MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

Like some others have said, I wanted really badly to like this product because it had lots of hype behind it. I have fair skin and blue-green eyes, and this eyeshadow just looks grey on me...not a bad thing, but I expected it to be a lot more pink or green. I don't hate this one, but I'm not sure what other colors to mix this with to make it look good.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a colour that I love for my kit, but not on me personally. I am NC35 olive/yellow undertones and on me, this looks so pale and ashy. It does nothing for my skin tone or my eye colour. I really have to work this into other greens/pinks to get it to look pretty. That being said, I have seen this look gorgeous on some people. It is a pale silvery-grey with a green-pink duochrome. On the right skintone, the duo chrome really shows up and gives a pretty pink-green combo. I think if you're fair or just have a lot of different eyeshadows to play around with, you'll like this. This is something I would repurchase for professional (not personal) use. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is another one of MAC's excellent eyeshadows. It reminds me of Electra as they are both the Frost formulation; however Vex is silvery grey with a rainbow-y mother of pearl tint while Electra veers more towards silvery. Vex is also slightly sheer and I find that I have to put on a couple layers if I'm using it on the lid--as a highlighter to the brow bone you only need one layer. Great every-day shade that will work well on many skin tones. I have this e/s in the Snowgirl Eyesx11 palette (and I already used up my pot); I'll repurchase when the palette runs out.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand what is so great about this eyeshadow, except for nice texture. The color is blah, I don't detect any duochrome on my lids. Plain boring to me. Went straight for swap

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Could there be a prettier shade? Vex has all the luminescence of mother-of-pearl. I have NC45 skin, and on me it looks shell pink most of the time, but pale shell greyish-green in certain lights. Unlike most pale shades it doesn't wash me out or look chalky, just glowy and gorgeous. It's absolutely beautiful, and the powder is smooth and blendable. I love this.

I wanted SOOO badly to like this color. It looked gorgeous on two friends and in the pan, but on me-YUCK. Dead, drab grey! Too bad! (NC35, dark brown eyes and hair).

I had heard such wonderful things that I picked this one up on hype alone. In the pan I was dubious, but once it was on I was sold. So far I use it mostly as a highlighter, but I especially love it with browns and greens. It has a lovely smooth texture and has a nice opalescent finish that reminds me of mother of pearl.

This is a great color which I love -- as everyone else said it's great for base, wash or highlight. The color reminds me of the inside of shells -- grayish greenish pinkish hologramish, LOL.

Very usable color you will use a lot!

This is the only shadow that I have ever hit pan on and had to replace. It's a very versatile shade that looks deceiving in the pot. It's a greeny pinky taupey color that can be used as a wash or a highlight color. I've used it with pinks, greens and browns all successfully.

This is one unique, sexy color! Pink flash gold flash beige flash gray....pretty neutral. Great as lid color for clubbing, or highlighter during day. One of my favorites!

Top Rated MAC Products