October 21, 2014 | 1316 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 6:07:00 AM More reviews by lonestarlipstick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I AM ADDICTED!!

Everywhere I go, people ask me what I'm wearing....I always laugh and smile when replying, "Alien". They think I'm joking...then I have to explain that, "No, it really is a perfume!"

Since I have found Alien, I cannot imagine wearing another scent.

It works with my body chemistry and seriously, the name sort of suits my personality!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this, and honestly, it's just ok. Alien is a very sweet floral on me. I do smell the jasmine. A lot. It's extremely sweet, and mind you, I normally like sweet perfumes (Fracas, Juicy, Michael Kors, Nina, Coco Chanel), but on me, this one is sweet and sharp at the same time, almost hurts your throat, sharp. It does not soften or change into a creamy, rounded scent on me. It just stays sharp and sweet. I sprayed one good spritz on my wrist, smelled it, and when I sniffed it again later, it smelled the same. Alien does seem to have good sillage, though and lasting power is good. Every once in a while I'll notice the scent wafting up towards me and I'll remember what it is.
In my opinion, it's a little "loud" for me but that may be due to the sharpness. Though it's not as loud as some scents are. And it's softer than Angel, which I really don't like on me. I think me and Thierry Mugler just don't get along!
The bottle is interesting looking, I have to give them credit for the creative bottle design.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The vote was unanimous : boring, sweet, too strong, boring, sugary....you get the picture. I WISH i could smell this "unique", "not for everyone" "bold" scent but it is sooo mundane it hurts. I wanted to like this. The bottle is hideous but appeals to me anyway. I love the name. But it is so generic. Smells just like one of Anna suis frags. 2.5 lippies for not being awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by starjessicam

I'm a one-fragrance kind of girl, and this has been it since it debuted; I was formerly an Angel wearer, but haven't turned back. For some reason, this just works with my chemistry. Most cheap (celebrity-inspired) fragrances give me a headache, but Mugler fragrances are well-made and just smell good. 99% of people who notice say "you smell really good." I've only had one guy run and hide stating he is allergic to fragrance (he's hypersensitive in many respects and not my favorite person in the world!) The only issue is that I've become habituated to it and therefore cannot smell it as much as I once could. I can't even describe how it smells...except that it smells like me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by knics33

I am just in LOVE with this perfume. It is so unique and after receiving a sample vial, I am absolutely sold! Keeping in tune with Angel, this is either a love or hate fragrance (really even more so than Angel is IMO), but when you love it- you REALLLLYYY love it! WIll DEF. be purchasing ASAP. I have a feeling that this will soon be one of my HG fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by ElizaLou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

hmmm i think it takes a few tries with Alien before you can really appreciate it, i think because its so strong it can scare some off.

It lasts for aaagggeeesss which i love, and I have had nothing but compliments from this perfume. Oh and the boyfriend goes crazy when i wear it ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by annabellegan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I agree with the general consensus that Alien smells like something akin to 80s-imbued mutant grapes. It's bald-facedly brazen, lewd and olfactorily garish. Therein lies its appeal; it smells like nothing I've smelled before (Alien, common-smelling?! You've gotta be shitting me!!!). Not a scent for the faint of heart, but I appreciate its intense yet free-spirited character. Kudos to the fact that Mugler dares to be defiantly different with this one. Ironically, its the men of impeccable taste (far too far and few!) that comment on how good Alien smells on me. ;)

p.s. I can't help BUT compare. For the record, I HATE Angel for all its plasticky vanilla grandeur.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by nanazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this and men always ask me what I'm wearing. Perfect for night.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

oh god, this is truly dreadful. this smells soooooo dated, it reminds me of bel biv devoe.

it conjures up the early 90's like none other. think poison. or spellbound. or even worse, elizabeth taylor's passion. the purple bottle says it all, really.

strong, rank, stuffy. vile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Halszka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wonderful smell! I love it!