September 16, 2014 | 2058 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by knics33

I am just in LOVE with this perfume. It is so unique and after receiving a sample vial, I am absolutely sold! Keeping in tune with Angel, this is either a love or hate fragrance (really even more so than Angel is IMO), but when you love it- you REALLLLYYY love it! WIll DEF. be purchasing ASAP. I have a feeling that this will soon be one of my HG fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by ElizaLou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

hmmm i think it takes a few tries with Alien before you can really appreciate it, i think because its so strong it can scare some off.

It lasts for aaagggeeesss which i love, and I have had nothing but compliments from this perfume. Oh and the boyfriend goes crazy when i wear it ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by annabellegan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I agree with the general consensus that Alien smells like something akin to 80s-imbued mutant grapes. It's bald-facedly brazen, lewd and olfactorily garish. Therein lies its appeal; it smells like nothing I've smelled before (Alien, common-smelling?! You've gotta be shitting me!!!). Not a scent for the faint of heart, but I appreciate its intense yet free-spirited character. Kudos to the fact that Mugler dares to be defiantly different with this one. Ironically, its the men of impeccable taste (far too far and few!) that comment on how good Alien smells on me. ;)

p.s. I can't help BUT compare. For the record, I HATE Angel for all its plasticky vanilla grandeur.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by nanazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this and men always ask me what I'm wearing. Perfect for night.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

oh god, this is truly dreadful. this smells soooooo dated, it reminds me of bel biv devoe.

it conjures up the early 90's like none other. think poison. or spellbound. or even worse, elizabeth taylor's passion. the purple bottle says it all, really.

strong, rank, stuffy. vile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Halszka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wonderful smell! I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by juad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It smells like a synthetic scented green grape candy + a little hint of the air freshner "Forest". Eccentric alien. Cold. Not even romantic. Asocial and "radioactive" fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by BindiBengal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the strange scents out there. On my skin it turns to a medicinal, green, weird woody thing that is reminiscent of grape cough syryp. Very odd. The notes used in Alien are woody-ambers, florals, vanilla, green notes and orange blossom. If only it really smelled like all this on my skin, I'd be happy. The best thing about this fragrance is the packaging. I *adore* it! (it reminds me of the Vorlon encounter suits worn by Kosh on the sci-fi series Babylon 5, LOL). So unique.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised that something with the name Alien smells so boring and ordinary. It's saccharine sweet and totally bland to my nose. It's not bad, but with that exotic name and Thierry Mugler's great reputation I was expecting more. You'd think wearing Alien you'd smell different from everybody else out there, but in fact the opposite is true.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by shinyjem

First of all, the bottle is really beautiful. It looks like a faceted amethyst, and it's a beautiful deep purple colour. I always prefer perfumes that come in pretty bottles!

When you first spray this, it's really different. It's actually hard to describe the scent at first, sort of clean, warm and dry. It gets warmer and woodier after time, and smells fantastic. I wasn't sure whether I liked the scent at first, but once the top notes wore off I loved it.

Staying power is fantastic, and it's the sort of perfume that trails behind you, but not in an over-the-top way.

I probably wouldn't buy this again, but I'll definitely use the whole bottle.