September 22, 2014 | 1026 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Giginana

Love this!!! I was using a whole bunch of products for my acne one my cheeks and then decided i needed to stop being so harsh!!!! I was scrubbing, masking, and irritating my skin! So I bought this because pretty much every Dermatologist suggest it, and I have no cystic acne anymore!!!!!! I have a few minor pimples but I wasn't expecting it to fix any acne, so i'm happy. Plus, I wear makeup, and I use this and that makeup comes right off, even eye makeup! Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by thepurplepoopoo

I've been using this for years and though it's not perfect, as you may have heard complaints on its ingredients or cleaning power, it's still on the top of my repurchasing list. It cleans my skin without irritating it, because as a combination or oily skin with terrible acne problems I'm so easily irritated whenever I used something wrong in my daily routines. I also tried a lot of other cleansers claiming to be designed for acne or problem skin, but none of them worked for a long time. Cetaphil gentle really cleans and calms my skin though sometimes you may feel like it burns, by the way that means your skin need to be hydrated, and when you feel there are things left on your skin you can apply it for one more time and it won't hurt even if you wash your face for three times. So I really recommend this product if you're troubled by the same skin problems like me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I have oily skin and read that using oil controlling washes can tend to dry out your skin therefore causing your skin to create more sebum naturally which is obviously something I wanted to avoid.. I read all the good reviews on this and how effective it was on all skin types including oily so I decided to give it a whirl. I used it to mainly wash my skin at night and take my makeup off which it seemed to do the job and not leave my skin feeling overly stripped yet clean and balanced. I use a salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide wash/scrub in the morning to help combat oil and acne during the day so its nice to use at night to effectively remove your makeup and give your skin a break. It didn't break me out and helped me clear up some of the minor acne that I had at the time along with my salicylic acid morning cleanser. I also like that my skin wouldn't feel oily when waking up in the morning.
All in all I would say its a good product .However, I recently switched to Neutrogena Ultra Gentle foaming cleanser because I heard its about the same but does a better job at removing makeup. I like it better than Cetaphil's cleanser for this purpose, but as a tried and true formula that's been around for so long and recommended by many dermatologists I gotta hand it to Cetaphil. I would definitely recommend it for someone with sensitive/oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by HennyA

LOVE! It cleared up my skin.

MY SKIN: I have an oily skin & acne prone skin since junior high and now I already working. Since I have acne prone, I went to many doctors, skin dermatologist, get many prescription & the result was temporary only. My skin hates it and my body too. I'm so sick for going and trying out A to Z doctors, various regime & medicines. Until I decided to be gentle with my skin and let it be.

EXPERIENCE: First time I heard this product from my friend, but I was too skeptical so I don't really wanna to try it out and also at that time in my country they haven't sell Cetaphil yet. Until last year I found out about Acne.org and they suggest about Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. And I was tempted to try, since acne.org got so many great amazing reviews and cetaphil gentle cleanser too. And now my skin CLEARED (only when it is nearing my period I got some breakouts). Thanks to acne.org and Cetaphil. I got many compliments from my friends ;)

TEXTURES: It is so gentle and I love the soap-free feeling. First time, it feels weird but now I'm loving it! If you are wearing make up, better to clean up your make up first with cleansing oil, make up remover, etc. Then continue with Cetaphil gentle cleanser. You'll love how it glides on your skin, doesn't leave skin dry and it just make your skin supple. I cannot explain how much thankful I am found acne.org & cetaphil gentle cleanser. Although I have oily skin, but I found that using cetaphil gentle skin cleanser more effective than cetaphil cleanser for oily skin because oily acne prone is categorized sensitive skin.

PACKAGING: Great packaging. The big size (473ml or 16 FL OZ) they come with pump so it's more sterile and easier to control how much comes out. And the have "open & close" type of pump. Which is great for travelling. The smaller size have no pump, but still good for travelling and easier to carry.

PRICE: Great value for money. It last so long... And in my country (Indonesia) they often have promo. Which is even better.

BUY AGAIN: Definitely YES! I have 3 bottles at home for some stocks. And been using 1 1/2 bottles of 473ml or 16 FL OZ

WHERE TO BUY in INDONESIA: Watson, Guardian, Grand Lucky Supermarket (Jakarta) so far

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I've been using Cetaphil for years, mostly because it's what my parents always bought, and I've just continued using it ever since. It's a pretty decent basic cleanser. I always feel clean afterwards, I really like how it takes my makeup off, and it's pretty good for my sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin.
After reading a recent article I looked at the ingredients and there seems to be nothing nourishing in this cleanser, but I'll probably keep using it until I find something better.
Been quite tempted to use Dove Beauty Bar after reading so many great reviews.
In total it's a good cleanser, used to be a good price but I've found it's gotten quite expensive in the last several years. Oh and don't bother using the Cetaphil moisturizer, it sucks, feels very greasy and I felt it burned a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by peachfox

there seemed to be good reviews about this product so i decided to give it a try. i have acne prone skin and as well oily. i found that this product made my skin really dry and it wasnt cleansing my face completely

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by matt1syd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I recently started using benzoyl peroxide and my skin got REALLY dry (it's usually oily) and irritated. This doesn't leave my skin as dry after, but still pretty dry and flaky in some places. Plus it burned! I wasn't expecting that at all since I don't have sensitive skin and I can usually put anything on and be fine. It only burns my cheeks and it stops once it's rinsed off, but it's still very unpleasant. I don't care for the texture either, it doesn't lather at all and my face doesn't feel clean after.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by alyciaceballos

I wish I had bought he normal/oily skin version. This one is so light that it feels like my skin is not getting cleaned at all. With no gentle exfoliation or foaming, I don't see how it can get anything off your face. Plus I noticed that when I was away at a friends house and tried using the other version, my face looked great & then as soon as I went back to this one, my face broke out like mad! Finding a good way to clean my face after I wear make-up is a problem that I still have yet to solve :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by SkinNMakeupbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this because everyone loves it but after reviewing the ingredients i thought of using something ELSE!

Cetyl alcohol, an emollient used in many cosmetics, is essentially a wax

Sodium lauryl sulfate is a foaming agent, and skin and eye irritant, that disturbs the healthy lipid barrier of the skin, and parabens are a group of preservatives being phased out for potential health risks.

No antioxidants that help fight free radical damage; no omega-rich plant seed oils that fortify the skin barrier; and not a drop of skin-calming botanicals.

it may not irritate your skin but probably wont do much either

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product was recommended to me by a dermatologist as well as a family member's cosmetic surgeon. When I first used it, my face practically squeaked in the shower and it had a light baby powder smell. I noticed my face felt oilier afterwards, which was i thought was because I had been using a daily exfoliating face wash before this product. After a few days, Cetaphil continued to make my face very oily, but my blemishes were not as bad as usual. After a while, I noticed a lot of blackheads around the bridge of my nose and slightly around my t-zone.

I stuck it out and continued to use the wash once a day and occasionally at night if my skin felt greasy before bed. My family member with the C.S. actually said that the wash seemed to be making my skin clearer IHO. I still have some cystic acne around my temples, but the reoccurring blemishes I used to get on my cheeks are almost completely gone! They don't swell and hurt like they used to before every menstrual cycle, so I'm not picking at my face at all anymore. I don't see a change, but I feel it and the people that see me once every couple of weeks definitely see a difference.

I'd recommend this to everyone! I'm actually trying to get the family members in my household to use it (males) because its really good. I'd recommend it to a friend and demand that they try for at least two weeks before disregarding it. I almost threw this to the side because I saw blackheads on my face after using it in a steamy shower, but that's because its not a harsh stripping product. This is definitely a keeper. I've already bought another bottle so I can at least get through a season if the product should discontinue or disappear.