January 28, 2015 | 963 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my go to products. It used to be too expensive for me compared to other oils but since I found the LouAnne brand in a 30 oz. "tub" at Wal- mart for $5.00 it is a must have, even if its only food grade and not extra virgin, organic or whatever . I use this as my makeup remover, a leave in hair conditioner and overnight deep hair conditioner, lightwieght body moisturizer or even sugar scrubs. Coconut oil has been proven to actually penetrate hair and protect it from protein loss, thereby making it stronger. You need to leave it on hair for 14 hrs. to reap all the benefits, thats why I generally use it as my daily leave in after washing. I have oily skin so prefer the lighter feel of coconut oil to any other food-based oils and since I have started using it as my makeup remover I dont even get my monthly "PMS pimples". The only problem is that under 76 degrees coconut oil is a solid, and it is difficult to get out of the tub but it melts instantly in hands. Its not the best for sugar scrubs in the winter due to this fact but all in all its a winner. HG product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Removes blackheads and reduces pores like magic. After approx a month of daily use as a makeup remover at night (for my tzone) I no longer have a need for pore filling type of primers. There are so many uses for this. Read the reviews and do your own research. I really think you are doing yourself a disservice if you do not purchase and experiment with this for both skincare and hair care not to mention the endless positives in healthcare as well.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ferrery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

what is lotion? since i started using coconut oil a year ago, i rarely ever use lotion anymore. post-shower, coconut oil is a dream to apply. smells delicious and melts onto ur body so nicely. while yes it is pretty greasy after u apply it, the moisturzing effects on ur skin just beat the greasyness. i try to use natural and organic products as much as i can, and coconut oil is so versatile. i also use coconut oil as a gentle eye makeup remover, takes off all my lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow in practically one swipe. i've also stopped buying makeup remover since coconut oil does the trick!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only discovered coconut oil about 2 years ago & I would never be without again. I use Parachute coconut oil (only because I have bought it when I have been in India) and a 500ml bottle lasts at least 7-8 months.

To liquefy coconut oil, I run the hot tap in my bathroom sink, fill the basin up & then pop the bottle in – it turns to liquid in a minute and stays in liquid form until the water turns tepid.

I use this all over my body as a moisturiser every other day and even on my face when it feels dehydrated. You only need a couple of teaspoons to moisturise your whole body.

Since regularly applying coconut oil, my skin feels more supple and some stretch marks seem "softer" in appearance

I also, use a drop or two of coconut oil to tame/condition frizzy hair especially if the weather is either raining or humid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by torrrayyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love coconut oil as a hair treatment , lotion
,tanning oil,and it tastes good. This product is my go to for my dry skin in winter...It makes my hair unbelievable soft shiny and healthy looking i love this oil sooooooo much ... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Eboniejoie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love coconut oil! I got mine from Vitacost and it's organic and I use it for everything! I cook with it, I moisturize my body and hair with it. I use it to remove eye makeup. It's one of my favorite oils.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by BrownSista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading amazing reviews for coconut oil and buying the virgin, unrefined kind that is supposedly best, I am left wondering what all the hype is about. I personally found coconut oil to be a horrible moisturizer. In fact, I found it to be extremely drying to my nails, which I quickly noticed started peeling and breaking. When I apply coconut oil to my dry lips, it just sits there, never alleviating the dryness as lip balms or Vaseline does. You just end up with greasy dry lips. When I applied coconut oil to my legs the first night I actually woke up the next morning ashy, something that never happened when I used baby oil. When I apply it to may face, again, my skin continues to feel dry as if nothing was ever applied to it. I can’t speak on the health benefits because that isn’t what I purchased it for. What I did find coconut oil to be good for, and the reason why I continue to purchase it, is I find it to be a great feminine hygiene product. After using the bathroom, wiping “down there” with coconut oil keeps the area much fresher than using nothing or other harsher cleansing wipes.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by alicexie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After applying coconut oil on my underarms for keratosis pilaris every night for 3-5 months, I am glad to say that I have more or less gotten rid of the little bumps. There are still a few bumps remaining, but I expect they will be eliminated soon and my arms feel wonderfully smooth in any case.

I have gone to the doctor to get treatment for this condition a few times, and have been prescribed various creams; none worked even a little. I didn't expect something as simple as coconut oil to work, but it did, and phenomenally. I like knowing that it's pure natural oil, with no added chemicals, and it smells heavenly--applying it before bed is quite relaxing in any case.

Back when my hair was fried from perming it, applying coconut oil to it (both before and after washing) did not have much of an effect. So it might not be as miraculous for everyone--sorry to disappoint. However, there are other products for that, and virtually none other I know of that can cure keratosis pilaris. For that reason this is an HG product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by FeralFairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was using organic virgin Coconut oil on my face every night but I noticed that it started to break me out in a way I have not broken out before. My skin was an utter mess....however as soon as I stopped using Coconut oil on my face it started to heal. I have fairly acne prone skin and had heard that Coconut oil would help with it .. but no for me it made it 100 times worse.

I still love Coconut oil for moisturizing my body, my hair, for putting in smoothies or tea and I also like to put some around my eyes at night. Just not for my face anymore I use extra virgin olive oil for that instead :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got some of this a few days ago and I'm in love. Move over Lush's Ultrabland, this is much easier to use as an oil cleanser as it washes off far more easily leaving skin lovely and smooth. I have tried it in my hair as a leave in treatment but I don't think I put enough in to notice a significant difference. As a body moisturiser it is just fab on extra dry and eczema prone skin, and so cheap!! Try it.