Dior Pure Poison

3.7

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really like this fragrance and I do agree with a lot of the reviewers that it's one of the better poision fragrances. This one is a lot gentler and not as strong. I disagree with a lot of places categorizing this as an oriental floral and I would just say that it's a floral.

This perfume is one of the best.
Its sexy and seductive and dries down to a lovely warm subtle scent.
It comes in a nice apple shaped bottle, which is rather appropriate given the symbolism.
This perfume is a pillar in my fragrance collection

My aunt gave it to me as a present. Well, she hasn't seen me for a while... Pure Poison is not me, I prefer Mitsouko, Calèche, Les Nuits d'Hadrien or Allure, sometimes Nu or Prada. Pure Poison is nice if you want to play safe and I guess it must be appealing to many women. I think, it's a bit shallow. The bottle is quite nice, although it looks a bit like plastic. Nothing I would buy for myself, but I put it on occasionally, sometimes I use it as a deodorant.

As someone else said, this is the only poison I like and I'd buy. I don't find it smells clean (I hate that in perfumes, if you want that just use soap, why waste money on dior) but rather florally deep let's say, and I find it more suitable for nightclubbing than work.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Pure Poison is soapy neroli-orange blossom, grape candy, sparkling, peppery, sharp, detergenty clean. Some musk and sandalwood in there too, giving Pure Poison an oriental feel. A raunchy cheap edge at the beginning that gets stunningly clean later. Dramatic sillage on me, lasts well. Reminds me a lot of TF Neroli Portofino, but lighter and sharper.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this perfume! But unfortunately it doesn't stay too long; at least on me it seems to vanish in minutes!!! Does this happen to anyone else??!! the only con I find is the shape of the bottle: totally unsuitable to bring on your bag!
Up-date: i'm begining to hate it...

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I didn't really care for this when it first came out last year. I thought it would be ordinary even though the bottle is very pretty. Well, as it turns out, I got a gift set with the body lotion and shower gel for Christmas last year and it's definitely grown on me. Every time I wear it, I get compliments. It is very feminine and "clean" without being overly so. It has a sharpness at first spray but dries down to a beautiful, softer scent. I also wear the original Poison (once in a blue moon) and Hypnotic Poison - Hypnotic is still my favourite of the 3, but all in all, I'm happy with Pure Poison.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Never thought I would like any of the Poison perfumes, but this one was wonderful on me. I am not sure how to explain the scent, but it's very long lasting and rich.

Among all the great smelling perfume that I've sniffed or have, this is the one that I will buy again. It kind of reminded me of Elizabeth Arden's Red Door.. but hey, the packaging is pretty.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok! I must be the worlds most difficult person and every SA's nightmare when I'm out shopping for a perfume! Let me just say I have bought Pure Poison 4 times already!!!!!!! And I NEVER do that! I love it!!!!!!!! It smells absolutely gorgeous, warm and seductive!

Popular Fragrances