October 25, 2014 | 1680 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

After trying a number of more expensive cleansers, I am glad that I gave this a try. This just goes to show that sometimes your skin needs a break from harsh products. And just because you pay more for Boscia or Clairsonic cleansers, it doesn't mean that they are better overall.

I don not have sensitive skin, yet I got this in the Gentle formulation. I love the moisturizing feeling of this product! It doesn't aggravate my acne and yet cleans my face appropriately. If I want to remove make up, I will obviously use wipes or a make up cleanser beforehand. Less is more in terms of applying harsh chemicals to the face. And this product delivers on what is needed on a daily basis.

I got it with $3.50 off coupon from Ulta for around $8. This product will last me a LONG time. So much so, that I have begun to use it to wash my hands. It is without frills and doesn't dry out my skin. At first, I couldn't get used to the fact that it doesn't foam up. But then again, I don't know how foaming contributes to cleaning your face better.

I highly recommend this product. I will repurchase. I refuse to pay more for essentially the same product for the brand name. Cleanser is a cleanser. And this one is the BOMB.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ana18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's amazing!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by racheal23

I HAVE PURCHASED THIS A FEW TIMES FOR ACNE. SINCE I HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN, I WAS TOLD THIS WOULD HELP CALM MY ACNE. INSTEAD, I FELT LIKE I STARTED HAVEING MORE BREAKOUTS AFTER USING THIS. IT DOES MAKE YOUR FACE FEEL CLEAN, BUT YOU HAVE TO USE A DIFFERENT CLEANSER FIRST TO REMOVE MAKEUP.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by cdove

I usually use the regular version of this and have to say that I am surprisingly disappointed with this product. Yes I understand it is intended to be gentle but I feel as if it is too gentle and doesn't even clean my face properly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Avery

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this product as a hand cleanser because of my dry skin and eczema. It's gentle, non-iritating and fragrance free. I prefer the one for oily skin for my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Florat

I just finished my second bottle. I repurchased it only because its gentle. But thats it, it doesnt do anything to my acne and sometimes even clog my pores! Wont purchase the third bottle as i switched to Aquanil.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a stand alone cleanser for me but a pretty good make up remover before I wash my face. More affordable than other make removers. The only thing I don't like about it is the parabens.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It doesn't take anything off so I would only use this as a morning cleanser. Except I hate the way this feels on my skin, slimy and yucky. It doesn't remove makeup soooooo it's pretty useless for me. It didn't break me out. I only bought this because I was in a pinch and people seem to like it but I will not repurchase. I need something gentle and non-drying but that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by GamerKate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this, keeps my face clear and clean. I pair it twice a day with the moisturizing lotion and my skin feels soft and dewy (in a good way) . Washing my face with it felt a bit different than any other face wash i've used, it felt less slippery/soft, but it is also the most effective one ive ever tried. Although my skin didnt feel soft while washing, it certainly did afterwards, especially with the lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I look back on the days when I could afford to use strong facial products in an attempt to combat pesky zits. Those days are long gone. I have combination skin- oily t-zone and normal in the cheek area- that has become fairly sensitive overtime. When it comes to my skincare routine, I've found that less is more. The less strong, fragrant, or harsh a product, the better my skin reacts. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is formulated for all skin types and is about as gentle a cleanser as you can find in a drugstore. I purchase mine at Target for cheaper, at around $9 for a large bottle (versus about $11 at the drugstore). The consistency is light and creamy and rinses off fairly easily. This is a basic, no-frillls cleanser that I imagine would work well for all skin types, particularly those with sensitive/acne prone skin. It does not aggravate or cause breakouts, in fact I've found that my skin breaks out much less since using this regularly (for the last four months or so). It does not dry out my skin, leaving the natural moisture in tact while gently and effectively cleansing. Now, it's not for everyone because it is so basic-- it does not remove makeup that effectively and isn't going to combat more severe cases of acne. It doesn't foam up at all, it really just spreads on like a lotion and rinses off. I happen to like the consistency but can understand why some might not. Overall, Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser is great for those looking for something gentle and simple- it can be used by people of all ages, young or old. I'm so glad the search for a good skin cleanser is over!