October 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this seemed to be working a little but I could not stand the pain ... I am never allergic or sensitive to anything in the eye area - nothing bothers me - ever - except this! It was like someone throwing acid in my eyes. So, I can't say for sure how well it works - I never got that far with it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by peachface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I think it did condition my lashes a bit, I don't think it did anything else.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by sunshiine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lashes have always been thin, short and sparse because I wear a crap load of mascara, curl my eyelashes, and last year I would wear waterproof mascara EVERYDAY without a base. I had eyelash extensions put in for 2 weeks and took them out because whenever they fell out they'd take my real ones with them! I have a couple bare spots. I use this twice a day, once in the morning before I apply mascara and at night I put on a very thick coat. Whenever I curl my eyelashes one or two falls out..I thought this would help with that but it hasn't.
My bottom eyelashes are a bit longer, and on top I have a couple eyelashes that are significantly longer than the rest of my eyelashes..looks kind of odd though. I have stubs growing in (most likely just natural though). This is good for conditioning your eyelashes so they can grow to their full potential, but don't expect a huge difference, just healthier lashes.

Update: My bottom eyelashes are longer but there hasn't been any length changes with my top eyelashes :( Haven't noticed any thickening. Those long eyelashes on top have since fallen out. Note that I am using this in conjunction with Revitalash so that may be the reason for the significantly longer bottom eyelashes, but I've only been using Revitalash for 3 weeks and from the reviews it takes 6 weeks.

Also, the bottle is seriously unsanitary..I feel like I'm going to get styes and/or infections in my eyes because flakes of mascara have gotten in it. It's probably crawling with bacteria.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by tinamarie4685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've actually been using this product on and off for about a year now.... I have sparse brows and short lashes with some gaps in them... I do think this definitely helps strengthen the lashes and I always notice my lashes a tad longer after using this everyday for about 2 weeks... I notice this when I curl them and see the lashes go way above the lash curler when they're bending. What I don't like about this stuff, is that I only use it at night -- I've read a few other reviews on here, and I am in agreement, that for some reason while it is on, if you touch or rub your eyes or feel like you have an eyelash and gently pull on your lashes, a few will fall out much easier than without this stuff on... for this reason, I actually don't like using it as a base to mascara because I feel like more of my lashes fall out. I only use this at bedtime after I have washed my face and I hate how I wake up during the middle of the night and it has made my eyes all crusty... that makes me want to wipe the crustyness off my lids, which in turn makes a few lashes fall out.

I do think this stuff works, but you have to have to have extreme will power to not even touch your lashes or brows while this is on. I never go on missions to buy it, but if i see it at a good price at a local drugstore I will buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

I purchased 3 tubes of this from Drugstore.com due to the decent reviews it received here. I have previously used Talika Lipocils (eyebrow AND eyelash treatments), and Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash Treatment. The Talika did seem to help my eyelashes grow a little bit, but it stung my eyes so badly that I stopped using it altogether. The Jan Marini (I believe, anyway) is highly overrated. It costs way too much, and it didn't deliver the kind of results that it should for the price. My eyelashes did show some growth, but it came out uneven somehow, if that makes any sense. I have a few, maybe 3 or 4, SUPERLONG (like, alien-like long, haha) eyelashes at the very outer corner of my left eye which curve up at an odd angle, and I have a few in the middle of my left eye which are growing at a downwards angle, and do not curl when I use a curler and poke into my eye. My eyelashes were not like that before I used the Jan Marini. I started using Ardell approximately 5 days ago, and I can already see a difference. My eyelashes seem conditioned, and there was a patch in the middle of my right eye where the eyelashes were shorter than the rest. They are starting to "even out" with the rest of my lashes. They already look so much better, and healthy. At $3.99 a pop on Drugstore.com it is so worth it. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to take better care of their lashes, or wants to get them back to a nice healthy state. This stuff is a keeper for me. It does not burn my eyes, irritate my eyes or the skin around my eyes, it's cheap, and I believe that it does what it should. A+ EDIT: A few weeks later, I have come to realize just how GREAT this stuff is! My eyelashes are just perfect now, and it didn't take long to see results! I bought some tubes for my mom to try, also, and now she is hooked. I can't believe I wasted my money on Jan Marini and Talika. This is the best, and it's so cheap! Try it!! My eyelashes haven't looked this great in 10 years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by bethainy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On my second tube of this. I mainly use it for my brows and it works perfectly. It lasts all day and doesn't get all white and gross. Very natural looking. I used to use it as a base for my lashes, but I guess it was just too time consuming and I'm lazy. When I used it with my Full 'n Soft mascara, I remember seeing a definite improvement on overall thickness and length. Wonderful product, a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by westwoodbarbie

I LOVE this! I bought it completely on impulse just to see if it would work. After just a few weeks of using it I've noticed my eyelashes lengthen! I'm so happy, I've always had thin and short eye-lashes. This product hydrates my eyelashes to save them from the damage of my daily mascara use and I've actually noticed a dramatic improvement in the length and thickness of my lashes! I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by michellekbrown

I ended up purchasing this product for a mere 50 cents when it was on sale at Ulta after searching high and low for it everywhere else. For some odd reason, I had been losing lots of lashes in my right eye only and had some serious gaps that looked terrible, especially when I curled my lashes and attempted to put mascara on. I've used this every night for the last month or so, and seen a definite improvement in both the length and thickness of my lashes on both eyes. The gap from the lash loss is pretty much filled back in, and it makes my lashes feel really soft and conditioned. I haven't tried the more expensive lash growth treatments, so I can't compare this product to those, but for the price, I was very satisfied with the performance it gave me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by radblanc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this...Im not sure if my lashes grew at all..but my condition on my lashes has improved 100 per cent. Ny lashes are usually so brittle and dryl..from hi end and drug store mascara...they always feel crispy..even tho i thought i was moisturising them over the years. This stuff is pure gold in my eyes...and for 4 dollars it makes putting on mascara fun...just knowing my lashes wont break off or fall out as much. I hope i can always find it...its not the easiest to find.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Clouded00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i used this faithfully every night for 3 months on my eyebrows and lashes. no difference at all. that's all there is to say, really. lol