February 28, 2015 | 2012 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2005 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Surfbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is another one of MAC's excellent eyeshadows. It reminds me of Electra as they are both the Frost formulation; however Vex is silvery grey with a rainbow-y mother of pearl tint while Electra veers more towards silvery. Vex is also slightly sheer and I find that I have to put on a couple layers if I'm using it on the lid--as a highlighter to the brow bone you only need one layer. Great every-day shade that will work well on many skin tones. I have this e/s in the Snowgirl Eyesx11 palette (and I already used up my pot); I'll repurchase when the palette runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2005 6:24:00 AM More reviews by farah79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand what is so great about this eyeshadow, except for nice texture. The color is blah, I don't detect any duochrome on my lids. Plain boring to me. Went straight for swap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 6:52:00 PM More reviews by kavi484

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Could there be a prettier shade? Vex has all the luminescence of mother-of-pearl. I have NC45 skin, and on me it looks shell pink most of the time, but pale shell greyish-green in certain lights. Unlike most pale shades it doesn't wash me out or look chalky, just glowy and gorgeous. It's absolutely beautiful, and the powder is smooth and blendable. I love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2005 4:00:00 PM More reviews by spollie

I wanted SOOO badly to like this color. It looked gorgeous on two friends and in the pan, but on me-YUCK. Dead, drab grey! Too bad! (NC35, dark brown eyes and hair).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 10:09:00 AM More reviews by omly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had heard such wonderful things that I picked this one up on hype alone. In the pan I was dubious, but once it was on I was sold. So far I use it mostly as a highlighter, but I especially love it with browns and greens. It has a lovely smooth texture and has a nice opalescent finish that reminds me of mother of pearl.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2005 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Gingeramma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great color which I love -- as everyone else said it's great for base, wash or highlight. The color reminds me of the inside of shells -- grayish greenish pinkish hologramish, LOL.

Very usable color you will use a lot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2005 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Jaxappella

This is the only shadow that I have ever hit pan on and had to replace. It's a very versatile shade that looks deceiving in the pot. It's a greeny pinky taupey color that can be used as a wash or a highlight color. I've used it with pinks, greens and browns all successfully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2005 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Kalamity10

This is one unique, sexy color! Pink flash gold flash beige flash gray....pretty neutral. Great as lid color for clubbing, or highlighter during day. One of my favorites!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2005 12:46:00 AM More reviews by celodie

This looks like a silvery-gray with greenish pink hues to it. It's actually harder to describe than I thought. It's my absolute favorite MAC eyeshadow! I'm a MMM/NC35 and this looks great on me. I can use this as a highlighter or an all over lid color and it just really brightens my eye area up. Definately a staple! I recommend you check it out. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2005 2:31:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my HG eyeshadows!!! Can be used for day or night time. If I sleep too late in the morning, I can put this on and still look put together. Fab color!!!!!!