April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

good mascara. not too thick, goes on easily and stay on put. it does smudge a litter bit at the end of the day but after all it's just a little bit and it's easy to wipe off.
i bought it from Sears Canada and they don't have deep black in the store. so i bought the black and ended up not liking it too much. it's not intense enough. therefor i would be buying it online next time. and it's even cheaper.
one thing you should keep in mind if you are looking for a mascara that would give you a dramatic look then you might not wanna go for this one. caz this one gives you a soft natural look.
Edit: I'm still using the same tube. Yep, after all this time it still hasn't dry up yet. Seems to me the mascara has improved. It won't smudge anymore and holds the curl better now. Very happy with it :) and I started to like the Black better because it gives me a softer friendlier look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy929

I've been using this mascara for over 10 years and have tried friends' mascaras but this is stil BY FAR the best!! I highl recomend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by nonewhat

I LOVE this product. Deficils and hypnose are both great mascaras from Lancome. The only problem I have with them is that they dry out quickly. 1 full size tube of mascara will only last me 1 - 1 1/2 months because it gets too thick.

I've tried other brands that you can buy at Sephora ranging from $20-$30 CAD a piece, but I just keep going back to lancome!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by chocopop

This mascara was alright. Pros: It's jet black, lengthens, doesn't clump, creamy application, and lasts. Cons: Doesn't separate lashes, product isn't thick enough, and makes lashes look stringy. Just so I didn't waste this product since it was a gift; I use my Maybelline Great Lash mascara as a base and then use the Lancome Definicils as a top coat for darker lashes and it seems to have done a good job. Overall this was a ok product If you use it as a top coat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a very good mascara. I ve used ton of high end waterproof mascaras but used to end up with raccon eyes. So I was skeptical with this one, its not even waterproof, however I got it as a gift, so It worth a try.
I was impressed, it lengthens my lashes without spider legs, it doesnt really intense volume but fuller without any clumpy although I applied 3 coats. Lashes look strong and polish yet natural. They keep that way until I take it off, no more raccoon eyes as long as I curl my lashes well. Sometimes I dont curl lashes and notice a bit smudge but not much annoying.
The brush is very convenient to touch any shortest lash at the inner corner, the color is black enough but in the tube it looks a bit greyish which comes off easily with any oil remover.
As Lancome claimed, This Definicils mascara more about lengthen and shaping lashes than volumizing, so if u want a drama look, it might not be. But for day work, shopping time, school...go for it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

This product is very good at showing the length of my lashes without making them appear clumpy. My lashes are quite long and dark but the ends tend to be lighter. This is a very good mascara imo.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Emazing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are going for the "Raccoon Look", then I HIGHLY recommend this mascara. I was sooo excited to get it, only to be let down. No exaggeration, within 2 mins of putting it on; it began blackening my eyes. HORRIBLE. I will say that it does lengthen my lashes, but whats the point? I immediately exchange it for the waterproof one and I see a big diff.

Check my review for waterproof...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I was a bit disappointed with this. I found it a bit dry and difficult to work with leading to spider-dry lashes that were very matte, a bit clumpy and not as defined as I'd like them :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by amandasuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best I have tried for lengthening the lashes. The brush doesn't cause clumps like Lancome Hypnose does. Doesn't flake for me, either. I haven't found anything in a lower price range that works this good, so I am going to have to get some more. A lot of times, Lancome has the goody bag gift with purchase, which makes spending the extra dough VERY worth my while.

I have short, almost non-existent lashes and Definicils really defines and lengthens for me. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by pandalove3000

My mom got a free sample of this stuff and gave it to me since she doesn't really use mascara. Didn't really give a ton of volume or length, and it kept clumping on me unless i wiped some of the excess product on the wand off with a tissue. I must say though, the color is a very dark black, and my lashes are already black.