October 31, 2014 | 794 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by paf0009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this mask as a replacement for evanhealy's Green Tea Clay mask and it failed. First of all, the packaging is not very convenient, but most powdered masks are packaged in jars, except this big, bulky, plastic jar is not easy on the eyes like others. Second and most important, this clay is just a nightmare to prepare. I took about a teaspoon in the palm of my hand and added an equal amount of water to it. As I mixed, I noticed it began to clump up and ball into small dry clay bits so I added more water and it just became more and more clumpy but water-y. It was a mess and impossible to apply to my face. So I removed it with tissue and threw in the trashcan, as I read a reviewer mention it can clog pipes.
After using EH's Green Tea mask this not only pales in comparison, but fails to an ultimate low. I've never tried a powdered mask like this one. It was rather strange when it clumped up and became hard to dissolve for a creamy paste application.
So I would not recommend this mask.

Update: I've changed my rating for this mask because I now use it only with Apple Cider Vinegar and it works fantastic. I think the label states you can use it with water, but I do not think that's optimal as it clumps and does not spread easily. The ACV gives it a bit of an expanding, foamy action and the clay becomes easier to apply on face. Of course, like any clay, this can be a bit drying therefore, it is important to moisturize afterwards. I will use it more often when temps are higher, in the colder months I use Now Foods Moroccan clay. The big container makes this a very good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Glamouraddict019

I LOVE THIS STUFF! It is so versatile and can be used in so many ways it is ridiculous. I mix it with apply cider vinegar to make a face mask. I also add it to a face mask I got from Lush to make it a consistency I like and really draw out the impurities. The mask from lush was a bit a weird texture and would like fall off my face when it dried. I mixed this stuff with some apple cidar vinegar and the mask was PERFECT! I also use this stuff to make my own version of a clarifying mud wash. Mix with some apple cidar vinegar, half aloe vera juice, essential oils, and a heavy oil like evoo and VIOLA! I cannot say how much I love this stuff. I will always keep it in my stash.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by MissBronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh wow!!!! This is a magical mask!! I have been using it for almost 2 weeks now but I can see dramatic result on my skin. Recently, I have quite a lot of pimples that hiding underneath my skin. And I have been tried to use ACV which is works well for my skin but sometimes I cant stand the smell.
They dont sell this mask in Australia, so I have to order it from Vitacost and it took up to 2wks to deliver to my place. As soon as I received it, I cant wait to try it on because I want to get this magical feeling using this mask. I mixed one table spoon of Aztec clay mask with one table spoon of ACV. For the first two days I used it as a mask then my skin get very dry, over abused my skin lol. Then now I just use it as spot treatment in my problematic areas, it works wonder, pimples got dried up and smaller over night.
I will keep using this Aztec as mask or spot treatment for a long long time, so happy finally I found my life saver :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by coola111

This stuff is no joke! It's like a huge vaccum sucking on your face! It feels like all the gunk is being pulled out, but one problem I have with this is that my face feels really hot and looks like I got a bad sunburn for the next hour. I don't really notice anything special with my skin after the redness disappears. I still have a so much of this stuff left after a year, so I probably won't purchase I'm done with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by exp100

This product is great! I have used it twice now and it hasn't let me down. However, it always scares me when I mix the powder with apple cider vinegar because it bubbles so much. I always think to myself "omg should I really be putting this on my face?" Once the product is on your face it starts to have a slight pulsing experience; it has never been intolerable. It is also a lot stronger than most masks because when it starts to dry you can barely move your face. Afterwards your face can be red so I would suggest applying this at night. The after effects are great though! My face feels so soft and smooth and my skin feels and looks more alive. The best part about this product is that you get such a big jar for so cheap! Lastly, I would recommend only using organic apple cider vinegar such as Bragg's apple cider vinegar because other brands can be processed and have chemicals in it that could harm your skin. One more thing! You can also put it on bug bites it works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

But why did I forgot about this??? This mask is amazing...It cleanses the pores, they appear smaller, and the skin is smooth and glowing. It cost me 11$CA with shipping from the US, for a 2 lbs jar!!!
This only thing I don't like is the mixing part. I like the fact that it's powder, because it doesn't loose its efficiency overtime, but it requires some "cooking".
But hey, it's definitely worth it.
For combo/oily/acne-prone skins, it's amazing....I would recommend twice a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I can't believe I've forgotten to review this! I have been using this for several months now, usually a few times a month, and just love it. I usually mix it with water, and a mortar and pestle really help to grind it together for the right consistency. Leave it on for about 20 minutes, or until it dries. When I really need a great peel-type mask, I use my Queen Helene Grape mask, and add a couple pinches of the Aztec Clay. Then I kind of mix it in my hands before I apply. WOW! This acts like a full-face Biore strip! It will make you cry, but in a good way.

I will continue to buy this, but it seriously lasts forever. My only complaint is that it's loose in a jar, and it sometimes spills out when opening. It would be great to have them include a little measuring scoop.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by moonxxriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is (mostly) awesome for my skin. I get these tiny, tiny little bumps on my jawline that aren't quite like a regular zit but are some kind of form of acne. They just stay the same size and do not go away unless I use this stuff. This stuff dries them right out. I say this stuff is *mostly* awesome for my skin because I have made it too strong before and it made my skin dry out horribly and start peeling. I have oily skin so this is not typically a problem for me. I always put in a bit of honey or aloe vera gel along with the ACV so that the mask is not too harsh for my skin. I really do love this stuff! I've had the tub for over a year now and am not even close to using it all up, a little goes such a long way. When I do run out though, I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to start making my own masks after using Lush's cupcake mask which is made fresh when you buy them. So when I saw this product, I grabbed it and immediately tried it the night I bought it. I followed the instructions which is to mix equal parts of powder and ACV, but I felt it to be a little too watery as a mask. I like thicker masks because it feels really luxurious. So my next batch was with a little more powder. I'm used to powerful gunk-sucking masks so the pulsating feeling was not surprising. I left it on longer than 30 mins, probably around 45 minutes, and after washing it off (continually splashing with warm water) my face was bright red and irritated. I immediately put moisturizer and fell asleep. The moment I woke up, the 3 huge cystic pimples on my face had finally come to a head, which I was delighted of seeing because for 2 weeks, they were under my skin (the horrible types that you can't pop). This truly is a powerful mask for what it has done. I'm using this again as I type and adding tea tree oil to combat the smell of the ACV. (I weirdly love the smell of tea tree oil) but many reviewers below me have complaints of the excrutiating smell, which is coming from the ACV. If you are having trouble with that, I suggest to put a few drops of essential oil (I love orange essential oil) to make the mask smell good, or even cocoa powder and a bit of cocoa butter will make it smell like Lush's cupcake mask :) Overall, I love the DIY aspect to this mask and how thick or thin you can make this product. Since I have super acne proned skin, I'm using this no more than 2x a week. Highly recommended. Oh BTW don't watch funny youtube videos while wearing this mask! It will hurt! hahaha

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so in love with this product. It has made me feel like there's hope for my acne-ridden oily skin. I don't know why I've never heard of it until recently but I can't imagine not using it now. It's such a fantastic mask, free of any harmful chemicals and truly a healing product. What's even better is that it combines with another HG product, which I love - apple cider vinegar. My mask always includes ACV, the clay powder and a few drops of tea tree oil. This combination is stellar for my skin. The mask is powerful, so I would not recommend leaving it on for more than 20 minutes but it feels absolutely wonderful when all the blood is being pumped into the face. I can feel my skin healing and it's wonderful. Yes, I do have redness for about 30 minutes after the mask is off, and it's incredibly important to moisturize after washing off the mask, but my skin feels so lovely and soft afterwards, I can't believe I have been missing out on this for years. I have shared this "secret" with so many and will continue to do so. I bought a 1lb tub, have used it consistently, given it out to friends, and I haven't even scratched the surface. I have a feeling this tub will last me for over a year.

This is the most fabulous arsenal in my cabinet against acne. If you have troublesome skin, use this. Try it and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Don't forget to moisturize, even with oily skin. But do try this wonderful natural mask.