April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2005 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this perfume!!! :) Once the alcohol goes away it leaves a soft, semi-spicy, floral fragrance that lasts quite a while. I will definetly buy this one again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2005 12:43:00 PM More reviews by monterey_lady

This and Hypnotic Poison are the only Poisons I like. I never cared much for the original.

Just wanted to address the fertility question in a review below.
Christian Dior's Poison fragrances contained phthalates, as did every other fragrance tested in the study that raised the alarm about pthalates. Poison just happened to be one of the ones tested, so its name got some bad publicity, along with Chanel 5 and a few others. I think they were probably chosen to be tested just because they are so popular.
I found this link that explains the whole controversy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2005 10:17:00 AM More reviews by kalipriestess

I somehow ended up with a sample spray of this and fell in love. I've tried so many fragrances, from drugstore to boutique/niche, and this is a unique one. I'm addicted to it! On me, it's a "clean" smelling floral without being sharp or soapy and yet it also manages to be warm. It's not at all cloying or overpowering (and being headache-prone in general, there are scents that push me over that edge). And it has this absolutely beautiful note that becomes more dominant at drydown, that I assume is ambergris. It's similar to amber, but I don't know how to describe the difference except to say that to me, it's the part that is addicting. Pure poison is feminine, alluring, as well as comforting. I actually don't sleep well unless I'm wearing perfume (the fault of all you MUAer's who gave me the idea!) and this is an ideal bedtime fragrance for me. It lasts so long that I can still smell it quite well in the morning. Now that I've bought a bottle (great deal on eBay), I can't imagine ever being without it! (And I love the bottle, so delicate!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2005 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

Wow!My dad's girlfriend bought this and when i did spray it over myself it smelled sooo Good!Can't figure it out what it is!At first it did smell something and then it smells something else.Will buy the smallest bottle and have it when i wanna feel special.I have so many other parfumes.I really like this sweet bottle(can't understand why some don't like it).I read in a magazine that if you wear this you can't have children.
Now i am a little afraid to not could have children.Is it true?
BTW its a great fragrance!It's unique,sexy,sensual,exotic,soft and very sweet.
I would not wear it as a daytime scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2005 1:52:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely not a fragrance for the daytime. It is rich and can be overpowering. The fragrance lasts a really long time, so you only need a litte bit of this. It is not fruity at all. I would call it a sweet musk scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2005 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Jakquetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I am VERY picky with perfumes and this I loved at the first whiff! It's expensive (it IS Dior after all) but it smells heavenly. It's very flowery, reminds me of ylang-ylang and sampaguitas. The bottle design I like very much as well. It's worth around $60 for 30 ml.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2005 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Simply_beautiful

I was 100% sure that I would never find any perfume which I would love as much as my favourite Dior Addict.. But Dior has made it again! When i first tried Pure Poison on I thought it smelled like some kind of medicine... I took a sample home and I wore it for a night out.. Then I realised that this perfume really worked!; i got compliments from everyone! Then I knew I had to buy a bottle. I got the 100ml bottle - i always use lots of perfume. This one is EDP so it lasts for long. It is a bit pricey but nevermind... The bottle is nice, could be a bit better. But these are small details compered to the result!I recently bought the matching body lotion so I now use less of the perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 10:46:00 AM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Got this as a sample in December, tried it, and found it smelling like the soap you can find in the mens' room....bad! I got so terrified that I couldn't wash it off fast enough.
Tried it again this summer because I forgot to take my own perfume with me while visiting a friend, and felt naked without a fragrance on. Didn't remember that this was the really bad-incident fragrance until it was sprayed on.
Wow, This time I just couldn't figure out where that beautiful, summery, warm, memory-filled scent came from. It surely couldn't be the Pure Poison from the mens' room?
To my surprize, it was. What had happened with my bodychemistry since December?
I still don't know, but this summer I have been wearing this fragrance occasionally when I could get a hand on a sample or something - I'm still not sure that the beautiful scent is really Pure Poison.

Now, I'm considering purchasing it because it is a great summer fragrance on me. It smells soft, warm, coconut/vanilla/almond/gardenia-ish and reminds me of childhood holidays with my parents on the Canary Islands with suntan lotion, sand, and sea.
Maybe it's just me - but on me it is really good. I don't think I have smelled this scent on other women, and I still haven't received any complaints wether male or female.
I have heard a lot of women who can't wear this though....

Getting several samples before purchasing just might be an idea!
Update: It's mine! Finally this wonderful fragrance is mine, and I love it. More than one year after the first time I tried it, it still smells of suntan lotion, sand, sunshine, and holidays at the beach, but I don't care if anybody else likes it or not. This fragrance I purely wear for myself, not for anybody else. UPDATE: I have recently detected that other women are wearing it too, but I have to admit that Pure Poison very often smell artificial and sharp on them, and not good at all. It doesn't on me, and I get compliments from men and women while wearing it. Good chemistry for this scent, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2005 8:13:00 AM More reviews by waddley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The bottle is purdy. The fragrance reminds me of something animal. Think sexy wild girl who grew up amongst wolves in a dark forest.
It smells of sinister fruit, if that means anything to you. By that I mean there is definitely something fruity about it, but almost an over-ripe, cloying type of fruit.
It lingers, it's sensual, it is not sharp-edged like many other strong scents I've smelled.
Problem is, everybody else, including my boyfriend loathes it. What's a girl to do?

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by jen415

Since I usually adore (no pun intended) Dior's fragrances, I figured I'd love this one too. However, beside the as usual adorableness of the packaging, I found the fragrance itself to be too sweet and "cloying". It has something in it that I cannot put my finger on that my nose just does not agree with. Try it out, though, it may be for you... just wasnt for me.