Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/17/2014 10:24:00 AM

Gets the job done, but I don't think it's anything special. My drugstore primers work just as well.

on 7/13/2014 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My second tube, I love this stuff. Its not watery like a lot of other primers and does not move at all.
It dries down fairly quick, also.

What else can I say? This stuff simply does what it claims, lol!

on 7/12/2014 3:20:00 AM

Very good primer but I hate the consistency of it! If you use too much or don't apply it correctly (patting works better) you can make a mess. Although the eyeshadows last hours perfectly I probably won't purchase the full size (I have a few samples) because of the weird consistency. I prefer the NARS one or Benefit's Stay don't stray (more "liquidy" as opposed to the silicone feeling).

(I'm sorry if I made any mistakes, English is not my main language)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this stuff works wonders with my eyes. i always have dark circles and with this product they have lightened and i actually look like i get some sleep.

Have used this product as I got it with my Naked 1 palette. It was really bad as I probably used too much, caused flaking and emphasized my fine lines that were non-existent without makeup.

However, decided to give this a try again later on by purchasing the full sized. Indeed my eyeshadow lasts longer when I use lesser product. Doesn't flake as bad.

But I do prefer the Nars pro prime - because Lisa Eldrige uses it!!!

on 7/7/2014 11:16:00 AM

I don't wear eyeshadow, only eyeliner, so my review is solely directed to whether UDPP can stop my eyeliner from smudging and ending up under my eyes. Thus, I can't speak to the eyeshadow enhancing capabilities of this primer.

The packaging is a purple squeeze tube and it's easy to control how much product is dispensed at a time, so long as you're careful about squeezing out a small amount. The cap is annoying, though. I felt like it took forever to unscrew it and screw it back on. You get a lot of product, considering you only need a tiny dot for both eyes. One tube would probably last a really long time, assuming it doesn't dry out.

The formulation is pretty thick and dry. The first time I used it, I put too much on and it accentuated the fine lines around my eyes. Even after using less, it was really hard to blend and primer bits accumulated near the lash line. UDPP contains parabens and I really didn't feel comfortable getting this in my eyes, though I didn't experience any eye irritation. Eyeliner didn't go on smoothly either - I experienced some tugging.

And by 6h, I saw some smudging underneath my eyes. It got worse as time went by. I had to use makeup remover to get rid of the panda eyes at 10h. By 14h, full-on panda eyes. This clearly didn't work for me.

on 7/5/2014 3:52:00 PM

I received a sample from this through my VIB rewards at Sephora and despite not having huge hopes for it, I can't imagine doing without it now! It's by far, the best primer I've ever used. I have oily eye lids and had basically resigned myself to never having my eye shadow last until I tried this. It is fantastic. It seriously lasts until you decide to wash it off. I've never used anything like it. Definitely worth every penny and a small amount goes a long way.

on 7/3/2014 1:08:00 AM

New HG eyeshadow primer! This really lives up to the hype; it has a sheer application and covers up any veins on the eyelids. Even on the hottest of days, my eyeshadow never budges - cream or powder. Well worth the price and a small tube lasts a long time!

on 6/30/2014 10:38:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow primer! Nothing else compares! Compared to other primers (Two Faced Shadow Insurance, Sephora brand, Benefit's Stay Don't Stray) the Urban Decay is more tacky and lasts for waay longer. I don't find I have particularly oily eyelids (even though my skin is considered oily) but other brands of eyeshadow primer don't make my eyeshadow last all day like the Urban Decay does. The other brands seem slippery and more 'wet' when applying to the eye. I feel the Urban Decay primer is seriously bulletproof. I just bought my second tube today after trying to cut costs and trying the Sephora brand. After my experience with the Sephora brand eyeshadow primer I will more than happily pay for the Urban Decay Primer Potion, besides, the tube lasts for about a year. I will never stray from this primer again, I love it!

on 6/28/2014 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I probably don't use this the way most people do (to make your eyeshadow not crease and last longer). I use it because I have very oily eyelids and even my waterproof mascara tends to end up on my upper eyelids.

Whilst this did a very good job of keeping that happening, I noticed that this product has a hue of orange that it leaves on my lids up to my eyebrows that is very unappealing.

I will not repurchase, switched to the very much cheaper Wet n Wild version and am very happy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials