April 17, 2014 | 905 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by shamelessme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my holy grail foundations!
I've been using MAC studio fix fluid for about a year now and I'm still absolutely in love with it. I'm NC15 at the minute (it's winter where I am) but in summer I go up to NC20. I also own NC25 for when I'm fake tanned, which is more often then I'd like to admit. This foundation applies like a dream when buffed thoroughly into the skin (I use Sigma's flat kabuki F80 brush for this). It claims to last for 8 hours but I find it lasts for about 6-7 on average when not touched up. Studio fix is not heavy in the slightest, it is actually very light for a liquid foundation and applies smoothly. It is a medium coverage, but is very buildable. It gives a very nice matte finish which is fantastic for people like me with oily skin. This foundation has never broken me out in my time of using it, which has been through all of the seasons and under all sorts of conditions. Due to me living in Australia, it is not unusual for foundation to become trashed after a few hours in the heat during summer. However, I have never faced this problem with studio fix when it is set properly with powder. Studio fix does not oxidize on my pale skin, which is honestly a godsend, as most foundations I have used do tend to go one or two shades darker by the end of the day in my experience. I honestly don't have one complaint about this foundation, it's absolutely fantastic. I would recommend it to anybody with combination/oily skin. I'm not sure how it would fare on dry skin as the foundation does absorb oils. I will continue to repurchase this product and I would recommend it to anybody interested.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by peacock90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOOOOOVE this foundation! If you use too much it IS cakey, you really don't need much of this foundation to cover :) The texture is a little oily and doesn't feel too nice on my skin before I put mineral powder over the top but it's pretty worth it for the coverage and how little you need to use and it's staying power. It lasts all day even though I use a pretty crappy primer. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Yessysbeautyreview

I love my mac studio fix fluid. It has a natural finish so its not Completely matte but my oils dont destroy my makeup so i like that I just blot every couple of hours which im fine with im a latina so i have trouble with matching my skin because i have a olive Complexion and literally no drugstore foundation matches me perfectly and trust me ive tried them all from revlon to rimmel from loreal to covergirl Neutrogena even garnier and nothing matches me so ive turned to high end and mac has the most shades and i love it in my opinion its not full coverage but a medium coverage I love how smooth this looks i love applying it with a beauty blender to make it look more flawless and i would 100% recommend this foundation its my holy grail foundation ❤ some people complain about them braking them out but i just really clean my face everyday and tone it and you should be good to go

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by teatimeismetime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best foundation by a country mile! I have been on a long and painful quest, my friends. Been trying a lot of foundations until I found this bad boy. I'm NC15 naturally with sensitive combination skin prone to a few breakouts so as you can imagine every foundation is too dark, too thick, too thin, gave me breakouts, wore off after a few hours, too oily... This list goes on.

I work in a chemist so naturally have access to free samples, we stock Max Factor, Rimmel, L'oreal, NYC and Vichy foundations and because I've gotten used to testing before buying I've gotten as bold as to request samples from other beauty counters I've come across. So I have tried every single foundation in my closest shade in Rimmel, NYC, L'oreal, Vichy, Max Factor plus any other samples I've gotten my hands on and zero satisfaction. Some came close and I made do but there was always something that annoyed me and I had gotten to the stage of mixing foundations for the right colour or texture. I tried this because all my friends raved about it and then there was peace. As much as I love experimenting with different products, foundation is just too much heartache.

I have absolutely no complaints about this, it's a little pricey but totally worth it. I also think it's a bit cheeky having to pay for the pump extra but I'll not dwell on this.

I'm not saying this is gonna be THE foundation for you, I am suggesting to try it. Seriously!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by akszp4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this foundation for over 5 years now and it's my favorite. I wear it on a daily basis and one bottle lasts me 2-3 months. The coverage can be built up to you liking, I usually do 1-1.5 pumps and apply it with my fingers and then buff it out with a kabuki brush. This foundation provides a very smooth and full coverage so a little goes a very long way. I wear NW 35 in the summer and NW 30 in the winter. I don't have sensitive skin or acne prone skin so I don't find that this foundation acts like a irritant on my skin- however my sister had a opposite experience. My sister, who is prone to acne break outs, completely hated this product because it did cause her to break out severely. If you have sensitive skin then this foundation may not be for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by AliiSprj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Breakout breakout breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST FOUNDATION I'VE EVER USED!! So light and even and gives me such a flawless look. Worth the 35.00$ as far as I am concerned!.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by LivvyVH

I have purchased this foundation I NW20 twice this year, but would not repurchase again as I think there are more products out there to try. I have always found it a bit orange but if I blend it well into my neck it isn't noticeable. A lot of people complain about the smell of the product but I quite like it. A little definitely goes a long way and it has a very blendable and buildable medium-full coverage. However, I do still need to wear a concealer with this product as it does not cover all blemishes. This foundation is very smooth, however it can feel very thick and cakey on the skin especially in hot weather, therefore I recommend it for winter. I have very acne prone skin and I find studio fix triggers and makes my breakouts worse, therefore it is not an everyday foundation unless you have blemish free skin. But it is perfect for the occasional flawless look. It gives a matte finish but like every foundation on oily skin, it can make me very oily after a few hours but that is due to my skin type. The product is quite pricey but is a must have- all in all a very reliable and my party go to foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Studio Fix Fluid in NW10, a perfect match to my skin. I am very pale with redness around my nose and jawline, and I have lots of freckles. I want to cover the redness but let some of the freckles show through. This foundation works wonders for me, I love it.

I have never been a fan of liquid foundations and haven't used one in years. All of MAC's foundations were just too dark for me anyway, at least until NW10. Now I use this foundation every day

The coverage is medium but easy to build if you need to cover problem areas. I like that with a foundation brush, I can use a little of this foundation to cover the red areas of my skin but my freckles can still show through. It comes off as glowing and natural. I sometimes have dry patches on my skin and this foundation does not settle into or exaggerate those dry areas, at least when applied with a foundation brush. I use a $1 e.l.f. foundation brush and it works perfectly. If I need quicker or heavier coverage, I use a damp Beauty Blender sponge and dab/press the foundation into my skin. If I need to set the foundation, I use MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder/Pressed with a powder puff, then dust off the excess. The finish is nearly flawless, which is great considering my skin is full of flaws!

I prefer this to my Studio Fix Powder Plus in NW10, which is darker than the liquid NW10, tends to settle into fine lines and dry skin, and looks much too powdery on its own.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by stealthxgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation a lot. NC15 is a great match for me. It does a great job of covering my rosacea, and I don't even need concealer (usually I do with some other foundations because of the redness in my cheeks). I apply this with the Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush, and set the foundation with MAC MSF Natural in Light. Not a fan of the paint smell or having to buy the pump separately. Thankfully, no breakouts, and it lasts all day on my oily skin. Overall, I am happy and do recommend giving this a try.