Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/29/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It didn't do anything for me.I was having breakouts when I purchased a bottle, probably due to the moisturizer I was using. My face just remained the same.It's slightly pricey so I guess I expected a little more. I will not be repurchasing.

on 1/28/2014 10:45:00 PM

Love. Been using since the summer 2014. Awesome and gentle for skin all year long.

Pros: gentle doesn't dry my now winter dry skin out and great in the summer when I have oily skin. Easy to use ( I use with Olay spinning brush -totally saved my face those two) and if you can get the Harmon's drugstore kind it's great and so cheap.

I've searched everywhere with everything for my ever changing acne prone oily dry skin. This is the only thing I've ever used for so long that works I suggest it to every and anyone.

Cons: none

on 1/26/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've been using this cleanser for a very long time. Like for 2 years. My skin is very sensitive so it's very hard to find a good cleanser for me. My dermatologist recommend this to me after my skin broke out after trying out a concealer from Neutrogena. I immediately stopped using the concealer and tried to go about on my daily routine, but it wasn't working. I honestly can say, I RARELY break out (but I do get a pimple here and there when it's that time of the month), but after using that concealer, it somehow made me break out a whole lot for about 2 weeks. Then I started using the Cetaphil cleanser, and for the heck of it, I even purchased the daily lotion (which I also love!). I started using them both for about 2-3 weeks and I start to notice that my pimples were going away! It doesn't smell which I love because my skin is quite sensitive and it doesn't foam at all. I don't really mind that as long as it does it's job. It cleans my skin very nicely and not only that, it hydrates! It doesn't dry your skin at all. My skin feels smooth and bouncy after. The packaging is not girly or cutesy. I would like it to be but my husband uses it too so he simply likes it lol I buy mines at Costco, which is cheaper. You buy two for the price of one. The lotion isn't so bad either. It's part of my everyday routine. I currently have clear skin! Like clear skin! The monthly cycles don't even phase me anymore! I have about 2 scars from a previous break out due to seafood, but it's going away. I use another product for scars. This product really worked out for me. I don't know about other people but give it try. I never tried the oily one, but I don't need it since my skin is normal for now. I highly recommend to people with very sensitive skin!

on 1/26/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This product is OK, It can take off my makeup but I feel like its too gentle to really clean my skin to where I feel like its really doing something. If you have normal non acne prone skin it might work.

on 1/21/2014 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Honestly, this stuff is a lifesaver for me. I've been battling acne for the last ten or so years, and I have extremely sensitive skin. Until I settled into the routine I've been using for the past 2 or so years with Cetaphil, the slightest thing would break me out. I have combination skin, but whereas for a lot of people, "combination skin" means some dry patches and some oily patches, I get a super, super greasy forehead and nose, and extremely dry patches (read: eczema) on my eyelids, cheeks, and chin.

I was using all kinds of cleansers, both drugstore and high-end, until I finally saw a dermatologist who recommended I use Cetaphil... Best decision. I still get oily in the forehead and nose, and I still get eczema flare-ups every now and then (also, I tend to break out around that-time-of-the-month) but everything is so much more manageable and smooth and even looking.

My routine: Cetaphil cleanser in the AM with Cetaphil moisturizing cream (I think this is technically for body, but it works wonders on my dry patches and doesn't break me out) and topical benzoyl peroxide. Cetaphil cleanser in the PM with Cetaphil moisturizing cream and topical tretinoin. 2x a week I use my Clarisonic, and 2x a week I use a mask.

on 1/18/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am honestly mixed emotions about this cleanser. Let me tell you why... So I use to use Proactiv and in an attempt to cut off from that junk I was starting to incorporate Cetaphil and it was really working, my skin had never looked better it was like a miracle. I honestly felt like it removed all my makeup, dirt, sweat, everything. However, once I completely cut off my proactiv, my skin was just not happy, I broke out dramatically. And the cetaphil did nothing unfortunately. I have gone through one bottle and was half way through a second and stopped.

However, 2 years later I decided to give it a try again, my acne has been a rollarcoaster since and i tried this new birthcontrol method (which has been the worse experience ever) and it has broke me out soooo much I have never seen my acne this bad and I am 20 years old living with acne for over 6 years. And now my face is super sensitive and I decided to start using Cetaphil again, well although there is slight improvement I don't know it its the cleanser or the gel or the antibiotics I am on. My face is just a hott mess. It does, however, not irritate my skin and leave it nice and clean. I just hope it works its magic again.

on 1/18/2014 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product for years - during my severe acne, oily, and dry skin days. It was recommended by my dermatologist and by many reviews searched online. It leaves face fresh and clean if washed properly. It's not just the cleanser; you need to wash properly as well! I forgot how many times I've repurchased this product, but this one's a keeper.

on 1/17/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like cleanser that doesn't lather or anything because I just don't feel that my face is completely washed and refreshed. It's not cheap as a drugstore item.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This never cleanses make up or sunscreen off! It made my skin worse

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this. its gentle and leaves my skin so soft and smooth with out over drying it. defenatly buy if you are looking for a gentle yet affective cleanser

Video Reviews & Tutorials