December 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This seems more like a rose gold color than anything else, maybe even a little bronze in it. However I swatched it on my hand when I bought it and after I had and put it on my eyes it seemed way more brown, so I was disappointed. Also like I said in my review for femme-fi, the staying power was really nonexistent--it creased on my eye within the hour despite having an e/s base, and the color was too sheer for my liking. That said, the other reviews seem pretty positive so I guess it would be worth a shot. MAC is reasonably priced, and the packaging is super cute. I cant help but love the concept of the neo sci-fi collection, even if nothing in it worked out for me. Edit: Ive decided to keep it after discovering that it shows up as a true warm pink on my NW 25 ish skin if (and only if) I use the shadestick in beiging under--and it sticks on my skin with beiging as well. So I will keep (And up the rating one lippie :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by abbazabba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The name of this product is deceiving because the color is actually more peach color than it is pink. It's a pretty, soft and creamy texture and is very shimmery goldish as well. It's a great summer/spring essential because the color is beautiful

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by wandabee

This was the first MAC eyeshadow that I bought, and was really the deciding factor in my buying more of their products :) Like all veluxe pearl shadows, it is so wonderfully smooth to apply, and the color payoff is AMAZING. The color is somewhat peachy/coral (as opposed to straight pink) with a golden sheen, which is a very flattering combination. Although this eyeshadow can be used alone, I find it best to be paired with a bit of a crease contrast color, just to add a bit more depth. I will most definitely buy this shade again, simply because it really brings out my brown/hazel eyes so well and is so easy to apply!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I have pale porcelain skin, brown eyes, and black hair for ref.

I've always been afraid to buy pink and orange shades (or anything with red tones) cuz it gives me the red-eyed look, but Expensive Pink does not and actually helps to bring out my eyes I find. When you look at it in the pan, it's like a light coral colour with a gold sheen, and when applied onto the lids, the gold sheen does not show up, so it's a pure shimmery light coral colour on me.
The texture is amazing as with all Veluxe Pearls. Great spreadibility, soft, creamy, very blendable.
I love to wear it with Smut and the new Solar Bits in Black Ore on top in the outter corners! The effect is GORGEOUS! lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ashariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this shadow as a repromotion in the Neo Sci-Fi collection, and I'm loving it so far. The finish of this shadow is fabulous, and the double colored look it gives when applied really gives a lot of pop to the eye without it being too obvious. I use this color mostly as a lid cover, with something a little darker in the crease for contour.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by d0sam1

Looooove this e/s. definitely an all season color but would look gorgeous in the summer. its more on the peachy coral side than the pink side. this color reminds me alot of mythology (which has a lot of glitter fallout) so if u love mythology and would prefer less glitter this color is a MUST! sooo beautiful as an all over color! =]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I'm all about MAC's veluxe pearl shadows these days and this color is one of my favorites. First I'll quickly mention why I love the veluxe pearl formula so much: It's smooth and shimmery, without being too frostly. The pigmentation is amazing and it's easily buildable and blendable. Now for the actual color: I'm NC30 with light brown eyes and brown (often highlighted) hair. Expensive Pink looks amazing on me. I use it as a crease color and love it most paired with All That Glitters, or Woodwinked. I can't wait to try it with Sumptious Olive as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a very interesting colour. As everyone else said, it's more peachy/coral with a hint of medium pink and golden/copper flecks. As I am quite fair, I cannot use it as an all over the lid colour but it looks great as a crease colour on top of Mac's perky paintpot ( Fafi collection), although a dark eyeliner is needed as well to avoid the "red eyes" look. Overall, a nice and edgy addition to my MU collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I have pale Asian skin which is neither too yellow nor too blue/pink. This mid-tone pink has goldish undertones (the picture on the website makes it look lighter than it really is). It's a very pretty color and with a good sheen that is not tacky. Goes well with my dark browns or by itself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

texture =amazing. color is really pretty too, but I like to stick to my neutrals and pick me up shades.