April 16, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

ok i deleted my original review where this stuff really did nothing for me and I will now write a new review on what I think.....

***HAIR:
ok on hair i don't really like it, its ok. I get better results from mixing tomato sauce, honey & EVOO together for a mask, plus if i do use on hair I use it up faster & its to expensive to do that.

***SHAVING: clogs my shavers big fail.

***MOISTURIZER:
for body its not good, its doesn't supply no where near the amount of moisture i need it to. I used it for a month on my 2yr olds Keratosis after reading that some have been cured of theirs when they used coconut oil, but another fail it did nothing for her. :-( However behind her knee she gets real itchy and I apply it there and it instantly takes the itch away for her :-) SCORE.

***FACE:
in winter my jojoba oil is not enough moisture for my skin (at night) so i usually top it with coconut oil and rub in real good, so I do like it for this and its given me no issues or break outs :-)

***NAILS:
since moisturizing my hands and cuticles with this, my nails have been peeling like crazy, i don't think its the CO doing it but who knows, it surely didn't help, so another FAIL :-(

***FEET:
for 15yrs I have put lotions of all kinds and brands on my feet before bed and put on socks. I have genetically dry feet and NOTHING has ever helped in 15yrs. I know the CO doesn't give me good moisture on my body so i wasn't expecting much at all on my rough feet BUT OMG this stuff works MIRACLES on feet, like i can't even believe my eyes I am in shock, all i can say is USE ON YOUR FEET.

***TAKING BY MOUTH:
I took this by mouth (unrefined, virgin) for maybe 6months or so, it was a quick fix one night for bad acid reflux, it can banish menstrual cramps in 10 minutes and they will never come back. If taken daily i don't even get cramps or bloating. I have had a bloating problem ever since i could remember but with this taken daily my problem (that dr's had no fix for) was cured. ever since having kids i get insane crippling pain 1-2 weeks after my period for a few days, my dr think i might for some reason be feeling by body ovulate, pain meds did not help but take this oil daily and i have had no problems. This oil i can no live with out (by mouth) but i have stopped for the time being to check my cholesterol and am looking for a dr to say its ok to take this (would just feel better if they did) but being that is saturated (even though its a good one) getting someone to say its ok to take will never happen in my lifetime. I feel its safe, but want that "ok". so for now I have given it up and all my problems are back :-( I WANT MY CO.

***OTHER:
my toddler goes #2 alot and her butt gets really irritated from wiping it, so in order to prevent that from happening i rub her lower half with CO and it never gets inflamed anymore, and IF it does I rub it on and it fixes it.

toddler had red, runny eyes that was bothering her, when i finally got her to sleep, I rubbed this all over her eye (hoping to get a little in the eye) she woke up the next day 100% :-)

***SUNBLOCK
i have heard u can use this as sunblock but have to season your skin first, I have not done the seasoning part yet but might try it this spring/summer

***MAKEUP PRIMER
I am using right now as a make up primer, after my moisturizer sits for a little i massage this oil in then dab off any excess so i am not oily, let it sit for a bit and apply my bb cream. works good :-)

***MAKEUP REMOVER:
i know i know how can it be a remover and primer, i dont' know it just works. love this as an eye makeup remover.

***OIL PULLING: (white teeth)
you have got to google oil pulling, it pulls toxins out of the body, fixes all kinds of problems, gives u energy, weight loss and WHITE TEETH. I have been oil pulling with CO for only 2 wks and immediately my teeth got whiter, they are soooo much whiter i can't stop looking at them and its only been 2wks. I will never stop oil pulling, will do it for the rest of my life for healthy white teeth, healthy gums, overall health and whatever else it will bring to my life.

***FEVER:
when my toddlers had a fever i rubbed them down with CO and it brought the fever down to a safe temp without breaking it, i did not want to break it because that will take away the bodies defense against the virus. I love this stuff.

******girls while i haven't tried it (cause i never get them) from what i read u might be able to use this for yeast infections too**********

CO is my favorite thing on this earth, i am dying to take it by mouth again hopefully one day I will again. I have jars of this in almost every room of my house and one in my purse (never know when u will need it) so many milllions of uses for it. My husband laughs at me cause whenever there is a problem I say "get the coconut oil" LOL now my 3yr says it too. if something is wrong she says "mama u gonna get the coconut oil?"

***TIP:
some might say it's not sanitary but I usually use a sterile knife from the dishwasher and wrap it in a napkin and set the blade part in a small zip lock bag. u might have to get a fresh utensil with each use but hey that's a small sacrifice for something that works miracles.

UPDATE:
my mom is using this to moisturize the cancer on her nose and now the cancer is almost gone :-) I had read it could get rid of topical cancer and now i have proof. I also read it can prevent it from coming back. I am worried about dealing with skin cancer since I burned to the point of blisters twice when little (that pretty much makes my chances of getting cancer 100%) so am now having my husband massage this oil into my skin on my shoulders, neck and back every night before bed in hopes i will never have to worry about cancer :-) time will tell.....

17 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by soi56starz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is seriously the best gift to mankind. I've stopped using basically all other skincare! Uses:

FACE: I rub this in, and my oily, acne-prone, dehydrated skin is now almost blemish free, and all of my scars are rapidly fading! I use this in the morning and night (this absorbs super quickly for me--maybe because my skin is so thirsty?!). It's also moisturizing enough for me to use as an eyecream!

EYES: Best. makeup. remover. ever. I just put some on my fingertips and rub gently all over and wash off.

BODY: By dry, cracking skin is now soooo smooth!

FEET: My feet (especially heels) are always cracking. I put coconut oil on and put on socks before bed, and when I wake up, my heels are smooth!

HAIR: I massage coconut oil into my scalp and all over, leave in for 1 hour and then shower as normal. My hair is soo much healthier after just one week! My frizzies are minimal and my hair doesn't tangle anymore.

I use organic extra virign coconut oil from vitacost that I bought on sale--16 oz for ~$12. I've been using this continuously all over for 2 weeks and barely made a dent! GO BUY THIS MIRACLE PRODUCT!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by kk14

This oil is brilliant it is solid in the tin and becomes oil when you rub in between your fingers. I use it to remove eye make up gently and sometimes on my face too. I also use it on my hair before I shower, but mainly I use to remove make up and it works great to remove make up gently.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the smell! I often sleep with this in my hair, it's the only hair mask I don't mind to have in my hair while I'm sleeping.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

---KUMARIKA HAIR OIL---
there isn't a review page for this but as its a coconut based hair oil thought i'd write here. Saw this on the shelf in local asian shop, comes in a greenish bottle, nicely packaged with a real plant root inside the bottle. Says its specially targeted for hairfall. Contains, coconut oil, amla, and almond oil as the main ingredients. Basically my hair has been falling out loooaaddss lately and its been looking really flat and lifeless. saw this at my local and gave it a try, pleasantly surprised. used it few times, hair feels thicker, dense, soft and moisturised. Not to mention the main reason i used it was for hairfall, and my hairs been falling out less, only a few strands in bath now, before i couldnt even count them. I give my scalp and hair a good massage with this oil leave one for few hours or overnight depending on what im doing and wash it out. its changed texture of my hair. For only 3, it's worth it!!!! i have curly/wavy thick hair, so it adds nice body to limp curls, and it looks smoother too....give it a try!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

If I could leave 10 or 20 stars, I certainly would.

EVERYONE should know and research about the health benefits of Organic Virgin Unrefined Coconut oil. And always make sure it says "un"refined, not refined. Because the refind is not the same as the unrefined. If you look up "coconut oil benefits" you will find some utterly amazing and eye opening facts about this wonderful miracle.

-it helps moisturize skin
-prevents/fades wrinkles
-cures/helps rashes, exzema, sun burns, scrapes, BURNS, STRETCHMARKS, etc..you name it!even bee stings I think!

-it Prevents/cures STOMACH flu, Cold/flus-its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial!!! Eat about 2-5 tablespoons a day and you will find you hardly will get sick most of the time!

-lowers cholesterol, and has many other heart benefits and blood pressure benefits

-promotes better digestion, and circulation (great for diabetics)

-some say it clears acne (however, quitting eating DAIRY products and animal meat also clears acne -btw)

-makes hair beautiful and shiney!! A great heat protector

-cures dandruff

-it is the ONLY oil you can eat that doesn't store as FAT (notice people in the tropics eat massive amounts of this and doesn't get overweight).

-helps balance out thyroid problems-which helps with weight loss!

-oh and cooking/frying with it instead of other oils (like olive, vegtable, etc...) is also much better because its the only oil on this planet that does turn into bad smoke at really high heat and the oil doesn't dry up as fast during frying and its much much more healthier to eat!!

-sooooooooo many other things! Please research it, watch videos about it, and educate yourself and how this oil (even tho it is a saturated fat, it is a GOOD fat) and it is a miracle! YES, it can be expensive, but a little goes a long way. Spread it on whole grain bread after toasting it with almond butter and a little bit of honey and yum!!!! Even some athletes eat a bit of this before working out or training! This is GOD SEND!

Note-you will tell the difference if it is true organic and UNrefind, because it will have that true coconut smell and flavor, and also makes food taste even better when cooking with it!

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by nicholee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the amazing things coconut oil does for one's hair, skin and health, I had to try it. I am really amazed at the anti bacterial properties coconut oils has that I was so excited I had to post my review today haha. I tried it on last night as a makeup remover and it was sooo good, easily takes off all the make up in one go and does not sting like other brand name removers. The best part is it doesn't hurt your eyelashes when rubbing, I read that it helps nourishes your lashes too. After that I use a cleanser to wash it all off. What was amazing was the whitehead I had on my face for many weeks, suddenly dried out after just using coconut oil as a make up remover. I could see the difference just minutes after using it. Then I used the coconut oil as a moisturizer for my skin at night and when I woke up this morning, the whitehead completely dried out. Totally unbelievable as it really beats using those acne creams which doesn't do any good and waste of money. I read many reviews saying that the oil makes the face break out, but it doesn't for me. I woke up with glowing soft to the touch skin. Not tired looking skin! I rub a little bit on my fingers to warm it first. A little bit goes a long way. Do choose cold pressed or virgin coconut oil only.

I've tried using it as oil pulling (where you swirl the oil in your mouth for 10-15 minutes which helps removes toxins) this morning and will continue to do so. I will also use it to coat my dry hair which has gone through so much chemical processing lol. I will update after I have tried it. So in conclusions, I really recommend anyone who hasn't at least tried coconut oil, it's really good and so natural. I used to buy all those expensive facial creams but coming back to nature feels so good.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by weakshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I use coconut oil more and more the more I learn about it. I bought a huge tub of it about two years ago because I heard it was really good for your hair, and my hair was quite damaged at the time and falling out. I still use it weekly as a hair mask pre-shower (often mixed with a bit of jojoba oil) and it makes my hair feel so soft and manageable. I used to have very frizzy, unruly hair that was always in-between wavy and curly, so it looked bushy. I cut my hair into a pixie last year and have been growing it out with extra care and using coconut oil and my hair is growing smooth and straight (I can't say the straightness has anything to do with the oil, but there are certainly no unruly frizzies or curly underlayers which I have always had).
I use coconut oil on my lips, mixed with salt and sugar for a body/lip scrub occasionally. I use it on my legs in the shower to get a closer shave - using it in the shower also helps your skin to retain the moisture and decrease drying time. I also use it in smoothies, oatmeal, and some recipes as it is very good for your health in small amounts.
Make sure to get the extra virgin coconut oil - it should smell mildly of coconut!
Please note that I have never used coconut oil on my face, as I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin, and do not wish to risk a reaction to the oil. I am also very careful when rinsing the oil out of my hair to avoid it running down my chest and back - again, to avoid breakouts and reactions. I know that coconut oil is said to be antibacterial and good for some people with acne, however I'm not sure that it's noncomedogenic and may therefore clog pores. Tread with caution when using on your face - you are better off with jojoba, grapeseed, or even extra virgin olive oil for your face, all of which are noncomedogenic and won't clog your pores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Coconut oil is used extensively in India for a variety of purposes and especially for hair. I am convinced that's why Indians have such good strong hair and are the largest exporters of hair in the world!

It is supposed to be an oil that absorbs easily and doesn't require a carrier oil. I remember as a teenager I had been applying Dettol cream on a spot (I tried everything) and in the cold winter season, the cream kind of solidified on my face and I couldn't get it off without a lot of pain! My wise grandmother suggested applying coconut oil and insisted it wouldn't break me out and she was right!

Now I use it for an oil massage - I generally heat it up and massage it into my scalp. Then I wash it off 3 hours later (some people use it overnight but I find that too messy). It boosts hair growth.

I would advise using the pure version and not the "premium" versions for hair that generally add ingredients to improve the smell. You're going to wash it off, so that's not required but you can add ingredients like amla (gooseberry) that are also good for hair.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to really like this stuff. Now I realize that it really isn't doing much for my hair. What it does do...is very temporary. I pretty much need to sleep with this in my hair every night in order get it just slightly more conditioned and moisturized. I don't think the hassle is worth the result.

Also, I used this as a face moisturizer for a while. At first it worked great. Then my face got extremely dry. I've never had dry skin on my face. Coconut oil is the only product that I have changed in my lineup for the past two years. So, I stopped using coconut oil and immediately my skin felt more moisturized.

So, I can't say that this product is altogether no good. When it comes to external use, I just think the minimal benefits are not worth the hassle.