September 1, 2014 | 1958 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I've been using Cetaphil for years, mostly because it's what my parents always bought, and I've just continued using it ever since. It's a pretty decent basic cleanser. I always feel clean afterwards, I really like how it takes my makeup off, and it's pretty good for my sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin.
After reading a recent article I looked at the ingredients and there seems to be nothing nourishing in this cleanser, but I'll probably keep using it until I find something better.
Been quite tempted to use Dove Beauty Bar after reading so many great reviews.
In total it's a good cleanser, used to be a good price but I've found it's gotten quite expensive in the last several years. Oh and don't bother using the Cetaphil moisturizer, it sucks, feels very greasy and I felt it burned a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by peachfox

there seemed to be good reviews about this product so i decided to give it a try. i have acne prone skin and as well oily. i found that this product made my skin really dry and it wasnt cleansing my face completely

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by matt1syd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I recently started using benzoyl peroxide and my skin got REALLY dry (it's usually oily) and irritated. This doesn't leave my skin as dry after, but still pretty dry and flaky in some places. Plus it burned! I wasn't expecting that at all since I don't have sensitive skin and I can usually put anything on and be fine. It only burns my cheeks and it stops once it's rinsed off, but it's still very unpleasant. I don't care for the texture either, it doesn't lather at all and my face doesn't feel clean after.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by alyciaceballos

I wish I had bought he normal/oily skin version. This one is so light that it feels like my skin is not getting cleaned at all. With no gentle exfoliation or foaming, I don't see how it can get anything off your face. Plus I noticed that when I was away at a friends house and tried using the other version, my face looked great & then as soon as I went back to this one, my face broke out like mad! Finding a good way to clean my face after I wear make-up is a problem that I still have yet to solve :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by SkinNMakeupbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this because everyone loves it but after reviewing the ingredients i thought of using something ELSE!

Cetyl alcohol, an emollient used in many cosmetics, is essentially a wax

Sodium lauryl sulfate is a foaming agent, and skin and eye irritant, that disturbs the healthy lipid barrier of the skin, and parabens are a group of preservatives being phased out for potential health risks.

No antioxidants that help fight free radical damage; no omega-rich plant seed oils that fortify the skin barrier; and not a drop of skin-calming botanicals.

it may not irritate your skin but probably wont do much either

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product was recommended to me by a dermatologist as well as a family member's cosmetic surgeon. When I first used it, my face practically squeaked in the shower and it had a light baby powder smell. I noticed my face felt oilier afterwards, which was i thought was because I had been using a daily exfoliating face wash before this product. After a few days, Cetaphil continued to make my face very oily, but my blemishes were not as bad as usual. After a while, I noticed a lot of blackheads around the bridge of my nose and slightly around my t-zone.

I stuck it out and continued to use the wash once a day and occasionally at night if my skin felt greasy before bed. My family member with the C.S. actually said that the wash seemed to be making my skin clearer IHO. I still have some cystic acne around my temples, but the reoccurring blemishes I used to get on my cheeks are almost completely gone! They don't swell and hurt like they used to before every menstrual cycle, so I'm not picking at my face at all anymore. I don't see a change, but I feel it and the people that see me once every couple of weeks definitely see a difference.

I'd recommend this to everyone! I'm actually trying to get the family members in my household to use it (males) because its really good. I'd recommend it to a friend and demand that they try for at least two weeks before disregarding it. I almost threw this to the side because I saw blackheads on my face after using it in a steamy shower, but that's because its not a harsh stripping product. This is definitely a keeper. I've already bought another bottle so I can at least get through a season if the product should discontinue or disappear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by michelina28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. After years of battling acne, countless antibiotics and even roaccutane my doctor recommended using this product. It doesn't completely get rid of pimples but its really works well and I have noticed a significant difference in my dry skin. I am no longer really dry and find it battles oil and pimples. I think those who prefer a softer more gentle approach to the battling skin problems will love this product. :) Will continue using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sithstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the best cleanser i have ever used. highly recommended for those with dry skin or exzcema.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Shake15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Sadly, this gave me red spots around my cheeks :( in just 2 uses. Other than that, this could have been a good product because it made my skin redness go away, my skin felt soft, moisturised and stronger. However, I have really oily, acne-prone skin and that is probably the reason why it did not suit my skin. But don't be disheartened! I think this would work amazingly for those who have dry skin and are looking for something gentle!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by skibumschick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this product. It's my morning face wash. I do not use it in the evening, because it won't remove makeup. However, it's perfect for morning duty. I have dry skin and when I use this in the shower, it's like a drink of water for my skin in the mornings. I've noticed that my face stays more hydrated throughout the day. I can see how those who are acne prone wouldn't like it. It doesn't foam up. I use it with my clarisonic and I am very happy with the results. I will definitely keep this as a staple in my am routine.