July 28, 2014 | 1212 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Mysticrhythm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to be one of the negative reviews here, since this power seems pretty well-loved by others here. I really hoped this would work for me, as I'd love to pay as little money as possible for the best possible product, you know? I have a very oily t zone and dry checks, with pretty normal skin elsewhere. I use Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation and tried this as a setting powder over it, and immediately it made my face feel itchy and like it was being stretched, it was an odd feeling. I don't know if maybe my chemistry just doesn't like it, I didn't break out or get a rash or anything like that, it just felt so weird on and the itchiness was annoying. It made me feel like I was wearing a mask. It looked pretty good on, but it didn't control my oily t zone for more than a few hours and got a tiny bit cakey there. It didn't oxidize though, which is nice. Also, not impressed with the packaging, I feel it needs a more secure lid.

I took it back the next day and tried Estée Lauder's matte pressed powder, which so far I love. This may work for a lot of people, it just didn't agree with my skin. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

I do really like this powder! I think it is a drugstore dupe for MAC MSFN! It comes in a packaging that I do not appreciated. But the quality of the product is really really good! Smooth, light and flawless on your skin. But sometimes it would feel powdery on my skin, depends on my face condition. But I still think it is a great powder and I will definitely purchase this again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by hmllr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Its very light and super cheap! This is good for 'lazy days'! But wish the packaging would not be so fragile though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by anbaking123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is okay and I'll use it until it finishes, but it does not keep my skin matte that long. After about 3 or so hours, I can see oil starting to break through around my t zone. It does work well until that though, so it does get some points for that. It was not too expensive either. The packaging is ok, but the lid could come off easily sometimes. Overall, its a good powder for someone who is not that oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Summerjess21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder is nice, it gives light coverage, and a matte look. Looks really good when you apply it, but it usually doesnt last very long before I have to touch up. It does slightly cake up when I do touch up. I think its better at setting makeup than blotting oil during the day. But its a decent inexpensive powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by alizogub

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

this is one of my favourite powders, i can apply it with a sponge, puff or brush and get a great result. i use it mostly to set my makeup, though i also use it to add a little colour to my face. i also find this powder good to wear just by itself for a light coverage, it doesn't cover much but gives my face some colour on those days when i don't want to put a whole layer of foundation.

I have bought around 5 or so of these powders and haven't gotten sick of them, nor have i found a better one. there also not that expensive in which i love with them being around $10 when its on special, they are light, so if you're looking for a harsh, full coverage powder this probably isnt for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MrsBorrero

This is a wonderful product. I decided to purchase this product per recommendations on YouTube and the rave reviews it got. Let me tell you it's worth the hype! This powder sets foundation beautifully. It does exactly what the title says, it keeps your face matte and fresh looking all day. I like that it's so light weight on the skin because of how finely milled it is. So it never makes your face look cakey. I own mine in translucent as I don't want any extra coverage, even though it does have a slight color to it but it's barely noticable once it sets in the skin. It does however come in a variety of shades if you're looking for that. I also get oily in my t-zone so that's were I focus the product. It has a nice scent to it which is nice. Also the price is amazing for the quality you get from this product. I would pay double, even triple what it cost. It varies from store to store where I live but ive never seen the price go past $5.00 at my local drugstore.
The only cons I will mention is the packaging and how delicate it can be. The top doesn't screw on all the way so it's very easy for it to come off, which can be a hassle for traveling. I wish it snapped shut or at least screwed on all the way.
Also DO NOT drop this thing! It will shatter because the packaging is just not that durable.
Otherwise I would buy this again and again. It's my go to setting powder and it hasn't let me down yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of all the reviews, I have the lightest shade. It has no color pay off as I was curious and swiped some powder on my cheek. I don't think this is a great powder to keep shine away. It is a great setting powder though. Very affordable. It doesn't oxidize which is a great benefit to the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lilylovesya

this is my HOLY GRAIL powder. i have tried high end brands, like estee lauder and bobbi brown, and this powder is 100% better! i have acne and and combination/dry skin, this product keeps me shine free and DOESNT break me out. a great bargain, however the packaging is annoying cause for touch ups u need a separate mirror and sometimes the lid is hard to take off. in the long run, the packaging doesnt matter, it the product. you get 14 grams of product which will last u ages. highly recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rimmel Stay Matte powder gently blends on to your face. I see many have reviewed this for their oily skin. I found this to be just perfect for my dry combo skin. For the price the quality is astounding. $3.00. Don't let the price fool you this is a splendid fine milled powder that does stop some shine. I am not truly sure this is for the overly greasy. This is ideal for normal skin. I think it might cake up or even change colors or anyone with serious oil issues. If you are looking for a powder to stop your oil you may be be sorely disappointed.

I found the transparent to be the best for me but I did invest in Sandstorm and Natural. I still prefer the transparent as I think the shade selection is weak. There are not enough darker colors or even olive toned colors for thousands of users.

Rimmel Stay Matte powder does not oxidize the way many powders do. Well, let me say I am not overly oily. And I tried the transparent first and found this did not change color. Oil producing faces might react and oxidize with the other shades. But for $3.00 it is worth a shot. My skin is on the dry to normal side, with that said it did not change color on me. I used this to touch up my makeup and three hours later I looked as perfect as when I put it on. I love that in product. Trust! Is what I want in a poweder. I want my face to look great 3 hours later, no orange tinges or cake feel or patchiness. I am amazed that I could find such an inexpensive treasure at a drug store. If I was doing a blind test today on four different pressed powders. I could not tell the difference between Stillas sheer pressed $28, Tarte T-Zone $32, MAC blot pressed powder $25, or this little treasure Rimmel Stay Matte for only $5.79. I am simply astonished.