July 30, 2014 | 1978 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by nanazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this and men always ask me what I'm wearing. Perfect for night.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

oh god, this is truly dreadful. this smells soooooo dated, it reminds me of bel biv devoe.

it conjures up the early 90's like none other. think poison. or spellbound. or even worse, elizabeth taylor's passion. the purple bottle says it all, really.

strong, rank, stuffy. vile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Halszka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wonderful smell! I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by juad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It smells like a synthetic scented green grape candy + a little hint of the air freshner "Forest". Eccentric alien. Cold. Not even romantic. Asocial and "radioactive" fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by BindiBengal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the strange scents out there. On my skin it turns to a medicinal, green, weird woody thing that is reminiscent of grape cough syryp. Very odd. The notes used in Alien are woody-ambers, florals, vanilla, green notes and orange blossom. If only it really smelled like all this on my skin, I'd be happy. The best thing about this fragrance is the packaging. I *adore* it! (it reminds me of the Vorlon encounter suits worn by Kosh on the sci-fi series Babylon 5, LOL). So unique.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised that something with the name Alien smells so boring and ordinary. It's saccharine sweet and totally bland to my nose. It's not bad, but with that exotic name and Thierry Mugler's great reputation I was expecting more. You'd think wearing Alien you'd smell different from everybody else out there, but in fact the opposite is true.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by shinyjem

First of all, the bottle is really beautiful. It looks like a faceted amethyst, and it's a beautiful deep purple colour. I always prefer perfumes that come in pretty bottles!

When you first spray this, it's really different. It's actually hard to describe the scent at first, sort of clean, warm and dry. It gets warmer and woodier after time, and smells fantastic. I wasn't sure whether I liked the scent at first, but once the top notes wore off I loved it.

Staying power is fantastic, and it's the sort of perfume that trails behind you, but not in an over-the-top way.

I probably wouldn't buy this again, but I'll definitely use the whole bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by clatiolais

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Notes: Amber, woods, orange blossom, green notes and vanilla
Boyfriend: Hates it.
Perfume Obsessed Friends: Love it.
"Normal" friends: Don't hate it but don't like it either.
Lasting Power: Awesome
Comments while wearing:
"Whoa! I can't even taste my food anymore." - male friend
"You smell lovely!" - boss
Now Smell This (Robin) says: "It is not something I would wear, but I neither loved it nor hated it. I will say that it is more interesting than most of the designer releases this year."

Me? I would date it but I wouldn't marry it.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

Hatchie matchie! I've been curious about Alien for a few years now; never cared for Angel much but do love florientals a great deal, and recently got a chance to sniff this at a Sephora. Alien and I are a good match: we're both strange initially but mellow out once you get to know us. On initial application it does have an odd synthetic smell, but literally 10 minutes later it's a spicy, dry, creamy goodness which lasts subtly all day. So far it has not given me a) a migraine or b) a rash, despite the fact that 90% of the scents I love give me one or both, usually violently and usually nearly immediately. 5 stars, arresting, strange, and yet wonderful at the same time. Not for the classic floral/gourmand lover, but worth a try if you're at all curious. EDIT: I did in fact get the mini and while I still like the fragrance, I HATE the mini bottle: it's impossible to get the correct amount out, given the nature of the stopper. Ugh. At any rate, I still really love this perfume, although with the really hot and sticky weather here I'm going to reserve it for fall/special event use: it can feel cloying when the air around you is still and oppressive. This is such a unique scent - worlds away from Angel!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought that this was tad masculine on my skin, but it smelled good and you only need to use a bit. It is definitely not for me, and it is quite strong, but my nose can detect some kind of flower. Just not sure of what it is. If you can pull this off, it will definitely make a good fall or winter scent.