July 30, 2014 | 2004 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolute holy grail this one. Tried too faced shadow insurance, but find that really drying. UDDP is perfect for me in every way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by SaturnineScribe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start out by saying I'm not a person that thought eyeshadow primer was necessary or made a lick of difference in make up in the beginning. I now consider myself begrudgingly converted.

I received this product as a free gift from Sephora. I had been having some problems with my shadows creasing by the end of my eight hour shifts due to my oily eyelids, but I didn't see how this could really help and balked at the price tag, so this seemed the perfect opportunity to see if this gunk really helped as much as everyone said.

I received it at least a month ago, and after eight hours, my make up either looks like I just applied it or has very minimal, barely visible creasing. It's phenomenal. I haven't noticed any change in color when I put on shadows with primer potion versus without as some ads/reviews have claimed, and any change in intensity is negligible. This product does inhibit blending some, but the pros of wearing it versus the cons tip the scale very much in its favor! As much as I hate the price, I'm going to have to buy some when mine runs out-- I can't go back to loosing my shadow before the end of my shift ever again!

My only qualm is the packaging-- I have the old style, not the squeeze tube, and I worry I'm not going to get all the product out for maximum value.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Henchwench

This is one of the staples of my makeup bag. I absolutely could not survive without it. Its one of those rare products that does exactly what its meant to. I paid around €25 for the bottle im using now and while it might seem like a lot for such a small bottle ive used it every day for over a year and its still got plenty left. I recommend this primer to everyone i know

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by LaynaLoo

I have very oily eyelids!! This product is fab for preventing oil buildup & really does keep shadow it place all day long! Only negative is that I find it hard to blend shadow over this product, but using the proper blending brush obviously helps (i love the Mac 217, sigma E25 & real techniques shadow dome)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Eatseaweed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is probably my favorite thing in my entire makeup collection. I am in love love love. I used Too Faced eyeshadow insurance for about a year before I used this. My cousin had told me about it and let me use hers one day and I fell IN LOVE. I've now been using it for about 4 years and I'll stop when it leaves the shelves.
I apply it using my finger all over my lid in a pat-and-roll motion all the way up to just barely below my brow. Then I take a concealer brush and dip it into the primer, and line right underneath my brow shape in just one precise line. When I apply the lightest color of eyeshadow that I use to highlight right under the arch of my brow, it pops and makes my eyebrows look defined and amazing! I've even applied it underneath my eyes under some concealer to cover up my awful hereditary blue veins and it works like a dream. If you haven't tried it yet, go pick up a sample, you will not regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Ellie1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product makes eye shadow going on unevenly, I'm surprised it has such great ratings. Maybe I just bought a bad bottle, but I was disappointed in the product. Won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

Unfortunately, I have the old packaging and am almost out of it so I'll have to try and de pot it soon. This makes my eyeshadows so pigmented & they last all day. I have a few other primers to use up first but when I do, I would repurchase this (even though it's pricy).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Kapua11

I love my primer! I live in Hawaii & humidity is a problem. Since buying the urban decay primer potion not once has my eyeshadow ever creased! Just wish the price was a little cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

Finally i believe in eye primers! I bought this at sephora. This works like a dream. No more creases! I like everything abt this the genie- bottle like packaging, the fun lavender- purple tube and the reasonable price. No wonder this is a best seller. I applied the primer and eyeshadow. Then I made some mistakes doing the smokey eye and tried to remove the eye shadow but god!... the eye shadow didnt budge.. so i knew this primer means business! it works. (P.S. i had to remove the eye shadow with baby oil and re-do)

Im sticking to this. I like Nars eye primer too but this is more affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, this is the only eye primer I have ever owned and used. So I have nothing to compare this against.
However, my eyelids are very oily, and I can't use products such as pencil and gel eyeliner without it smudging shortly after applications. My eyelids are slightly hooded as well, so gel and pencil eyeliner often imprints to the top of the lid after I apply.

Prior to using the primer, I never wore eye shadow as the shadow would always crease on me. Since introduced to this product, I can wear eyeshadows confidently throughout the day. My shadow would never crease, and the staying power is amazing. The only time it would fade, is after a very long day. 10+ hours. I still don't wear pencil liners, and gel eyeliners still fade on me after a long day, but I find this product a staple in my routine now and can't live without. A tube last for such a long time too. Even with daily use, it has lasted more than 1 year. However I have noticed the product gets thick towards the end and doesn't apply as smoothly. Lucky I have back ups!