wide range of shades
Has SPF 15 (though more SPF would be nice)
Not very expensive compared to other brands
Wears a really long time, mine still looks good after 12-13 hours

CONS:
Jar comes without a pump - makes me mad MAC makes you buy it separate
The pump is ridiculously priced and sold separately
Not the best option for girls with dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried so so many foundations from nars sheer glow to chanel lumiere to revlon to YSL and nearly everything in between and liked them all even loved a couple of them, but this one I always repurchase I'm drawn back to that mac counter and I know that I'm getting everything I want from a foundation. I apply smashbox primer light first over my moisturiser leave it to dry! (Very important to leave it to dry) then I stipple on foundation with mac skunk brush can't remember the number but seriously flawless results that last ALL day, yes the smashbox primer has helped a lot but this foundation is just something great all by itself will always repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by xoamarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great full coverage , didnt sit to well with my skin just made it oilier .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tvall

This has been my HG fountain for the past 5 years. That being said, I am not 100% satisfied with it and I keep attempting to try other makes and finishes but they all end up in the bin or being used up because I refuse to waste them.

I like:
It is thick and easy to work with
It lasts all day
It can easily be built to a flawless finish

I don't like:
That it can oxidise (not badly)
You have to buy the pump separately
Its a bit too matte for my dry skin - but then again it could be so much worse!

The hunt for a 100% HG foundation continues, I just want this foundation to be less matte and more hydrating and it would be perfect!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really do not like this foundation. I bought it in nc25 and it was a perfect color match at first. But within an hour it oxidizes to a very noticable orange shade. When applying this foundation, it goes on semi-matte and really soaks into the skin very quickly...so it's a pain in the butt to try to blend. It doesn't stay matte for long and is straight up greasy looking after about 3 hours. I have combo skin which leans oily in the T-zone. This foundation makes my entire face oily and splotchy looking. I really regret purchasing this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Alissalouise13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I used this foundation for a few years and was fairly happy with it. I had normal skin and the Studio Fix Fluid in NC30/35/40 had great staying power, the finish was not too matte and the price is reasonable. I liked that the coverage was buildable and MAC have an extensive range of shades.

Since then my skin has changed and I now have more oily skin (mostly t-zone and forehead, a little) SFF looked great in the morning, but by mid-afternoon I looked shiny, even though I blotted and used powder.

Overall, great for dry or normal skin, but not for people who tend to get a bit oily.

N.B I hate that they charge for a pump! Why not just include one?

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Aimrimx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation after reading countless reviews of how brilliant it was, I've been looking for a good foundation that covers all the problem areas in my face. My skin is very oily, spot prone and covered in acne scars. This foundation does absolutely nothing for me! First of all it smells of paint stripper, I'm not a fan of putting something that smells so strongly of chemicals on my face with it been so spot prone, but I did anyways, it didn't do a very good job at hiding my acne, and just clogged my scars up, which inevitably made them look worse, it also made me look very cakey. Throughout the day I noticed my face getting more and more orange, because the liquid oxides during the day, which isn't ideal when you're paying so much for something that is supposed to be decent. Aswell as this, the foundation comes in a glass bottle with no pump, I had to purchase one off eBay, and even then the bottle leaked. All in all, I definitely wouldn't purchase this again, the only good point is that a little blob of foundation can cover a full face.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

CAUTION: Stay away from this stuff if you are acne prone or oily!!!!! This foundation totally destroyed my skin. For reference I have super oily and acne prone skin with occasional dryness from acne treatments, and I am nc35-40. I began using this foundation after trying Mac Pro longwear foundation and loving it. I figured this would be similar but more matte and fuller coverage. Boy was I wrong. After about an hour of wearing this foundation my skin was super oily through the t-zone, dry patches were exaggerated, and I oxidized into an orange clown. Not sexy. Now on to the really ugly part of it... I broke out into cystic acne all over my face. I usually only break out on my chin or forehead. I knew this foundation was the culprit because I've never broken out on my cheeks. At 26 I do not want to look like a hormonal teenager. I backed to mac this foundation because I couldn't find my receipt.

If you have oily skin I'd recommend the Mac Pro longwear foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have two bottles in NC45; however, I'm considering switching to NW40 because I don't think I was color-matched correctly. Anyway, I have a love-hate relationship with this relationship. I do wear this frequently even though it's not of my favorite foundations. I've read & have heard a lot of people say MAC Studio Fix Fluid is one of the best foundations for oily skin like mine. I truly wasn't impressed with the wear time at all. In a matter of hours, I was shiny again… that's after I primed my face & set my makeup, too. My favorite thing about this is its full coverage. It does a good job of covering discoloration & acne scars regardless of whether or not I wear a concealer.

I apply Studio Fix with a beauty blender I dampen with Fix+. It blends easily & looks smooth. I'm done. It sets to a semi-matte finish, but not as much as I'd like. Again, with my skin type, I have gotten nitpicky when it comes to "matte." I expect a true, hardcore matte. This oxidizes a little darker than it looks when it's first applied. Because NC45 is too yellow, I don't mind the color change. My face is red & I need a shade with more pink in it (NW).

In regards to the packaging, I have only complaint: there's no pump. Because it doesn't have one, product tends to get all over the inside of the lid & around the top of the bottle. For some reason, the company thinks it's cool to sell one separately—for $9. Yes, the pump that should already be provided is a third of what the foundation itself costs, which is sad. Fix Fluid is way too thick for a pump to be optional/not provided.

I decided I'm going to keep using Studio Fix & just wear it on days I'm not going to be out long. The very first time I wore it I actually received two compliments, so I'm going to experiment & see if trying different primers, setting sprays, powders, etc. will help improve the wearing time.

October 1, 2014 update: unfortunately, after nearly a year of wearing this, it started to break me out; I didn't wear makeup during the summer & I think my skin is readjusting to liquid makeup