October 30, 2014 | 1754 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2005 9:12:00 AM More reviews by gracerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't really care for this when it first came out last year. I thought it would be ordinary even though the bottle is very pretty. Well, as it turns out, I got a gift set with the body lotion and shower gel for Christmas last year and it's definitely grown on me. Every time I wear it, I get compliments. It is very feminine and "clean" without being overly so. It has a sharpness at first spray but dries down to a beautiful, softer scent. I also wear the original Poison (once in a blue moon) and Hypnotic Poison - Hypnotic is still my favourite of the 3, but all in all, I'm happy with Pure Poison.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2005 11:53:00 PM More reviews by portman57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never thought I would like any of the Poison perfumes, but this one was wonderful on me. I am not sure how to explain the scent, but it's very long lasting and rich.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2005 9:11:00 PM More reviews by liltweekstar

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Among all the great smelling perfume that I've sniffed or have, this is the one that I will buy again. It kind of reminded me of Elizabeth Arden's Red Door.. but hey, the packaging is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok! I must be the worlds most difficult person and every SA's nightmare when I'm out shopping for a perfume! Let me just say I have bought Pure Poison 4 times already!!!!!!! And I NEVER do that! I love it!!!!!!!! It smells absolutely gorgeous, warm and seductive!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2005 11:03:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPanda

My cousin gave me a full bottle of this. She said she can't stand the smell of it. My mom smelled it, and she hates it.

To me it's a licorice vanilla scent. It goes on VERY strong. I can only squirt it once, maybe twice or else it's too strong. I wore this out one night, took a shower the morning after and I could still smell it.

This is a love/hate fragrance. Since being pregnant, some of my beloved perfumes have become nauseating like my Bendel Vanilla Flower. This is one of the few I can tolerate now.

I love the apple shaped bottle. I actually dropped it on my hard floor, and it didnt break at all. Which is good for clumsy me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 1:56:00 PM More reviews by HelenVanPattersonPatton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pure Poison is one of those fragrances that I just know smells great on other women, but on me it's cloying and sweet in a very synthetic way. When it dries down on my skin it smells similar to Iris Nobile--only stronger and sweeter. It's a lovely scent, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2005 3:47:00 AM More reviews by samsara8369

I love how Pure Poison smells like - the combination of lily of the valley and gardenia to me. It's sweet, ultra soft, extremly feminine. I love the smell on me and it makes me feel like i'm a "woman" when i wear Pure Poison. Also the interesting part it is the only scent which makes me think of my mom, even at the very first time i tried it on. I had a miniature with me, the bottle is lovely, I figured that she would love this scent and i asked her to try it on, she is pretty ignorant and not interested in perfume stuff, but she instantly said she loves it. i'm sure i'm going to buy the regular size later. One for me and one for my mom. When i am not in China. I can put it on and think of her and her love for me.

To me Pure Poison is how a good and dandy woman should smells like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2005 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this perfume!!! :) Once the alcohol goes away it leaves a soft, semi-spicy, floral fragrance that lasts quite a while. I will definetly buy this one again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2005 12:43:00 PM More reviews by monterey_lady

This and Hypnotic Poison are the only Poisons I like. I never cared much for the original.

Just wanted to address the fertility question in a review below.
Christian Dior's Poison fragrances contained phthalates, as did every other fragrance tested in the study that raised the alarm about pthalates. Poison just happened to be one of the ones tested, so its name got some bad publicity, along with Chanel 5 and a few others. I think they were probably chosen to be tested just because they are so popular.
I found this link that explains the whole controversy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2005 10:17:00 AM More reviews by kalipriestess

I somehow ended up with a sample spray of this and fell in love. I've tried so many fragrances, from drugstore to boutique/niche, and this is a unique one. I'm addicted to it! On me, it's a "clean" smelling floral without being sharp or soapy and yet it also manages to be warm. It's not at all cloying or overpowering (and being headache-prone in general, there are scents that push me over that edge). And it has this absolutely beautiful note that becomes more dominant at drydown, that I assume is ambergris. It's similar to amber, but I don't know how to describe the difference except to say that to me, it's the part that is addicting. Pure poison is feminine, alluring, as well as comforting. I actually don't sleep well unless I'm wearing perfume (the fault of all you MUAer's who gave me the idea!) and this is an ideal bedtime fragrance for me. It lasts so long that I can still smell it quite well in the morning. Now that I've bought a bottle (great deal on eBay), I can't imagine ever being without it! (And I love the bottle, so delicate!)