August 1, 2014 | 1677 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by McFashion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As I've said before, I love gel liners, and this one is no exception. Love that it's waterproof, has a strong colour, and can be used on your waterline, unlike the MAC product. It lasts for a long time, and you can guarantee that the colour stays strong. It's a little more expensive than MAC's, but this stuff lasts FOREVER, so no worries there.

Disclaimer: the product can be difficult to use to start with, but you'll get the hang of it. Also, you must make sure the brush is clean otherwise you'll get bits of it in your eye. To ensure it lasts long, be sure not to leave it open for long.

Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Wow! These truly are the stars of Bobbi Brown's line...absolutely amazing product. I am not a major fan of her cosmetics either after trying a many, but these are sublime. For $19.00 you get a jar around the size of a chapstick tub, but don't be alarmed there is enough product to last ages. This applies so smoothly and lasts all day and all night if need be. I apply mine with a MAC straight liner brush, the kind that looks like a little kids paintbrush. I apply a thin line of liner, then use a tad more product to fill in any spots I missed. You can use this product to create a gazillion different looks. I have always had a hard time wearing and applying liner and with this stuff I look polished. I cannot stress the staying power enough...it is incredible. You can even swim in it! It never flakes, cakes, crumbles, etc. Use this for a hint of definition of a serious cat eye...take the plunge, it won't disappoint!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by devilangel

This IS a long wear liner, it lived up to its words! I wear it all day long and it won't smudge or fade away. At the same time, it was really easy to remove because I don't use heavy duty eye makeup remover (the ones with the oil in it) and it can remove it easily. The price is OK, but for the amount you get out of it, I can use this for quite awhile, so it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by cyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gel eyeliner definitely keeps its promise when it comes to staying power. My eyes have a tendency to tear a litle bit in the outer corners so when I use gel pencil eyeliners or liquid eyeliner, there usually isn't any eyeliner left by the end of the night. Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner doesn't budge. I went on rollercoasters where my eyes teared up like crazy and it never faded. The only thing I don't like is the price...it's quite expensive for such a tiny pot. I recently bought L'oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner for less than $10 during CVS's buy one get one half off sale and it's twice the size of Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner for half the price. The L'oreal cream eyeliner performs just as well as the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, but only has 4 colors. So if you're interested in buying the basic black or brown gel eyeliners, try L'oreal, but if you want more interesting colors, Bobbi Brown has a lot more to choose from.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by elongreach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pure black color. Sometimes, gels and other liners say the are black, but I'm always looking for a more powerful color. Unlike other BB gelliners (graphite), this is creamy and hasn't dried up whatso ever. I much prefer this over blacktrack.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by helloxtina

I've been using this eyeliner for over 2 years now and I love 'em!
BUT! there are cons too...
first of all, you have to purchase eyeliner brush seperatly...
I bought fine eyeliner brush from bobbi browm also it costed me as much as the eyeliner... and I had to replace it only after 4-5 months of using.
second of all, the gel eyeliner starts to dry if you don't use it frequently.
so after while, it's sorta flaky.
but this is the best gel eyeliner I've ever tried :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by aphelionyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeliner. It's a matte deep black color that has incredible staying power on my oily eyelids. I use it to tightline, and it has minimal transfer. There is a little after about 10 hrs, but it'd better than anything else I've used. I like BB's gel pots better than MAC fluidlines or Stila Smudgepots -and I adore Stila - because they have a better and more consistent consistency (both Stila and MAC are hit or miss, both between colors and batches. MAC's can often be too dry to work with, and Stila does not seem to last as long and dries out incredibly fast, so having a bigger pot of product does not mean a better deal). These have not dried out on me, but I use it every day, so I go through one about every 8 months. Have re-bought for 4 years now, and will continue!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by dehooten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I've never been a fan of eyeliner pots. I just knew I would be returning it after I purchased it, but wanted to give it a try. I'm glad I did. It's so easy to apply, and it doesn't move until I take it off. I have never found an eyeliner that could do that, especially on my combo...oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

This is the little black dress for your makeup collection. Perfect consistency that makes application a breeze. What else can I say about this liner that hasn't been said already?? Nothing. If you are searching for a basic everyday long lasting eyeliner this is it. Of course the quality is just like all the other BB ink liners-superior. A must have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Misha32

I got this as a gift, I've been meaning to try this but was waiting to finish my Stila Smudge Pot first. One this BB has on Stila is the consistency. It glides on very smoothly. Stila Smudge Pots go on nice in the beginning, but then start to dry out a little and is noticeable when applying. That's not to say I don't adore my Smudge Pots. Stila's black is more black with the first application, whereas with BB you have to build the intensity if you want it black black. Also, with Stila you get a lot more product for a few bucks less. Like I noted before, BB stays creamy and goes on smooth, it doesn't dry out like Stila. If I repurchase BB instead of Stila, that'd be the reason.