MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 4/3/2005 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is another one of MAC's excellent eyeshadows. It reminds me of Electra as they are both the Frost formulation; however Vex is silvery grey with a rainbow-y mother of pearl tint while Electra veers more towards silvery. Vex is also slightly sheer and I find that I have to put on a couple layers if I'm using it on the lid--as a highlighter to the brow bone you only need one layer. Great every-day shade that will work well on many skin tones. I have this e/s in the Snowgirl Eyesx11 palette (and I already used up my pot); I'll repurchase when the palette runs out.

on 3/28/2005 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand what is so great about this eyeshadow, except for nice texture. The color is blah, I don't detect any duochrome on my lids. Plain boring to me. Went straight for swap

on 3/22/2005 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Could there be a prettier shade? Vex has all the luminescence of mother-of-pearl. I have NC45 skin, and on me it looks shell pink most of the time, but pale shell greyish-green in certain lights. Unlike most pale shades it doesn't wash me out or look chalky, just glowy and gorgeous. It's absolutely beautiful, and the powder is smooth and blendable. I love this.

on 3/11/2005 4:00:00 PM

I wanted SOOO badly to like this color. It looked gorgeous on two friends and in the pan, but on me-YUCK. Dead, drab grey! Too bad! (NC35, dark brown eyes and hair).

on 3/8/2005 10:09:00 AM

I had heard such wonderful things that I picked this one up on hype alone. In the pan I was dubious, but once it was on I was sold. So far I use it mostly as a highlighter, but I especially love it with browns and greens. It has a lovely smooth texture and has a nice opalescent finish that reminds me of mother of pearl.

on 2/26/2005 8:09:00 PM

This is a great color which I love -- as everyone else said it's great for base, wash or highlight. The color reminds me of the inside of shells -- grayish greenish pinkish hologramish, LOL.

Very usable color you will use a lot!

on 2/10/2005 9:21:00 PM

This is the only shadow that I have ever hit pan on and had to replace. It's a very versatile shade that looks deceiving in the pot. It's a greeny pinky taupey color that can be used as a wash or a highlight color. I've used it with pinks, greens and browns all successfully.

on 2/5/2005 11:38:00 PM

This is one unique, sexy color! Pink flash gold flash beige flash gray....pretty neutral. Great as lid color for clubbing, or highlighter during day. One of my favorites!

on 2/5/2005 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This looks like a silvery-gray with greenish pink hues to it. It's actually harder to describe than I thought. It's my absolute favorite MAC eyeshadow! I'm a MMM/NC35 and this looks great on me. I can use this as a highlighter or an all over lid color and it just really brightens my eye area up. Definately a staple! I recommend you check it out. :)

on 1/30/2005 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is one of my HG eyeshadows!!! Can be used for day or night time. If I sleep too late in the morning, I can put this on and still look put together. Fab color!!!!!!