April 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This feels and smells really good, but after about five minutes your lips feel dry again. I think it's because of the peppermint oil, which is an irritant. I'd give this a pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by nomoreagingforme

Definitely a big burts beezwax lip balm fan. I have used this ever since I can remember because I always hated CARMEX as a kid because it was soo sticky and smells bad to me.

Burts lip balm is great especially when I am visiting the snow or during the winter time. Honestly it if good enough to use on your knuckles if they are overly chapped.

It goes on and has good texture but isn't too thick to the point where it's uncomfortable. I definitely enjoy this product and it has great value.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont really like this product, but I always have it around as something to fall back on.

The first few times you use it (Ive been on and off with this stuff for years), it makes you think its the absolute best thing you have ever put on your lips. Then, once you start using it all the time, you notice that it makes your seemingly smooth lips flake about? It feels like the stuff just compounds on your mouth, instead of actually absorbing and moisturizing. Once it just sits there for a while, it just starts flaking out and is nasty.

This product is also completely useless in the winter if you get seriously dried out and chapped lips. Like I said, it just sits there! If your lips are super chapped already, it just makes everything look 10000 times worse. If you are looking for a real cure for seriously chapped lips, I would suggest Neosporin Lip Health, or even Baby Lips

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by kenzie14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a chapstick lover. I'm almost always wearing something on my lips. I have a bunch of chapstick tubes scattered all around my house. Burts Bees is my absolute favorite. It's amazing. If I get dry lips (happens often in winter here), it makes them soft and awesome feeling pretty dang quick. Within an hour. I get VERY dry lips when I'm outside without something protecting them. Bleeding, scaly, disgusting lips. Most other stuff usually takes a day or so to make my lips feel smooth again. It also feels really good. I generally dislike minty things (including other minty lip stuff), so I'm not sure why I really like the taste and feel of this. It's mild, but still a tiny bit tingly.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One thing I really like about Burts Beez Wax is that it is all natural ( I know this because Whole Foods dosen't carry anything that isn't 100% natural and they have this on the shelves)

That being said, I feel more comfortable putting this on my lips knowing that there aren't some wild chemicals that I am putting in my system everytime I put on my lip balm.

Regarding effectiveness, it worked reasonably well. The taste and texture is nice, a lot more reasonable than carmax. It is a decent product, nothing special in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this; I find it to be pretty inexpensive compared to what I've seen at Sephora, lasts long and isn't fussy. I don't have a huge chapped lip problem (although I do have very dry skin) so it does the trick. If you have specific issues or needs you may need something more hardcore.

Only cons - the label peels off easily and gets all dirty-ish where the sticker was. I just end up peeling it off completely. Also, i agree with what someone else said about it not being a good base for lipstick... Too waxy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I absolutely do not see the hype. Burt's Bees is really expensive for a drugstore brand but my mother is in love with Burt's Bees. Okay lip balm honestly, nothing special except the minty cooling effect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay. I use this at night, it does it's job and makes my lips smell minty. I hate how hard it is though, I feel like I have to really push and drag it across my lips several times before I feel like I have enough on. Thankfully I didn't have to pay for this, I got it as a gift with some other burt's bees products. Won't purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by EverLuna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is a really nice product with mostly natural ingredients. But, I cannot use it... I wish I could. Unfortunately ,there is peppermint oil in it and my lips are sensitive. The balm would have been great for me without the peppermint. I liked how it wasn't too sticky and mattifying.

I was using the product in the winter and didn't think the peppermint oil was the culprit. Since it was Canadian winter, I just thought my lips were getting dry from the weather. One day I misplaced the lip balm, so I got a another one (brand). My lips changed...for the better. Then I found the lost lip balm, started using it again and my lips began to chapped terribly. That is when I began to realise what was happening. I immediately stopped using it and my lips got better.

Other users will like it, but it's not for me. I will continue to use Burt's Bees products but certainly not this balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Currently on the second stick, best lip balm for me so far. It leaves a slight minty taste & smell after application. It helps to moisture the lips well, without making it feel super dry after the layer you've applied went off. As for the price it's kind of on the high end at where I am living at, where lip balms can be easily picked up at drugstores for one third of burt's bee lip balm price.