Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 2/21/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was expecting to absoloutely love this product. I bought it after reading an interview with Leslie Mann (who has amazing skin!) who said she uses it. It leaves my skin soft I guess but I feel like I would get that with any clay mask. I use it once a week and I don't think it has done anything at all for my skin. I mix it with apple cider vinegar. Also, I don't get the throbbing feeling or anything else that people say they feel with it on...it just gets tight. I will finish the tub but won't buy another one.

on 2/17/2013 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on impulse about 6 months ago. I have been having trouble with my skin since August of last year, and I was desperate! I am really impressed by how well this mask works. For the price, I was not expecting the world from it, but it really helps clear up my skin. It is a very strong mask, so at first, I expected my skin to dry out, but I have never had dryness from it. I do have a little trouble mixing the mask, but that is the only problem that I have with it. When I have a terrible breakout, I use this mask for 15 minutes before I go to bed. By morning, my skin looks A LOT better with viable reduction in the size of the pimples. I also feel like it reduced the itchiness that come with acne. I use it once or twice a month on regular skin months, and once a week when my skin is breaking out badly.

on 2/3/2013 6:39:00 PM

This mask is serious business. I agree with the previous previewer that this is not a mask to relax with! I use it about once a week, mixing it with apple cider vinegar and applying it on clean skin. I leave it on for about 15 minutes, or until I can't take it anymore, lol. It really does feel like it's vacuum-sucking your pores, it is SO WEIRD at first. At after I wash it off (and it doesn't wash off easily, I suggest wearing it before you get into the shower and can wash it off in there) my face is pretty rosy and red. But truly, the next morning, I can always count on my face to look much better. Any areas that were looking congested no longer look that way, my T-zone is less oily, and dry areas look smoother too, which is surprising. And the pores on my nose look smaller. This is so fast-acting, it's one of the few "quick fixes" that actually work. I would never be without this!

And it's cheap, and they give you a large quantity in a jar. I love that it's so simple too, no preservatives or potential irritants. Just pure bentonite clay goodness. I also like the Queen Helene mint julep mask, but I feel like this is an upgrade.

on 1/25/2013 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This clay, really helped me through my rough times with my skin.
Rewind to 2 years ago. My skin is broken out, the texture is disgusting, red and puss filled pimples with sprinkling of black heads all over my face. My confidence was non existent and I was becoming desperate.
I found myself in my local health food store, and picked this up just because i really had nothing to use.
The first time i used it i added acv like it says you can. I could feel the clay literally pulling the dirt and oil from my skin as it hardened.

So back to the present. It's been 2 years since i purchased this, and i'm only half way through the pound that you get. I do not use this regularly, just whenever i feel like.
I am not telling you this is a miracle in a jar. What i am saying is that if you think that the reason your skin is acting up is because you have toxins in your body/skin, i strongly feel this product is for you. if your skin is acting out due to hormonal issues, i'm not too sure. try is none the less. It's not like it's extra expensive. I paid $5 on sale.
Today i still do have pimples but the red and pussy ones are few and far between. What i have now are those very fine pimples that you could rub off your face easily but they come back and you can pnly really see them in certain light at certain angles, as well as hyperpigmentation left behind from previous acne.
The only cons about this are after i washedit off, my face is red for about an hour. So it is not a good idea to put this on right before something important like an event, date, anywhere you'll be seen.
And it is annoying to make. It also can get a little messy but you can minimize the mess by using a fan/foundation brush to apply it to your face.
This is a stable for me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Decided to give this a try after reading all the rave reviews on MUA. Picked this up at my local whole foods. Comes in a jar that is filled to the brim! A little advice when you open it: be careful or you will spill; there is no plastic wrapping once you open the jar.

I first tried this out with water - it was impossible to mix without getting clumps. Felt good on my skin. Tightened up very quickly and left my skin matte for hours. Gave it a second go with organic apple cider vinegar and it mixed perfect. I think the acv helped slightly more than just water. This mask tightens up much quicker than any other clay mask I've ever tried. I guess that means it's going straight to work? lol. After washing it off, my skin appears only slightly red (soon fades) and I can tell every bit of gunk and oil has been sucked up - that means you NEED to MOISTURIZE after using this mask! Highly recommend it for people with oily / blemished skin.

on 1/23/2013 2:45:00 AM

I ordered this mask after hearing rave reviews and I have to say I like it a lot. I mix it with ACV and brush it with a foundation brush. I don't do a thick layer as suggested cos a thin one works better and comes off easier. I leave it on for 30 minutes and it really does pulsate! I used it three days in a row the first week and the third time it didn't pulsate so I figured all the "impurities" were gone. Just a guess. I now use it once a week and find that if used more often, it is less effective. This mask reduced my pore size and softened my skin. It made my cheeks red but my tzone was fine. Some weeks I only use it on my tzone cos my cheeks are sensitive. For a super deep clean, I use Biore's pore strip immediately after since the mask draws out all the gunk to the surface. For those who say its too messy, just use a spoon! Dont pour from the container. I dedicate a plastic spoon and bowl just for this. Not messy at all. For the price, the product is worth a try!

on 1/17/2013 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This mask a little bit drying for my face, so after use aztec mask i use mask sheet pearl or snail essence and in the morning my face look great, my face look glowing not dry or red, firm and smooth. But it didnt bring deep cyst acne to surface,,,

After countinously using this mask i see improvement in my pores, no more whitehead and blackhead.

on 1/13/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product had been sitting on my wishlist for some time before I finally broke down and purchased it. I wish I hadn't waited so long! This clay makes my skin incredibly soft and smooth.

I do not have acne prone skin, so I do not know how well it works for that particular issue. It does help to minimize the appearance of large pores and gives a nice refined texture to my skin. I am incredibly oily, and this product helps to limit how greasy I get during the day.

Once per week I make a mask of the clay and a 50/50 mix of water and apple cider vinegar which I leave on for ten to fifteen minutes. As the mask dries it creates a pulsing and tightening sensation. It's an unusual, though not unpleasant, feeling. Once the mask is dry I rinse with warm water and a soft cloth. After, I use gentle cleanser and moisturizer.

There is some redness directly after use, however it fades within an hour or so.

on 1/10/2013 8:52:00 PM

This clay really is great, like everyone says. I used it maybe 2 or 3 times with water, and I could never get it to mix right. It also didn't make my face "pulsate" and didn't do much for me. When I mixed it with apple cider vinegar, WOW! There was a huge difference. Yeah, it smells terrible and makes my face red for about an hour after I use it, but it fixes deep pimples and even exfoliates. I think a major bonus to this mask is the "pulsating" - blood rushes to your face and I think the circulation helps your skin remove toxins, etc. I never had any breakouts after using this either.

I recommend using this at night and applying a good night cream afterward. It will soak into your skin and your skin will look great the next morning. Don't bother using it if you don't have ACV - using water is just not the same.

on 1/8/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm always one to try new things in skincare. I tend to have constant break outs and hormonal blemishes. I don't remember a time when my skin was perfectly clear. I heard about this on Reddit and I didn't think to much about it until I saw it pretty cheap on Amazon. The recommended way to use this is to mix equal parts of the clay powder and apple cider vinegar. When you put it on, it'S normal to feel your skin pulsate and to feel a heat like sensation. It's like any normal mask and you'll feel a bit of tightening and it will be difficult to move your face. Stick with it. It can be difficult to wash off once it's dry, but just take a wet washcloth, hold it on your face for a few seconds and then rub it off. If you have skin like mine, your face will be REALLY red for a bit. It will feel hot. But after everything settles down your face will be baby soft and smooth. The price isn't bad at all for how much you get. The packaging I got says it's good for 10 - 15 facials....I see it lasting me much longer. If you're on the fence about this, just go ahead and buy it.

Popular Masks